Thread: Types of teachers/professors

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Types of teachers/professors

Hey, I wondered about the types of many of my past teachers and recent professors and how their types influence my relation to them. I'm not entirely sure about some of them, while other's types seem crystal clear to me. I'll also include traits which are probably NTR. The ones I remember best were:

teachers: (middle school)
    ESI, ethics and geography, she was our class teacher (might be an equivalent to a homeroom teacher) that's why had a lot to do with her. She was intelligent and a very talented teacher in my opinion. However, her teaching style was pretty much depending on her current mood. What I liked was that she treated us almost like adults if we behaved accordingly. She did not hesitate to call us to order if we didn't listen or fooled around, she could become pretty authoritarian (and loud) to assert herself, but never really overdid it. We got along farily well and I did always have the impression that she knew exactly what she did and kept everything under control.

ESI, math, She was often trying to mask her seriousness with bringing "fun" into her lessons, but that didn't really work in the majority of cases. Rather tense and conservative, her lessons were boring but qualitively good. She was a bit strict an reserved, but she was also inclined to appreciate honest effort. That's why she was mostly repected by the students, others might complained about her occasional bitchiness. She was okay and I respected her as a person, but her ideal of working hard and constant exercise/repetition were a bit annoying to me.

SLI, gym class, He had a calm personality and did his job quite well. He did not stand out a lot abside from ironic remarks (which were never really caustic) and his quiet amusement from our inability to do some of the tasks in gym class. Most people liked him because he never put anyone under pressure and the lessons were usually stress-free and fun. We never interacted in particular, I agreed with most of my fellow students that he was okay.

teachers: (high school)
    ILI, english and russian, she was rather quiet and seemed to be emotionally restricted (apart from smiling). She was very soft-spoken and practically never yelled at anyone, but did not hide her opinion on something. She was a good teacher and made sure that she taught us everything we needed to know. However, her private life was nothing she broadly discussed in class (some teachers tend to do this). The fact that I always liked english class was a good base for a non-problematic cooperation and she was generally well liked and respected.

IEE (?), design class, I really liked that guy because he managed to make a seemingly boring subject (we learned how to layout and work with text from him) interesting. He was a really smart guy and frequently told us about his life. He apparently studied electronic engineering before he became a (successful) designer. He changed because the engineering became boring, even if was very good at that too adn worked in a research team (according to himself). He did not only tell us the essential facts, but also huge amounts of interesting background info. From his teaching style, he was a kind of anti-teacher to me, but in a good way. The way he taught us stuff was more like a professor than a teacher. I enjoyed his classes a lot even though he was frequently a bit "confused" and disorganised. Others saw him simply as an eccentric (which was actually true) and may enjoyed his relaxed, non-athoritarian style.

ILE, chemistry, He was a very knowledgeable and funny guy, but maybe wasn't such a good teacher. His lessons usually disintegrated to endless, unrelated story-telling and he just never got shit done. After these rants, he looked at his watch and said somthing like "Oh, no. Now I have again told you so much stuff and we did not get ahead at all! We'll have to start right now." just to find another funny story/anecdote and tell it. We didn't learn much, but he was a likeable guy, mostly because of his messiness. However, it was definitely a problem that we did not do much and his inability to organize was sometimes annoying to me.

LSE, chemistry, He was the archetypical teacher. He always had an aura of authority and practically everyone respected him. However, he was never actually aggressive. He maintained his position by being a little severe and with his well developed stoicism. I could only really see the other sides of his personality during class trips and the like. He worked a lot since he also had a responsible position in the school administration. I heard that some teachers did not like him, but that was also related to the fact that he often took a stand for his students. He was very critical adn gifted with a very good common sense and tried to pass this attitude to us as well. He was a very good teacher in my opinion and this was also reflected by the (actually undesired) popularity he had among the students. He even became some kind of legend, I think. Once we made a bet and the price was an alcoholic beverage. He even got me the bottle of sparkling wine after he lost under the premise that I won't tell the others that he gives alchohol to his students.

SLE (?), ethics and gym class, Ethics was my favourite subject and I liked how he did his lessons. He was intelligent and well versed in this field and the managed to explain it very well to us. He was also fairly open minded and was prone to accept any opinion as long as you could give good arguments. However, he did not always follow the principles he taught us in ehtics, especially in gym class. He could be a dick if we didn't do well in the gym or if we weren't motivated. PE was typically an annoying subject to me. I didn't mind the physical exercise, but team sports were often a pain in the ass, especially volleyball that we used to play all the time. He always had some smartass remark for you if you fucked up again. But all in all, my impression of him was still rather positive.

