Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why is the Bringer of Light evil?

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Why is the Bringer of Light evil?

For the sake of discussion, let's forget about logical inconsistensies like paradox of free will, omnipotence paradox, theodicy and other things that might hinder a pleasant analysis about most monotheistic religions.

Why is Satan evil?

This graph demonstrates the death tolls of both of the parties. Only events with a specific number were counted so it doesn't include the flood, plagues, famine, Sodoma nor Gomorrah.

The ten people killed were Job's family and God gave his permission to this action.

I also found this to be a compact package.
    •Satan, like Prometheus, gave knowledge to humanity by giving Eve the fruit from the forbidden tree. Because of Satan, humanity gained knowledge of good and evil, according to Genesis. Since we couldn't have possessed knowledge of good and evil before eating the fruit, Adam and Eve couldn't have known that eating the fruit was evil, so it seems a little harsh to punish them as severely as God did. Satan gave humans true capacity for moral judgment, unlike God, who simply expected everyone to mindlessly obey his orders.
    •There is no biblical record of Satan engaging in the murder of torture of any human being, unlike God, who is guilty (and proudly guilty) of commiting genocide.
    •There is no biblical record of Satan ever ordering someone to kill someone else, unlike God, who has repeatedly demanded the deaths of those who commit even the smallest of offenses.
    •Satan will not be holding a massively dramatic ceremony full of blood and death for the return of his son to Earth. God apparently will.
    In comparison Satan looks like a hero.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The incompleteness of Satan's power is an issue.

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also I might add that:

1) God is the creator of life, what god makes he can take away. Satan created no lives.
    2) Satan introduced death into the world, as the "knowledge of Good and Evil" was not academic knowledge of Good and Evil but first hand knowledge based on experience. In Eden, there was no" first hand" knowledge (read as "first hand experience") of good and evil until Satan, knowing the consquences of sin, introduced Adam and Eve to God's judgement. Phrased again, the knowledge of Good and Evil was the issue of "first hand knowledge based on experience" - knowledge by direct experience of God's wraith. Satan was not a philosopher giving to man philosophy, but a trisky trickster who forced man to become wise philosophers by exposing them to harsh consequences.
    3) Jehovah is a God of Justice and Mercy, two opposing ideas. He is Lion and Lamb. The angel of death has always been his loyal angel- one of the "good guys." Satan is the angel of the morning light and the chief musician of the angels. As leader of the fallen angels, the angel of light represents vainty, envy, charisma. He is the angel of egotism.
    4) God is the taker of lives. However, Satan works to make sure that peoples lives are wasted and life is fultile. People die apart from their true place and purpose because of Satan. God has always been the one in charge of death. It is man's choice to live a life that is worth it, and Satan is there to cloud man's judgement.

- John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well Aquagraph, I've considered the subject in all of its theological depth and have come to the conclusion that:

BLARG RELIGION BLAH BLAH TRIBAL SOCIETIES BLAG BLARB TRANSFORMATION OF SPIRIRTUALITY INTO MALE-CENTRIC HIERARCHY BLAH BLAH ARBITRARY BULLSHIT HARDY HAR ONLY THE CLERGY COULD READ THE BIBLE YAR MATEY HAR PEOPLE RELIED ON MAGICAL THINKING FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS EEEK BLEEP FAITH YUM YUMS THE ELDER FATHER FIGURE IS VICTORIOUS AGAINST THE UPSTART SON GOOPTY GOO ONE TIME I SAW A GHOST.

That's probably the most succinct explanation one could come up with, but I could go on.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    1) God is the creator of life, what god makes he can take away.
    Infanticide is ok?
    2) Satan introduced death into the world, as the "knowledge of Good and Evil" was not academic knowledge of Good and Evil but first hand knowledge based on experience. In Eden, there was no" first hand" knowledge (read as "first hand experience") of good and evil until Satan, knowing the consquences of sin, introduced Adam and Eve to God's judgement. Phrased again, the knowledge of Good and Evil was the issue of "first hand knowledge based on experience" - knowledge by direct experience of God's wraith. Satan was not a philosopher giving to man philosophy, but a trisky trickster who forced man to become wise philosophers by exposing them to harsh consequences.
    So the humankind made a single mistake and for that all of their offspring should suffer from hard labor and menstruation and what not.
    3) Jehovah is a God of Justice and Mercy, two opposing ideas. He is Lion and Lamb. The angel of death has always been his loyal angel- one of the "good guys." Satan is the angel of the morning light and the chief musician of the angels. As leader of the fallen angels, the angel of light represents vainty, envy, charisma. He is the angel of egotism.
    Well, he sure hired one hell of an angel for such a job.
    4) God is the taker of lives. However, Satan works to make sure that peoples lives are wasted and life is fultile. People die apart from their true place and purpose because of Satan. God has always been the one in charge of death. It is man's choice to live a life that is worth it, and Satan is there to cloud man's judgement.
    Why is he called the Bringer of Light then? Deception? If so, does "the word of God" display his name in an ironic way?
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The OP shows me once again that I chose the right side (by being a heathen) if all that stuff was actually true, after all.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also I might add that:

1) God is the creator of life, what god makes he can take away. Satan created no lives.
    If God is omnipotent, then he created Satan with full knowledge of the consequences, and therefore is to blame for both good and evil. He creates people with "free-will" just to see them fall into temptation due to the qualities he gave them and thus go to Hell or otherwise not be allowed into paradise after death. Therefore God is a sadistic jerk.

Please refer to my previous post for an even better explanation.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, you all can have a good time with Satan. I do not post often as I am doing something right now. In any case, what you are addressing is two separate issues - the first is the meaning of the passage of Genesis chapter 2 and 3. My explanation of it is sufficient. I am not God's attorney. The second issue is the nature of Man's freedom. Humanity exists between two contrasting elements, life and death. The passages in genesis frame human existence between those elements and builds on that. The theme is about a dilemma. If you do not buy into it, then so be it.
    Last edited by Saberstorm; 07-02-2012 at 01:58 AM.

- John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely not buying it, at least for any historical merits. The message appears to be kind of anachronistic and fucked too, but I'm sure some can scrape away the shit from the gold flecks.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am getting a bunch of error messages from this site when I click on anything, so I shall retire from this discussion until the system is more stable. I think the double post above me is related to this site issue. I am signing off for now.

- John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa3s View Post
    The OP shows me once again that I chose the right side (by being a heathen) if all that stuff was actually true, after all.
    Join me in the dark side just to piss off Christians.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

satan is evil because light has to announce itself through darkness.

edit: figure it out lol
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Why is Satan evil?
    Because he was defiant of God.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    This graph demonstrates the death tolls of both of the parties. Only events with a specific number were counted so it doesn't include the flood, plagues, famine, Sodoma nor Gomorrah.

The ten people killed were Job's family and God gave his permission to this action.
    But Aqua, you are forgetting that those 2.47 million were all evil people, who like Satan chose to disobey God, so their deaths do not count as any sort of evildoing on His part.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    BLARG RELIGION BLAH BLAH TRIBAL SOCIETIES BLAG BLARB TRANSFORMATION OF SPIRIRTUALITY INTO MALE-CENTRIC HIERARCHY BLAH BLAH ARBITRARY BULLSHIT HARDY HAR ONLY THE CLERGY COULD READ THE BIBLE YAR MATEY HAR PEOPLE RELIED ON MAGICAL THINKING FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS EEEK BLEEP FAITH YUM YUMS THE ELDER FATHER FIGURE IS VICTORIOUS AGAINST THE UPSTART SON GOOPTY GOO ONE TIME I SAW A GHOST.
    this needs more "BLARG" to be an accurate depiction of the progression of religious thought

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YOU DISOBEYED GOD EVIL ONE AND SANTA CLAUS SEES YOU WHEN YOU'RE SLEEPING
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If God is omnipotent, then he created Satan with full knowledge of the consequences, and therefore is to blame for both good and evil. He creates people with "free-will" just to see them fall into temptation due to the qualities he gave them and thus go to Hell or otherwise not be allowed into paradise after death.
    Truth there, which is why I often just feel like a little ant playing a role in this thing called life.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The incompleteness of Satan's power is an issue.
    Not untrue; for example, we can clearly see the consequences of Satan's temptation of Eve, but in the end it looks like nothing more than their own foolishness and a kind of psycho-somatic mistrust of each other based on a lie carried on between Satan and God. I mean, it was just a fucking apple, and Eve took the bite willingly, and we already KNOW Adam wasn't any better than Eve to begin with. So they were already fucked; God put them in a game they were never going to keep winning for ever and ever. And God made Satan, so even if Satan is a dick, it's God's fault for being a controlling, paternalistic ass to begin with! If he was perfect he woulda had perfect kids, unless he just wanted to see some drama, in which case he is no better than anyone who watches Jersey Shore. Therefore, GOD IS EITHER JUST AS IMPERFECT AS US, OR AN ASSHOLE WHO IS PLAYING GAMES WITH US
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh hey look Aquagraph already said most of what I said

Surprise

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am getting a bunch of error messages from this site when I click on anything, so I shall retire from this discussion until the system is more stable. I think the double post above me is related to this site issue. I am signing off for now.
    I'm getting these database error messages too!

God is punishing us!

TIM
    me>> Augusta whore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One who defies god ?

Bringer of light.

Depends on whose god anyway.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm getting these database error messages too!

God is punishing us!
    But I havent had any...

OH I GOT IT

I still have left over credit from my first 12 years of piety!

sc0re

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I fidgeted too much in church =/

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me too, me and my SEI sister used to play fight in the front row while my dad preached

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I might have actually replied to this thread with some responses had anyone actually had genuine inquiry and not, let me pretend to pose a question so I can tell you how wrong your answer is. Good try though.
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think of satan more of as someone who defines god. Yes he defies him but the opposition of those two forces is what gives either shape and that is the purpose of either's existence. Labeling one as evil simply allows us to label the other as good, you could switch those labels if you like, but the opposition is more important than the labels even though the opposition is also the source of the labels.

Did I accidentally do a paradox? I didn't read the things I wasn't supposed to do :S
    Easy Day

TIM
    me>> Augusta whore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    YOU DISOBEYED GOD EVIL ONE AND SANTA CLAUS SEES YOU WHEN YOU'RE SLEEPING
    /fap

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

in which case I'd like a lake of fire in the backyard for my christmas present

TIM
    me>> Augusta whore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How i understand it is that that who defies god ( the current order) is the new bringer of light, and first persecuted and harrassed until others adopt his way. That who destroys the current obtained harmony like kain.

Children of kain who force the dynamic current towards static wood boring walls, bringing them down

TIM
    me>> Augusta whore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No harmony is ever mantained forever. The first evils will be the new dawning light

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYikxlJYdeQ

CRUCIFY THE CHRISTFUCKASS

TIM
    me>> Augusta whore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Evil are those who see the bringers of light evil the themselves that part of them is dying.

Light is movement, moisture and heat so that which is most exciting option always wins and that is determined by the context in the frail illusion of time. When people even the slow fuck are wiped away by the faster moving light blocks when they have started getting old

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Satan exists in a negative context, because there had to be something to account for the negative traits in the Human species. That's the merit; it attempts to explain and curb "undesirable" traits in humanity. Someone has to be the bad guy, and this was written by men thousands of years ago. You cant just expect them to be good writers by today's standards.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

OP,that aint no something you can get answered here.like,the magicol world of new age is right there waiting for you (and with it being constantly promoted by oprah oh boy is it part of some nasty agenda) .just google "5d earth","i can see angels am i crazy","illuminati jay z","indigo children satan" or just the thread title.anyway,the thing is that you sound like you are muddling through duality and that is like such an Age-of-Pisces-ish thing to do,duh.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Anyways, I'm on the side of the rebellion. If there's a big cosmic asshole that's sending my people to burn, then let's fuck him up.
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

There's a book called the Universe is a Dream.

In there, the author purported the idea that Oneness is good, and perception is bad/evil.

Oneness is God, "Christ Consciousness", the Holy Spirit. Perception, identity, etc. is evil and satanic.

He also said a few anti-woman things like extreme religious people are ought to do. Meaning that he can't follow what he preaches and teaches because a large part of it is bullshit.

The true Jesus WEPT indeed.

Look, any 'Oneness' has to carry all the little small things (like perception and color) or it isn't true oneness- it is instead hypocritical oneness. It is is Narcissistic Oneness (which ain't oneness at all), since it is impossible for the ego brain to know 'everything' anyway, there's just too much information on so many things and information is created too quickly by everybody anyway. It's a constant hunger that never goes away.

Oneness, the big picture, the eternal presence- includes things that clash or contradict with each other. The Everything also has the nothing, and also includes death. So far, nobody has known to make something older than Time and make it better. That would be a mistake. (Aimee Mann lyrics)

Why would perfect christ/god create things like Satan anyway? Why would he create different things that cause conflict if He did not want them to be there? Why aren't we all just a fuzzy general oneness spirit floating in the sky, why do we have different thoughts and beliefs and different levels of aggression and passiveness and passion. Yet there is still a 'general human empathy core' that we can all feel it when it breaks but yet we still have different levels of sensitivity to all sorts of things. Extreme religious ppl are against Gay people because they don't see god as a rainbow of diverse differences and colorful perception: They see God as a pure vanilla white straight male. They say that's the purest form of God, before the lightning bolt came/original sin came and fucked everything up.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer View Post
    OP,that aint no something you can get answered here.like,the magicol world of new age is right there waiting for you (and with it being constantly promoted by oprah oh boy is it part of some nasty agenda) .just google "5d earth","i can see angels am i crazy","illuminati jay z","indigo children satan" or just the thread title.anyway,the thing is that you sound like you are muddling through duality and that is like such an Age-of-Pisces-ish thing to do,duh.
    I absolutely could not agree any more than i already do.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    me>> Augusta whore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer View Post
    New new new new new new enwwewewnewnenwnage

TIM
    me>> Augusta whore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope your christ comes down for you

TIM
    me>> Augusta whore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no comes down on you, Sucks you dry

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd really love it if you'd edit your post when you feel like you need to add some more of your insights. Makes threads more pleasant to read.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by woofwoofl View Post

Anyways, I'm on the side of the rebellion. If there's a big cosmic asshole that's sending my people to burn, then let's fuck him up.
    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Under cerulean skies...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast