Thread: In Which You're All Invited to Discuss My Typing

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default In Which You're All Invited to Discuss My Typing

I'm fairly certain that there is group consensus on my type, but I thought that since I've been around for a while now that I'd open it up for discussion. And I'm really bored. I don't mind making a video, but give me some questions to answer. Or just ask me questions and don't worry with the video.

And, of course, pictures. I have way more if for whatever reason you need them, too (No, not nudes. Get outta here, BG):

IEE on the left; I'm in the tie.
    In the background; in the grey.
    On the right; I'd hope you could figure that out.
    Unaware I'm on camera; seriously the photographer was a football field away
    Milled wine is good; my hat is better.
    Still in the christmas spirit; I stole those antlers.
    In the red; again, duh.

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like your cheekbones.
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by octo View Post
    Haha, you shameless attention whore I want a female ILE best friend, you look so fun!
    Oh hush, I'm bored. Leave me to my fun, woman!

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FoxOnStilts View Post
    Oh hush, I'm bored. Leave me to my fun, woman!
    I really don't know shit about logical females. Are there threads where you talk about yourself? I don't really want to discuss your type but I would love to learn more about how to identify female logical types from you. Could you perhaps describe yourself or something?
    Easy Day

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi you're still ne-ile 7w6 sx/sp yes okay

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I've very certain and I have no doubt, whatsoever, that you have Ne in your base block, this is because on several occasions you ignore Ni in favor of Ne and because using Ne, you are excited, attracted to ideas and are able to extrapolate meanings from people beyond what they say about themselves (kind of like deductive thinking); you are also good at bringing more than one idea together, as Slater and I do, and merging these ideas in exploration of another idea. I type your secondary function (and only one that is less strong than the base function) as Fi. Because how you feel is more important than how the world sees things, making you more inward directed with regards to your feelings, but you also have Fe demonstrative, which can come off more like Fe mobilizing, because both can look alike, as in, you can use Fe effectively in either spot;

Fi allows the IEE to make friends when they are at certain places, like workplace or forums, or other clubs than allows the person to drift apart once they move on to another place so it's not static, but more reliant on a situational basis.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa
    lol you're so Fi and make friends super easily everywhere you go
    I'm still trying to figure out where you come to the conclusion that I'm Fi. It's very clear that I am Fe-seeking, especially if you look in that Love Languages thread, and I'm not Ti-polr nor am I Te-DS. I'd love for you to point out places you see those, though, especially since everyone else feels it's impossible for me to ever be considered any kind of ethical.

And being able to be friendly =/= being able to make friends. I have a terrible time making friends; most of my friends are people I've known for years who latched onto me for some unknown reason. Again, I don't make friends. Friends make me. I don't make moves, I can't tell distance, I don't know how to have small talk, I don't know when I can all someone up and ask them to hang out. I need to be outright told, "Hey, I like you, I'll call you so we can hang out sometime." or "I'd love it if you could come to xyz, because you're fun to have around." Notice the personal compliment in there. If they just invite me somewhere, I'll read into it too heavily, and conclude that they were just doing that because they felt that they had to rather than they wanted me there and not go.

I have people I talk to on here, but no one that I talk to off-forum, so I don't think that qualifies as friends? Same for offline. I live in a house of 20 people, but I can't bring myself to so much as cook if anyone else is in the kitchen because I dread doing anything around/in front of someone and generally avoid conversation at all with any of them, despite the fact that we've talked and hung out before and they seem to be very decent people. I also have people from school that I know in class and in lab that I can talk to if I need anything related to school, but only one person that I would call up and ask if he wanted to go get coffee, and who I will continue to talk to after I leave this place (IEI, coincidentally).

Even he is just a friend because he kept asking me to do things. If anything, I've made more enemies than friends. My college (colleges are groups inside the university, sort of like Hogwarts Houses from Harry Potter) has completely alienated me, for instance..

Additionally, I do not like to "drift apart once they move on to another place". Again, I have five people I can consider friends. Five. I make an effort to talk to them even though they're 4,000 miles away. Even still, it seems, for all of them except one, when I'm out of sight, I'm out of mind and no one even bothers to pick up a phone. So out of the five friends I have, I've only talked to one in the past four months, and that's just because he lives in the same town and we're doing work together. I'm at the point where I just can't be bothered to care to try and talk to them anymore, despite the fact that I know when I get back to town, they'll want to hang out often. Yet apparently they can't even pick up the phone, so I'm torn on where to go with this.

I could go through and make a list of people I've come into contact with or people that I am acquainted with here and, because I have no idea what is "okay" in terms of making moves with people and have no idea what differing levels of personal distance are (you're either a close friend I can call or someone that I don't talk to at all), but in no way can I be described as "easily able to make friends" in any situation. I'm sure you'll be able to twist this around somehow to fit what you just said or fit how you perceive Fi, but do not tell me it's easy for me to make friends wherever I go. It's a sore spot for me at the moment; I have no personal agency in the "friend making" department.

Luckily for me, however, I am dating someone who compensates for this. He is great at small-talk and has no trouble inviting people over that he doesn't know whenever we're having a get-together. It's incredibly non-stressful, and amazing how well he gets on with others and sets a welcoming atmosphere for everyone. It occasionally rubs people the wrong way, as people are suspicious when they're asked to do something by someone they don't know very well, but I honestly don't mind. I think that when we move away, we'll actually end up making friends fairly quickly because of his friendly host skills (he likes to cook and host dinner parties. I'm more the entertainment), which is great compared to my current experience of "let's move away it'll be a great idea" and literally coming back with one friend to show for it.

Quote Originally Posted by JWC3
    tell me about yourself!
    :
    I can come up with wayyy too many possibilities on "just describe yourself". Can you give me something specific to go off of? Anything form "conflict styles" to "how do you feel about the sun?" is appropriate. You just got a run down on how easily I make friend

Good god, this entire post reeks of Fi-polr, sorry gammacunts and deltaWASPs.

So I have BetaFags, GammaCunts, and I'm thinking about DeltaWASPs. Does that sound okay? I'm trying to think of anything else that fits Delta, but having some trouble. If you have any ideas, do let me know.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just the fact that you "got bored of" ILE and EII screams ILE.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can come up with wayyy too many possibilities on "just describe yourself". Can you give me something specific to go off of? Anything form "conflict styles" to "how do you feel about the sun?" is appropriate. You just got a run down on how easily I make friend
    Well describe your emotional world to me then. How do you emote, how does it compare to others, what do you think of your own emotions? Are they justified? Does your own emotional world freak you out a bit, or do you have an in depth understanding of it? Are you comfortable expressing yourself in any environment or does that depend on the strength of the emotion?

I suppose the biggest thing that confuses me about logical females is their ability to be somewhat more emotive than I would expect and it trips me up so any insight you can offer on this specific topic would really help me out.
    Easy Day

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I have BetaFags, GammaCunts, and I'm thinking about DeltaWASPs. Does that sound okay? I'm trying to think of anything else that fits Delta, but having some trouble. If you have any ideas, do let me know.[/spoiler]
    I think the standard Alphaggots, Betards, Gammaggots, and Delturds works just fine. But if you wanna do your own thang I'd be fine with wasps.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    I think the standard Alphaggots, Betards, Gammaggots, and Delturds works just fine. But if you wanna do your own thang I'd be fine with wasps.
    I dunno, you kinda used the same suffixes twice, I'd endorse a less uniform system.
    Easy Day

TIM
    Se+Ti+Ti
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    Well describe your emotional world to me then. How do you emote, how does it compare to others, what do you think of your own emotions? Are they justified? Does your own emotional world freak you out a bit, or do you have an in depth understanding of it? Are you comfortable expressing yourself in any environment or does that depend on the strength of the emotion?

I suppose the biggest thing that confuses me about logical females is their ability to be somewhat more emotive than I would expect and it trips me up so any insight you can offer on this specific topic would really help me out.
    Is this to determine whether she's Fi PoLR?

Trust me, she is.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ambivalent existence View Post
    Is this to determine whether she's Fi PoLR?

Trust me, she is.
    Nope, I'm being honest. It actually is, in real life, difficult for me to identify logical female types because of their seemingly increased emotive-ness. I'm just as confused as everyone else about this whole 'socionics' thing lol

So no I'm not trying to trick her into some Fi-PoLR trap, I'm just trying to get a better grasp on how female logical types deal with their emotions and whatnot.
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You seem to be cool.
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

TIM
    Se+Ti+Ti
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope, I'm being honest. It actually is, in real life, difficult for me to identify logical female types because of their seemingly increased emotive-ness. I'm just as confused as everyone else about this whole 'socionics' thing lol

So no I'm not trying to trick her into some Fi-PoLR trap, I'm just trying to get a better grasp on how female logical types deal with their emotions and whatnot.
    Do I seem that emotive to you? In our PM's etc? If you want to hear my analysis on female logical types, let me know in PM (not going to hijack this thread)

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JWC3
    For what it's worth, I didn't think it was an Fi-polr trap. My last post reeked of it.

Anyway, I didn't have a lot of trouble that I imagine L females do regarding emotions, because I think my mother is a gamma NT, so she wasn't very emotive either. I didn't struggle with trying to fit into culturally-defined female roles in that sense. I possible come off as more emotive in my expressions because I'm very talkative and charming, but it's also worth noting that most of what I say is shallow in the sense that it doesn't touch on emotions or how I feel about other people at all. It's more "WOW and then THIS happens and THAT happens and we could do that, but this will prevent that from happening so maybe if we do this instead..."

But even that's only if I'm comfortable with the person. If I don't know them very well or have any kind of encouragement from them, I can be standoffish until they do something to show or say that they like the way I think. Unfortunately, I feel like I think differently than most people, and growing up in a gamma household made me a bit cautious on expressing myself and my ego functions, so I'm very suspicious of people for the most part. Again, this goes back to making it hard to get to know people, because I'm very closed off and standoffish unless they make some effort on their part first, which people aren't wont to do with someone standoffish. It's a catch-22.

But yes, I might come off as "emotive", but the content of what I say isn't at all either way. I hope that answered? Not totally sure. I don't really know what it means exactly to be "emotive". If you mean how do I deal with my emotions...errr... I tend to feel things and have no idea what they are. I'll just notice I'm acting differently and need to seclude myself until I realize, "OH, this is what being sad feels like!" or "Right, I guess I'm angry." And then it takes even longer for me to identify a cause. It helps if I have someone to talk it out with who is more adept at that sort of thing to pinpoint what I'm feeling and the cause, but I'm only close enough to one person to do that, and I often convince myself that they don't really care about me talking about that shit anyway and don't bother explaining.
    Last edited by FoxOnStilts; 05-27-2012 at 03:37 PM.

TIM
    ILE, E5 so/sx, INTP
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whiny EIE ******.
    ILE; INTP
    5w6 so; rcUe|I|;

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Fi polrs can't deal with emotions. Aushra said so.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For what it's worth, I didn't think it was an Fi-polr trap. My last post reeked of it.

Anyway, I didn't have a lot of trouble that I imagine L females do regarding emotions, because I think my mother is a gamma NT, so she wasn't very emotive either. I didn't struggle with trying to fit into culturally-defined female roles in that sense. I possible come off as more emotive in my expressions because I'm very talkative and charming, but it's also worth noting that most of what I say is shallow in the sense that it doesn't touch on emotions or how I feel about other people at all. It's more "WOW and then THIS happens and THAT happens and we could do that, but this will prevent that from happening so maybe if we do this instead..."

But even that's only if I'm comfortable with the person. If I don't know them very well or have any kind of encouragement from them, I can be standoffish until they do something to show or say that they like the way I think. Unfortunately, I feel like I think differently than most people, and growing up in a gamma household made me a bit cautious on expressing myself and my ego functions, so I'm very suspicious of people for the most part. Again, this goes back to making it hard to get to know people, because I'm very closed off and standoffish unless they make some effort on their part first, which people aren't wont to do with someone standoffish. It's a catch-22.

But yes, I might come off as "emotive", but the content of what I say isn't at all either way. I hope that answered? Not totally sure. I don't really know what it means exactly to be "emotive". If you mean how do I deal with my emotions...errr... I tend to feel things and have no idea what they are. I'll just notice I'm acting differently and need to seclude myself until I realize, "OH, this is what being sad feels like!" or "Right, I guess I'm angry." And then it takes even longer for me to identify a cause. It helps if I have someone to talk it out with who is more adept at that sort of thing to pinpoint what I'm feeling and the cause, but I'm only close enough to one person to do that, and I often convince myself that they don't really care about me talking about that shit anyway and don't bother explaining.
    lol that makes some sense. Thanks for shedding light on the issue for me
    Easy Day

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phthalate View Post
    Whiny EIE ******.
    tits or gtfo of my thread, cuntbag

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You look ridiculously like one of my neighbors.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
    You look ridiculously like one of my neighbors.
    I quite possibly am your neighbor.

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

um

why does your siggy say sle-ti 8w9
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thePirate View Post
    um

why does your siggy say sle-ti 8w9
    Is there a reason that it shouldn't? Does my type-me thread lead you to believe otherwise? Why is that?

TIM
    ILE, E5 so/sx, INTP
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm with Maritsa in this one. IEE
    ILE; INTP
    5w6 so; rcUe|I|;

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phthalate View Post
    I'm with Maritsa in this one. IEE
    I will take your tarsals out one by one and replace them with your carpals. And then take those tarsals and put them where the tarsals were. You will have ankles for wrists and wrists for ankles by the time I am finished.

Creepy-bg

I will take your tarsals out one by one and replace them with your carpals. And then take those tarsals and put them where the tarsals were. You will have ankles for wrists and wrists for ankles by the time I am finished.
    geekiest threat ever lol

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there a reason that it shouldn't? Does my type-me thread lead you to believe otherwise? Why is that?
    I am going to assume this is some kind of elaborate ruse. kudos!
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thePirate View Post
    I am going to assume this is some kind of elaborate ruse. kudos!
    I was testing to see if people would respond to it and come in and tell me how obviously not SLE I am, but it seems to have backfired in the sense that no one actually believes that I believe I could possibly be anything other than ILE. ): #AlphaWorldProblems

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Fox, how good are you at noticing trends in people and in things in general? Are the trends you notice right on or were they something that you thought they were, but turned out to be something different?
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Noticing trends in people I am terrible at. I am notoriously bad at first impressions (people I think seem fun or that I would like end up being the opposite, and I end up getting along with people that I previously wrote off.) I'm bad at noticing trends in behavior or relationships unless they're very overt or come up All The Time. For instance, right now I can tell that you're probably going to try and take what I say over to Slacker's thread as evidence for how she doesn't notice trends like a true Ne-dom is, but that's just because it's your over-the-top style that is impossible for anyone to miss. Or I guess it's just that I'm suspicious of everyone, either way.

In anything not people related, I'm very good at noticing trends. I'll notice patterns in data or words or wordplay, and I like to categorize and generalize everything. It's very natural for me to take systems and things of the sort and break them into their basic core and toss a label on. Sometimes this leads to me not going into extreme detail when explaining things, but I think it's easier to start with broad generalizations (for example, delta caregivers are the Dads of the socion and alpha SFs are the moms!) and then go into the different details and shades of meaning/interpretation once the framework of things are laid out.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(for example, delta caregivers are the Dads of the socion and alpha SFs are the moms!)
    Buh... buh... Buh what about the gamma SFs? I wanna be put into a box!
    Easy Day

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Buh... buh... Buh what about the gamma SFs? I wanna be put into a box!
    Sluts. But everyone knows that.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sluts. But everyone knows that.
    HAHAHAHAHA!

Well to avoid affirming that stereotype I'm just going to go ahead and say; "I find great humor in your comment"

And for @lungs I just did a lot more than chuckle.
    Easy Day

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I quite possibly am your neighbor.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I was testing to see if people would respond to it and come in and tell me how obviously not SLE I am, but it seems to have backfired in the sense that no one actually believes that I believe I could possibly be anything other than ILE. ): #AlphaWorldProblems
    I think this is an obviously trend you've noticed about people on the forum; a new member will say "I think I'm ILI; what do you think" and majority will respond with "yes, you are" instead of looking at things objectively.
    -

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    I think this is an obviously trend you've noticed about people on the forum; a new member will say "I think I'm ILI; what do you think" and majority will respond with "yes, you are" instead of looking at things objectively.
    That seems to be the case if said member is ILI. The trend I've actually noticed is that most people tend to go out of their way to point out if they think someone is mistyped and then listen to them and have a discussion over whether or not this is an accurate typing for them with information flowing both ways. Though you do occasionally get those members who refuse to hear anything that does fit what they think is Right, and who passive-aggressively twist things to be the way they want instead of looking at things objectively. Funnily enough, the latter type of person has their head so far up their ass, that they actually think they're the ones that are being objective.

Crazy, huh?!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

That seems to be the case if said member is ILI. The trend I've actually noticed is that most people tend to go out of their way to point out if they think someone is mistyped and then listen to them and have a discussion over whether or not this is an accurate typing for them with information flowing both ways. Though you do occasionally get those members who refuse to hear anything that does fit what they think is Right, and who passive-aggressively twist things to be the way they want instead of looking at things objectively. Funnily enough, the latter type of person has their head so far up their ass, that they actually think they're the ones that are being objective.

Crazy, huh?!
    ^would you say that you look at things in the mirror way that I do?
    -

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    ^would you say that you look at things in the mirror way that I do?
    I would say I look at things in a supervised way from you.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I would say I look at things in a supervised way from you.
    No, in supervision relationship, I supervise you; do you think I constantly get you to look at people's individuality? I don't.
    -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast