Thread: Enneagram type 8 with social instinct variant

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Enneagram type 8 with social instinct variant

Any social 8's here? Anyone have any examples of social variant 8's? Do they exist?

LEND ME YOUR SECRETS!
    Perfect<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>Loops and Tings

Ambivert / Aggressor / Trailblazer / Nomad / Alpha Caretaker / Free Spirit / Kevlar Speed Demon / Ninja

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I MIGHT know an so-8. he's interested in politics and part of a union and pretty active in both. ringleader. forceful. set in his opinions. he's either so or sp first. Can't quite tell.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My grandfather was an so 8. He was very much the pack leader of our whole family. He never really wanted or tried to be our "leader," he just was, by sheer willingness to take on responsibility, always help others who didn't have his resources or skills, and just the force of his personality. He was a "big personality," whenever he walked into a room he was immediately the center of attention just because...he took up a lot of space. I don't know how else to explain it, he wasn't super tall or anything, like 5'11" 220 lbs or so, on the larger side of average. But his voice was big and he was very "there," very grounded, unshakable kind of person. He had this casual, friendly authority to it, like you could do what he told you to do without it being a presumptuous order, it was just obvious that if he took the energy to tell you to do something, it was worth doing, because while he had a big ego he was also a very live-and-let-live person and wouldn't give orders just to give orders. He was super likeable, I don't remember ever being with him and encountering someone who didn't like him; it was impossible because he was so casual and nice without ever being too presumptuous. He could meet tthe clerk at checkout and have them feeling like the center of the world in seconds. His favorite saying was "You always catch more bees with honey." He had a kind of personal sphere, and when you were in his sphere there was just this sense of being totally protected and safe, like he was always looking out for you, and nothing could go wrong.

DJ, my mother, grandfather, godfather, and two of my best friends ever have been 8s, each a different variant, and one an LIE, and you do not have any of the qualities I associate with their 8ness. Its not about poking holes in your ego or anything; you just don't seem like an 8. Personally I think you are a 3, who can easily mistake themselves for 8s and often share many generalized traits: assertiveness, big ego, wanting to be the alpha, good at negotiations, very strong-willed and driven personalities. However you strike me as being much more attached to your own self-image than 8s, who aren't really invested in a self-image at all as they typically aren't very introspective; 3w4s, on the other hand, can be very introspective, and are VERY attached to their self image, whether they are aware of it or not. In my opinion, you are a 3w4 sp/sx.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...