Thread: My Enneagram Type

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default My Enneagram Type

I've done a few type me threads but never a enneagram one.

Go ahead do your worst.
    Last edited by somavision; 06-18-2012 at 12:04 PM.
    IEE-Ne

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I don't know you that well, but I'm going to take a wild guess and say 4w5. Not sure if you wanted instinctual stacking as well, but I'll guess sp/sx on that.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i don't really know you but i could very easily see 3, 6, 7, 9.

not sp-last.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wild guess, 5w6?
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

lol, all the different responses.

do you have any particular ideas about it yourself that you feel like mentioning?

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6w5 is also possible. I think you might be ILE though.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Athww View Post
    Dang I've been too much of a procrastinator to get back to you, soma. While in London I can't say I managed to notice your etype well, but from my observations, blonde IEEs are more frequently e7. You seemed, in one way kinda restless (but not in the Ej way, more smooth), impulsive in a way but still pretty relaxed about where life was going, like you could make it work out and you would be able to handle things without being extreme. You seem to have goals, and that you're progressing in that direction without too much difficulty, and that this future should be enjoyable and interesting. You seem to talk quite a bit about being genuine and developing as a person on here, could go well with e4, really. Or maybe e9, also a pretty self-aware type.
    Hey, thanks for your generous assessment and no worries about the delay. Just one thing... "blonde IEEs are more frequently E7". I have brown hair, so I take it you mean blonde as in ditzy? I wasn't quite clear whether you had me included in this group.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    6w5 is also possible. I think you might be ILE though.
    OK thanks, I don't know that much about the enneagram types, I see 5w6 as more likely over 6w5, although I could see some of the other suggestions could make sense too. I've provisionally ruled out types 1 2 3 6 8, and wings well I don't even know where to go with those.

I also think I might be ILE. This and Effies ESI typing of me are the shadows of my socionic existence. I've actually been recently thinking how me thinking of myself as an IEE may have altered my mental processes to create a cognitive as well as a behavioral reinforcement of my IEEness, especially as I have typed myself as ENFP for a decade now once Myers Briggs is accounted for. I think though that however much I may identify with some aspects of ILE, I come back to the decider question and the fact is that I am able to comfortably describe nuances in quite complex interpersonal relations, along with their seeming contradictions and subtleties, the sort of things that I've noticed other people miss, whilst at the same time I'm very aware of my shortcomings when it comes to sohpisticated reductionist thinking.

Whether this relative shortcoming is something that is innate, or whether it is a result of other factors, I am not commited to speculate. However in general socionic terms I think that the stereotype threat can to an extent account for differences amoungst socionic type.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stereotype_threat

I'm going to add this link to the Self Catagorisation Theory thread I started. I've had an excellent idea for a thing.
    Last edited by somavision; 06-18-2012 at 01:29 PM.
    IEE-Ne

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sp/so

sx-last

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    lol, all the different responses.

do you have any particular ideas about it yourself that you feel like mentioning?
    I really don't know, none of them really seem to fit. On some level I can find myself associating with the 4, 5, 7 and 9 descriptions, but not entirely.
    Maybe I'm reading the wrong descriptions but I've no idea. I think part of the problem is that I take on and create different roles dependent on context. So sometimes I may feel like a 4 or 5 but then again on another occasion I may be more like a 7. It's hard for me to get a clear idea of the essence of the concept of the basic fear. Someone I know very well gave me this feedback in an e-mail, I respect her opinion but I don't take it as final.

"As far as the enneagram goes I am 99% sure that you would be a type 7. What type do you think you are? This is what I've always thought but I might be wrong."
    IEE-Ne

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

E7?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Athww View Post
    By blonde I mean those having blonde hair, and when I met you, you had black/dark. I don't actually know if that goes as brown though. :S

I get the impression that you're a bit to generally minded when it comes to systems to be ILE. They seem to go at it more indepth. And from the convos we had in London you definitely seem like a holographic-panoramic type. You seem to reject rguments and ways of thinking that are too definite and absolute, and you pay more attention to the context in which these arguments arose in the first place, more fitting for HP I would say. You display this with your attention to more "social" nuances like stereotype threat, or how you mentioned in our convo that one social researchers group in the past had all been white male, making their research biased. Also in how you question whether you could just be deceiving yourself by typing ENFp for a decade and whether you're reading the wrong descriptions - again you pay attention to context, and the humans involved and the mistaks they make, this is negativism. Holographi thought involves a lot of "on the other hand, this could fit too...". Just the other day you made a post on here noting how you don't support either/or logic and prefer to look at the holistic context and the complexities within or something akin to that. Rejecting stereotypes and cliques is typical of IEEs according to descriptions and ime these tendencies appear frequently on their own; naturally.

If you say you can see yourself in many etypes, then you either have a poor understanding of egram, or you're e9 who adapts a lot. It could also be caused by the holographic style. I think ruling out 1 2 3 6 and 8 is good, I can't imagine you as any of them. From talking to woofwoofl, Phthalate, Absurd, gd, aerorobyn in the chat and my own experience it seems none of them has actually met a e5 IEE and it also seems unlikely based on descriptions. So I say rule out that as well.

It seems all of this plays into your relaxed and flexible, but optimistic attitude towards the future ( could be positive outlook etype, which are 2, 7 and 9). You feel like you have enough psychological space to not fall by the wayside.
    Thanks for the further reply, it is very useful for me getting some written insight from our meeting (I know we discussed much of this in person). I have to say I don't believe I've know anyone propose a personality type/hair colour correlation before, are you being serious? If so that's a bold statwmwnt to make. I know little of egram and my understanding is rudimentary at best, so essentially any feedback is good, I had been hovering around 7w8 and was interested when it was independently suggested to me by the person I knew from a lomg time back. You make good points with regards to me not being ILE, and it pains me to say it, but I do know that as much as I love to play with the alphas at the end of the day I have to go home and make moral judgements and dream of quality craftsmanship with the rest of the serious types.
    IEE-Ne