Default ENTps what do you think of INTps? [extinguishment relations]

?

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Imo, you should just bunch these questions all into one thread. Like LIIs what are your opinion of LIEs, ILEs your opinion of ILIs, IEEs your opinions of SEIs etc.... It saves up clutter and will make the thread more productive. Just call it the opinion thread or something O_O.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of my close friends is INTp and I've known a few others pretty well.

Easy to be around physically; Generally harmonize energy-wise; ready to relax when I am, ready to go do something when I am. Can be a bit sluggish though, and can be fickle about finishing projects (although I guess I can be too).

When I'm at a party or get-together, we usually gravitate towards each other and have conversations about off-beat philosophical, speculative, technological, or "meta" stuff. In that setting I don't mind someone entering the conversation and I'll change my tone and vocabulary to invite the newcomer, but I think my INTp friend is a bit more oblivious and apathetic towards the newcomer's input.

My INTp friend and I are both pretty geeky. However, his geeky seems to revolve around his own personal enjoyment of "the geek life" and the relaxed, sedentary lifestyle of casual geeky conversation. My interest in geeky stuff is more because I believe it will have an impact on the world, change the way people think about things, and otherwise affect the "big picture". I think that is an IP-EP split.

We mutually avoid talking about emotions and relationships. Whenever we tread on the subject it feels tense. I end up wanting to say too much and give my opinions on how things will logically play out or can be explained/related to general themes of human conflicts. He chalks things up to "Well that's just the way so and so is." That being said, we do agree pretty readily when someone is being irritating in the moment, but past and future relationship issues are avoided.

Also, he can be stingy with food and comfort. I'll say, "I'm so hungry man!" and he'll be like "yeah!" and then come out of the kitchen with two hot dogs on a plate. I understand that humans technically don't need much food and that we are all fat Americans, but when I'm hungry I want to enjoy myself. He would take pills for sustenance if he could, even though he enjoys the technical art of cooking food.
    Last edited by ArchonAlarion; 07-12-2012 at 01:38 AM.

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We speak different languages and care about different things, and we don't see the validity of the other person's ideas or way of doing things.

TIM
    ENTp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FoxOnStilts View Post
    We speak different languages and care about different things, and we don't see the validity of the other person's ideas or way of doing things.
    I agree with this

yet there's an attraction (dunno if it's mutual all the time hehe). I've experienced fascination for Ni and how they handle it primarily and in that sense it's been fun, very novel and entertaining if you want a fresh perspective on your ideas; but interacting with ILI is a 2 edged sword and ultimately frustrating because they sort of chop one's wings off with their narrow-mindedness and pedantry

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paradanmellow View Post
    but interacting with ILI is a 2 edged sword and ultimately frustrating because they sort of chop one's wings off with their narrow-mindedness and pedantry
    Wait, in what situation? I can relate to that when working with them, in fact *for* them and in the same exact area of the job; yes, I worked for an ILI and this is the most proper term for his attitude towards me: pedantic. We were criticizing each other constantly though I was doing it indirectly for he was the boss. When I work with them on the same task just on different things, we don't care about how the other does his piece - because this was the issue in the previous case, "how" not "what" - and trust each other's expertise. Just the problem is they never make up their mind, it is so frustrating. They can't say "this is what I needed, thanks!" but want things over and over again, even things that they don't need. For example features in a rig, which require some effort from your part to implement, that they "might" use in the future though they ATM have no need for.

But definitely, as an interlocutor, they are great. We can talk for many hours wasting a lot of time but having many insights exploring whatnot. I'm not talking about an isolated case, but more ILIs I know and chat with IRL, one of them being just extreme, as it happens this guy is also into Socionics . I'm yet to meet an ILI that is not intelligent and has little knowledge of the many things. Indeed we argue a lot but we also agree a lot - though our agreements are rather "this is a good point" than "you are definitely right".

There is something dull about them, though... I don't know how to express this, but think of the difference between listening to your favorite music and reading some documentation that interests you. The latter is definitely interesting but strictly intellectual. I mean there's nothing about them to raise my passion, because in most of the people I'm into, there's some sort of enthusiasm (or craving?) I'v got that make me want to interact with them which I lack with ILIs, unless I got an idea that I want them necessaily to know (like solving one of the problems they raised, they do this a lot), though I kinda expect skepticism, finding some "flaw" in my solution - which is generally fun anyway.

