Thread: Differences between Introverted Sensing (Si) and Self-Preservation sp-Instinct

Perpetual Confusion Machine PistolShrimp's Avatar
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Differences between Introverted Sensing (Si) and Self-Preservation sp-Instinct

How does Socionics Si differ from sp instinct in Enneagram?

Si themes (from wikisocion):
    harmony, pleasure, health, comfort, pleasantness, satisfaction, convenience, quality, cosiness, aesthetics
    sp focus (from http://theenneagram.blogspot.com/200...stackings.html ):
    likely to most of the time be calm, centered, thoughtful, especially aesthetic, orderly, mindful of health issues, and concerned about establishing optimum comfort and tranquility in their environment.

TIM
    Fi/Te 6 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

the instincts aren't about cognitive lenses but more about.. energy flow? there are people here who can describe this really well but I'm not one of them.

I'm sp first and I'm not especially into the health and homemaking stuff. its just when it comes to priorities what I'm mostly likely to get neurotic and panicky and must-fix-now about is usually self centered and material, do I have enough food, do I have enough physical space, etc. its not like cultivating and flourishing in that stuff. its like its a point of attention and priority.

idk if this explains it very well but I don't have time atm. I like the question.

TIM
    IEI 4-6-9 apparently
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

In theory they're different (Si is about awareness of environmental influences on bodily/inner states, sp is about ensuring your bodily needs are met/will continue to be met above sx and so concerns) - how they're similar is in how they manifest in reality (the descriptions in the OP). So while the results may be similar, the motivations are different.

Also, as lungs kind of touched on, Se is also compatible with sp, e.g. acquiring cool stuff, not getting sick and heaving enough money to do stuff etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agee The Great View Post
    Nobody here...besides me, seems to know what SLE is except for maybe Maritsa.

Perpetual Confusion Machine PistolShrimp's Avatar
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still don't really understand the difference, two years later... Like how would you differentiate between the two when typing someone?

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PistolShrimp View Post
    I still don't really understand the difference, two years later... Like how would you differentiate between the two when typing someone?
    lol u just need a SLE or LIE to beat u up

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Nothing. They need to self preserve because they have hyperactive duals who need to relax and rest

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PistolShrimp View Post
    How does Socionics Si differ from sp instinct in Enneagram?

Si themes (from wikisocion):

sp focus (from http://theenneagram.blogspot.com/200...stackings.html ):
    What makes you think their eg harmony (at top of list) corresponds with eg (calm) sp? It's an introverted function and for all you know harmony to this function means that in their mind harmony comes from nothing like the extraverted defintion of calm, but harmony will come from destruction of what's already there. Just putting it out there.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Inversely as Ni, i don't relate to Sp at all.
    I would say that ethically you are still supposed to act as if you have unilateral responsibility; but simultaneously you have to be able to see the other as a fully autonomous, free, aware person.

Medicalizing social problems has the additional benefit of rendering society not responsible for those social ills. If it’s a disease, it’s nobody’s fault. Yay empiricism.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    the instincts aren't about cognitive lenses but more about.. energy flow? there are people here who can describe this really well but I'm not one of them.

I'm sp first and I'm not especially into the health and homemaking stuff. its just when it comes to priorities what I'm mostly likely to get neurotic and panicky and must-fix-now about is usually self centered and material, do I have enough food, do I have enough physical space, etc. its not like cultivating and flourishing in that stuff. its like its a point of attention and priority.

idk if this explains it very well but I don't have time atm. I like the question.
    Hey yeah, it's kind of the same for me. Si-egos seem to be highly aware of their inner states and incorporate them, almost seamlessly, into their lives. But for me it's something I have to try and focus on, something that if I ignore or neglect, it will bite me in the ass later when it creates associated disharmony and poor health/performance. So my motivation is to avoid these things through some kind of meta-cognitive planning, while an Si ego seems motivated to enhance harmony.