Thread: Typical places to run into your duals

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Typical places to run into your duals

Are there typical places where there is a large chance of running into your duals? Feel free to contribute to this thread, so that it becomes a sort of resource.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLIs: in the hospitality industry, such as kitchens of hotels or catering companies.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSEs: Hitch Hiking. Seriously, over 70% of the people who have given me a ride have been LSEs worried about some psycho axe murderer picking me up if they don't. Also all my driving teachers (except for one LSI) were LSEs.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    SLIs: in the hospitality industry, such as kitchens of hotels or catering companies.
    I'm currently working at an engeneering company, it's SLI dominant in the workshop (draaien en frezen). Some of them have weird hair dress, mohak or beards etc. One also drives an over the top jeep.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE often work as a barber or childcaretaker. I used to search for those keywords on dating sites.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    SEE often work as a barber or childcaretaker. I used to search for those keywords on dating sites.
    Unfortunately, hanging out at daycare centers just to meet SEEs is probably not a good idea ;-)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLE: boating docks, motorcycle shows, wall street, sports venues, sports bars, music performances, theaters
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ENTp or ILE
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's wierd, I've never met a SLI that was in hospitality. The ones that I know are mechanics or in IT. They love to fix stuff

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI: yoga
    Perfect<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>Loops and Tings

Ambivert / Aggressor / Trailblazer / Nomad / Alpha Caretaker / Free Spirit / Kevlar Speed Demon / Ninja

TIM
    IXI sx/so
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Minimum wage jobs... before they get fired. Lol.
    Probably ILI, or IE I/EIE/EII. PM me if you have ideas about my type! Ennagram 2w3 7w8 1w9.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ningyo View Post
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Perpetual Confusion Machine PistolShrimp's Avatar
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A few other places to find SLEs: IT positions (my SLE dad is basically a high-level hacker for the government), online FPS games, ski/snowboard trails, the gym (derp).

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ningyo View Post
    Well... you got me pinned.

<<unemployed due to being fired for being too awesome.
    Perfect<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>Loops and Tings

Ambivert / Aggressor / Trailblazer / Nomad / Alpha Caretaker / Free Spirit / Kevlar Speed Demon / Ninja

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bet this thread would be far more effective if you asked people where they meet their identical.
    Easy Day

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where I met my identical: Ski slopes, Gymnastics, Tae Kwon Do, Video games (younger, probably under age 25), motorcycle clubs

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Restaurants, restrooms, and the DMV.

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    Restaurants, restrooms, and the DMV.
    I don't go out to eat, have anxiety about public restrooms, and don't visit the DMV since they allowed me to renew through the mail.

(^only one of those things are true. Guess.)

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have anxiety about public restrooms and ipso facto do not poop.

TIM
    IXI sx/so
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    Well... you got me pinned.

<<unemployed due to being fired for being too awesome.
    Haha, was mostly joking but this HAS happened to a number of SLEs I've known actually. And I always thought it would be the SLEs who would support us, the IEIs, financially. What option have we now but to marry the first SLI who'll do our taxes for free? *sigh*

Eta: Per JWC3's idea...

Where I met my IEI beau: online forums like this one.

Where I met the other IEIs I know: through mutual friends, work, and at anime conventions.
    Last edited by Ningyo; 07-17-2012 at 08:35 PM.
    Probably ILI, or IE I/EIE/EII. PM me if you have ideas about my type! Ennagram 2w3 7w8 1w9.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Are there typical places where there is a large chance of running into your duals?
    Bench outside my place.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eh, I guess the SLE's are all or nothin @Ningyo. Keep searching you'll find your donald trump some day.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

airports/airplanes of all the strange places.. lots of SLE 7s traveling around chasing after their golden dream

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI: well I uh
    hmm

All of the SLIs I've met have just been through happenstance, living life the way I would normally do and they just come along. I can't really say if there's any one medium through which I meet them most. Feels like I meet a lot more Fe/Ti types than I do Te/Fi; may have something to do with living in the SF bay area, seems to attract that ilk more strongly.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LIEs: no idea. I've only met three in my entire life. one was a total douchebag ( I think LIE-te) and only talked about himself and how he was going to be a political figure/foreign ambassador later in his life, which he well on his way actually and only wanted women who were extremely cultured and able to maintain "face" in the public. He asked me out for coffee and I simply ignored him. He had no sense of humor.

The other two, fairly decent. VERY hyperactive at times...and not people i'd probably seek out IRL. for some reason I tend to get along awesome with SLI doods (as friends or romantically it fizzles), and then LIE's somehow become friends..or they prove themselves to be pretty cool people once they calm down and stop puffing up their chests.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

LSE and ILI at home and in their garden. Better yet, you can find an LSE in the chic department stores, where you can find quality items. LSE are more likely to dine out than ILI, imo and you can find ILI at gardening centers more often than an LSE imo.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    LIEs: no idea. I've only met three in my entire life. one was a total douchebag ( I think LIE-te) and only talked about himself and how he was going to be a political figure/foreign ambassador later in his life, which he well on his way actually and only wanted women who were extremely cultured and able to maintain "face" in the public. He asked me out for coffee and I simply ignored him. He had no sense of humor.

The other two, fairly decent. VERY hyperactive at times...and not people i'd probably seek out IRL. for some reason I tend to get along awesome with SLI doods (as friends or romantically it fizzles), and then LIE's somehow become friends..or they prove themselves to be pretty cool people once they calm down and stop puffing up their chests.
    ive only had one likely LIE friend and i met her in the human services program when i was in school where she stood out like a sore thumb in class lmao. she had good intentions but she didn't really know how to navigate in the program which was so PC and she asked a lot of questions trying to get at the truth instead of just what was appropriate (like when it came to race issues or social welfare policy etc) which made a lot of people uncomfortable but i thought she was hilarious. she did this thing where she would get super animated with her gestures and end up with a cowlick and looking all goofy and oblivious, it was the most adorable thing.

a few other people who i've thought could maybe be LIE around the workplace but never got to know. one of whom got on my nerves because he trapped people in conversation constantly and said his political opinions like they were undisputable facts.

the whole ambassador-maintaining-face thing freaks me out, gross.

idk, generally i dont have a good idea for what LIEs "look like" so i don't really search them out or have much hope for coming across any.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I have no idea how they look. Because I thought each of 'em were SLE's until they kept going on about themselves and thought my goofy sense of humor was funny. (SLE's tend to not appreciate my teasing). LIEs tend to lecture people. Oh, you asked a question? I'm going to tell you EVERYTHING about this subject, let me give you a background history and then a quick definition and then wrap it all together with an example/metaphor and then an inappropriate joke that is kind of related but not really.

it's only interesting when it's something *I* asked about/want to learn more about a subject. They know a little bit about everything it seems.

and they get taken advantage of. mostly by women. i just want to slap them and say, you know that damsel in distress act that a friend/acquaintance is pulling is just an act... don't fall for it... and then they fall for it. (women are shady as hell).

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by blackburry; 07-19-2012 at 09:34 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

(just talking about IRL LIE's and the gist of what I get from them) AND they're extremely vague.
    You have a problem now for it is going to be used against you, used in a way that is going to prompt a person(s) reading that take advantage of you or any other person not to mention it happened already. And no, this is not me talking for the sake of talking, I know exactly what I'm talking about and I mean no harm.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    You have a problem now for it is going to be used against you, used in a way that is going to prompt a person(s) reading that take advantage of you or any other person not to mention it happened already. And no, this is not me talking for the sake of talking, I know exactly what I'm talking about and I mean no harm.
    Someone reading this took advantage of me?

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Someone reading this took advantage of me?
    Yes, it is pretty easy actually. It's a socionics site after all where types take precedence over people. I mean it is nothing criminal so no worries. I thought about it on my way to the garage once and thing is when you say something it is going to have an echo and there is always someone there armed with an active sonar, that is a transmitter and a receiver sending bits of "sounds" and listening for echoes.

I'm sure this makes a lot of sense

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There seems to be a huge amount of SLI's working as sound and lighting technicians/engineers.
    IEE-Ne

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno bout other sli's but if I could just be the owner of an animal sanctuary, my life dream would be complete. I've done every job under the sun but that would be the only one I'd do because I wanted to. IEE's? I dunno. I always got this impression they don't sit in one spot for too long. I can't imagine them having ONE career FOREVER. Theyre exactly like ILE's in that regard.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by octo View Post
    SLIs are also massively overrepresented in glassblowing circles.
    Ah so, these "SLI Cartels" have cornered the glassblowing industry as well, it makes sense.
    IEE-Ne

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by octo View Post
    SLIs are also massively overrepresented in glassblowing circles.
    I have a SLI friend who asked me if I would be interested in taking a glass-blowing class with her...

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scandelous

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are there typical places where there is a large chance of running into your duals?
    At Pookie nem mama house.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsy View Post
    At Pookie nem mama house.
    Absolutely agree.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.