Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crossing the Street with Different Types

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Crossing the Street with Different Types

I'm pretty challenged when it comes to crossing the street, and where I am right now, there are lots of tricky streets to cross. Depending on who I'm with at the time, the smoothness of the experience varies. Feel free to add your own, and fill in the ones I've left blank (if you're IEI)..

Alpha

ILE: No idea what's going on with this one. Body language gives me mixed signals on when to go; false starts are common. More often than not they will forget I'm there, dart lopsidedly across, then grin at me from the other side.

SEI: Takes my hand until I'm deposited safely at the other end. Does this more to relieve extra worry on their part than out of excess concern for my safety.

LII: Useless and annoying, I have to do all the work. If we attempt an independent crossing, awkwardness ensues on the other side - they will unnecessarily explain something, I'm not sure what.

ESE: Annoying. Will try to guide me, but doesn't see the huge truck approaching.

Beta

SLE: Firm clasp under upper shoulder. Am across the street before I know what happened.

IEI: No experience.

LSI: Similar to SLE but without the firm clasp. Verbal instead.

EIE: Either they have to take the lead or I do, or else we're never getting across.

Gamma

ILI: No experience.

SEE: No experience.

LIE: Annoying. Will try to give me directions but not anything helpful; if there are false starts will say something critical. Even though it really doesn't need to be discussed at all.

ESI: No experience. (Damn, I barely know any gammas...)

Delta

SLI: Up in the air. I would trust them to take me across if they wanted to (SLI best friend from college always delivered), but most dgaf.

IEE: As clueless as me. We figure it out together, one step at a time.

LSE: No experience.

EII: No experience.
    Last edited by cherrysidecar; 06-26-2012 at 05:21 AM.
    IEI 4w5

Do I still cross your mind?
    Your face still distorts the time

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cherrysidecar View Post

ILE: No idea what's going on with this one. Body language gives me mixed signals on when to go; false starts are common. More often than not they will forget I'm there, dart lopsidedly across, then grin at me from the other side.
    ahahahahhahaha
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

wow, i was under the impression that crossing the street was pretty much the same for everyone.

so, um, ESI: just starts walking when appropriate, expects me to do the same?

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Is there a reason you self-type IEI and put "no experience" crossing the road with an IEI but you put "As clueless as me. We figure it out together, one step at a time" when it comes to an EIE that actually should read IEE?

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, how can you be challenged about crossing the street?

Ftr, I find my ESI duals (females - males are okay from this POV) veery annoying when street-crossing. They insist on the light being green and when there's no light, they panick or act grossed out and almost scared. I mean, cars are cars - THEY CAN STOP!
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Is there a reason you self-type IEI and put "no experience" crossing the road with an IEI but you put "As clueless as me. We figure it out together, one step at a time" when it comes to an EIE that actually should read IEE?
    Well I've never crossed the street with another IEI; in fact I don't know IEIs irf. And my bad, that should be IEE nice but typical catch.
    IEI 4w5

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Sorry, how can you be challenged about crossing the street?
    Are you kidding me, I need all my wits about me and focus really hard to do it.

EDIT

In India it's a life and death situation, esp big intersections. But you gotta do it.
    Last edited by cherrysidecar; 06-25-2012 at 07:42 PM.
    IEI 4w5

TIM
    6 sp
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ftr, I find my ESI duals (females - males are okay from this POV) veery annoying when street-crossing. They insist on the light being green and when there's no light, they panick or act grossed out and almost scared. I mean, cars are cars - THEY CAN STOP!
    They can, but will they?

I liked it when I was in NYC and I could just walk at any given time, didn't have to wait for the light to give me the go. I can do that occasionally here, but I'm more likely to get a ticket here if I'm caught. People just don't give a damn in NYC; I liked that. I'm too impatient to wait on a changing light, lol. If there are no cars, just let me goooo.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

lol, i "liked" the post before this was added.

the light doesn't need to be green, especially if i'm downtown or in a place where none of the pedestrians ever pay attention to streetlights anyway. but i don't just run out into the middle of traffic, either.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They get grossed out bc you are about to break a rule
    IEI 4w5

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Personally, I get a kick out of walking very slowly across crosswalks. It's like saying, "Ha-hah, big vehicle things, who has control now?"

Delta
    EIE: As clueless as me. We figure it out together, one step at a time.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    6 sp
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Personally, I get a kick out of walking very slowly across crosswalks. It's like saying, "Ha-hah, big vehicle things, who has control now?"
    I do that, too. But when you're the one behind the wheel and somebody is doing that to you... almost makes you want to just hit them with the car, lol.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i walk briskly but its one of my biggest pet peeves when i'm perfectly within bounds to cross the street and there's some impatient asshole who drives up to the middle of the intersection and revs their engine and i'll slow down when that happens because those people suck. i swear it happens almost every day at the same intersection on the way home from work. i'm not going to burst into a sprint just so you don't have to wait another five seconds, douchebag.

i am pretty dangerous when street-crossing.when i walk alone(=very fast) ,i cross it even when the light goes red for pedestrians but it's still red for the cars.a couple of times it went green for the cars faster than i had calculated and some driver raised a finger on me.i raarrrely calculate it incorrectly,though. i was probably in a bigger hurry than usual.actually,it is kind of a shock to see pedestrians properly waiting on empty streets.i think of it as kind of dorky and needlessly obedient .i just want to reach my destination without having to breath every single fume possible.however when i see kids waiting, i usually wait in order to be a good example.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well I've never crossed the street with another IEI; in fact I don't know IEIs irf. And my bad, that should be IEE nice but typical catch.
    Allow me to make it easier for you to read, then. You self-type IEI, you assume other IEIs are different from you but you still make the black and white distinction between all of those types you have experience with at the same time comparing yourself to what seems IEE but reads EIE.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer View Post
    ,it is kind of a shock to see pedestrians properly waiting on empty streets.i think of it as kind of dorky and needlessly obedient .i just want to reach my destination without having to breath every single fume possible.however when i see kids waiting, i usually wait in order to be a good example.
    lol sometimes when i'm not in a hurry and a huge crowd crosses during a red light i hang back and wait for it to turn green because i feel kind of stupidly rebellious about it. i'm in rebellion against your rebellion! not a part of the herd! huzzah! adf;jdsfaj this is the kind of stupid shit that i actually pay attention to in life, good lord.

meeh it's not a rebellion.at least,i do not think of it as one at that specific moment.i just wanna cross the damn street.now,i don't want to get drivers angry either.no sudden car freezings because of me or anything.it's just that if i find it safe for everyone,i'll RUN.it's not exactly the greatest plight anyway.maybe animals try to do that too but they cannot fathom 3D on a larger scale and this is why you see so many of them killed on the streets.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer View Post
    maybe animals try to do that too but they cannot fathom 3D on a larger scale and this is why you see so many of them killed on the streets.
    ahahahaha omg

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jesus, people are neurotic about this cross-streety thingy. I guess that's one of the main reasons why taxis exist.

If there are no cars or trams around and it's not rush hour, you cross. Otherwise, you wait until it's green. GEEZ.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Cognitive Styles revisited.

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Jesus, people are neurotic about this cross-streety thingy. I guess that's one of the main reasons why taxis exist.

If there are no cars or trams around and it's not rush hour, you cross. Otherwise, you wait until it's green. GEEZ.
    No shit.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Once I see a clearing that's large enough for me to make it through, I fucking run like hell! If someone's with me, I'll yell "alright, MOVE MOVE MOVE" or something similar and we'll both bolt
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

Perpetual Confusion Machine PistolShrimp's Avatar
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My college campus was a major four-lane road in the heart of Boston with two train tracks (inbound/outbound) bisecting the road lengthwise. Getting to class was like playing Live Action Frogger...I never died, so I think I did pretty well. Now I'm a grizzled veteran.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI: Up in the air. I would trust them to take me across if they wanted to (SLI best friend from college always delivered), but most dgaf.
    SLI: Look left, right, left. Walk when clear. Are you 4 years old? Stop complicating mundane shit in a pathetic, transparent attempt to make your life more interesting.
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    lol sometimes when i'm not in a hurry and a huge crowd crosses during a red light i hang back and wait for it to turn green because i feel kind of stupidly rebellious about it. i'm in rebellion against your rebellion! not a part of the herd! huzzah! adf;jdsfaj this is the kind of stupid shit that i actually pay attention to in life, good lord.
    LOL NOOOOOO. I did this two days ago. I felt like an idiot after though. because usually i don't wait. I watch the traffic lights more than I watch the pedestrian crossing lights to let me know when it's safe.

I didn't want to go when they went...

But in all seriousness I refuse to dart across a highway with speeds >55, traffic going both ways. fuck that. I'll wait for the light. my friend in high school was hit by a truck by doing that because he tripped.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by force my hand View Post
    SLI: Look left, right, left. Walk when clear. Are you 4 years old? Stop complicating mundane shit in a pathetic, transparent attempt to make your life more interesting.
    Did you completely disregard her post about how dangerous Indian streets can be? Shut the fuck up.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    Did you completely disregard her post about how dangerous Indian streets can be? Shut the fuck up.
    I don't always overreact...

...but when I do, it's to jokes.
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

"Cool Mafia Godfather" ~SLE Leader's Avatar
    TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pffft...Wut.

SLE: If SLE is focused and pressed for time and you can't keep up, SLE will have already crossed the street without you. Otherwise, SLE will be there right with you every step of the way, safely navigating you across..unless you're slow and indecisive.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow SLIs on this forum are ridiculous. Take a fucking benzo, or get laid please.
    IEI 4w5

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Allow me to make it easier for you to read, then. You self-type IEI, you assume other IEIs are different from you but you still make the black and white distinction between all of those types you have experience with at the same time comparing yourself to what seems IEE but reads EIE.
    I have no idea what point you're trying to make.
    IEI 4w5

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by force my hand View Post
    I don't always overreact...

...but when I do, it's to jokes.
    dislike.
    IEI 4w5

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

EII: No experience.
    Looks at you and keeps a careful eye on approaching traffic to make sure you're going to make it through ok and when you're done crossing the street, quietly walks on.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    But in all seriousness I refuse to dart across a highway with speeds >55, traffic going both ways. fuck that. I'll wait for the light. my friend in high school was hit by a truck by doing that because he tripped.
    Omg. That's terrible did he survive?

Did you completely disregard her post about how dangerous Indian streets can be?
    People seem to think I'll get hit by a truck too, bc I'm not from this country, so everyone feels the need to help me cross but some are less effective. It's interesting to note how safe/secure I feel with different people, it's like type theory in a microcosm.
    IEI 4w5

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't notice anything at all and often just start walking, seemingly confidently (but really just oblivious.)

Many times in my life other people have stopped me from being just...hit by a car, or something.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dislike.
    Likewise.

Not only is this thread populated by those with extremely thin skins, replete with the inability to banter, the whole premise of the OP is absurd.
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow SLIs on this forum are ridiculous. Take a fucking benzo, or get laid please.
    I'd make the same banally-charged generalization about IEIs were it not for the several on this forum who are fantastic posters.
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

I expected this thread to be a play on the chicken joke.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I have no idea what point you're trying to make.
    This is the reason I don't mix with Ni/Se people at all. As for crossing the street, I just cross it, you know, less talk about crossing the street and more action.

Driving can be more tricky when a damn wasp flies into your helmet and stings you in the cheek.
    Last edited by Absurd; 06-26-2012 at 08:50 AM.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by octo View Post
    Fuck you!

I like crossing the road with another person a few metres away between me and the oncoming cars... that way, if a car does come recklessly speeding around the corner, they'll get hit first and the car will more than likely miss me. I sometimes wait for the guy walking in front of me to start crossing before I start to cross, just for the extra security of a human shield.

So... yeah, some of us are neurotic about street-crossing.

When I cross with my sister (SEI), one of us will invariably ask the other, "uhhhh..... should we cross now?" Then we'll both kind of make false starts into traffic, then eventually we'll cross halfway, then a car will come along and we'll run to the other side in a panic, and of course the car misses us... by thirty seconds.
    It's settled then, IxFx types are retarded at steet crossing...new Reinin dichotomy!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast