0 0%

Thread: Matthew Frederick Robert Good

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Matthew Frederick Robert Good

Matthew Good: Beta NF

"I miss my head, I miss my heart, I miss my lungs / Be what you want to be / Watch what you want to see/Killed for fun / Down a hole, up a rope / Down some pills, up some hope / This karma machine only takes quarters / New age soldier, new age soldier / Everybody's all right / Everything is automatic . . . . Say 'hey,' say 'hey,' say 'how ya doin'?'/I miss my lazy boy/I miss my TV/I miss myself/Do you miss your lazy boy?/You miss your TV?/Do you miss yourself? . . . . Killed for fun / It's fucking funny, don't you think? / One day you decompose / And you wake up [in the Jehovah’s Witness new world] and those/Those birds are singing . . . It's always what I wanted . . . .”

"I'm tired of blood/And over-priced bubble gum, mom / Nobody wake up / There's nothing we could have done wrong . . . . Well I have a psychic, and she says I'm lonely / She says my destiny is turning out all wrong / Now I just sit here and think of meaningful things to say / Symbolistic white walls surround me and you / Every single day I am cheap and see-through . . . . Well I have a psychic, and she says I'm lonely / She says inside of me is turning out all wrong / So now I just sit here and think of meaningless things to say . . . . Symbolistic white walls surround me and you / Every single day we are cheap and see-through . . . . And it's all right now / Take the world and make it yours again . . . ."

http://songmeanings.com/songs/view/53204/

- lornesd: 'This song could be about the trials of life that surround everyone. Problems with the world in general. "i'm tired of blood" could refer to war, "overpriced bubble gum" could refer to the capitalistic nature of the north american society. We tend to go through life with a "grin" on our face ignoring all the troubles of society that surrounds us. We also tend to "believe everything we read" or see in the news, when alot of the time it is propoganda brainwashing us into thinking a certain way. On top of that there are the personal problems that affect an individual, like the lonelyness matt speaks of in the song..... all this can eventually lead to a slight form of mental insanity and anguish. These troubles that surround us are the symbolistic white walls of the insane world/asylum we live in. The nice part about the song is that in the end we can come out of the temporary insanity, figure out whats going on, and "take the world and make it ours again".'

“ . . . . Here by my side you are destruction / Here by my side—a new colour to paint the world / Never turn your back on it / Never turn your back on it again / Here by my side it's heaven // Careful, you be careful . . . This is where the world drops off . . . . And you breathe in, and you breath out for it / Ain't it so weird how it makes you a weapon? / And you give in and you give out for it / Ain't it so weird how it makes you a weapon? / Never turn your back on it / Never turn your back on it again . . . Here by my side, it's Heaven”

http://songmeanings.com/songs/view/3530822107858490530/

- redoctober: ‘I think that Matt doesn't just mean we can be a weapon. You can see it especially in lines such as "Here by my side a new colour to paint the world"or "here by my side an angel". We can be anything we want to be. We have the power to change things. We have the power to make a difference. We have the power to paint the world a new colour. Matt is a very outspoken activist and I think he isn't just talking about our potential to be weapons but also about our potential to make a difference and change the world. Also, I think the lines "never turn your back on it" and "Be careful, be careful" are in reference to the danger of NOT doing anything. If you turn your back on the world then human rights violations will simply keep occurring and if we're not careful then, eventually, we will lose everything.

I think that we are not the true "weapon". Instead, it is our indifference to the suffering of others that is the true weapon

"You breathe in and you breathe out
    For it ain't so weird
    How it makes you a weapon"

Here I believe Matt is saying that if you sit idly by, simply breathing in and breathing out you become a weapon not by doing something bad, but by doing something much, much worse; you become a weapon by doing nothing.’

- braille16: ‘To me, this song is about love. Plain and simple. Love is confusing and contradictory and way too intoxicating, and you should never turn your back on it or anyone who is in it. Love is the ultimate motivation for everything we do (we breathe in and out for it, we give in and out for it), and we would do anything in the name of it - kill, maim, betray, abandon. It makes us a weapon.

And Matthew's only advice is: "Be careful. You be careful."’

- redcoral: ‘Matt said that he wrote this about how we all can become a weapon. When we hear someone doing something abominable, we always think that we could never do that. So he's saying "never turn your back" on the possibility that we are all capable of evil.’

“Ain't got a job, but the future's bright / Flip off the world / You know they say it's all right / You never get what you want . . . And modern love you just can't stand / That candy coating is just a scam / You never get what you want . . . Oh yeah, all right / North American for life . . . Yeah, motherfucker, we're number one . . . . And we'll take what we wanna . . . . The price of freedom is getting steep / For every one we kill three/Just to take what we wanna . . . . Oh yeah, we’re all right / North American for life . . . .”

http://www.straight.com/article/matu...-guy-after-all

http://www.989thedrive.com/thedrive/?p=4441

http://www.antimusic.com/news/2002/jan/item14.shtml
    Last edited by HERO; 07-05-2014 at 08:05 AM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Matthew Good: EIE-Ni (Harmonizing subtype) [EIE-ILI?] (to me he seems like a Negativist and/or Rational type; I think EIE-Ni is the most likely sociotype in my opinion)

“Good morning, don't cop out / You crawled from the cancer to land on your feet / Are you crazy to want this even for a while? / We're making this shit up / The reasons for being are easy to pay / You can't remember the others / They just kind of went away . . . . The strange days have come and you're gone . . . You’re dead or dying / You’re dead or trying to go / It's evening, you're tired / You sleep walk—a robot out to the street / You’re crazy to want this even for a while . . . .”

“Say ‘hello’ / Remain close to me / No good-bye suicide mystery / The rat in your brain turns a wheel/Connected to your guts, and all your faults are in me / And all your faults in me / What would you say if we lived on TV? / Besides all the things they told you to / And all the things they told you to . . . . We're stuck inside our own machine / Apparitions . . . Say ‘hello’ / Well is it strange? / Where you are / Where you used to be kind of free / Are they laughing at you? . . . The rat in your brain rules the world/From the comfort of your living room/Tell me are we leaving soon? . . . . We're stuck inside our own machine / Apparitions . . .”

Mike Ross: ‘This unlikely rock star looks like an accountant, dresses like a random dude at the bar and sings . . . with a trademark nervous vibrato unnaturally fast, which you’d think would grate on the nerves after about three songs, but strangely, it doesn’t. [Matthew] Good emotes very well without getting too overwrought, and can also really belt it out where needed. His music is well put together, dramatic, catchy. His lyrics are smart, filled with deep thoughts, social commentary.’

Elizabeth Withey: “The concert opened with Garden of Knives, a track from the new album, with [Matthew] Good immediately pulling us into him, into that dark, fiery vibe, that signature sound. There’s something so Canadian, so I’m-finally-home about Good’s voice, thick and rallying and trembly, you can’t help but be sucked in, ears and voice and gut, even when he’s standing still at the mike but for one wiggly knee.”

- Interviews:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayAUCy21NxY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XV8bgm9ouuc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cli4OrE73zc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md6-AtbM0wg

Matthew Good.png
    Last edited by HERO; 06-29-2014 at 11:39 PM.

TIM
    ESFj E6 W9 TRI 420
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i get this weird feeling in the second vid everything about him reminds me of Robert Downey J.R the realization happened at around the 19 min mark also 20:30 to around 23:13 is good (when he talks about the juno awards)
    but about his type im not sure, i think he has lots of Te and/or maybe Ne Ti LSE LIE ILE, you know