Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Buffy the Vampire Slayer

What type would 'Buffy' be from Buffy the Vampire Slayer? (the tv series)

It's one of my favorite shows.

Also, I'm talking about the character not the actress.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whatever type I hate the most
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL hmm....

You just can't stand her in all situations or does it depend on the season?

I know most people hate her in seasons 6 and 7. But the writers were on crack then sooo.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't like the actress either. I admire her work professionally, but I doubt we could be friends. Sometimes I wonder if Sarah even HAS any friends.

She seems way too 'cold?' Though I heard she just acts like that to move ahead in her career but I dunno.

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Buffy is hard to type!! I love that show to bits though and every time I try and type her, it doesn't work ..

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Creepy-bg

how about Willow? any guess?

character or actress... (I'm kinda infatuated with Alyson Hannigan, she has the cutest smile I've ever seen)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She seems very ISFP-ish ....

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd go with INFp. She's so adorable!
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She's hot.
    SEE

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by SLeo123083
    LOL hmm....

You just can't stand her in all situations or does it depend on the season?

I know most people hate her in seasons 6 and 7. But the writers were on crack then sooo.
    I liked Buffy alot more after she was brought back from the dead. I liked the darkness. It was as if the most annoying parts of her personality had been scorched off. I'm a bit of sicko though in that I find cracked out girls attractive. A bit of emotional scaring makes a girl so much more interresting IMO. (not that I like to be the one to scar or to even experience the scaring)

Hmmm... that all sounded alot more twisted than I meant it too... What's that over there! (quietly backs out of the conversation while nobody's looking)

Creepy-bg

I see what you mean (ISFp) but could also see it at as an INFp smile...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The eyes just seem much more sensing to me.

Aly is very different than Willow in interviews. Much more social and friendly....she can play shy so well though, you could swear she has some natural INFP in her.

So I think ISFP (maybe even ESFP) for the actress, INFP for Willow.

She's DEFINITELY a feeler type though. And I think it's safe to say she perceives rather than judges.

Creepy-bg

I can't see ESFp... ISFp is deffinately possible though. In fact I'm leaning more towards ISFp than INFp now. She does have the engaging eyes of an S.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

eh the athletic thing doesn't do anything for me
    SEE

Creepy-aurora_faerie

buffy is boring to me

the actress who plays willow is cool though

Creepy-pokeball

Buffy is prolly ENFj. She may even be type-casted. Dawn was a horrible actress. The series was fun, tho. Anya was hilarious =p

Creepy-bg

How about Angel... Talking strictly the character I think Angel could be INFj and Angelus ESTp.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

with respect to order of mention: beta nf (i lean to enfj), istp, inxj (lean to t), haven't thought about it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Buffy is definitely intuitive. Remember when she looked in that demon's eyes and instantly recognized it was him and not well, a demon.

As for Introverted or Extraverted it's hard to say. She was extrovert-y but not excessively so.

I actually think she's much more INFjish than anything, making her my hero more than anything else since I look up to her. (isn't your Identity your hero?) She has deep, raw emotions that she rarely shares. It fits, at least to me.

I don't really count the last two seasons because well...Buffy just wasn't herself then. Like, at all. =/

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by SLeo123083

I don't really count the last two seasons because well...Buffy just wasn't herself then. Like, at all. =/

That was the point. There was a lesson to be learned from it if one looked through it. I liked it because it showed a perspective about death that Ive never seen in media before.

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Buffy the Vampire Slayer

There is probably a thread already, I know.. I just can't find it!

So, types of characters, anyone? Here is my take on just one:

Giles: ISTj Ti (lolz, love his character. I am not saying INTj because he gives off a Beta mood to me. In the series, he would always enjoy the drama (secretly) of being part of that whole world!)

For some reason, they are so hard to type for me. It seems like a very intuitive show, though.

Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was never allowed to watch that.
    EII

I'll tell you what
    there is plenty wrong with me
    but I fixed up a few old buildings
    and I've planted a few trees.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

parents are funny. my friend's mother would scold him when he was playing videogames with his brother. When he would say, "I killed you!" she'd barge in the room and say, "no brandon! you say you 'destroyed' him!!" ahahaha. the other night we were playing videogames and he was gloating after a victory and somebody else said the word, "kill," in reference to his loss in the game. He was speaking back to that person but his speech stumbled as he said the word, 'kill.'

this show seemed alpha/beta/gamma. I remember libraries and people exploding into dust which aren't positive signs to any quadra of which i'm currently aware. But alas, our datas are insufficient.
    asd

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: whatever the most annoying type in the whole fucking world is

(I seriously hate that character and always have)
    SEE

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah ive hated Buffy Since its conception. Just in the last year ive actually watched it a bit late at night lol to the point that it just slightly annoys me. I cant stand how shit she is. She almost dies and needs to be saved in every episode. Shes supposed to be some magical slayer or something but even lowly vampires give her a run for her money.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate Sara Michelle Gellar almost as much, but I don't know which one causes me to hate the other, if such is the case. omg that bitch needs to wear a bag over her head and never talk. *wrinkles nose*

I have to confess I've never been able to stand more than 10 minutes of the show, so I don't know about her predicaments and such.
    SEE

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Buffy is a great show although when you re-watch it you kinda see how they get too preachy with some things.

It felt like heaven for the fans though. At least the first time around.

And I agree Joy, Sarah Michelle Gellar isn't the most...friendliest of people, but she's really good at what she does, she comes across as a uber-bitch I agree (and sometimes her characters aren't that much better) but she's a great actress. I have to give her props.

I do think she's a shallow whore-face for liking Freddy Prinze jr. especially in all those dumb movies where he plays that preppy popular jock that you want to defecate on.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another thing that annoys me about Buffy is the plot line. They live on this hellmouth where vampires and worse come out like every week and everyone just lives their own lives. Doesn't make sense. They should like cordon off the area and have machine guns protecting it.

anyways.. this is is whats my type. I was always thinking buffy was like an ESFp or ESFj or somefin
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

=[

You guys don't like Buffy? That's fucking criminal! It's a beautiful show. I adore it, and it's the only TV show I've watched in it's entirety. There are so many intricate details to it's plot, the script, the characters... it's original.

ESFj for Buffy? No way is she Fe leading. I think she values Fi and ESFp could definitely be a thought cause of the whole asskicking thing. However, she seems to get along splendidly with Giles.. sometimes I think she could be INFp. Perhaps the whole show is quite Alpha/Beta. Delta types seem to think that Buffy is lame.

Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder
    Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux
    I just can't make up my mind! This probably proves I'm irrational.
    No, just that you have strong .
    O RLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not necessarily. ESFjs often can not seemingly make up their mind, but the point is that the INTj's creative provides them with possible alternatives along with logical judgments to follow suit (). And generally those with in their ego, can make up their minds quite well, it is just that they go through more alternative possibilities than with standard before doing so.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Not necessarily. ESFjs often can not seemingly make up their mind, but the point is that the INTj's creative provides them with possible alternatives along with logical judgments to follow suit (). And generally those with in their ego, can make up their minds quite well, it is just that they go through more alternative possibilities than with standard before doing so.
    I was referring to a specific phenomenon observable on this forum. Those with strong seem to be more prone to wondering if they're really another type. Look at Gilly.
    Gilly's wondered? Maybe before my time then! I have never seen him question his ILE-ness, ever.

There have been so many threads with people questioning their types that do not have in their Ego.

Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    I was referring to a specific phenomenon observable on this forum. Those with strong seem to be more prone to wondering if they're really another type. Look at Gilly.
    My mistake then. But there are others (eunice and a few others) who do not have strong but still find themselves changing types. If you were to compare the number of type changes between those with strong and those with weak you would probably find very little of an expected relationship as, as you say, often wonder if they are another type, but they merely wonder and rarely seem to change their type. You have gone through two type changes of your own have you not (well three counting the joke SEE change)?
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It has nothing to do with strong Ne. I think FPs have the hardest time making decisions like that.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, I just noticed that you changed your type to ISFj in your signature for me. Thank you. I missed it at some point, so I am glad that I was able to catch it this time around.

I'm not sure what you're getting at.
    Just that the presence of strong does not necessarily indicate how often they wonder about their type or change it. And usually those with strong as 7th or 8th function will generally entertain or just ignore it, so it is probably not a good indication either.
    Johari Box

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves
    And I agree Joy, Sarah Michelle Gellar isn't the most...friendliest of people, but she's really good at what she does, she comes across as a uber-bitch I agree (and sometimes her characters aren't that much better) but she's a great actress. I have to give her props.
    I have no problems with people who aren't friendly, and I don't really even have any problem with bitchiness in and of itself. The way it manifests can be a problem though. I don't know why I can't stand her. I think it may have something to do with the character because she was more tolerable in Scoooby Do, though if I knew that character irl I'd still have no respect for her. I actually liked her in the role of the sister in Cruel Intentions. It was like the part was written for her. I couldn't have picked a more perfect actress for it.

Buffy is NOT ESFp, btw. I'd say she's most likely INFp.
    SEE

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Buffy is NOT ESFp, btw. I'd say she's most likely INFp.
    ESFj, what do you think?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't seen the show in a long time, but based on what I remember, Beta seems more likely than Alpha. She seems victim-y in a Beta way, and there's something "dark" about her that I don't see much of in the ESFjs I've known irl. It's certainly possible though.

(I guess I just don't see her valuing Si > Se?)
    SEE

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

=[

You guys don't like Buffy? That's fucking criminal! It's a beautiful show. I adore it, and it's the only TV show I've watched in it's entirety. There are so many intricate details to it's plot, the script, the characters... it's original.

ESFj for Buffy? No way is she Fe leading. I think she values Fi and ESFp could definitely be a thought cause of the whole asskicking thing. However, she seems to get along splendidly with Giles.. sometimes I think she could be INFp. Perhaps the whole show is quite Alpha/Beta. Delta types seem to think that Buffy is lame.

I watched Angel waaay more than Buffy. I...just wasn't drawn to Buffy as much. I've watched it some though. Anyhow...

Delta may think it's lame because of the theme, vampires and demons and such. Doesn't really scream Delta...

Beta would like it because of action, passionate characters and dramatic scenes I'd think, and Alpha for similar reasons, maybe added with some of the odd fantasy feel of it.

Gamma NT's would probably have odd feelings towards it, because it is not directed at their dominate functions...it is aimed at the functions they are annoyed by most...while the SF's enjoy some aspects of it and can see why others like it.

Just speculation...

Anyhow, what about Angel?
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angel seems like an dominant... funny cause he's a vampire Probably INFj, imo. Actually ISFj could work too.
    I do think that Angel & Buffy are very similar : mirrors.

Johari
    Nohari

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast