Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do I determine my own type?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How do I determine my own type?

What parts of reality should people focus on to determine their own type?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

First know yourself, then know the basic structure of socionics. It should be easy.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know if I know myself. Probably not since I question it... But I have an overview of Socionics by now.

My problem is that there seems to be as many versions of Socionics as there are experts, so depending on what system I follow, I get different conclusions. If I follow Reinin's I can easily identify with Extravert, Negativist, Declaring, Strategic, Result and Decisive, meaning I end up SLE. However, if I do one of the many online tests, I end up a lot of other types (any type). By descfiption, I identify with LIE the most.

So then, how do I determine from there?

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Croco View Post
    I don't know if I know myself. Probably not since I question it... But I have an overview of Socionics by now.

My problem is that there seems to be as many versions of Socionics as there are experts, so depending on what system I follow, I get different conclusions. If I follow Reinin's I can easily identify with Extravert, Negativist, Declaring, Strategic, Result and Decisive, meaning I end up SLE. However, if I do one of the many online tests, I end up a lot of other types (any type). By descfiption, I identify with LIE the most.

It is, almost by definition, impossible to know yourself. After years and years I still do not know what my type is if I have to go by type descriptions. It's much easier to figure out another person's identity than your own. So if you are comfortable with typing other people, intertype relations will tell you your own type. The bad news is: it takes a couple of years to become 'fluent' at typing others and understanding the subtleties of intertype relations.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    It is, almost by definition, impossible to know yourself. After years and years I still do not know what my type is if I have to go by type descriptions. It's much easier to figure out another person's identity than your own. So if you are comfortable with typing other people, intertype relations will tell you your own type. The bad news is: it takes a couple of years to become 'fluent' at typing others and understanding the subtleties of intertype relations.
    k, thanks.

Thought maybe to try and figure out the differences between DS, ignoring functions and PoLRs. Anyone with a good overview?

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Call me.

That's how.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Call me.

That's how.
    Imagine I already called you, the way the other psychics/experts on here do.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm a sensor, I can't imagine things.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's more about how does one do what it does than what it is that one does.
    Pardon, if this is too vague.

Natural communication without pressure also gives a lot of insight as you can see how the subject's train of thought moves.

You could start writing about how did your day go and how's your life in general. It helps if you can do it like you would be talking to good friends.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Compare yourself with other people. That will show you your type. You learn to type yourself as you learn to type others.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's more about how does one do what it does than what it is that one does.
    Pardon, if this is too vague.

Natural communication without pressure also gives a lot of insight as you can see how the subject's train of thought moves.

You could start writing about how did your day go and how's your life in general. It helps if you can do it like you would be talking to good friends.
    Don't believe your bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nowisthetime View Post
    Compare yourself with other people. That will show you your type. You learn to type yourself as you learn to type others.
    Dammit. I thought to just drop by, type myself, and move on. This seems to take too long.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's just hard if one lacks familiarity with the system. They might be looking for things too external as type indicators. We all have done that I think.
    Don't believe your bullshit.
    I don't.
    Don't believe my signature. It's bullshit.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dammit. I thought to just drop by, type myself, and move on. This seems to take too long.
    I think it's better to give it some time. Your own type doesn't really mean that much until you have seen it all in practise.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It's just hard if one lacks familiarity with the system. They might be looking for things too external as type indicators. We all have done that I think.
    It didn't take me long, I thought I am SLI before registering on this site, that is, did some reading and stuff, started to compare things but I am somewhat skeptical by nature and I just "forgot" all about it. Had my reasons.

Anyhow, it didn't take long to arrive at LSE from there.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, but It's a process. One makes mistakes and then corrects them. As one meets more and more people one's own picture of what a type really is becomes clearer.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go to wikisocion, read the common social roles listed at the bottom of every type description, see which ones might be it,then read those description more accurately, especially the first four functions and you'll have a vague string of letters to describe your horoscope socionics type.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, but It's a process. One makes mistakes and then corrects them. As one meets more and more people one's own picture of what a type really is becomes clearer.
    This process seems to be too cumbersome for this person who just wanted to "drop by" and figure it out.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You should focus on the practical implications of your type, imho. The relationships to others and the essence of your personality (your quadra, your leading and creative function). Don't get irritated by small details, you'll most likely not find a type which fits 100% and if you do, it's either an illusion you trick your mind into or simply coincidence.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

See, this is why you just ignore the dumb parts of socoionics. Gulenko, Renin, Ganin, all the shit that wasn't directly from Augusta just contradicts what Augusta did. Not always, but often enough to create more confusion that it solves.
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    See, this is why you just ignore the dumb parts of socoionics. Gulenko, Renin, Ganin, all the shit that wasn't directly from Augusta just contradicts what Augusta did. Not always, but often enough to create more confusion that it solves.
    Come to think of it, I've never seen any of Augusta's description of types.

Gulenko calls SLI a ninja. That's good enough for me.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Renin came first. Augusta is Renin's follower.

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Type all the people u know. The most abundant type within this group will be that of your dual.
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    Renin came first. Augusta is Renin's follower.
    I couldn't care less, he's an idiot and does not deserve proper recognition even as the person who taught the person who got it right.
    Easy Day

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What came first - the chicken or the egg?

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i don't understand why Reinin gets so much hate. i can understand why Reinin dichotomies may confuse some people, because they may not be so well-defined in many cases, but the fact is that the Reinin dichotomies are derived from Model A - they aren't a separate system or anything like that. articles such as this describe how Reinin dichotomies manifest in people's behavior; this kind of information can be used when typing people and otherwise applying socionics.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glam View Post
    Reinin dichotomies manifest in people's behavior; this kind of information can be used when typing people and otherwise applying socionics.
    The problem are people not Reinin dichotomies in most cases, at least that's what I've seen on this forum.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i agree that reinin and gulenko are confusing and extraneous when it comes to initially typing yourself but i don't see that as a sufficient reason to ignore them or discredit them altogether.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This three question socionics test is the best, I believe, because you can ask your friends to take it in order to type you!

http://www.socionics.us/tests/1/0.htm

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't understand why Reinin gets so much hate. i can understand why Reinin dichotomies may confuse some people, because they may not be so well-defined in many cases, but the fact is that the Reinin dichotomies are derived from Model A - they aren't a separate system or anything like that. articles such as this describe how Reinin dichotomies manifest in people's behavior; this kind of information can be used when typing people and otherwise applying socionics.
    What do you mean "so much hate"? Aren't I like one of maybe two people who think that he's a tard?
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What do you mean "so much hate"? Aren't I like one of maybe two people who think that he's a tard?
    idk tbh. it just seems like people often have really strong negative reactions when they don't like Reinin.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

idk tbh. it just seems like people often have really strong negative reactions when they don't like Reinin.
    It certainly is a vocal minority, I'll give you that, but for the most part I think people love him so you can take solace in that. I'm just not one of those people.
    Easy Day

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Seriously, I don't know what hate has got to do with it all. Using Reinin you're going to get a result, always. And like I said before in some other thread, no matter how divorced from reality it is going to be, it is going to be still a result, so use it on your own risk. It's pure math, followed by math and more math done in a sterile environment.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It certainly is a vocal minority, I'll give you that, but for the most part I think people love him so you can take solace in that. I'm just not one of those people.
    ? i don't care whether people love Reinin or not...

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

? i don't care whether people love Reinin or not...
    Well In that case. I hate him, I hate him, I hate him, I hate him!
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ignore Reinin until you are absolutely sure you have understood types, i.e. rational/irrational, feeling/thinking, intuition/sensation, extroversion/introversion. You won't "get" them until you work backwards. Building upwards on reinin dichotomies leads nowhere.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Ignore Reinin until you are absolutely sure you have understood types
    and then continue to ignore him.
    Easy Day

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

And kill him...

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they can be useful when used to narrow down typings, for instance, it's easy to assume that two types with the same base function would basically be identical but that's not true ime. there are many subtle differences which when viewed thru reinin dichotomies are easier to pin down (kindreds differ in six dichotomies positivist/negativist, process/result, yielding/obstinate, constructivist/emotivist, taciturn/narrator, & one quadra dichotomy), but it's only useful insofar as you work downwards from type towards further precision. it splinters into behaviorist nonsense when you try to build up on types based on these dichotomies.

edit: correction, seven dichotomies. aristocratic/democratic as well.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Spoken like a true socionics person.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This might not be a great suggestion, but maybe after you have studied the IE elements and everything else as mention on this thread by other members, you could also try to be aware of how you learn new things? Or how you have learned in the past.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast