Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ESTj Appreciation Thread

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ESTj Appreciation Thread

That's right. This is a brag thread. Talk about all the things you enjoy/admire/like/respect about ESTjs here. Anecdotes are welcome, as well as what you admire/enjoy/like/respect about the type in general. Ready? Set. GO!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESTj's fuck me off. Normally because they are actually way too capable i think.

The ESTj i know is studying medicine. He got through uni with a scholarship so actually got paid to do it. Hes very good with people, very confident, always busy never lazing around. He is interesting to talk to and knows something about basically every topic. Rarely complains or gets upset.

Other one i know runs a business with like 20 people. Hes incredibly driven and intelligent. Final one i know is a network engineer working for the bank. Again amazed me with how good he was at his job (i used to work with him). Hes always going down to the river on jet-ski's and stuff.

So yeah they fuck me off. Because they make me feel a little inferior sometimes
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very caring towards the family, readily supportive of those under his jurisdiction. Solid, but considerate.

The LSE + EII couple I have seen is basically what every American family wants to be like, in terms of how their house runs and what they have.

Another one, a bio+chem double major, extremely intelligent, good with people, pleasant, always busy.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESTjs can easily be under-appreciated. They are very consistent and usually have a remarkable work ethic. The energy they apply to work is also amazing. My impression of them is that they are men and women of circumstance. [By the way, I want to clear something up about the whole "they hit their spouses, etc." Domestic violence is not type related, since it has been shown that it is passed along from parents to children, and is then emulated by the children when they grow up, and so on, until someone decides to break the chain.]

The two things that come up that I really like about them are:

- They are dependable
    - Trustworthy

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is this about ESTjs and domestic abuse? Where does this come from? Is it some sort of socionics lore or something?
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will brag a little about ESTjs. The most senior manager where I work is one. He is very hardworking and he is also great at organising people to work. The way he organises is based on tradition just a little...like the males get the more difficult assignments and it has been suspected that the better looking a person is the more lenient he is. Strangely no ones seems very bothered by this arrangement because generally he just makes everything so comfortable and convenient for everyone except the very lazy. He never really asks for more than he gives himself and he gives one credit when it is due. He also dresses well and smells really nice all the time.
    Socionics: XNFx
    MBTI: INFJ

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESTj are quite nice people if you understand their compulsion for perfectness. They don't and that's why they seem to uptight and demanding. They think it's natural for anybody to have such unrealistic expectations.

I just spoke with one yesterday, he works with his brother (ESFp) in a mechanical shop. I got the impression that he's a really decent person. We were making a deal and when I complained that he was pushing the deal too far from my side, he moderated himself and offered me a settlement that was more convenient for both of us. Amazingly far from the seemingly never ending ambition of the Se dominants that seem to be the norm in the field.

Even if he gets mad at his people for making mistakes, he's genuinely concerned about their safety, which is something remarkable in a supposedly face-less capitalist world.

As a side note, I would like to point out how socionics can be remarkably accurate. I went with my INTj father and the ESFp brother immediately complained about my father being "too difficult to deal with". I would need to mention that they didn't even talk to each other and it seemed like a substance flowing through the room. Scary.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSE's have an high sense of efficiency. They are quite sweet and friendly, and are usually not "pushy" or "hostile" or "egocentric" like LIE's. They have a sense of quality, and are down-to-earth while not being narrow-minded. They understand people easily.

Nothing like the retarded ESTJ myersian caricature.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only people who can brag about LSEs are LSEs; that's what bragging is. If that were the case, aut0 would be the only one who had any posts here.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don't brag about your friends and how damn awesome they are?
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know three LSEs: my mother, one of my uncles, and one of my friend's girlfriend. My mother is incredibly thoughtful regarding everyone else's welfare and a phenomenal cook. Starting as a clerk at the EPA, she's climbed the ladder all the way up to being the head grants administrator in the Region 7 area. Even from her own description, she's something of a taskmaster with her workers, though frequently she will ask me for advice as to how to deal with particularly sticky personal problems she has to resolve. She also has a great sense of humor that, even if it's a little crude at times, is absolutely a treat. If something needs to be done or taken care of as far as the family goes, she is the first person everyone looks to for help.

My uncle (who is not related to my mother, btw) shares a lot of the same qualities but I would say he is a Te subtype as opposed to my Si sub mom. He's very resourceful and goes about the ridiculous amount of work of raising his horses and taking care of his ranch with unceasing gusto. He tends to outwork everyone else, even though he is nearing the 70 year mark.

My friend's gf is one of the most fun people I've met to hang out with. She's very calm and relaxed, yet quick with a smile. She invests a lot of time and effort into the personal relationships she deems important. If a friend is feeling sick (i.e. someone drank too much, etc), she goes out of her way to set them up for the night with all the necessities. Not a fan of the bar scene or meeting up with a whole bunch of people she doesn't know, she has more of an inclination to belong to a tighter, smaller group of friends. While emotionally subdued, the time she felt she was being excluded or not accepted (due to an ill-timed and extremely insensitive comment from an SLE as she was coming back to her apartment) resulted in a huge emotional outpouring of anger and tears. She's a joy to know and hang out with. Also, she has a competitive spirit (and the skills to back it up) when it comes to beer pong.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    The only people who can brag about LSEs are LSEs; that's what bragging is.
    That is obviously not true - why do you even try to stretch some sort of BS remark like that?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well ok. at the moment i appreciate estjs about 1,000,000 percent. I had my car bogged last night. Tried cardboard and wood under tires = no luck. came back today and a nice bloke with a 4w drive offered to help. Anyway i was watching the rope we attached to make sure it didnt break the car. I noticed that the metal hook on the end was slipping. Long story short the hook flies loose and fucken crangs into my hand. Pain. I rang my friend who is a doc. he lives about 20 meters away

He drove my now unbogged car and me to the hospital. Helped me get an xray and speed up the process. Hand has fractures. The female doc was nice and he knew her as she was interning like him. Cute plaster doc too ISTP perhaps. This all on his bloody day off. His Infj girlfriend was nice back at their house. He then drove me home. He made my shittest day perhaps even fun. So now im sittin here typing with one hand other in a sling.

I tell ya the fuck what. You couldn't buy friends like that. I need suggestions for a present for him.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meatburger View Post
    well ok. at the moment i appreciate estjs about 1,000,000 percent. I had my car bogged last night. Tried cardboard and wood under tires = no luck. came back today and a nice bloke with a 4w drive offered to help. Anyway i was watching the rope we attached to make sure it didnt break the car. I noticed that the metal hook on the end was slipping. Long story short the hook flies loose and fucken crangs into my hand. Pain. I rang my friend who is a doc. he lives about 20 meters away

He drove my now unbogged car and me to the hospital. Helped me get an xray and speed up the process. Hand has fractures. The female doc was nice and he knew her as she was interning like him. Cute plaster doc too ISTP perhaps. This all on his bloody day off. His Infj girlfriend was nice back at their house. He then drove me home. He made my shittest day perhaps even fun. So now im sittin here typing with one hand other in a sling.

I tell ya the fuck what. You couldn't buy friends like that. I need suggestions for a present for him.
    You definitely do have a good friend there.

How's your hand feeling today?
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow .....

good thing it was your hand and not your head, man.

: /

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    You definitely do have a good friend there.

How's your hand feeling today?
    You definately have a good dual. I feel a bit sad though as for once im seeing a bit of snitchyness between him and his girlfriend. Interning with its hours etc is pretty stressfiul. She will find it hard not to see him.

Yeah its a bit sore. Pretty annoying trying to tie my laces etc
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As long as it's all in one piece. Could have been an effin catastrophe.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know any ESTjs.
    =/

I'm glad other people had good things to say about them though. =)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think ESTj females are the hottest people in the world.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe the cyborg might be more apt of the Te subtypes (though I think the allusion itself is somewhat disenchanting). As for those of the Si persuasion, I'm afraid it can't really be said to apply.

However, on the issue of their personal magnetism, I fall under the sway.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by corymaxwell View Post
    I think ESTj females are the hottest people in the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    i agree they are hot but i think they are not barbie hot, rather cyborg hot lol
    Agree, and AGREE.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default LSE appreciation thread.

I find LSE's cool. Despite what most n00bs think, they're quite friendly and agreeable. They're usually not super empathetic (unless S+), but they're communicable and sweet.

They're not mean or arrogant, unlike their Beta ST "cousins". I don't really like such misconceptions about LSE's. I think, they're as friendly as LII's.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm having a blast with my LSE S/O. But I have to say he comes off as kinda arrogant; he even admits others find him so.
    Pragmatic but silly, hard-working both at work and in bed ... focused on appearing competent but also willing to tickle-wrestle ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Bukowski
    We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.
    SLI

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iAnnAu View Post
    I'm having a blast with my LSE S/O. But I have to say he comes off as kinda arrogant; he even admits others find him so.
    Pragmatic but silly, hard-working both at work and in bed ... focused on appearing competent but also willing to tickle-wrestle ...
    Oh, so cute! Lucky you! : )
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iAnnAu View Post
    Approved.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have arguments about which one of us kicks more ass ... <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Bukowski
    We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.
    SLI

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I'd like to take this opportunity to appreciate how great I am. I could list a lot of reasons, but I'll be a little modest.

Mmm

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    Mmm
    Are you basking in your own coolness?
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elro View Post
    Are you basking in your own coolness?
    No one could be as cool as someone from Tennessee, whose name starts with "E" and ends in "o", middle letters "lr".

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    No one could be as cool as someone from Tennessee, whose name starts with "E" and ends in "o", middle letters "lr".
    Thankfully no one like that actually exists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ESTj appreciation thread

Haven't been one of these in a minute. IEEs and SLIs, what do you like about LSEs? Other types, feel free to contribute! EIIs, this is your thread!

What I appreciate about LSEs:

- Stable
    - Appreciate enjoyable company
    - Seek people out and initiate contact
    - Really productive and focused on bettering themselves
    - Great when I need advice
    - Care about those weaker than themselves
    - Able to appreciate other people's strengths
    - Give thorough explanations
    - Passionate about areas of concern, not trying to play it cool like they "don't care"
    - Can debate without getting feelings involved or engaging in character assassination
    - Not withdrawn, and don't withhold
    - Like to gently tease, can take my awkward teasing
    - Know how to gently push boundaries
    - See what works and what doesn't, and promote effective behaviors
    - Don't act bored and petulant
    - Just do it, pitching in and helping
    - Make me feel comfortable
    - Can just be, talking or not talking
    - Idealistic
    - Don't try to make me feel anything, but are comfortable with my natural feelings
    - Really want to know things
    - Can do tedious things if they need doing, and don't make me do them
    - Really defend the people and ideas they believe in
    - Can take constructive criticism
    EII
    4w5, sp/sx

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My uncle is an LSE and his INFj cousin recently lost all his money due to gambling, and then he lost his job along with having two kids and a wife to take care of. My LSE uncle, being pretty wealthy took him and hired him to do chores in his house, and paying him to support his wife and kids.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh...

I agree with the list you've made Danielle especially this :
    Can debate without getting feelings involved or engaging in character assassination

I've witnessed an enraged LSE teacher who screamed at a student for 20 min in a raw without getting personnal. A professionnal assassination I may say.

I won't elaborate, the more I appreciate someone, the least likely I am to praise him/her, well, not so directly. (sorry for the bad grammar ^^ )
    it's like I am taking all inside me, then summon it and smile.

and so, to you, LSEs.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    Although I find it hard to not only make jokes about him, I have to admit my LSE neighbor gets A LOT done. He's constantly working on something, and his house and his garden are the neatest I've ever seen.
    I don't know what it is about LSEs/ESEs that makes me compelled to tease them frequently, or at least hope to get to that comfort level to do so freely . Then again, I do like to joke around with people in general.

Concerning the OP, I honestly don't have much to say, and it's not because I don't appreciate them. In fact, I rarely participate in type appreciation threads... Maybe it has to do with being an introvert and finding it hard (or not seeing the need) to express what I have internalized as being "normal." Well, there are a few things that come to mind now. One is that it means a lot to me when I'm working in a group setting, and they are really on the ball in terms of helping and carrying their load. The other one which is actually related to this is that they are able to work on so many things, that they can actually be overworked without them knowing, which makes them all the more endearing. I know this LSE woman who basically does so many things that some people joke that she's on crack or something. I've always wondered why her husband would even let her work to that crazy level, since it's obviously affecting her capacity.

There's also something about Te types and the way they handle relationships with people they care about that is very attractive to me. If there is a problem, LSEs try to resolve it in concrete ways. I know this last paragraph sound lame, almost seems like I just took a Te definition, but I couldn't put it any simpler .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My LSE cousin is about to go into the LAPD academy. What I like most about him is he will always have your back. His humor always involves his penis in someones butt which most people dont understand. He loves watching UFC, SNL and WWE 24/7. He is athletic and works out everyday. He pretty much has everything going for him. He suggests I should become a cop too which makes me laugh.
    ISTP - SERIOUSLY, i dont give a ****

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by randomguy View Post
    His humor always involves his penis in someones butt which most people dont understand.

I suppose they are also good for this penis in butt humor. Not sure where else we'd get that from, so that's something to appreciate.
    EII
    4w5, sp/sx

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mhm

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSEs are wonderful people.
    Ceci n'est pas une eii.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by randomguy View Post
    What I like most about him is he will always have your back. His humor always involves his penis in someones butt which most people dont understand.
    I think you have the sentence order switched . Anyway, this makes me wonder the types of jokes a gay LSE would say.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by randomguy
    What I like most about him is he will always have your back. His humor always involves his penis in someones butt which most people dont understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielle
    I suppose they are also good for this penis in butt humor. Not sure where else we'd get that from, so that's something to appreciate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu
    mhm
    Quote Originally Posted by Sereno
    I think you have the sentence order switched . Anyway, this makes me wonder the types of jokes a gay LSE would say.
    It's turning into a big joke
    Such a good thing to have a LSE nearby... so everyone think the LSE is the pervert, while the NFs laugh their lungs out

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast