Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IEIs-INFps, what does your Si role function look like?

Perpetual Confusion Machine PistolShrimp's Avatar
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default IEIs-INFps, what does your Si role function look like?

IEIs, what does your Si role look like in action? Do you have trouble focusing on your body and the present moment?

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not knowing what to do/say to get the desired effect. Eating snack food for energy and weird sleeping habits. Popping my joints excessively while i was younger.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Not knowing what to do/say to get the desired effect. Eating snack food for energy and weird sleeping habits. Popping my joints excessively while i was younger.
    These are actually reasonable signs of weak, unvalued Si.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I've only learned in recent years to even *notice* if I have a fever or feel sick. Meaning spending a day in bed feeling shitty and working out I'm sick at the end of it. For a while I kept a thermometer nearby and measured my temperature here and there to build up an understanding of what various subjective states meant.

Occasional derps in noticing a physical chain of events, eg: "if the pan handle that I am about to pick up has been over an open flame for a few minutes then it will be hot."

I can focus on the present moment but that's done more through, say, how vivid and awesome a colour looks than through how, iunno, blue I feel. The feelings are subjectively not processed via my body if that makes sense.

Strong hatred of japanese tea ceremony. Listening to one for a few seconds literally made me want to break stuff. One aim of said ceremony afaik is, in bastardised terms, a coalescence of one's active consciousness with one's gestures and environment. Inner stillness via identifying with graceful outer actions. (Not sure "identifying" is the right term since it implies ego but it'll do.)

Strong discomfort with listening to eg: meditative indian music with its expectation of "relaxing" me. Bitch imma relax when I want to let me mentally process this in peace.
    Reason is a whore.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fwiw, I wouldn't listen to meditative music either. If anything, I see other types go about convoluted or mystical ways to relax.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PistolShrimp View Post
    IEIs, what does your Si role look like in action? Do you have trouble focusing on your body and the present moment?
    yeah, i feel i'm never really "there" or in the moment. the immediate physical world is like a background to whatever's going on in my head. if i really want to experience something sensually i (or someone else) have to actively force myself to pay attention to it.

i often end up indulging in various near-neurotic behavior regarding my body and my health. for example i can get on these kicks where i spend massive amounts of time researching all the harmful effects of the ingredients in my beauty products, makeup, and toiletries, and then feeling like i have to buy expensive all-natural stuff to protect myself, and to feel & look better. i have sensitive skin prone to acne, so that is definitely a sore spot for me that often instigates some neurotic kind of behavior.

another example would be my weight. i always feel like i could lose some weight and there have been times in the past where i began an extremely strict (i.e. unsustainable) diet and exercise plan immediately because i was feeling gross/ugly/unhealthy and did end up losing weight, just not in the best or healthiest way.

i "have" to do certain things to feel comfortable and clean. i have long, time-consuming routines both for getting ready in the morning, and for getting ready for bed at night involving the application of many beauty products, cleansers, lotions/moisturizers, things to smell good, etc. (maybe this is just a girl thing though.)

i can relate to what @GuavaDrunk said about only just beginning to learn these seemingly basic things about how things effect me physically. e.g. i have only recently learned how important sleep is for me - apparently i need a good amount of it to not look tired (and it helps my skin to sleep a lot too.) i'm beginning to be a little pickier with food as i am only just beginning to understand how some it makes me feel better/worse than other kinds of food do. these days i pay more attention to possible symptoms of sickness; before i could go hours or even days without realizing that i probably had a cold. etc.

basically i have a hard time establishing a stable sense of feeling naturally, physically comfortable in my own skin. but i try really hard to. i almost can't help it.

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glam View Post
    basically i have a hard time establishing a stable sense of feeling naturally, physically comfortable in my own skin. but i try really hard to. i almost can't help it.
    I think that's a good way of putting it. For whatever reason not processing or relating to things through one's body, ignoring that potential. And hence not (naturally, as in it has to be learned) relating to one's body either. Possibly not caring about that beyond sheer everyday functioning.

Rick mentioned on his website a tendency in (theory that?) people who use their Base function a lot in everyday life to take up hobbies involving their Role in comparatively simple activities. I used to row during school and have many memories of just absorbing myself in the feel of the situation, environment, what my body was doing and how smoothly I could get it to move. Polishing my technique without hurry, until it shone. (Note: This was all in a single scull.) Rowing requires a stupid amount of repeating the same movement so it's basically not that complicated and leaves you free to do whatever coughdaydreamcough once you have the basics down. Anyone else notice that kind of hobby?

Another thing that may be related, the instinctive way I learn complicated sequences of movements. I stumble through creating muscle memory of what I want to do and *then* put it all together and.. basically forget about it. Learn just enough to get by and then get back to the overall problem of what to do tactically speaking. Meaning a lack of awareness of what my body does *during* a whole dance or whatnot.

This applies to most any physical skill like using a video game controller or learning a dancing or martial arts movement. Exceptions are activities where life experience hath provided already.

I've learned to mentate about what I'm doing physically over time which accelerates the process a lot. Actually got that from rowing. \o/
    Reason is a whore.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by octo View Post
    I can't do moderation, moderation is for pussies.
    Fuck yeah
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

Marxist Ne’er-do-well Red Villain's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-SLI/ xNTJ
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's like I have a snooze button on my bodily needs.
    Excellent wording.
    "We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.".

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm very bad at dance routines and making things look smooth, if I have to concentrate on more than one body part at a time. I'm good with muscle memory though, and like GD, I like to space out and let muscle memory take over. I think that has to do with other functions more than the other stuff I described above.
    A lot of stuff you said is foreign to me, but I want to say dancing isn't type related. I suck at it too.. but in my case, a lot of the anxiety and being uncomfortable in my skin is social. I shut down in certain settings (like a club, for sure).

TIM
    IEI-Fe e4 458 Sx
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stray View Post
    A lot of stuff you said is foreign to me, but I want to say dancing isn't type related. I suck at it too.. but in my case, a lot of the anxiety and being uncomfortable in my skin is social. I shut down in certain settings (like a club, for sure).
    But being Si or Se could help with dancing. Kinda like you get a better starting position. If you never practice, of course you'll somewhat suck.
    "Use every ounce of potential you have, raise revolution against what people expect of you, and tell the world this is not a rehearsal. This is the real me. And listen up, ‘cause it could be the most honest incarnation yet."

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aivonua nainini View Post
    But being Si or Se could help with dancing. Kinda like you get a better starting position. If you never practice, of course you'll somewhat suck.
    I've always thought of it as an expressive activity more than sensing (and maybe as far as Si types go, ESEs and SEIs would definitely be more into it). It gives me the same kind of misgivings as being merely participatory in parties.

Yet I know I don't have problems with sensing. I could be at a lake party or something and freeze up if people are drinking and dancing around. Being asked to do that is the worst thing. Yet, I might crawl up a cliff and jump off or swim far into the lake and back before I tire myself.

TIM
    IEI-Fe e4 458 Sx
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, I wasn't talking about social dancing either.
    "Use every ounce of potential you have, raise revolution against what people expect of you, and tell the world this is not a rehearsal. This is the real me. And listen up, ‘cause it could be the most honest incarnation yet."

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, social dancing is foreign to me, I meant more like in dance classes with routines that involve lots of precise hand and foot placements. If my left foot is out of sight, I forget to point it, that sort of thing. It drives my teachers crazy, they always say things like, "That was great but POINT YOUR TOES"...
    OK, I see what you mean. And Aivo is right, I haven't really tried, but I can't see myself having a prob with that specifically. I could transfer the experience of precise movements to other things I do or learned easily.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa Rob View Post
    Excellent wording.
    Yeah I was going to quote that too

Under cerulean skies...

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO both IEI and ILI often have an emphasis on sensuality in their behaviour, clothes, movements. The role is not something that is lacking, it's more of a way to present yourself to the world I think.

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stray View Post
    A lot of stuff you said is foreign to me, but I want to say dancing isn't type related.
    I have had dancing as a hobby for many years (social dancing: salsa etc.) I do think it is type related to some extent: The best dancers are Se-Ni. Dance teachers are surprisingly often EIE or SLE. I know an extremly good dancer who is ILI.

I don't think dancing necessarily is a sensing thing, or have to be. It's often an Ni thing.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I vacilate alot on stuff like diet, grooming, self-care habits. It's hard for me keep up with those things, because I'm ing in my head, to be bothered with the shit around me.... is an internal nag to me not something that I revel in at every oportunity like a SXI would.

examples???

It's hard for me to decide exactly what I want in the supermarket - where their are many choices of food - especially if it's the same item, I walk out a lot without buying anything. I have a much easier time picking clothes that look good on me because I've learnt the power of color using it to complement my natural complexion via the 12 blueprints color analysis. I guess you can learn very effective ways to deal with your role!

I don't know if this is related more to Te-polr or the combination of my super-ego but I have had a difficult time budgeting myself since living alone. I had plenty of money for food last month but I ended up eating ramen and coffee for 10 days at the end because I spent all my money in the first week stupidly. My mum who's creative has really helped me out with advice... for one thing I'm buying all the non-perishable essentials right at the beginning of the month, saved money so far.. but we're only on day 5.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have sensitive skin prone to acne, so that is definitely a sore spot for me that often instigates some neurotic kind of behavior.
    Have you tried a diet? What you eat can make a lot of difference. My skin is also prone to acne, and for myself I've found that food makes a huge difference. Basically, to counter acne you need to avoid eggs, milk products, chocolate, meat, and everything that contains saturated fats. Anything fried in oil will contain a lot of those, so bascially it's best to stick to raw, boiled, and grilled foods. Fruit and vegetables is the healthiest thing you can and should consume in abundant quantities, the more raw and less processed the better. Organic is preferred, of course. Also, avoid hot drinks and spicy foods, as they will irritate your skin. And if I could pick one single thing, I'd say STAY AWAY FROM MAYONNAISE.

There are probably a lot of online sources at this time and age to guide you in the right direction, if you're willing to try this approach. The potential benefits are big, as your diet affects your health in general, not just your acne. When I was all covered in pimples during early puberty I tried lots of things, and (maybe somewhat surprisingly) having control over what I ate made the most difference. Many people think that acne is a skin problem, when it actually is just a manifestation of what's going on inside your body. So keep that in mind.

another example would be my weight. i always feel like i could lose some weight and there have been times in the past where i began an extremely strict (i.e. unsustainable) diet and exercise plan immediately because i was feeling gross/ugly/unhealthy and did end up losing weight, just not in the best or healthiest way.
    lol, I've done similar things as a teenager. IPs tend to look for the "quickest" way. Once I put myself on a self-prescribed apples-only diet for 5 or 6 days, and I literally only consumed apples and water. I cleansed my skin and got rid of some toxins in my body, but I was like a walking zombie during that week. Barely had the energy to walk around the house or talk.

maybe this is just a girl thing though.
    This, I think.

i have a hard time establishing a stable sense of feeling naturally, physically comfortable in my own skin.
    Me too. Kinda. But for me the only reason is laziness. Haha.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ I now know that being base doesn't equal superior knowledge in nutrition then.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GuavaDrunk View Post
    Strong discomfort with listening to eg: meditative indian music with its expectation of "relaxing" me. Bitch imma relax when I want to let me mentally process this in peace.

My SEI mom is super into that type of music, and whenever I hear it coming through the wall between her bedroom and mine, I compulsively reach for my headphones.

yeah, i feel i'm never really "there" or in the moment. the immediate physical world is like a background to whatever's going on in my head. if i really want to experience something sensually i (or someone else) have to actively force myself to pay attention to it.

i often end up indulging in various near-neurotic behavior regarding my body and my health. for example i can get on these kicks where i spend massive amounts of time researching all the harmful effects of the ingredients in my beauty products, makeup, and toiletries, and then feeling like i have to buy expensive all-natural stuff to protect myself, and to feel & look better. i have sensitive skin prone to acne, so that is definitely a sore spot for me that often instigates some neurotic kind of behavior.

I can really relate to the neuroses surrounding skin issues, having dealt with bad acne myself since puberty. I too use all natural products after having done research on things like parabens. I also adopted a strict diet after reading about certain foods that can cause acne, even when I wasn't sure if they caused mine; turns out, my skin looks better when I eat lots of cane sugar, ice cream and fruit and drink coffee with milk every day than it ever did on a strict diet. It'd be interesting if this type of thing were related to type; my body has always felt more like a nuisance than something to be enjoyed. More often than not I'll be thinking, "C'mon now, body, behave already!"

Rick mentioned on his website a tendency in (theory that?) people who use their Base function a lot in everyday life to take up hobbies involving their Role in comparatively simple activities. I used to row during school and have many memories of just absorbing myself in the feel of the situation, environment, what my body was doing and how smoothly I could get it to move. Polishing my technique without hurry, until it shone. (Note: This was all in a single scull.) Rowing requires a stupid amount of repeating the same movement so it's basically not that complicated and leaves you free to do whatever coughdaydreamcough once you have the basics down. Anyone else notice that kind of hobby?
    This is not so much a hobby, but I find myself enjoying a bit of simple, repetitive physical work. I work at a bakery, and enjoy letting my body go on autopilot there, arranging trays of cookies in simple patterns and folding bakery boxes while my mind wanders.

Every once in a while I go on a crazy diet. I can't do moderation, moderation is for pussies. I think this might be related to Se vs Si valuing more than specifically Si-role.
    Not sure if Se vs. Si because my SLE dad likes to say "Everything in moderation" re: diet, while my SEI mom is an extremely picky vegetarian. I do crazy all-out diets too, more to gain weight than to lose it though. I'll eat pints of ice cream at a time when I can afford it.

I'm very bad at dance routines and making things look smooth, if I have to concentrate on more than one body part at a time. I'm good with muscle memory though, and like GD, I like to space out and let muscle memory take over. I think that has to do with other functions more than the other stuff I described above.
    Same here. I'm forcing myself to take a burlesque dancing course to get better at this, and am nervous as all fuck to start.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    lol, I've done similar things as a teenager. IPs tend to look for the "quickest" way. Once I put myself on a self-prescribed apples-only diet for 5 or 6 days, and I literally only consumed apples and water. I cleansed my skin and got rid of some toxins in my body, but I was like a walking zombie during that week. Barely had the energy to walk around the house or talk.
    Just a side note: This sentence reminded me of Steve Jobs' Biography. Are you two related?

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ozz View Post
    Just a side note: This sentence reminded me of Steve Jobs' Biography. Are you two related?
    LOL, I don't believe we are. But I guess it's in the nature of successful people to be self-disciplined and do radical things.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rick mentioned on his website a tendency in (theory that?) people who use their Base function a lot in everyday life to take up hobbies involving their Role in comparatively simple activities. I used to row during school and have many memories of just absorbing myself in the feel of the situation, environment, what my body was doing and how smoothly I could get it to move. Polishing my technique without hurry, until it shone. (Note: This was all in a single scull.) Rowing requires a stupid amount of repeating the same movement so it's basically not that complicated and leaves you free to do whatever coughdaydreamcough once you have the basics down. Anyone else notice that kind of hobby?/
    yeah fascinating! I took up knitting, spinning and weaving as hobbies. ALL of which have that not-so-complicated-once-you-know-how-to-do-it quality. I can knit socks and daydream at the same time. Mindless but yet you're creating something!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Si role - Eating food thats been thrown in the trash, because it hasnt touched anything else yet, and because you cant stand it when your Si-ego roommate wastes good food.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Si role - Eating food thats been thrown in the trash, because it hasnt touched anything else yet, and because you cant stand it when your Si-ego roommate wastes good food.
    I'm pretty certain that's not the case with Si Role. That sounds much more basing ones decisions on a fundamental concept of how things should be "to not waste food."

"I will not waste food and I don't think others should" so the person will do things around them to tailor suit this belief.

Diam0nd's post is right on.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diam0nd View Post
    I don't know if this is related more to Te-polr or the combination of my super-ego but I have had a difficult time budgeting myself since living alone. I had plenty of money for food last month but I ended up eating ramen and coffee for 10 days at the end because I spent all my money in the first week stupidly. My mum who's creative has really helped me out with advice... for one thing I'm buying all the non-perishable essentials right at the beginning of the month, saved money so far.. but we're only on day 5.
    Budgeting and Te aren't related; I know LSE who are the WORSE at finance. Find food pantries near by; take advantage of the government assisted food programs. People like me don't pay a shit ton of taxes so people can starve. I refuse to let that happen.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    People like me don't pay a shit ton of taxes so people can starve. I refuse to let that happen.
    yeah try 49K last year. IN TAXES ALONE. NOT INCLUDING PROPERTY TAXES. Nobody had better be starving. lol
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

some things that come to mind... being strictly aware of what I should wear in a certain environment, based on the mood I associate with it, while having difficulty finding the best combination, which usually leads to a black shirt or polo, so I try to isolate the most basic categories.

another thing that octo and guava touched on -- wanting to program my body. I've come to find a solid hybrid between psytrance, nicotine, meditation and old black-and-white films (this is more related to the above, weaving different eras' moods into each other) to hardwire myself in both a grimly realistic and spiritually tempered way. it's also partly why I did so much lsd at once, I wanted to 'swallow the serpent' so to say, kind of like a backwards cleansing process; and so is it that thoughts and moods become dominoes, and I can expend less energy effecting or stabilizing an entire inner experience based on the smallest details. this may be why I preferred martial arts over other sports. for one, it was purely self-driven, but also a nice blend of scientific repetition and artistic finesse, which kind of unfurled into its own with enough technical honing.

Another thing that may be related, the instinctive way I learn complicated sequences of movements. I stumble through creating muscle memory of what I want to do and *then* put it all together and.. basically forget about it. Learn just enough to get by and then get back to the overall problem of what to do tactically speaking. Meaning a lack of awareness of what my body does *during* a whole dance or whatnot.
    definitely relate to this. my LSI trainer and I used to really enjoy using the punching mitts. he would just say what we were gonna do and within the first few sequences it would be perfected.

Quote Originally Posted by Nowisthetime View Post
    IMO both IEI and ILI often have an emphasis on sensuality in their behaviour, clothes, movements. The role is not something that is lacking, it's more of a way to present yourself to the world I think.
    can't say this isn't true either. no matter what, I'm always bound by some kind of grim nostalgia to the reflection, like I would drain my body if it meant securing the stage. 3dom mainly, but Si gives it this tactile precariousness, where being struck by the minutest sensory detail sparks a mirrored hallway of haunting voices and hollowed out screams of entrails.

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    I know LSE who are the WORSE at finance. Find food pantries near by; take advantage of the government assisted food programs.
    lmao
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    can't say this isn't true either. no matter what, I'm always bound by some kind of grim nostalgia to the reflection, like I would drain my body if it meant securing the stage. 3dom mainly, but Si gives it this tactile precariousness, where being struck by the minutest sensory detail sparks a mirrored hallway of haunting voices and hollowed out screams of entrails.
    Lol I remember jadae once talking about certain stimuli triggering a feeling of being engulfed in silence that I related a lot to in terms of weak/insecure Si. It's like I have to walk on the edge of the razor of my internal states, because to not push would mean wallowing, and yet to bring my surroundings into alignment causes an upwelling of hollow desperation.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, sometimes I'll try to consciously 'come to,' as if somehow reality is showing itself in basic form by my tuning out all 'irrelevant' thoughts and feelings, which then only builds a sense of sterile desolation, and leads back to lateral drifting, which can justify itself at times, but is more like blindly dying than sadly living. the whole spiel has always left me pissed off and somewhere between the mindset of a CEO and suicidal music teacher, and is only ever tempered by this kind of primitive neutrality that, with the help of hallucinogens, reminds me I'm already dead anyhow, and I might as well game for its own sake, rather than be pulled into delusive notions of winning or losing, and the false dreams they keep afloat.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, sometimes I'll try to consciously 'come to,' as if somehow reality is showing itself in basic form by my tuning out all 'irrelevant' thoughts and feelings, which then only builds a sense of sterile desolation, and leads back to lateral drifting, which can justify itself at times, but is more like blindly dying than sadly living. the whole spiel has always left me pissed off and somewhere between the mindset of a CEO and suicidal music teacher, and is only ever tempered by this kind of primitive neutrality that, with the help of hallucinogens, reminds me I'm already dead anyhow, and I might as well game for its own sake, rather than be pulled into delusive notions of winning or losing, and the false dreams they keep afloat.
    <3 this

Its frustrating, but also offers a kind of reassurance. At least it forces perspective.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember the first time it happened. It began as an almost pleasant thing, like I could check out for a moment, press semi-pause on life for a while, take a step back. Then I became slowly addicted, like it had been hunting me all along and slowly forced me to realize that I had no choice. Then followed my attempts at vindication and total incorporation, which spawned a lot of neuroses but also a lot of comprehension, and ultimately completed the circle for the first time somewhere around 20. Since then the cycles come quicker and quicker, and are growing more or less irrelevant, besides being reminders. They are unpredictable though, sometimes I don't recognize that I'm being preyed upon by myself for a whole day at a time, and thats shitty.

It does help to know you have an anchor, I'll say that much. Its narcissistic to over-emphasize, though.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

To me, Si role in the IEI translates to the IEI's tendency in trying to make other people comfortable but it doesn't come out quite as organic as when the lookalike, SEI does it.

So it's more projected outward than something inner focused. It's a role.

Do you have trouble focusing on your body and the present moment?
    Not certain that something like this is even type related at all. You're probably thinking of IEI as being more "Faggy and physically weak" then we really are or something... like I can understand how you would get that perception but it's a stereotype. =p

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Not certain that something like this is even type related at all. You're probably thinking of IEI as being more "Faggy and physically weak" then we really are or something... like I can understand how you would get that perception but it's a stereotype. =p
    It might not be type related, sure. I was just wondering if valuing Ni, which tends toward abstraction and a focus on patterns over time, makes focusing on Si things like physical comfort and the present situation challenging, because you can't use both functions at the same time according to Socionics (if my understanding is correct). I don't think IEIs are weak at all.

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

this may be why I preferred martial arts over other sports. for one, it was purely self-driven, but also a nice blend of scientific repetition and artistic finesse, which kind of unfurled into its own with enough technical honing.
    Nice.

BnD: Trouble focusing on one's body (or lack of wish to ) and the present moment not obligatorily = to physical weakness.
    Reason is a whore.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Guess I misunderstood. Sorry. =D

TIM
    IXI sx/so
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My SEI mom is super into that type of music, and whenever I hear it coming through the wall between her bedroom and mine, I compulsively reach for my headphones.

I can really relate to the neuroses surrounding skin issues, having dealt with bad acne myself since puberty. I too use all natural products after having done research on things like parabens. I also adopted a strict diet after reading about certain foods that can cause acne, even when I wasn't sure if they caused mine; turns out, my skin looks better when I eat lots of cane sugar, ice cream and fruit and drink coffee with milk every day than it ever did on a strict diet. It'd be interesting if this type of thing were related to type; my body has always felt more like a nuisance than something to be enjoyed. More often than not I'll be thinking, "C'mon now, body, behave already!"

This is not so much a hobby, but I find myself enjoying a bit of simple, repetitive physical work. I work at a bakery, and enjoy letting my body go on autopilot there, arranging trays of cookies in simple patterns and folding bakery boxes while my mind wanders.

Not sure if Se vs. Si because my SLE dad likes to say "Everything in moderation" re: diet, while my SEI mom is an extremely picky vegetarian. I do crazy all-out diets too, more to gain weight than to lose it though. I'll eat pints of ice cream at a time when I can afford it.

Same here. I'm forcing myself to take a burlesque dancing course to get better at this, and am nervous as all fuck to start.
    I also totally love letting my body go on autopilot whilst I ponder. I used to take walks around the edge of the porch or sit on the swings when we had them in our backyard. God I miss those swings...

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Weak Si for me mostly takes the form of diffuse and vague memories, feelings, and perceptions that lack in specificity and concreteness. Reading between the lines. Passively searching for what's implicit, what wasn't overly shown or expressed. Absorbing themes and contexts, discarding the actual individual perceptions that came along with them after they have been 'summed up' into themes by Ni. Perceiving what could be rather than what directly is. Feeling "at home" when the situation is vaguely defined, when there is little information to go by, when conversation is understated and fewer words are exchanged. Filling in the gaps if needed.

Si-leading and to some extent Si-activating types in contrast seem to have rather concrete, solidified inner perceptions. There is no diffusion and blending of their perceptions, no intuitive 'smearing' in how they comprehend written material. When they express themselves, it makes them sound more confident of their perceptions and experiences than Ni-valuers. And they don't want anyone else encroaching on those experiences.

esper also made an interesting post comparing Si-valuing to valuing "inner stability": http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ted-sensing-Si

This I see as innately different from what Si is seeking, a difference in the way they walk and talk and think, in what they desire out of life. They seem to approach stimulai with a desire to create a sense of "okayness" (which is all good and dandy for them), while I desire to create a definite sense of stimulation in one direction or another, not content with just internal stability and feeling rather frustrated by it after a time. They can wallow in environments where there is not alot of definite stimulation one way or another and still be present to the situation and active in it, which I admire them for and wish I could be content with; in such a situation, I feel like I am drowning, and must escape.
    That is how I feel, too. If there is no external stimulation, no activity around me, I start to shut down, feel bored and disengaged. I've noticed that Si/Ne types are able to create this kind of engagement and stimulation in each other through conversation. A fine day spent talking. This is fine initially but over the long run starts to feel dull to me, like a distant hum of a neighborhood highway, since nothing happens beyond the discussion. I end up feeling restless and jittery from all the energy that I've built up that finds no outlet through the mere interplay of words.

Things I've seen attributed to Si that are NOT role Si related imo:
    - Enjoying cooking/being able to cook. I'm acquainted with an IEI and an ILI both of whom love to cook and show off their signature dishes if they have guests (both of them are sp/so coincidentally).
    - Becoming aware of falling sick. I feel it right away if my temperature is slightly elevated and my throat is getting sore, and take steps to recover quicker e.g. leave for home earlier to get more rest, dress warmer, eat more fruits and veggies, etc. I suspect this has more to do with devalued self-preservation instinct of so/sx and sx/so stackings than Si.
    - Weird sleeping habits. I remember posting about this in of the ILI threads and Park replied that he has the same issue, but there is hardly anyone who would disagree with his SLI self-typing. Having lived with Si egos I've noted that they can have wonky sleeping schedules.
    - Poor dietary habits. I've known many Si egos who wouldn't watch what they eat, eat junk food or not check the ingredients, and it would be me pointing this out to them.
    - Kinesthetic synesthesia. Sometimes I get physical sensations from how something feels, like a concept or some string of words, and it helps me to remember it better. Not related to Si afaik.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast