TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default ISFp observing things or solving things

Dear SEI,

Do you like solving things or observing things in cause and effect manner?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEI are dialectials. They are demon haunted artists. Thesis/Antithesis/Synthesis (I am not SEI... just reading the discription.)

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I don't understand this dialectics business, someone pls explain.

woofwoofl: Causal-Deterministic logic is sequential and positivist, in such a way that it doesn't branch out
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    IEI-Fe e4 458 Sx
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Do you like solving things or observing things in cause and effect manner?
    Give me an example I can imagine and I'll answer from my behalf.
    "Use every ounce of potential you have, raise revolution against what people expect of you, and tell the world this is not a rehearsal. This is the real me. And listen up, ‘cause it could be the most honest incarnation yet."

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't understand this dialectics business, someone pls explain.
    In short: A trend/idea (known as thesis) arises/manifests/is, opposition (antithesis) arises, the result (synthesis) is the combination of the latter two.

Aivo and I constantly observe this pattern ime.

It's also easily attached to Daoist philosophies.
    Last edited by Aquagraph; 05-31-2012 at 02:54 PM.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think cause and effect is the easiest way to study things. If then, then that. Exceptions are bothersome
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aivonua nainini View Post
    Give me an example I can imagine and I'll answer from my behalf.
    for example, you care and follow politics; a politician wants to pass a law curtailing abortion rights for women; do you begin to imagine why and how this person came to such a conclusion or not. If you're asked "why does this person want to do this?" what fashion does your explanation follow?
    -

TIM
    IEI-Fe e4 458 Sx
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for example, you care and follow politics; a politician wants to pass a law curtailing abortion rights for women; do you begin to imagine why and how this person came to such a conclusion or not.
    I can easily see why people come to such conclusions even if I don't relate to them on a personal level or accept their views or values. However, this might result from my long-term commitment to perceiving and understanding different views and reality tunnels. I like to play with the thought because it broadens my views, makes it easier to understand (and forgive) and gives me weapons against the people who I feel are harming their surroundings, but like said, I'm not sure if it's type related.
    "Use every ounce of potential you have, raise revolution against what people expect of you, and tell the world this is not a rehearsal. This is the real me. And listen up, ‘cause it could be the most honest incarnation yet."

TIM
    IEI-Fe e4 458 Sx
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Aivo and I constantly observe this pattern ime.
    Tell more about this, will you – because I don't know what you're talking about. Give examples! What am I doing? Eh eh?

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aivonua nainini View Post
    Tell more about this, will you – because I don't know what you're talking about. Give examples! What am I doing? Eh eh?
    I talked about mistakes and you questioned what is the essence of mistake seeing the world as a dynamic learning experience where people should be making mistakes in order to succeed eventually.

I think you see world as self-regulating and you can discern that states of affairs seek balance and harmony through extremities and polarities.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    IEI-Fe e4 458 Sx
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    I talked about mistakes and you questioned what is the essence of mistake seeing the world as a dynamic learning experience where people should be making mistakes in order to succeed eventually.
    Oh, super. Now I see. I love it when you know exactly how to explain things to me. I'm such a tool sometimes.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bitchez love Ti.

TIM
    IEI-Fe e4 458 Sx
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aww yea, baby. Give iT to me. Pound that hard white logic between my big juicy hemispheres. YOU BLOW MY MIND.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As long as I can have your pitch black ethics in return, doll.

Marxist Ne’er-do-well Red Villain's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-SLI/ xNTJ
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the dealings I've had with my roommate, they are curious creatures that like to know how things work. This alludes more to the inner workings of such things however, not so much the cause-effect relationship. The self-valorization of "common decency" usually overrides any consideration of palpable outcomes which more than once lands them into situations or relationships with bad outcomes but cannot break them. But I think this can be said of all creatives.
    "We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.".