• IEE / ENFp

0 0%
  • SLI / ISTp

0 0%

Thread: ESE for me, and celebrities

Creepy-Snaps

Default ESE for me, and celebrities

Hey. This thread needs no introduction.

Two nights ago, I had a chain of mental clicks. You ever have that? Like... 'Oh, this person must be this type! ... which makes sense, because this person must be that type! That explains their interaction perfectly!!! ... etc.'

Well I realized I'm ESE. Of course that's something many of you have been saying for years now, and I've said before that I thought the LII's were boring. I've looked at some celebrity-typed LII's, and thought they were dull.

Well I think some of them may be mistyped. I think LII is one of those 'ideal' types, the analytical, smart, insightful, Alpha quadra, fun-loving, etc. Trouble is, perhaps people look at the 'analytical' side more, and tend to put maybe some calmer, Fi-valuing types as LII, misinterpreting them as being analytical Ti, when that is not the case.

I had been watching more of the late-night talkshow host, Craig Ferguson, whom I see many type as ILE. I don't normally watch him, thinking he's a bit too goofy and random, but the more I watch, the more I seem to enjoy the silliness. I'm having trouble finding the thread, but people say his 20+ shows and wonderful interaction with Kristen Bell, ESE, can easily be explained, Alpha Extroverted Activity partners, and it's fun to watch them together. His show with Paris Hilton, whom many type as ESI, is a bit more painful to watch, as people have commented that the conversation never gets off the ground really.

I said before I love Emma Watson. Before I had gone along with a common 'SLE' typing of her, but I'll copy what I said in her type thread: "INTj! She seems to analyze things and explain differences in interviews, pretty clearly Ti ego, and she is very polite and non-intruding. I don't see Se-ego at all, can't see ESTp at all, and I believe strongly she's a mild-mannered, analytical, a bit goofy but yet cute, INTj."

It originally sparked my mind when I saw a Russian socionics site which claimed she was INTj, confirming that there are others which believe she is LII as well. http://socion2.narod.ru/celsoclist2_en.htm http://socion2.narod.ru/celphlist-04_en.htm

And that sparked a chain of other connections with friends/family personally. I know a dual couple IRL, ESE/LII, and realized I'm like the ESE guy there, I think my one sister is ILE and the other may be ESI, which explains why they don't necessarily get along the best lol, realized a couple ex-girlfriends I think are LII and ILE, and a bunch of other types of people I know.

Last celebrity I thought of, I think Miley Cyrus is ILE. Her self-confident, random, story-telling nature reminds me a lot of Craig Ferguson's ILE-ness, and while it's easy to suspect an outgoing celebrity like that to be ExFx, outgoing and ethical, I strongly believe Miley is a female ENTp. And aside from being fellow teenage Disney stars, she also seems to get along extremely well with Selena Gomez, whom I think is an obvious SEI/ISFp, or my mirror partner.

Anyway, I know this wasn't very convincingly written, or organized that well. I just wanted to type this up quickly and get it on here, as I am busy rushing around trying to get some business things done, some people to talk with. What do you guys think? I'm willing to finally accept ESE again, if you guys can accept that ILE/LII's aren't boring analyticals, but rather members of the MOST FUN QUADRA EVER, Alpha . Do you agree with some of my celebrity Alpha NT typings? Craig Ferguson, Emma Watson, Miley Cyrus, etc.? Other Alpha SF's, Kristen Bell, Selena Gomez?

Creepy-Snaps

Oh! And another random reason why ESE/SEI could make sense for me. As you all know, I'm very business-minded, and found it interesting that SF's are nicknamed the 'business club here: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...oups-by-Reinin

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you're ESE>SEI.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

XSE, still no from your posts tho so LSE. Stop boring me if you want to type ESE.

Also emotionally dense, unable to get into individuals emotions or motivations, you just discuss the most obvious objective characteristic of people.

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    XSE, still no from your posts tho so LSE. Stop boring me if you want to type ESE.

Also emotionally dense, unable to get into individuals emotions or motivations, you just discuss the most obvious characteristic of people.
    Haha you're not the only one who thinks that, I know WA still thinks I may be LSE. If I'm truly opening this up again for everyone's opinions, should I add a poll to the thread? Hmmm.

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also emotionally dense, unable to get into individuals emotions or motivations, you just discuss the most obvious objective characteristic of people.
    What? I read MDs post and I think it was so much filled with Fe. The style I mean. Don't you see it / feel it? It's not what he discussed, but how he presents it, the flow of words.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What an unexpected twist of events...
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
    Two nights ago, I had a chain of mental clicks. You ever have that? Like... 'Oh, this person must be this type! ... which makes sense, because this person must be that type! That explains their interaction perfectly!!! ... etc.'
    That's what Nico1e had, mental clicks, when she typed me SEE, ESE and SLE.

I don't discuss obvious objective characteristics of people, I don't even know what that is. I'm a doomed.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    I'm a doomed.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nowisthetime View Post
    What? I read MDs post and I think it was so much filled with Fe. The style I mean. Don't you see it / feel it? It's not what he discussed, but how he presents it, the flow of words.
    No, you're ego right, maybe you're more perceptive of in everyone, I'm not, I'm only perceptive of it from people who are actually good at it.

Sometimes it's the blind man that hears.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    That was actually a joke for I'm not prone to discuss the most obvious objective characteristic of people, I don't know most of yous anyway nor have been close to many. Best LSE ever.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

That was actually a joke for I'm not prone to discuss the most obvious objective characteristic of people, I don't know most of yous anyway nor have been close to many. Best LSE ever.
    You know what's the same about you and Mountain Dew, constant attention seeking and patronizing behavior.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You know what's the same about you and Mountain Dew, constant attention seeking and patronizing behavior.
    Where are the examples?

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Where are the examples?

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

And this is the reason I'm in love with socionics and certain people's interpretation of it for people see what they want to see, it doesn't matter if it is there or not, all that matters is one gets slapped with some type making a lot of sense in some person's subjective view of socionics. I'm sure I have had a lot of attention seeking threads and posts in your far away mind. Thing is, that guy above makes it a matter of life and death with his near-like Gilly number of 'type me threads' where he settles on one or ten of them just to unsettle - that's attention seeking to me.

To put it bluntly, he gets on my nerves with his "you're offensive, stop it" bull shite - that's patronising to me. It's an attack on my freedom of speech and right to artistically express myself. Socionix, here I come. Nah, kidding.

To me, this forum is a, hmm, cemetery, where people dig out corpses with missing parts and try to sew some other parts in the place of missing ones. Yesterday ESE, IEI tomorrow. And I don't know what kind of a sick fuck enjoys that? Not me, that's a given.

So like I said, examples or bust and fix this frigging forum, it keeps logging me out.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

So like I said, examples or bust and fix this frigging forum, it keeps logging me out.
    Click remember me! It's ok Absurd, we will remember you...

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

And what's that supposed to mean? I mean arguing with you is like arguing with ambivalent existence and that song is shitty.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

And what's that supposed to mean? I mean arguing with you is like arguing with ambivalent existence and that song is shitty.
    Don't lie, you're touched! You softie you.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do you have so much difficulty pinning down your type, Dew?

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Don't lie, you're touched! You softie you.
    Sure I am, you're a touching person, god bless your kids you tickling monster and try this:

As for MD and his sugary and gag inducing posts, unstable rocking back and forth, the inability to decide as if looking for a lightning conductor to ground him once and for all - it reeks LSE in your book. Great socionics magical skills there. I think those glasses you wear are worsening your perception. Have you ever thought about breaking those and forcibly inserting that broken glass into your eye-sockets? You're not going to need eyes, anyway.

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by Pa3s View Post
    What an unexpected twist of events...
    Rofl. Laughed so hard reading this, love the sarcasm!

Hey! I admit I can be quite attention-seeking at times, but I'd like to think I don't patronize people.

And Absurd... we will remember you.

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    Why do you have so much difficulty pinning down your type, Dew?
    I can see myself in all the types. I've used socionics for some time as a tool for personal growth. So when I read about a characteristic of a type I think I exemplify, I wonder, is this a shade of myself I haven't yet discovered? Lack of awareness of my own best characteristics. Maybe that's Ni POLR? Lately with all the self-help, people-skills books I'm reading, I'm able to use those as a more realistic measuring stick, and not get consumed by the infinite personality possibilities that seem to exist in socionics.

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It originally sparked my mind when I saw a Russian socionics site which claimed she was INTj, confirming that there are others which believe she is LII as well. http://socion2.narod.ru/celsoclist2_en.htm http://socion2.narod.ru/celphlist-04_en.htm
    Are you serious? That is Sol's site. The guy who posted on that fucking Emma Watson thread you are talking about and typed her INTJ.

Do your research more thoroughly next time.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see myself in all the types. I've used socionics for some time as a tool for personal growth. So when I read about a characteristic of a type I think I exemplify, I wonder, is this a shade of myself I haven't yet discovered? Lack of awareness of my own best characteristics. Maybe that's Ni POLR? Lately with all the self-help, people-skills books I'm reading, I'm able to use those as a more realistic measuring stick, and not get consumed by the infinite personality possibilities that seem to exist in socionics.
    I don't see personal growth as the best implementation for socionics. If anything I'd peg that more in the domain in Enneagram, since it has a very explicit focus on the betterment of each type in accordance to their main psychological fixations (the various levels of health in particular illustrate this very well). You seem to be taking socionics as a sort of abstract "personality" typology, which I don't think is a fair assessment of what the system attempts to illustrate about people. There's a difference between one's basic cognitive brain functioning and how those processes manifest externally.

What you say about lacking self-awareness sounds much more apt for an E3 than anything socionics has to say.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

And Absurd... we will remember you.
    Who the heck is we. I don't know and do not want to know majority of yous. Socionics is like a second horoscope forum for me where people talk magic, read their daily horoscope, and compare their zodiac signs for compatibility. At least that's what most of you sound like to me.

but I'd like to think I don't patronize people.
    What's the difference between thinking you're doing something and doing something?

Lately with all the self-help, people-skills books I'm reading, I'm able to use those as a more realistic measuring stick, and not get consumed by the infinite personality possibilities that seem to exist in socionics.
    You're going to need a lot of those books.

Oh and one more thing, as long you see yourself in all the types there are, that is, infinite possibilities you call it, it means you're not going to settle on a type at all. It is impossible for the concept of infinity is referred thusly due to the fact it has no limit, it is boundless. That means no one is able to actually pinpoint a type for themselves and this socionics people talk about on here has no beginning nor end which further means there is no point in starting and finishing anything.

Ergo, people who reached infinity are absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Are you serious? That is Sol's site.
    Haha, that guy said I'm not LSE because I'm not like him. There are your infinite possibilities, MD.
    Last edited by Absurd; 06-04-2012 at 09:41 PM.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I don't want to know your type anymore, mountain dew.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok. I'm your supervisor here to help you develop your super powers and to teach you how to use those powers wisely...... call me if you need me lol

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're not supposed to like anything which was said or done by Fe-polrs now that you're ESE. Please, stay in character!
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK Craig Ferguson is a clear SEE, not ILE, wow that is way off! The problem in your inability to type yourself, Mt. Dew, may simply be that your understanding of socionics is off and/or incomplete. Try to sit down and gain a better understanding of the IEs and how they manifest. It can be hard to really get an idea of it. If you are going by type descriptions, i agree its easy to see yourself in many different types, which is why its a bad idea. The best descriptions to consult are ones written by your identical because descriptions are so subjective, and your identicals' are coming from your vantage point.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just hope that you are absolutely sure about your type, just like all of ....ah never mind, carry on with the show
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

God help me
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love, love, love Craig Ferguson, but he is in no way ILE. I'd love him for my identical. But he is not ILE. One more time: Not ILE. He is EP, so you're right on that front. I can't see anything BUT an EP. His autobiography reeks Se-Fi. At the very least, somethign gamma/beta (Se Valuing). Ughhh. I would go ILI for that man. *pelvic thrusts*

idk about the others, but I think the issue with Paris Hilton is just that she's an idiot who couldn't hole a conversation with anyone..

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Are you serious? That is Sol's site. The guy who posted on that fucking Emma Watson thread you are talking about and typed her INTJ.

Do your research more thoroughly next time.
    So? Is he credible? You jumped on board just 6 months ago and pretended you had credibility from before.

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    I don't see personal growth as the best implementation for socionics. If anything I'd peg that more in the domain in Enneagram, since it has a very explicit focus on the betterment of each type in accordance to their main psychological fixations (the various levels of health in particular illustrate this very well). You seem to be taking socionics as a sort of abstract "personality" typology, which I don't think is a fair assessment of what the system attempts to illustrate about people. There's a difference between one's basic cognitive brain functioning and how those processes manifest externally.

What you say about lacking self-awareness sounds much more apt for an E3 than anything socionics has to say.
    Yes I agree with what you say, and I'm definitely E3. Just out of curiosity, what do you think the best use of socionics is, Galen?

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    OK Craig Ferguson is a clear SEE, not ILE, wow that is way off! The problem in your inability to type yourself, Mt. Dew, may simply be that your understanding of socionics is off and/or incomplete. Try to sit down and gain a better understanding of the IEs and how they manifest. It can be hard to really get an idea of it. If you are going by type descriptions, i agree its easy to see yourself in many different types, which is why its a bad idea. The best descriptions to consult are ones written by your identical because descriptions are so subjective, and your identicals' are coming from your vantage point.
    I felt that Craig Ferguson was SEE too, for the longest time. But there's a very interesting character study done here: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...Craig-Ferguson, in which Krig the Viking, silverchris, and several others all believe Craig to be ILE. Craig seems to get along much better with Alpha celebrities as opposed to Gamma. Perhaps there was some confusion between SEE and ESE as a possibility for him. Poli had argued against ILE, but then claimed that the forum consensus anyway, then in 2010, was IEE, Ne-leading at least, not Se-leading. I'd suggest reading that thread, it's very interesting, but I think ILE is a very real possibility for Craig.

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by FoxOnStilts View Post
    I love, love, love Craig Ferguson, but he is in no way ILE. I'd love him for my identical. But he is not ILE. One more time: Not ILE. He is EP, so you're right on that front, but SEE is what it is. His autobiography reeks Se-Fi. Ughhh. I would go ILI for that man. *pelvic thrusts*

idk about the others, but I think the issue with Paris Hilton is just that she's an idiot who couldn't hole a conversation with anyone..
    Haven't read the autobiography, but "To numb the pain of failure, Ferguson found comfort in drugs and alcohol, addictions that eventually led to an aborted suicide attempt. (He forgot to do it when someone offered him a glass of sherry.)" <-- Although morbid, LOL. Perhaps he can be SEE and impulsive, but ILEs are also known for their absent-mindedness, and he could have been Si-seeking then.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought he was IEE at one point, and I do see the reasonsing for thinking Se instead of Ne, but I definitely think creative Fi regardless. I can't see Fi PoLR at all, personally.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

this is called trying too hard to be Fe

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So? Is he credible? You jumped on board just 6 months ago and pretended you had credibility from before.
    Is this your first forum experience?

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I felt that Craig Ferguson was SEE too, for the longest time. But there's a very interesting character study done here: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...Craig-Ferguson, in which Krig the Viking, silverchris, and several others all believe Craig to be ILE. Craig seems to get along much better with Alpha celebrities as opposed to Gamma. Perhaps there was some confusion between SEE and ESE as a possibility for him. Poli had argued against ILE, but then claimed that the forum consensus anyway, then in 2010, was IEE, Ne-leading at least, not Se-leading. I'd suggest reading that thread, it's very interesting, but I think ILE is a very real possibility for Craig.
    If Ferguson isn't SEE, I'd sooner think IEE than ILE. He is skilled in Fi and has no evidence of Fi-POLR imo (or Fe-HA) and i am pretty sensitive to manifestations of both (in that i truly dislike them). Who are the alpha celebs you are referring to, that he gets along with well? On the other hand, he is a favorite among the gammas here.

I do think that his humor tends to be of the Se/Ni variety though... contrast Jay Leno's style.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
    I thought he was IEE at one point, and I do see the reasonsing for thinking Se instead of Ne, but I definitely think creative Fi regardless. I can't see Fi PoLR at all, personally.

Thanks Slacker looks like we have a similar impression! sorry to be redundant, i didn't read through the entire thread before posting my reply above.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

LSI and go get a dual.

Who on Lord's planet voted for LSE? OMG!!!!
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html