Thread: EIEs..

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe that Gilly mentioned in another thread, that if he did not work 50 hours a week, he would set up a live video feed so that the forum could worship his penis. Gilly has deep wisdom. Yoda, Ghandi, and Saint Patrick must all be EIEs too.

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Note for the Record: Octo specifically supports the GillyDickCam!!!

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

Creepy-pokeball

Leave me out of this =(

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    I believe that Gilly mentioned in another thread, that if he did not work 50 hours a week, he would set up a live video feed so that the forum could worship his penis. Gilly has deep wisdom. Yoda, Ghandi, and Saint Patrick must all be EIEs too.
    Relevance check...?

And yes @Starfall I do think EIEs tend to give good personal advice, especially when it comes to relationships and generally dealing with people. IEIs too, although yo kind of have to coax it out of them. I think all NFs are generally good at giving people general advice to steer their internal lives in the right direction, but Delta NFs tend to give very "safe" advice. Which is good for Delta STs, because they can come on way too strong sometimes and tend to be very literal with things, and Beta NFs tend to do their best, most direct communication on a pseudo-metaphorical level, which I think would often get taken the wrong way by Delta STs. With Beta STs, however, I think the kind of natural poetic manner in which Beta NFs express their own sentiments and impressions gives a kind of sheen of grandiosity and importance to things that might otherwise seem banal in their "objective" mindset, but are actually important to them, almost like Beta NFs' grandiosity confirms the hesitant nature of Beta STs to place their emotional eggs in an emotional basket.

I've noticed a pattern with my advice, it's weird: a lot of the time it's not just advice for the immediate situation, but the path it leads down, and what that path winds up bringing out in the person who takes it. When I give people advice, it's usually not so that they can solve their obvious problems, or make the best of the most immediate situation, but so that they can grow from them. And it's not like I deliberately do this; when I give someone advice, I'm trying to help them, I'm telling them what I think is the best thing to do in their situation, but I am going with my gut reaction to their situation first and foremost, not necessarily strategizing it to the T (I can do that if prompted ut its not really my MO) but going with what strikes me as generally the best path to go down. I guess you could say I give good developmental advice rather than good situational advice.

On a related note, strrrng once made the observation that I tend to "keep it real," not in the sense that I am always "keeping it real" in my every-day persona and I don't bullshit and yada yada yada, but in that I make sure it "gets kept real;" I never allow things that cause tension or are not being represented fully truthfully to go unsaid or stay below the surface for too long. I think that is at the heart of a lot of my advice: when I get to know someone a little better, I have a really innate sense of what people are hiding from in themselves or are not dealing with, things that they keep below the surface, and while people tend to come to me usually with specific problems that are more immediate, my advice is generally geared towards making the most of that situation developmentally.
    Last edited by Gilly; 06-01-2012 at 07:59 PM.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh and if octo wants to see my weener, she is going to have to deviously make me break up with my girlfriend.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Relevance check...?

And yes @Starfall I do think EIEs tend to give good personal advice, especially when it comes to relationships and generally dealing with people. IEIs too, although yo kind of have to coax it out of them. I think all NFs are generally good at giving people general advice to steer their internal lives in the right direction, but Delta NFs tend to give very "safe" advice. Which is good for Delta STs, because they can come on way too strong sometimes and tend to be very literal with things, and Beta NFs tend to do their best, most direct communication on a pseudo-metaphorical level, which I think would often get taken the wrong way by Delta STs.

I've noticed a pattern with my advice, it's weird: a lot of the time it's not just advice for the immediate situation, but the path it leads down, and what that path winds up bringing out in the person who takes it. When I give people advice, it's usually not so that they can solve their obvious problems, or make the best of the most immediate situation, but so that they can grow from them. And it's not like I deliberately do this; when I give someone advice, I'm trying to help them, I'm telling them what I think is the best thing to do in their situation, but I am going with my gut reaction to their situation first and foremost, not necessarily strategizing it to the T (I can do that if prompted ut its not really my MO) but going with what strikes me as generally the best path to go down. I guess you could say I give good developmental advice rather than good situational advice.

On a related note, strrrng once made the observation that I tend to "keep it real," not in the sense that I am always "keeping it real" in my every-day persona and I don't bullshit and yada yada yada, but in that I make sure it "gets kept real;" I never allow things that cause tension or are not being represented fully truthfully to go unsaid or stay below the surface for too long. I think that is at the heart of a lot of my advice: when I get to know someone a little better, I have a really innate sense of what people are hiding from in themselves or are not dealing with, things that they keep below the surface, and while people tend to come to me usually with specific problems that are more immediate, my advice is generally geared towards making the most of that situation developmentally.
    this is perfectly stated. I also feel like I know what people are hiding once I get to know them. But I only very rarely share it. The person really has to yank it out of me. I guess because I assume that people don't want my advice unless they pester me. I also always take the long view. Forest>trees.

edit: that's not exactly the right image. Hmmm. I do feel like I can see the big picture better than most. But it's more of a big picture over extended time, not just right now. One's whole life rather than just these next two months. Or something like that.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think EIEs think they give the best advice anyway.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
    lol
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You would probably think your advice was good too if people told you so all the time.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do have people tell me my advice is good, very frequently. And I've gotten a ton of unwanted advice from an EIE that IMO wasn't very good.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do have people tell me my advice is good, very frequently.
    Ok.

And I've gotten a ton of unwanted advice from an EIE that IMO wasn't very good.
    Well some people are dumb and abrasive and don't know when to shut the fuck up. Unfortunately a lot of them are EIEs.

Maybe it should be: SMART EIEs give good advice.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL.

Smart people in general might give good advice though. I don't think good advice giving is type related.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to admit that some of the EIEs I know have really giving great advice, sometimes with a few words. It's like they can cut to the core of the issue and say something in such a way that it makes an impact.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I think a lot of it comes from the fact that we are good at wording things the way we feel them. Though I think IEIs are even more precise in that sense.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gilly is my mentor. I have developed emotionally thanks to his pertinent advice. He should start an online counseling business. I am an SLI, I state facts.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently, the only ones who ever listen to my advice are SLEs. but they're some of the only ones I give advice to, since I talk more when I'm around them than when I'm around other types. But usually I don't even realize I'm giving them advice! And then they'll come back and say "I did what you suggested" and I'll say "Huh? what are you talking about" lol
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    Give the best advice ever.

Anyone else agree?
    Not at all. In my experience the people who give good advice are the intelligent ones and intelligence has nothing to do with type.
    Easy Day

"Cool Mafia Godfather" ~SLE Leader's Avatar
    TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    this is perfectly stated. I also feel like I know what people are hiding once I get to know them. But I only very rarely share it. The person really has to yank it out of me. I guess because I assume that people don't want my advice unless they pester me. I also always take the long view. Forest>trees.

edit: that's not exactly the right image. Hmmm. I do feel like I can see the big picture better than most. But it's more of a big picture over extended time, not just right now. One's whole life rather than just these next two months. Or something like that.
    Sounds cool...I'd like someone who could help me with this....if it were possible. But its not.

"Cool Mafia Godfather" ~SLE Leader's Avatar
    TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Relevance check...?

And yes @Starfall I do think EIEs tend to give good personal advice, especially when it comes to relationships and generally dealing with people. IEIs too, although yo kind of have to coax it out of them. I think all NFs are generally good at giving people general advice to steer their internal lives in the right direction, but Delta NFs tend to give very "safe" advice. Which is good for Delta STs, because they can come on way too strong sometimes and tend to be very literal with things, and Beta NFs tend to do their best, most direct communication on a pseudo-metaphorical level, which I think would often get taken the wrong way by Delta STs. With Beta STs, however, I think the kind of natural poetic manner in which Beta NFs express their own sentiments and impressions gives a kind of sheen of grandiosity and importance to things that might otherwise seem banal in their "objective" mindset, but are actually important to them, almost like Beta NFs' grandiosity confirms the hesitant nature of Beta STs to place their emotional eggs in an emotional basket.

Lol you're talking in Ni and it makes you sound like you don't know wtf you're talking about....

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah that makes sense for EIEs. the several I've been close with have always found a way to mirror my inner states in an honest and thematically relevant manner, which helps me focus on taking concrete action without draining personal meaning. how the latter tends to hang over things for IEIs is why they're good at passively guiding the latent reactivity of SLEs by addressing nuances in a way they can relate to without feeling like their ground has been destabilized. the more direct and aggressive nature of EIEs advice counteracts the mechanized repression LSIs develop as a result of being nailed down to their situational structures, clarifying the line between principle and personal commitment. but this all ties back to the kind of advice EIEs need deep down: a bitch slap.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

IEIs too, although yo kind of have to coax it out of them.
    I give good advice and people come to me for advice but yeah, I'm really introverted and I don't feel comfortable just like telling people what to do or something.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agee The Great View Post
    Lol you're talking in Ni and it makes you sound like you don't know wtf you're talking about....
    Huh?

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    yeah that makes sense for EIEs. the several I've been close with have always found a way to mirror my inner states in an honest and thematically relevant manner, which helps me focus on taking concrete action without draining personal meaning. how the latter tends to hang over things for IEIs is why they're good at passively guiding the latent reactivity of SLEs by addressing nuances in a way they can relate to without feeling like their ground has been destabilized. the more direct and aggressive nature of EIEs advice counteracts the mechanized repression LSIs develop as a result of being nailed down to their situational structures, clarifying the line between principle and personal commitment. but this all ties back to the kind of advice EIEs need deep down: a bitch slap.
    lol it's true. LSIs need to be shaken up once in a while, but EIEs need to be checked and kept in their place or they just go megalomaniacal/become too self-important.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    I give good advice and people come to me for advice but yeah, I'm really introverted and I don't feel comfortable just like telling people what to do or something.
    yeah, it can be hard for me to give advice even when asked. it's like being told to repeat a sequence of notes when the song has already transitioned to another. while a person is conveying some experience, I'll find myself watching how they're creating a similar pattern in that moment, so it becomes more like tracing the asymptote of a graph than connecting dots. but that's why it's easier to give advice to SLEs, they just reference concrete aspects in a disjointed manner so that their inner states can be better synced in with the situation's 'rhythm' without their control of it being undermined. they're also prone to bite if they sense you pushing too hard or being disingenuous.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All this oraculous spaced out past geometry near calculus Ni-talk is making my head hurt. Can't you guys speak like normal people?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

roll a doobie and enjoy the show, nigga.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone else agree?
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    All this oraculous spaced out past geometry near calculus Ni-talk is making my head hurt. Can't you guys speak like normal people?
    I did

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    yeah, it can be hard for me to give advice even when asked. it's like being told to repeat a sequence of notes when the song has already transitioned to another. while a person is conveying some experience, I'll find myself watching how they're creating a similar pattern in that moment, so it becomes more like tracing the asymptote of a graph than connecting dots. but that's why it's easier to give advice to SLEs, they just reference concrete aspects in a disjointed manner so that their inner states can be better synced in with the situation's 'rhythm' without their control of it being undermined. they're also prone to bite if they sense you pushing too hard or being disingenuous.
    god how do you do this

how do you make something so mundane sound like poetry

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    god how do you do this

how do you make something so mundane sound like poetry
    He refuses to understate what he sees and experiences

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when i grow up i want to be an ni-inxp

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know. They are gems.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae View Post
    I did
    That's correct. And what does that tell you?

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    That's correct. And what does that tell you?
    Unplanned pregnancy?

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae View Post
    Unplanned pregnancy?
    That's right. In Delta.

Marxist Ne’er-do-well Red Villain's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-SLI/ xNTJ
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone else agree?
    Nope.
    "We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.".

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Disagree. I'm always giving my EIE friend advice. But she's my beneficiary, sooo.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FoxOnStilts View Post
    Disagree. I'm always giving my EIE friend advice. But she's my beneficiary, sooo.
    If you're SLE and she's EIE, then she's your activity, not beneficiary. ?
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    If you're SLE and she's EIE, then she's your activity, not beneficiary. ?
    Huh, that's weird.