Professors:
    ILI, social science, He's a highly intelligent person and a good professor. His lectures are somewhat boring sometimes but the content was qualitatively very good and interesting. He always talks a lot and is considerably eloquent, often weaving in witty remarks in his dry humour (which only half of the audience gets, at best). If he does not do the subject alone, he's prone to step behind the other professor and let them do most announcements and organizational decsions. Especially if the other person is extroverted. I respect him a lot and he much appreciates if the students show inituative and actively contribute to the discussions.

LIE, urban development and history, A very capable and business-minded person. He's one of the main persons to organize our course and he also got a higher position shortly after he joined the college. While he is very diplomatic on the outside, he sometimes vents behind people's backs and his slightly aggressive nature shows. However, he can control himself very well and he is able of working with every student. He often cooperates and highly respects the ILI mentioned above. I see him as a cornerstone of the course and value his opinion.

ILE (possibly IEE), landscape architecture, She is very scattered but also very nice and highly creative person. It's fun to work with her because she easily excuses minor mistakes while she can still be consequent if it gets out of control. Cooperation is typically unproblematic and relaxed and she shows interest in her students. Even if I don't question her abilities, I got the impression that she doesn't always know exactly what she does. However, this is fairly unimportant and she generally seems to be a good professor.

ILE, planning and architecture, He is one of the worst people I ever had to work with. He is usually a huge dick without realizing, he gives useless and false instructions and is extremely whiny and annoying. Most students dislike him because of his stupid antics, even if he is rather generous when he's assessing their work (if they did exactly what he told them to do). He is silly and childish at times and can be very arrogant (when he's reciting newspaper articles about himself for example). If shit goes wrong, he always blames the others, even if it's obviously not their fault. He can get pissed because of virtually everything and is always late. I avoid him at every possible occasion.

If you also remember some interesting people and want to share I'd like to know.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Haikus
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

eww junior high/high school omg i was such an emo loser nervous wreck. (for typical ness)

science teacher (ILE): was an insensitive twat. said 'i was shaking like a leaf!' in class but did nothing to alleviate my suffering. I'm shy and I don't like being around a large group of people okay? Fuck off. God I hated school. This has nothing to do with him being ILE, of course. Everybody said he was funny/charming but he was also kind of a dick.

gym teacher (SLE): defended me a lot, was hot as fuck, wanted to have gay sex with him really badly. sometimes he would yell at me and call me a faggot but it made me laugh. he didn't like when I was bullied/picked on by the straight boys and fought them off like a bulldog. <3

english teacher (ESE): She was fat and then lost weight and she was mean to this fat kid for being fat when she was now sort of skinny. I felt sorry for the fat kid because he was always nice to me. She was kind of an emotional drama queen and she made me feel bad about myself because she said I was too quiet. "Look most of these assholes in this prison are rude and make fun of me constantly for everything I don't know how to do well. I'm not going to pretend to be nice to them you fuck tard" and I would draw pictures and comics of me beating her up. She made me cry once and this really nice boy who was always nice to me defended me. He was really empathetic and wasn't a bully. I wonder what happened to him. God I hated that teacher, she was like a sociopath like the kind of cunt who would seriously just sit there and smile and tell you to 'Cheer up!' while she was cutting out your heart with a butcher knife. What a weird lady, one of those weird fat fucks with too much time on her hands. She also told my parents that I was a 'problem child' and shit and said nasty things about me. I did NOTHING to her, and I had no idea why she had such a low opinion of me.

music teacher (ESI?): I liked her. She left me alone for the most part. And she complimented me. She was kind of selfish in a way that I like, like that patented gamma selfishness and mind your own business ness. She was able to show professional respect and tact about my personal life when a lot of other people would try to troll me with it, or they would 'care too much' and make me feel awkward, or they would care genuinely but that still got in the way when I just wanted to learn a damn skill. She had this business-y standoffish persona about her that was comforting in a way.

I could type some of my college professors but they honestly aren't as interesting. High school is more of an emotional trainwreck but in a way that makes it more special to me. I'm so Beta, sorry. =p

Haikus
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

oh there was also this SEI lunchlady that I was like being too clingy with. I felt comfortable around her and then one day all of a sudden she was basically like "Okay sammy you have to stop being a fag now and try to go play with other people your own age!" (of course she didn't say that but that's what it felt like)

It was a little upsetting but I got over it pretty quick, and I *was* using her too much as a safety net. She was just... really comforting, in the way SEIs are. After she said that though it was awkward for the both of us and I never talked to her again.