Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Color the IEs?

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,967
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Color the IEs?

    If the IE shapes were colored something other than monotone, what colors would you use?

  2. #2
    ■■■■■■ Radio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,574
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Te Ti Fe Fi Se Si Ne Ni

    >synesthesia all up in this bitch :0

  3. #3
    Perpetual Confusion Machine PistolShrimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Red Sox and Celtics and Bruins, oh my!
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    504
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ni Ne Ti Te Fi Fe Si Se

  4. #4

  5. #5
    Robot Assassin Pa3s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Germany
    TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Posts
    3,648
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,967
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Te Ti Fe Fi Se Si Ne Ni

    >synesthesia all up in this bitch :0
    Synesthesia?

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hahah, is there a reason IEs presented by each and every one differ in colour?

  8. #8
    ■■■■■■ Radio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,574
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    Synesthesia?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphem...or_synesthesia

  9. #9
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,627
    Mentioned
    634 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Hahah, is there a reason IEs presented by each and every one differ in colour?
    yes.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    yes.
    What's the reason?

  11. #11
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,627
    Mentioned
    634 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    What's the reason?
    subjectivity. IEs don't actually have colors.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,967
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    They could if we gave them color. As it is, they are hard to understand an unappealing. If they had color, more people would be interested in trying to understand them.

  13. #13
    ILE - ENTp 1981slater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Spain
    TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Posts
    4,866
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    EXTROVERTED LOGIC
    EXTROVERTED FEELING
    EXTROVERTED SENSING
    EXTROVERTED INTUITION
    INTROVERTED FEELING
    INTROVERTED LOGIC
    INTROVERTED INTUITION
    INTROVERTED SENSING
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

    To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

  14. #14
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,627
    Mentioned
    634 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    They could if we gave them color. As it is, they are hard to understand an unappealing. If they had color, more people would be interested in trying to understand them.
    lol, i hit like instead of reply, derp.

    i disagree, i think the black&white scheme makes them easy to remember and making them all different colors would just be confusing. and i don't think whether they are associated with colors or not really has anything to with their appeal. also i can just see the ridiculous arguments coming out of this idea. i don't want Fi to be pink! lol.

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    subjectivity. IEs don't actually have colors.
    Oh I see. The reason is subjectivity, well said.

    Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    They could if we gave them color. As it is, they are hard to understand an unappealing. If they had color, more people would be interested in trying to understand them.
    IEs already have symbols so one can refer to them without them remaining in the realm of thought. Like the crucifix being a symbol of Christianity, for instance. You're going to have to explain to all of future socionics people what these colours represent, which means, not only you're going to have explain to them what Si or Fe means, you're going to double confusion amongst them resulting from the use of colours. As you can see, there's not many people who actually agree on, say, single one colour for an IE.

    Anyhow, you can always write how Ti is the epitome of productivity and efficiency when it comes to assigning colours to IEs, thus expanding the theoretical framework called Model A even further with some gibberish.

  16. #16
    Killer of DJA's Fun fen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Posts
    1,148
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ne
    Ni
    Se
    Si
    Te
    Ti
    Fe
    Fi
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.


  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,967
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I would have assigned yellow to Te, because that's the color of gold. Business revolves around gold, of course.

  18. #18
    the flying pig Capitalist Pig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    5,936
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    No colors. Shades of grey.

  19. #19
    EffyCold The Ineffable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Wallachia
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    2,195
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Te Ti Fe Fi Ne Ni Se Si

    Ti and Fi either black or blue, perhaps black is closer. Te either yellow as shown, or white. Something like this, I don't have it clear in my mind, but certainly Introverted would no be in the red-yellow-white range, neither Extroverted blue/green/black.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.
     

    The16types.info Scientific Model

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •