"Cool Mafia Godfather" ~SLE Leader's Avatar
    TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How duality feels for you...

So for those of you who want to answer, I just want some different answers. When you're with you're dual (especially the ones you're attracted to), how do you feel? Emotionally, physically, what are you thinking, etc....

Also, please do the same with how activity relations make you feel.
    Last edited by Leader; 06-14-2012 at 11:32 PM.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

its like an orgasm except a million times better.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    Is this where you become more like Maritsa? Just asking

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's comforting at times.
    sometimes annoying, like most relationships/friendships.
    feels like you always have a friend in that person (in most healthy cases).
    i respect their insights and input (the ones I'm actually friends with at least).
    generally like their sense of humor (^^same as above)

overall not too shabby.

Perpetual Confusion Machine PistolShrimp's Avatar
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well my dad is an SLE, so to be honest I'm kind of afraid that things might get a little too Freudian if I ever get close to a dual I am attracted to. I really don't run into many SLEs my age, though. I feel like they'd overlook me because I am very mousy and unassuming.

As far as my dad goes, we have very similar senses of humor, and he gives good advice that typically calms me down when I'm upset. I don't really care for the stuff he likes (computers, snowboarding, soccer) but we still have plenty to talk about re: life in general, and can understand each other well.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me, it feels calm and safe. Still, quiet. Even when there are times of talking and throwing around ideas, there's an underlying level of comfort and acceptance. I feel more emotionally evened-out around duals. Anxiety disappears, I feel safe, protected. I also feel listened to, like they want to hear my advice and thoughts.

Activity relations are fun and funny. When I get an LSI talking, they tend to go on and on, promoting opinions emphatically. When I'm all out of Fe, they quiet down and so do I and then we go our separate ways. They seem more intense than SLEs and more wanting to "have it out" about whatever's on their mind. Therefore it feels less relaxing to me. Might be the individuals I know though.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    I've heard sneezing can be enjoyable, some say sneezing is 1/10 of an orgasm. Are we to assume then, that duality is approximately 10,000,000.0 times better than sneezing?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
    I've heard sneezing can be enjoyable, some say sneezing is 1/10 of an orgasm. Are we to assume then, that duality is approximately 10,000,000.0 times better than sneezing?
    analysis paralysis
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I've met a couple women of similar personality who could bring me to tears of joy, which is fucking rare mind you... I've always assumed that if I had some "dual" it would be this personality. People will talk trash about this personality and I'll always say, "I don't understand what's wrong with that. She's pretty cool around me." So Idunno. Maybe that's duality. I've met other people of this type too. They're great. My interaction with this one dude friend of mine makes my other friends jealous, and they're always telling me we should get married or, "where's your boyfriend?" stuff like that. Idunno if that's duality but we have a blast together.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PistolShrimp View Post
    Well my dad is an SLE, so to be honest I'm kind of afraid that things might get a little too Freudian if I ever get close to a dual I am attracted to. I really don't run into many SLEs my age, though. I feel like they'd overlook me because I am very mousy and unassuming.

As far as my dad goes, we have very similar senses of humor, and he gives good advice that typically calms me down when I'm upset. I don't really care for the stuff he likes (computers, snowboarding, soccer) but we still have plenty to talk about re: life in general, and can understand each other well.
    Damn you're lucky!!
    IEI 4w5

Do I still cross your mind?
    Your face still distorts the time

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Duality is like the first time you got high on weed and the first time you did an opiate combined, all while being in an acid trip.

(I don't like stimulants too much.)
    IEI 4w5

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a haiku

duality is
    ya know
    just great
    totally
    great

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And in the form of a Shakespearean sonnet:

It's like they see the world the same as you,
    though they may dwell in very different spheres.
    The differences dissolve between you two
    and, when conversing, you are equal peers.
    They have a way of vanquishing your doubts.
    At other times, reducing you to tears.
    They know your private psyche's ins and outs
    and so can push your buttons, grind your gears.
    But mostly I just find they make me laugh,
    and we can talk for hours and hours on end.
    The Russians claim they are your "other half."
    But fuck that shit. A dual's just a friend.
    ___As comforting and fun as they may be,
    ___It's tough admitting to deficiency.

I think I'm going to start writing all my posts as poems, lol.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Sexy and heavenly.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Duality makes me feel relaxed and activation makes me feel goofy.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's more like Shut the fuck up, whereas other types are more like Get the fuck away from me.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Duality makes me feel relaxed and activation makes me feel goofy.
    I feel both goofy and relaxed with my dual.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    I feel both goofy and relaxed with my dual.
    It depends on the dual.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    It's more like Shut the fuck up, whereas other types are more like Get the fuck away from me.
    Yeah, like:

duality: the more you try to explain yourself, the more sense you are making.

others: the more you try to explain yourself, the more you risk making it awkward/being annoying.
    IEI 4w5

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cherrysidecar View Post
    Yeah, like:

duality: the more you try to explain yourself, the more sense you are making.

others: the more you try to explain yourself, the more you risk making it awkward/being annoying.
    I don't think it's that cut and dried but I get what you're saying. More often than not, I find myself not wanting to talk at all with my dual. Just wanting to be present.

I think I'm tired.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

It feels like sugalicious.
    -