All in all, with ILIs I spend a lot of value time that I never regret. Oh, when I depend on or need something from them, they tend to delay things too much, and I have to become insistent, calling them, pushing them from behind. For some reason they don't understand the urgency of someone's needs, like they're living in a timeless story which you can interrupt and resume whenever you want. And they have a total detachments of these imperative matters [1] as if it is not important whether they are in the end addressed or not. For example if you depend on them to pursue an opportunity, they seem not to understand that opportunities are temporary and need to be addressed as soon as possible. They IME share this trait with all Ip people. The train is departing, Joe, you either take it or you're left behind.
    ---

[1] - I know that this "imperativeness" is subjective, but to me it exists, should Lao Tze twist in his grave!
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

TIM
    Te-ILI; 5w6 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alpha NTs search for emotions, which the ILIs just don't display. So I can see how we might be purely intellectual and not exciting in the emotional way. I believe The Ineffable's description is pretty accurate. I have one ILE friend who actually introduced me to socionics and I think he sees me in the way described by @The Ineffable

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

No?

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Typology forum or creepy cult?
    Poem ILE BFF wrote me:

Friends by heart, friends by soul.
    Just one more step away from the goal.

Sometimes I become very pissed,
    Because I knew how much I have missed,
    Those days sweet and bitter,
    We talk- we laugh- we banter-
    Of trivial things like personality types and life,
    Of love and world and strife,
    You’re almost my opposite- it frightens me,
    And yet we are now laughing with incredible glee,
    When we realize- that we are as different as we are the same.
    Mirror souls- yours and mine-
    Yin and yang, the moon never ceases to shine-
    The cycle never ends- the patterns continue to repeat,
    The very same song without missing a single beat.
    It doesn’t matter, cause- you know.
    We’ll survive each fatal blow.

Misunderstood- you and me.
    The world couldn’t understand- the rage pent up inside-
    Yet as the motion picture stop to slide, We walk hand in hand-
    Our little castle made of sand,
    We never met- we never touch- we never hug.
    I answer it all with a shrug.
    That never dims the blinding glow.

We shall pause the buzz and see- we are not alone.
    This cold, cold world- still, cruel and beautiful,
    When I met you- it became even more wonderful.

How long has it been- since we met?
    I can’t remember, it felt like forever.
    You understand me- I understand you.
    Puzzle pieces never meant to fit,
    Shoes worn too loose-
    There is a time where we should take a bow.
    Tangling words- sugarcoating and lacing it sweetly,
    Puppeteering muted beings and rouse them into life-
    Mixed messages, mixed signals- yet it is plain to see.
    How our friendship is meant to be.
    Nothing does matter, cause- you know.
    It never dims our friendships’ glow.

:/ What is racism?

dEEEEEEEEEEEEERp I must have our types wrong huh? LULZ
    Last edited by chriscorey; 11-01-2012 at 08:37 AM.
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smart, funny, distant
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Extinguishment relations" article described very accurately the relationship I had with this ENTp. We played this video game, and at one point got along, but then, there was this situation in front of 5 other people, where ENTp asked me for advice and I responded "No, figure out on your own. You are on the opposite team." Which really hurt him and he said "you are insolent" ...He then kept looking at me and back at his monitor, seeking reaction, obviously very irritated. I remained calm and didn't respond, even though that really disturbed me and I felt bad.
    After that... we just didn't get along. He was afraid to initiate anything and I just remained passive.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tbh, ILE, scatterbrained populist morons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Tbh, ILI, deluded cold bastards.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    No. E9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I find them hilarious in their negativist serious ways. It makes me want to cuddle them or spell out their name with pom-poms to get a reaction, but I heard they have gamma cooties... so we just talk about books and creative projects instead and it's always interesting. When I want critical feedback with something I will always go to my ILI friend first because I can trust them not to sugar coat it.

The whole inertia thing I have experienced with them bothers me sometimes. STOP PLANNING AND RE-PLANNING AND JUST START WRITING THE DAMN BOOK! I think I misread their necessary rumination as procrastination/insecurity maybe???

But anyway. They cool

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Raver View Post
    Imo, you should just bunch these questions all into one thread. Like LIIs what are your opinion of LIEs, ILEs your opinion of ILIs, IEEs your opinions of SEIs etc.... It saves up clutter and will make the thread more productive. Just call it the opinion thread or something O_O.
    No, orderly categorization trumps that nonsense every time.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL I thought Ne and Ni just spoke a different language? ):

-Krishna

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chriscorey View Post
    LOL I thought Ne and Ni just spoke a different language? ):

Remove the word 'just' or you will need to expand the differences list.

Banned
    TIM
    ISTP Se-LSI 6w5cp sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Ineffable View Post
    All in all, with ILIs I spend a lot of value time that I never regret. Oh, when I depend on or need something from them, they tend to delay things too much, and I have to become insistent, calling them, pushing them from behind. For some reason they don't understand the urgency of someone's needs, like they're living in a timeless story which you can interrupt and resume whenever you want. And they have a total detachments of these imperative matters [1] as if it is not important whether they are in the end addressed or not. For example if you depend on them to pursue an opportunity, they seem not to understand that opportunities are temporary and need to be addressed as soon as possible. They IME share this trait with all Ip people. The train is departing, Joe, you either take it or you're left behind.
    ---

[1] - I know that this "imperativeness" is subjective, but to me it exists, should Lao Tze twist in his grave!
    Are you projecting? Seriously? Every ENTp I know is a big pain in my fucking ass because they don't answer your fucking phone calls until 3 weeks after the fact, they procrastinate like fuck, they are scattered, and honestly, they seem to not give a shit about much of anything.

Opportunities are to be taken if they are meaningful, but I'm not really sure if an ENTp commonly can decide "what is a meaningful opportunity" vs. what is not. It's like a cat eating multiple kinds of cat food. They are all opportunities, and they all taste good. I'm an Ip, but I'm discerning. I can describe and understand Tender Vittles vs. Natural Balance.

I don't know wtf ILEs have out for ILIs but....... it's obviously something.

TIM
    No. E9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jet city woman View Post
    Are you projecting? Seriously? Every ENTp I know is a big pain in my fucking ass because they don't answer your fucking phone calls until 3 weeks after the fact, they procrastinate like fuck, they are scattered, and honestly, they seem to not give a shit about much of anything.

Opportunities are to be taken if they are meaningful, but I'm not really sure if an ENTp commonly can decide "what is a meaningful opportunity" vs. what is not. It's like a cat eating multiple kinds of cat food. They are all opportunities, and they all taste good. I'm an Ip, but I'm discerning. I can describe and understand Tender Vittles vs. Natural Balance.

I don't know wtf ILEs have out for ILIs but....... it's obviously something.
    Yeah. What a bunch of reprobates. It's a miracle we even make it out the womb

Banned
    TIM
    ISTP Se-LSI 6w5cp sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squirreltual View Post
    Yeah. What a bunch of reprobates. It's a miracle we even make it out the womb
    Sorry the truth bothers you so much. Maybe you can turn it around and make me like you.

TIM
    No. E9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

No thanks. But thank you for suggesting the opportunity.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE's can suck me lucky charms.
    Perfect<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>Loops and Tings

Ambivert / Aggressor / Trailblazer / Nomad / Alpha Caretaker / Free Spirit / Kevlar Speed Demon / Ninja

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remove the word 'just' or you will need to expand the differences lis t.
    Good point. Iknow language, I've spoken it all my life.

-Krishna

TIM
    ILE-Ne (+ennea6)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think ILI is a pretty cool guy, eh plays board games with me and doesn't afraid of anythign.

Clearance level: 10 (9 is maximum) Fermi's Avatar
    TIM
    entp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE POWER UNITE! LET'S CUDDLEPARTY *YAY*
    is like a wet kiss on the cheek and a warm hug by a cute smiling girl.
    is the confetti shots on your birthday party with all your friends.
    is a way to completely rip apart the face of god and stare directly at the naked universe.
    is like over here and then over there and they are all connected and I am on amphetamine.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At best: Analytical, cynical, dark humour, low peer pressure, thinking outside the box.
    At worst: People living in a distant shell.

These two are often combined.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden