Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 62

Thread: How do you react when someone questions your self-typing?

  1. #1
    High Priestess glam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,388
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Question How do you react when someone questions your self-typing?

    i've noticed people react differently when their self-typing is questioned. some people take others' input seriously, while others are more dismissive. some people willingly engage in typing discussions, while others seem to avoid them. some want to convince others they are a certain type, while others approach it as a way to bounce ideas back & forth. some don't care/aren't affected by it, while others get defensive. some enjoy the attention, while others shy away from talking about themselves. it may cause some people to become less certain about their type, while others remain quite sure about their self-typing. etc.

    i also think a lot of people may not be completely honest with themselves about how it affects them. e.g. someone might claim they "don't care", but when someone else doesn't agree with their self-typing, their reaction might show otherwise.

    so try and think about yourself & your reactions as honestly as you can.

    (i was going to do an anonymous poll but i came up w/too many options that made it unwieldy.)

  2. #2
    A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    TIM
    ill
    Posts
    3,055
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The first thing I do is clean my gun.

    (Sorry, I couldn't help myself. )

  3. #3
    Pookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Posts
    2,129
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'll listen, and if they make a good argument i'll give it credence. But i know i understand myself better than anyone, so it doesn't ruffle me feathers if someone thinks i'm self-typing wrong.
    I would say that ethically you are still supposed to act as if you have unilateral responsibility; but simultaneously you have to be able to see the other as a fully autonomous, free, aware person.

    Medicalizing social problems has the additional benefit of rendering society not responsible for those social ills. If it’s a disease, it’s nobody’s fault. Yay empiricism.

  4. #4
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,621
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    when people question my type i'm most bothered when i feel like the following things are happening:

    1. they are obviously willfully or ignorantly blowing off certain aspects of my personality/thought patterns that i KNOW they've seen because they prefer theory to reality.
    2. they are doing it to further some agenda of their own, such as typing me in a way that validates their own self-typing, or typing me in a way that is better aligned with other people they agree with.
    3. they type me in a way that is inconsistent with how they've typed other people and in a way that puts me in a further away intertype relation and i take it personally.

    i really don't like that it bothers me so much but trying not to let it get to me just leads to being bitchy anyway. if i think somebody is being independent and unbiased and in touch with reality while they're typing me i don't mind, but those three qualities in tandem are frankly something i don't see very often around here. and i don't like admitting i ever get bothered by it because i don't want to prevent people from speaking their mind. but it is what it is.

    i try to remember that most people really do think that they're coming from a place of logic and impartiality even though i think that putting impartiality and socionics together in the same sentence is ridiculous.

  5. #5
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Depends who it is, how it's phrased, what type they say...
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    around the world
    TIM
    Se+Ti+Ti
    Posts
    334
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glam View Post
    i've noticed people react differently when their self-typing is questioned. some people take others' input seriously, while others are more dismissive. some people willingly engage in typing discussions, while others seem to avoid them. some want to convince others they are a certain type, while others approach it as a way to bounce ideas back & forth. some don't care/aren't affected by it, while others get defensive. some enjoy the attention, while others shy away from talking about themselves. it may cause some people to become less certain about their type, while others remain quite sure about their self-typing. etc.

    i also think a lot of people may not be completely honest with themselves about how it affects them. e.g. someone might claim they "don't care", but when someone else doesn't agree with their self-typing, their reaction might show otherwise.

    so try and think about yourself & your reactions as honestly as you can.

    (i was going to do an anonymous poll but i came up w/too many options that made it unwieldy.)

    My perspective's changed on it.

    Originally it was cool to have the attention of people trying to analyse me and enjoyable confronting them with a goal of convincing them and I even had the goal of trying to learn more about the theory in this way of practicing the theory. So for these reasons I took their input and analysed it in a serious way even if I was certain about my self typing. But I got tired of all those possible options and blahblahblah. So it became annoying and I became very dismissive after a while. It's all a process, heh.

  7. #7
    Creepy-Snaps

    Default

    Happens like every day lol. It's not something I 'react' to, it's just part of being on this forum.

  8. #8
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,621
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
    Happens like every day lol. It's not something I 'react' to, it's just part of being on this forum. i change my self-typing and make a thread about it.
    fixed

  9. #9
    Cat Lady aixelsyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    488
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Doesn't mean much in itself so long as they take into account my experiences instead of writing such experiences off. That's when I get pissed off. Because I feel to disregard those experiences shows a lack of interest in truly getting to know me which renders trying to pin a type as a presumptuous gesture done out of self-satisfaction and without a true regard for me or for the truth.

    But if someone made the effort to sit down, really, so to speak, and make a good investigation and to work with me one to one instead of shutting out my input and being dismissive, it shows me that the person has a genuine interest in the process, in finding the truth, and that in itself I appreciate. It indicates respect towards me and towards this theory.
    Life's a bitch and she's got me pussy whipped.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glam View Post
    i've noticed people react differently when their self-typing is questioned. some people take others' input seriously, while others are more dismissive.
    Some people are going to be dismissive for how can you take other's input seriously when they themselves aren't serious at all bouncing off every quadra there is like some bunnies on cocaine and offering "evidence" against one's self-typing?

    some people willingly engage in typing discussions, while others seem to avoid them.
    Looks like some people have a lot to say and some not so much.

    some want to convince others they are a certain type
    Maritsa.

    while others approach it as a way to bounce ideas back & forth. some don't care/aren't affected by it, while others get defensive.


    some enjoy the attention, while others shy away from talking about themselves
    That's easily noticeable.

    it may cause some people to become less certain about their type, while others remain quite sure about their self-typing. etc.
    Like I said a few times before, the greatest of socionics fanatics have usually the most doubts.

    i also think a lot of people may not be completely honest with themselves about how it affects them. e.g. someone might claim they "don't care", but when someone else doesn't agree with their self-typing, their reaction might show otherwise.
    I don't pay much attention as to how some members self-type for I know it is going to change after some time. New type, new person. And, of course, there are some I'm quite interested in. Those are mostly people I have had the displeasure or pleasure interacting with. The former can draw their terminal breath as far as I am concerned, the latter I'm going to kill the former with so it is fine.

    As for my reaction, it's in the beginning.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    around the world
    TIM
    Se+Ti+Ti
    Posts
    334
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wookie View Post
    Doesn't mean much in itself so long as they take into account my experiences instead of writing such experiences off. That's when I get pissed off. Because I feel to disregard those experiences shows a lack of interest in truly getting to know me which renders trying to pin a type as a presumptuous gesture done out of self-satisfaction and without a true regard for me or for the truth.

    But if someone made the effort to sit down, really, so to speak, and make a good investigation and to work with me one to one instead of shutting out my input and being dismissive, it shows me that the person has a genuine interest in the process, in finding the truth, and that in itself I appreciate. It indicates respect towards me and towards this theory.
    oh yes, I too hate it when they don't take into account my experiences. I suppose I would not be so dismissive if someone approached me in this way, at least I would appreciate their intent, though I would still see no point in this anymore heh.

  12. #12
    Robot Assassin Pa3s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Germany
    TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Posts
    3,648
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't have a problem with it. Everyone can have their opinion and it's certainly interesting to know why they think that way. That's why we're all here, right? To discuss personality typology and what would be more interesting than analyzing the people of our own community. So if anyone has some good arguments why I am type x, I'd like to hear them.

    But it can be very annoying if those people use every occasion to remind you that they type you different. That didn't happen to me personally, but to other forum members here. That's a point where no discussions make any sense, since the typology system is too vague in itself to prove anything. You just have to agree to disagree.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

  13. #13
    Darn Socks Director Abbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southwest USA
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    6,724
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I try to find out why they think I'm another type and explain why I am not. If none of my reasoning gets through to them, they're probably just an idiot.

    ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

    Johari Nohari

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

  14. #14
    EffyCold thePirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    TIM
    ??
    Posts
    1,897
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't care for the most part, it's not so much about questioning my self typing as it is why and how they go about it. There's a difference between questioning your typing and someone being adamant you are another type - the level of certainty should correlate with an explanation of the same caliber to boot. A good number of members here engage in erroneous typing habits, such as typing people based whether or not they like another person, their interactions with different members on here, hate typing, and herd mentality typing (amongst a few others). There's also a bias as to where, given enough time with a certain typing, members will eventually start to see you as that type as long as you don't act too erratically beyond the limits of what that type is traditionally thought of. It's much easier to brush off people's typing's on here due to acknowledging the biased nature of this place - although the rather persistent ones that incorporate these are the ones that tend to get on my nerves. There's only a couple of people on here who legitimately 'question' types in the right way - those that remains objective, unbiased, and essentially come from a place of attempting to get to know the person vs their forum persona. They ask to get to know rather than to back up a preconceived notion/don't make assumptions as to why you do something and prioritize them over your reasoning (suggestions, however, are different). Those are the people who I like talking to about my type, and who I genuinely gain knowledge from interacting with, even if it doesn't lead to anything tangibly related to a typing.
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

  15. #15
    Perpetual Confusion Machine PistolShrimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Red Sox and Celtics and Bruins, oh my!
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    504
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I had a six-page What's My Type? thread where people typed me: LII, ILI, EII, IEI, SEI, ILE, IEE, with most people insisting that I'm Alpha. It didn't bother me much because I learned a lot from people's typings and explanations of them. I'm always willing to hear out people who think I'm mistyped, though I'll likely disagree with them.

  16. #16
    not a bumblebee octo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    TIM
    IEI 4-6-9 apparently
    Posts
    2,744
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well no one whose opinion I respect doubts IEI afaik, so amusement and attention-basking. I wish more people would challenge my self-typing, then I could get attention without posting pictures of myself

    If someone who I think is good at socionics challenges my self-typing in the future, I think I'd give it serious thought, especially if they met me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agee The Great View Post
    Nobody here...besides me, seems to know what SLE is except for maybe Maritsa.

  17. #17
    silke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    TIM
    Ni-IEI sx/sp
    Posts
    3,796
    Mentioned
    317 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glam View Post
    i also think a lot of people may not be completely honest with themselves about how it affects them. e.g. someone might claim they "don't care", but when someone else doesn't agree with their self-typing, their reaction might show otherwise.

    so try and think about yourself & your reactions as honestly as you can.
    At some point while dabbling in socionics I've come to a realization that this three-letter abbreviation located below your avatar - TIM - stands for "type of information metabolism". It does not stand for "type of personality" or "type of person that you are". It does not define who you are as an individual. This is why one can encounter so much diversity of character among people of same socionics tim. As I've become increasingly aware of the nature of socionics type and the limitations of the theory, placing much importance on my typing seemed senseless.

    And at the end of the day when you close your browser and leave this forum, nothing much is going to change in your life whether you have been typed IEE or SEI or ILI or EII or anything else. As far as the real world is concerned out there, socionics types are ineffectual.

  18. #18
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,621
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    At some point while dabbling in socionics I've come to a realization that this three-letter abbreviation located below your avatar - TIM - stands for "type of information metabolism". It does not stand for "type of personality" or "type of person that you are". It does not define who you are as an individual. This is why one can encounter so much diversity of character among people of same socionics tim. As I've become increasingly aware of the nature of socionics type and the limitations of the theory, placing much importance on my typing seemed senseless.

    And at the end of the day when you close your browser and leave this forum, nothing much is going to change in your life whether you have been typed IEE or SEI or ILI or EII or anything else. As far as the real world is concerned out there, socionics types are ineffectual.
    ive never seen you say anything that contrasts with this post, but i see other people putting forth similar sentiments in order to placate me only to make posts like the next day bitching about their conflictor or something and its really irritating lol.

  19. #19
    escaping anndelise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    WA
    TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Posts
    6,338
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lungs
    when people question my type i'm most bothered when i feel like the following things are happening:

    1. they are obviously willfully or ignorantly blowing off certain aspects of my personality/thought patterns that i KNOW they've seen because they prefer theory to reality.
    2. they are doing it to further some agenda of their own, such as typing me in a way that validates their own self-typing, or typing me in a way that is better aligned with other people they agree with.
    3. they type me in a way that is inconsistent with how they've typed other people and in a way that puts me in a further away intertype relation and i take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie View Post
    ...[]...so long as they take into account my experiences instead of writing such experiences off. That's when I get pissed off. Because I feel to disregard those experiences shows a lack of interest in truly getting to know me which renders trying to pin a type as a presumptuous gesture done out of self-satisfaction and without a true regard for me or for the truth.

    But if someone made the effort to sit down, really, so to speak, and make a good investigation and to work with me one to one instead of shutting out my input and being dismissive, it shows me that the person has a genuine interest in the process, in finding the truth, and that in itself I appreciate. It indicates respect towards me and towards this theory.
    ^^These.

    Though @siuntal brought up a good point, too.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

  20. #20
    the flying pig Capitalist Pig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    5,935
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's really no big deal to me (major shock, right?). I think of personality typology as a game, on a level with astrology and similar pseudosciences. I like to hear their thoughts and arguments, but it's not something I take very seriously.

  21. #21
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This is the first time it's really happened. I'm not really bothered by it. Maybe I would be if it weren't Maritsa?
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  22. #22
    FoxOnStilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    TN
    TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Posts
    780
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Disagreements lead to increased understanding about both your type and the system*. Someone questioning your type shows you some ways in which you come across to others ("I think you're SEE because you seem forceful" = "Wow, this person thinks I'm forceful in conversation!"). At the same time, it also helps you to look at your characteristics and better ascribe them to functions. It helps solidify why you think you are what you think you are, and, in the end, makes you more confident in your self-typing and more able to back up what you say ("After this conversation with Frank, I thought about how he said I was Se ego, and it's really just Se-role flaring up") or makes you look at yourself and your typing in a new way.

    *- Unless you're talking to Maritsa.

  23. #23
    when you see the booty Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere at once
    Posts
    8,449
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Historically, I ask for reasoning as to why I'm not the type I claim to be, the other party gives really shitty reasoning, I call them out for shitty reasoning, they belligerently insist on their own superiority, I yell at them for being a conceited lying douche and end up putting them on ignore.
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

    http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

  24. #24
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FoxOnStilts View Post
    Disagreements lead to increased understanding about both your type and the system*. Someone questioning your type shows you some ways in which you come across to others ("I think you're SEE because you seem forceful" = "Wow, this person thinks I'm forceful in conversation!"). At the same time, it also helps you to look at your characteristics and better ascribe them to functions. It helps solidify why you think you are what you think you are, and, in the end, makes you more confident in your self-typing and more able to back up what you say ("After this conversation with Frank, I thought about how he said I was Se ego, and it's really just Se-role flaring up") or makes you look at yourself and your typing in a new way.

    *- Unless you're talking to Maritsa.
    except for the last part, I agree with you because disagreements leads you to challenge your assumptions and look at things through NEW set of eyes; the NEW part is so interesting to me because it is it opens up such interesting possibilities and even helps me explore ideas about typing questions.

    My mind explores in such interesting ways.

  25. #25
    So fluffeh. Cuddly McFluffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    2,780
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Depends on the person and the typing. I have no problems with attention, so I enjoy hearing why people think I am a given type, but their history of typing and the typing itself tends to determine how seriously I take them. I would have more problem with someone utterly wrong who keeps hounding me about it than I would someone who is off-base but explains themselves satisfactorily and then drops it.
    Johari/Nohari

    "Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

    Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

  26. #26
    Neural wonderchild Aivonaima's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    TIM
    IEI-Fe e4 458 Sx
    Posts
    272
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Depends on how it's presented. If it's well reasoned and makes sense to me, I'm open to it. I like to listen to how people come to different conclusions. I get a little frustrated if I'm not being explained to.

    What I don't like is when someone insists they know me better than I know myself. Feels kinda rude. After all, in the very end, I think the person in question is the one who decides about the type. What others can do is offer different views – not force a typing down one's throath.

    Also, I think we should keep in mind that these are cognitive functions we're talking about. They often have a certain effect on the individual and their behaviour and manifest as certain personality traits, but this isn't primarily just a personality test – it's much more. It's about how you filter and process the incoming data, how you organize it and apply it to the external world. Thus, I think telling someone they can't be this or that simply because they don't fit a stereotype is kinda, eh.

    Also, I don't trust typings based heavily on VI. Seen it gone wrong much, much more than right.
    "Use every ounce of potential you have, raise revolution against what people expect of you, and tell the world this is not a rehearsal. This is the real me. And listen up, ‘cause it could be the most honest incarnation yet."

  27. #27
    Creepy-pokeball

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scapegrace View Post
    The first thing I do is clean my gun.

    (Sorry, I couldn't help myself. )
    I knew you had a penis x_X

  28. #28
    Ti centric krieger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,983
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    How do you react when someone questions your self-typing?
    i plant my palm in my face and groan

  29. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bay Area, Ca.
    TIM
    ISTP Se-LSI 6w5cp sx
    Posts
    693
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't think much about it. People generally try to guess types and many times, they are wrong.

  30. #30
    End of the road
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    167
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Normally i would consider people's opinion on my type because tbh we can't all be consistent with our own types, it's reasonable to consider other typings just* to make sure. RIght now i think I'm pretty settled with my type, if some nutjob gave me a ridiculous typing without any good evidence backing it up then i won't take it seriously. But nothing like a big reaction at first glance unless they are really a dick about it. Say Maritsa what type do you think i am again?
    Beta NF - E-(6w5), 9w1, 4w5 sp/sx

  31. #31
    A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    TIM
    ill
    Posts
    3,055
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jadae View Post
    I knew you had a penis x_X


    Yep. It's called a clitoris.

  32. #32
    Creepy-pokeball

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scapegrace View Post
    Yep. It's called a clitoris.
    Does it get big and fluffy. Marmar says hers does, and she likes my Si.

  33. #33
    A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    TIM
    ill
    Posts
    3,055
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    A lady never tells.

  34. #34
    squark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,116
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    To my knowledge, nobody questions my self-typing. They haven't brought it up to me if they do question it anyway.

  35. #35
    Tyrant with a side of bacon
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Bay Area, California
    TIM
    ENTJ, LIE, 8w9
    Posts
    424
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My reaction would simply be one of wanting to know the objective facts, reasoning or inclination towards the alternate opinion.

  36. #36
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thePirate View Post
    I don't care for the most part, it's not so much about questioning my self typing as it is why and how they go about it. There's a difference between questioning your typing and someone being adamant you are another type - the level of certainty should correlate with an explanation of the same caliber to boot. A good number of members here engage in erroneous typing habits, such as typing people based whether or not they like another person, their interactions with different members on here, hate typing, and herd mentality typing (amongst a few others). There's also a bias as to where, given enough time with a certain typing, members will eventually start to see you as that type as long as you don't act too erratically beyond the limits of what that type is traditionally thought of. It's much easier to brush off people's typing's on here due to acknowledging the biased nature of this place - although the rather persistent ones that incorporate these are the ones that tend to get on my nerves. There's only a couple of people on here who legitimately 'question' types in the right way - those that remains objective, unbiased, and essentially come from a place of attempting to get to know the person vs their forum persona. They ask to get to know rather than to back up a preconceived notion/don't make assumptions as to why you do something and prioritize them over your reasoning (suggestions, however, are different). Those are the people who I like talking to about my type, and who I genuinely gain knowledge from interacting with, even if it doesn't lead to anything tangibly related to a typing.
    you are beautiful
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  37. #37
    Decadent Charlatan Aquagraph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Continental Vinnland
    TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Posts
    3,967
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm usually amused, complimented or feeding off from the extra attention.

    I'm usually open if it's well presented. If it's not, I might still pretend to be open about the idea to hear the rest of the bullshit for my ego boost and/or amusement.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

  38. #38
    Ti centric krieger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,983
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by labster View Post
    i plant my palm in my face and groan
    i forgot to add that i subsequently pounce on the offender intellectually, corner him/her like a rat and punish, demoralize and humiliate him/her with ruthless abandon.

  39. #39
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,621
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by labster View Post
    i forgot to add that i subsequently pounce on the offender intellectually, corner him/her like a rat and punish, demoralize and humiliate him/her with ruthless abandon.
    thats because you're LSI therefore mean because Se. now punish me.

  40. #40
    Ti centric krieger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,983
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    thats because you're LSI therefore mean because Se. now punish me.
    you'll like that too much. so i'll have to just sulk and stare at you disapprovingly instead.


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •