Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is there such thing as a lazy LSE/ESTj?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default Is there such thing as a lazy LSE/ESTj?

Is there such a thing as a lazy LSE?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Creepy-pokeball

Me.

/farts

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I hardly think there is. Especially if you're geared towards "productivity."
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Creepy-pokeball

Come wipe my butt =( I forgot how to Si myself, lol.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan View Post
    Is there such a thing as a stoner LSE?
    Easy Day

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I doubt it. But LSEs can be temporarily lazy on occasion.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    ROFL
    -

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you for answering your own question

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    I doubt it. But LSEs can be temporarily lazy on occasion.
    Like most people. People are rarely lazy by nature. Some just seem sluggish but it's more complicated than that.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Most description of LSE is just relaxing for a few minutes at a time, then bam ready to work.
    -

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most description of LSE is just relaxing for a few minutes at a time, then bam ready to work.
    Is there a reason as to why you make threads asking questions to which you already know the answer?

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude, she is declaring type and we all know what that means. Maritsa knows shit and she doesn't need to ask anyone. And if it looks like she's asking something, it's actually just a kind of test. However, if we're too stupid she helps us by quickly answering the questions herself so we can't miss the right answer. Isn't that awesome?
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I'm just getting hooked on to trivialities. It's not healthy behavior for me because if I had a dual, I would be doing something more productive and not dwelling on things/situations/scenarios which don't produce any further conclusions. So yes, it's more conclusions, or Judgements of Thinker/objective nature that I'm trying to make out of something trivial, probably Te seeking. Probably seeking for more information.

Quote Originally Posted by Pa3s View Post
    Dude, she is declaring type and we all know what that means. Maritsa knows shit and she doesn't need to ask anyone. And if it looks like she's asking something, it's actually just a kind of test. However, if we're too stupid she helps us by quickly answering the questions herself so we can't miss the right answer. Isn't that awesome?
    I'm sure it suits you and your dual pair well to make convenient and ill founded conclusions based on assumptions without really understanding the subject at hand. I'm sure that helps both of you position yourselves in a position of power and authority. You're essentially saying that all I'm trying to do is feed you the answer I want you to have, hence I'm in the game for some power struggle and that you realize how to position yourself to counter this power that I'm trying to position against.

Shame.
    -

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sure it suits you and your dual pair well to make convenient and ill founded conclusions based on assumptions without really understanding the subject at hand.
    Oh, you mean the thing you do 24/7?

I'm sure that helps both of you position yourselves in a position of power and authority.
    Totally, me and my dual pals are the kings of this discussion.

You're essentially saying that all I'm trying to do is feed you the answer I want you to have, hence I'm in the game for some power struggle and that you realize how to position yourself to counter this power that I'm trying to position against.
    No, I don't think that you try to force this opinion on us. I believe you don't care at all what we think (and that's why you also didn't need out input to find an answer to the question).

However, what I think is: You're making up shit about my intentions/motivations and use it to promote your typing of ILI for me.
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm just getting hooked on to trivialities. It's not healthy behavior for me because if I had a dual, I would be doing something more productive and not dwelling on things/situations/scenarios which don't produce any further conclusions. So yes, it's more conclusions, or Judgements of Thinker/objective nature that I'm trying to make out of something trivial, probably Te seeking. Probably seeking for more information.

OK so now that you have recognized and identified the problem in yourself, why dont you try improving on that aspect of yourself instead of using socionics to make excuses for your weaknesses and relegating yourself to that stupid behavior because socionics might seem to "say" you're supposed to "be" that way. Recognizing ones weaknesses is the first step to changing that about yourself and there is no reason a human being cant perfect themselves, no matter what type they are.. I wouldn't count on waiting around for a dual to help fix all of your problems.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

However, what I think is: You're making up shit about my intentions/motivations and use it to promote your typing of ILI for me.

I noticed her doing that with me too.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Oh, you mean the thing you do 24/7?
    Is that a question or a statement?

Totally, me and my dual pals are the kings of this discussion.
    Glad to hear. I'm sure that can only be a positive thing.

No, I don't think that you try to force this opinion on us.
    You just said I did in the above.

I believe you don't care at all what we think (and that's why you also didn't need out input to find an answer to the question).
    ah, now you're changing your story, having sensed some disapproval against you and now you have to add another story to make your story look legitimate. "It's not what I said, or what I meant but it's really this other thing."

Really, that's very immature. Just stick to ONE story, or is it that your type and your dual's type is incapable of sticking to one story (perhaps I should open up another thread to explore this angle some more - or is it another triviality?)

In short, it's called trumping people around. A behavior which I find less than appealing, certainly very cruel.

I did not invite you to respond to my thread and you didn't need an invitation, but having sense poor relations and inability to bring people closer, to form better relations with them, you could have done the better thing (who's to say what I say is better or worse?-another topic of exploration), and stayed away from me. "If you can't contribute something nice don't at all," but assuming some social etiquet holds, true, which I doubt it does in this or YOUR case.

It's obvious from the way you speak with me that I couldn't possibly ever value you as a quadra member.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    OK so now that you have recognized and identified the problem in yourself, why dont you try improving on that aspect of yourself instead of using socionics to make excuses for your weaknesses and relegating yourself to that stupid behavior because socionics might seem to "say" you're supposed to "be" that way. Recognizing ones weaknesses is the first step to changing that about yourself and there is no reason a human being cant perfect themselves, no matter what type they are.. I wouldn't count on waiting around for a dual to help fix all of your problems.
    You need to go swimming. It will help you refresh yourself.
    -

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I noticed her doing that with me too.
    She does it all the time.

Is that a question or a statement?
    It is an rhetorical question to make you aware of the irony of your statement.

You just said I did in the above.
    No, I did not. If you're referring to my first post in this thread you might realize that I was being ironic as well on second thought.

ah, now you're changing your story, having sensed some disapproval against you and now you have to add another story to make your story look legitimate. "It's not what I said, or what I meant but it's really this other thing."

Really, that's very immature. Just stick to ONE story, or is it that your type and your dual's type is incapable of sticking to one story (perhaps I should open up another thread to explore this angle some more - or is it another triviality?)
    As I said, I didn't change my "story", I'm just not agreeing with your interpretation of my behavior. You just think that you have understood what I said.

It's obvious from the way you speak with me that I couldn't possibly ever value you as a quadra member.
    The same applies to me, but hell, you can't pick 'em, right?
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You need to go swimming. It will help you refresh yourself.
    so, i'm supposed to be taking advice from a self-admitted psychologically unhealthy person?

Creepy-Snaps

I know an LSE who was 'lazy' up until the age of 25. He took 6 years to graduate college with a 2-year degree, admitted he spent most of his time tailgating and partying.

But then a radical change occurred. He had an opportunity to start his own business, and then pursued that with every fiber in his body, every minute of his waking day doing something productive. After 4 years of insanely hard work, each week 80+ hours at the minimum, he was able to develop a 6-figure income for his family. He is now 33 and lives happily with his wife at home with their brand new baby girl.

His motto regarding laziness: "There are no lazy people, only uninspired people."

So, to answer the question, I think an LSE, just like anyone can be unproductive at times, but no, I would not say there is such thing as a "lazy LSE", or anyone for that matter.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Snaps View Post
    I know an LSE who was 'lazy' up until the age of 25. He took 6 years to graduate college with a 2-year degree, admitted he spent most of his time tailgating and partying.

But then a radical change occurred. He had an opportunity to start his own business, and then pursued that with every fiber in his body, every minute of his waking day doing something productive. After 4 years of insanely hard work, each week 80+ hours at the minimum, he was able to develop a 6-figure income for his family. He is now 33 and lives happily with his wife at home with their brand new baby girl.

His motto regarding laziness: "There are no lazy people, only uninspired people."
    I strongly believe this as well. Motivation is key.

IQ is actually a measure of motivation.

That is a very inspiring story btw... thanks for sharing it!

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IQ is actually a measure of motivation.
    I disagree with that. I have a relatively decent IQ (though I can't claim to have taken any official tests), and I am capable of high grades; yet I am lazy as hell.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

IQ is actually a measure of motivation
    eh?

TIM
    6 sp
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    I disagree with that. I have a relatively decent IQ (though I can't claim to have taken any official tests), and I am capable of high grades; yet I am lazy as hell.
    You need inspiration. I mean, do you have a goal in life as of right now?

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    eh?
    Bingo. IQ is not motivation, IQ is not the beer I'm drinking now nor is it the creature that doesn't know its own boundaries, for it knows who and what it is. IQ measures and always has been measuring one single component of intelligence, nothing less, nothing more. One can be completely retarded even with IQ of 200.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Al Bundy

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

She does it all the time.

It is an rhetorical question to make you aware of the irony of your statement.

No, I did not. If you're referring to my first post in this thread you might realize that I was being ironic as well on second thought.

As I said, I didn't change my "story", I'm just not agreeing with your interpretation of my behavior. You just think that you have understood what I said.

The same applies to me, but hell, you can't pick 'em, right?
    Now let's try an exercise; look back at your posts in this thread, are they criticisms?
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

so, i'm supposed to be taking advice from a self-admitted psychologically unhealthy person?
    You are unhealthy too and thus you've admitted several times, especially at you lamenting that you can't get men and I wonder why that is!

Anyway yes, take my advice.
    -

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm just getting hooked on to trivialities. It's not healthy behavior for me because if I had a dual, I would be doing something more productive and not dwelling on things/situations/scenarios which don't produce any further conclusions.
    Wait didn't you have that some Matt R Lohr or what's-his-name?
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are unhealthy too and thus you've admitted several times, especially at you lamenting that you can't get men and I wonder why that is!

Anyway yes, take my advice.
    Are you freaking kidding me? i've never lamented about not being able to "get men"! OMG speak for yourself...

I'm perfectly happy being single... just looking for my soul mate and being very picky about it!

I may be somewhat unhealthy but I dont relegate myself to that state and i am continually working on improving myself.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Bingo. IQ is not motivation, IQ is not the beer I'm drinking now nor is it the creature that doesn't know its own boundaries, for it knows who and what it is. IQ measures and always has been measuring one single component of intelligence, nothing less, nothing more. One can be completely retarded even with IQ of 200.
    I swear, i read somewhere that IQ is a measure of motivation, and can fluctuate on a daily, minute-to-minute, or even situational basis.

EDIT: here's one link... there are others:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0427171638.htm

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon;886790[B
    ]I swear, i read somewhere that IQ is a measure of motivation[/B], and can fluctuate on a daily, minute-to-minute, or even situational basis.
    The Wikipedia article on IQ didn't mention anything about this. It was very thorough and with over hundred references.

And almost everything varies on a situational basis.
    Drink a bottle of whiskey, stay awake for 48 hours and then do the test while receiving fellatio and your score is very likely altered.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    The Wikipedia article on IQ didn't mention anything about this. It was very thorough and with over hundred references.

And almost everything varies on a situational basis.
    Drink a bottle of whiskey, stay awake for 48 hours and then do the test while receiving fellatio and your score is very likely altered.
    Yeah believe everything you read in wikipedia... that's a gold-standard comprehensive source right there...

Looks like the author of the wikipedia article forgot to include these recent findings that came out of NIMH-supported research at the University of Pennsylvania... but feel free to limit your knowledge to what's in wikipedia...

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah believe everything you read in wikipedia... that's a gold-standard comprehensive source right there...

Looks like the author of the wikipedia article forgot to include these recent findings that came out of NIMH-supported research at the University of Pennsylvania... but feel free to limit your knowledge to what's in wikipedia...
    This is cute coming from a person who claimed that the "IQ is the measure of motivation" sourcing it to a thing she swore she read somewhere.

Do you express doubt towards any sources Wikipedia referred to when describing the definition of IQ?
    If not, why is the article under such suspicion (whereas your "source" is not)?

And since you said "author", I'm beginning to doubt that you know how Wikipedia works.
    Last edited by Aquagraph; 07-03-2012 at 05:12 AM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You like to argue that not everyone is right, don't you? Does that help to support YOUR position in any way? Makes you wonder.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Are you freaking kidding me? i've never lamented about not being able to "get men"! OMG speak for yourself...

I'm perfectly happy being single... just looking for my soul mate and being very picky about it!

I may be somewhat unhealthy but I dont relegate myself to that state and i am continually working on improving myself.

Work harder. I will put you on ignore forever. I'm tired of you not responding to OP. You're so unhealthy that you constantly pick apart other people's arguments for topics completely unrelated to OP.

You know what, I'll just do that right now.
    -

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Work harder. I will put you on ignore forever. I'm tired of you not responding to OP. You're so unhealthy that you constantly pick apart other people's arguments for topics completely unrelated to OP.

You know what, I'll just do that right now.

Hallelujah, praise the Lord!!

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You like to argue that not everyone is right, don't you? Does that help to support YOUR position in any way? Makes you wonder.

I know you have me on ignore now but let me ask you this... do YOU believe everything you read in wikipedia? Do you view it as a 100% credible comprehensive source of information? If so, you guys are deluded... anyone can contribute to a wiki, and write whatever they want.

As for responding to OPs... hey i just go where the conversation leads me... You are one to talk--you're guilty of it more than i am..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast