View Poll Results: Merry or serious?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fenryrr!!! is!! a! merry!!! typeeeee!!!!!

6 46.15%
  • Fenryrr is a serious type.

7 53.85%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Fenryrr Fe/Fi Valuing Confusion Thread

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink The Fenryrr Fe/Fi Valuing Confusion Thread

Help. Me. Please.

I can't tell which I value. So if anyone has ideas, please explain.
    I'm tired of being confused over which I value.
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.

TIM
    Se+Ti+Ti
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fenryrr View Post
    Help. Me. Please.

I can't tell which I value. So if anyone has ideas, please explain.
    I'm tired of being confused over which I value.

well, can you describe a bit about what you think is Fi vs Fe valuing for you? your thinking, your preferences, your behaviour, in general. (I don't know you much at all yet )

Creepy-Snaps

You type 'IEX', so either INFp or ENFp, correct? So you're asking not only which do you value, Fe or Fi, but which is your ego function?

I believe WorkaholicsAnon was through this exact same dilemma years ago, originally typing INFp before realizing she was ENFp. She would be a good person you could ask for advice.

Maybe you could elaborate a little more for us. What is your understanding so far of Fe/Fi, and what are you confused about?

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fenryrr
    Fenryrr!!! is!! a! merry!!! typeeeee!!!!!

Oh come-on!!!!

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i'm confused about what you're confused about.

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your guess is good as mine, fen. Good luck figuring it out, anyways.

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    i'm confused about what you're confused about.
    I'm confused about what you are confused about what I'm confused about...?
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

hm maybe you can tell me what you think indicates Fe so i can tell you why its wrong

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ambivalent existence View Post
    well, can you describe a bit about what you think is Fi vs Fe valuing for you? your thinking, your preferences, your behaviour, in general. (I don't know you much at all yet )
    In general I try to smooth over any awkwardness and all..which seems Fe-creative>Fi-creative. I dunno.
    It's confusing because most people on the forum type me as IEE, yet...I dunno. Hkkmr types me IEI and he has met me. Aerorobyn as well is considering IEI after we met.
    I guess I just dunno. I thought I was Ti-Polr>Te-Polr...but now I'm not so sure.
    I've never been able to tell between Fi and Fe really well. They kinda just meld together in my mind or something. The inconsistency in how people perceive me is frustrating as well. Why do some see me as Fe ego...and others Fi?

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
    You type 'IEX', so either INFp or ENFp, correct? So you're asking not only which do you value, Fe or Fi, but which is your ego function?

I believe WorkaholicsAnon was through this exact same dilemma years ago, originally typing INFp before realizing she was ENFp. She would be a good person you could ask for advice.

Maybe you could elaborate a little more for us. What is your understanding so far of Fe/Fi, and what are you confused about?
    My understanding is jumbled and I need re-clarification.
    I've talked to WA about it, and she can see both typings if I remember correctly.

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hm maybe you can tell me what you think indicates Fe so i can tell you why its wrong
    How I don't have strong opinions of things and I don't always know how I feel. I'm usually just kinda neutral, but that could be E9 stuff.
    Howwww I don't really click with any of the deltas that strongly. It's mostly the gammas, betas, and alphas I suppose. Though, I don't have much consistent interaction with many of the deltas on the forum.
    Howwwwww I am very sensitive to anything that feels "wrong" in the atmosphere...though I don't always know how to fix it. I do try though most of the time.
    Howwwwwwwwww I dunno. I dunno I dunno I dunnoooooooooo.

TIM
    IEI / INFp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you're wondering between INFp and ENFp, maybe it's better to think about if from the point of view of Ni vs Ne. The two types have Fe and Fi as creating and demostrative function, which are both strong contact functions. But I think the the contrast between the base and the ignoring function should be more obvious.
    Can't you tell between if you're more like the flowy causality of the Ni or more like the jumpy associations of the Ne?

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shadeseeker View Post
    If you're wondering between INFp and ENFp, maybe it's better to think about if from the point of view of Ni vs Ne. The two types have Fe and Fi as creating and demostrative function, which are both strong contact functions. But I think the the contrast between the base and the ignoring function should be more obvious.
    Can't you tell between if you're more like the flowy causality of the Ni or more like the jumpy associations of the Ne?
    No, I can't tell, hehe.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post

No i dont think i would be a good person to ask about this tbh, because the only reason i self-typed IEI was because i was trying to convert my MBTI type to a socionics type and i read somewhere that changing the J to a p would do it (for introverts, which according to MBTI i am)

:/ I was TOTALLY confused at the time.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

From what I've seen from you, I've noticed that you do use effectively, but it is not something that is used frequently, but rather occasionally. This makes me think that its not valued and likely a demonstrative function.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fen, this Fe/Fi stuff has probably always been my number 1 problem in identifying my type. I think I'm probably just about as confused as you are and no one seems to be willing to explain it in a decent manner than makes sense. I don't know but you just don't see Fe to me..but apparently I don't know anything so yeah...

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Because they want to see you that way. It is no different from any other person posting on here - the moment you actually dive into this lake full of fish and start swimming with some of them at the expense of the other, there is no way in hell other fish won't form opinions about you, judge you, dissect you and so on. Besides your past allegiances are going to be taken into account as well and it doesn't matter whether you're done with them or not - other fish don't know that, they can only assume and assume is what they're going to do. So in retrospect, everything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law and you do not have the right to remain silent. Furthermore, as long one person deems the other desirable in some way and you have access to that particular person you can be sure you're up against bias in typing.

All in all, testimonies of two persons that have met you in real life claim IEI and you have nothing against such typing besides your own testimony reads, I qoute:

Howwww I don't really click with any of the deltas that strongly. It's mostly the gammas, betas, and alphas I suppose. Though, I don't have much consistent interaction with many of the deltas on the forum.
    Case closed

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Howwww I don't really click with any of the deltas that strongly. It's mostly the gammas, betas, and alphas I suppose.
    I wouldn't even think about quadra dynamics if I were you. It's probably the most abused subject in socionics. At this point, you can't even be a Delta unless you're family oriented, a breadwinning dad, submissive housewife, and.. mormon or something. And if you're young, you're instantly relegated to a merry quadra. And no one is going to bother getting to the truth of these definitions. They'll just uphold the stereotypes.

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    Fen, this Fe/Fi stuff has probably always been my number 1 problem in identifying my type. I think I'm probably just about as confused as you are and no one seems to be willing to explain it in a decent manner than makes sense. I don't know but you just don't see Fe to me..but apparently I don't know anything so yeah...
    Maybe if one of us figures it out the other will too!

Quote Originally Posted by Raver View Post
    From what I've seen from you, I've noticed that you do use effectively, but it is not something that is used frequently, but rather occasionally. This makes me think that its not valued and likely a demonstrative function.
    Thanks, this is really helpful trav. Would being Fi-subtype put more emphasis on the demonstrative function? I guess I can never forget that night where we said the same thing at the tame time like 3-4 times. Makes me wonderrrr..
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    An easier route to resolve your IEE vs. IEI dilemma would be assessing for Se-valuing.
    How would one assess this?

Quote Originally Posted by stray View Post
    I wouldn't even think about quadra dynamics if I were you. It's probably the most abused subject in socionics. At this point, you can't even be a Delta unless you're family oriented, a breadwinning dad, submissive housewife, and.. mormon or something. And if you're young, you're instantly relegated to a merry quadra. And no one is going to bother getting to the truth of these definitions. They'll just uphold the stereotypes.
    You are probably right. I just wasn't sure what other information to offer. :/

TIM
    Se+Ti+Ti
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In general I try to smooth over any awkwardness and all..which seems Fe-creative>Fi-creative. I dunno.
    It's confusing because most people on the forum type me as IEE, yet...I dunno. Hkkmr types me IEI and he has met me. Aerorobyn as well is considering IEI after we met.
    I guess I just dunno. I thought I was Ti-Polr>Te-Polr...but now I'm not so sure.
    I've never been able to tell between Fi and Fe really well. They kinda just meld together in my mind or something. The inconsistency in how people perceive me is frustrating as well. Why do some see me as Fe ego...and others Fi?
    I noticed I am overly sensitive to certain aspects of IEE behaviour, and you have yet to hit any of my weak points yet that IEE's often do.

So if it is a choice between IEI and IEE, then IEI, but I know that's not going to satisfy you, obviously.

What do you think is Ti PoLR thinking or behaviour for you?

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Howwww I don't really click with any of the deltas that strongly.
    say wha...?

I thought we get along well...

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ambivalent existence View Post
    I noticed I am overly sensitive to certain aspects of IEE behaviour, and you have yet to hit any of my weak points yet that IEE's often do.

So if it is a choice between IEI and IEE, then IEI, but I know that's not going to satisfy you, obviously.

What do you think is Ti PoLR thinking or behaviour for you?
    Well, it's good to hear I'm not hitting you with Fi and making you uncomfortable!
    Um, well, I get sort of annoyed when someone doesn't give me clear instructions or something. I find I keep asking if I'm doing something "the right way"...which seems Te-seeking maybe. It's really hard for me to explain this. I'm trying.

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    say wha...?

I thought we get along well...
    Aw, we do WA! We just don't talk all that often.
    I'm more referring to how I think I get along well with everyone who frequents tinychat daily...and most of them are alpha/beta/gamma.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

you just have this sort of hesitant and careful way about you and the way you talk emphasizes clarity a lot (to me) in a way that reminds me of minde or slacker or other delta nfs here. maybe if we met irl i'd see you differently and i'm kind of burnt out on typing atm, so whatever. you just give off a very delta nf vibe to me in forum/chat communication.

i know this isn't exactly helpful. just another opinion to give or take.

Tyrant with a side of bacon
    TIM
    ENTJ, LIE, 8w9
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How would one assess this?
    You put your right foot in, put your right foot out... etc. etc.

Ultimately, you''ll arrive at what it's all about.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aw, we do WA! We just don't talk all that often.
    I'm more referring to how I think I get along well with everyone who frequents tinychat daily...and most of them are alpha/beta/gamma.
    awww good!!

yeah that's true, i avoid tinychat... i'm camera shy... plus i dont like how people can be present unidentified/incognito...
    In the forum chat, you can't access the chat function unless you are logged in and it shows your username (you can't change it for chat), so at least i know who i'm talking to and/or who is present.

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by octo View Post
    Hmm, I don't know if this is the same as what you mean, but I do that too... I kind of don't want to go too far doing something the wrong way then have to go back and redo it all. I like to work out how to do everything before I actually go about and do it. One example is working out how to format my thesis and setting up all the presets before I start writing it, working out how big the diagrams are going to be, etc.
    Well, an example I like to use is how when hkkmr and I were cooking, he asked me to grate the cheese. I didn't know how to use this kind of cheese grater..and although this is a seemingly simple task, I was kinda hesitant about it. I asked him, "Is there a right way to do this?" and he showed me a way, but then I found a way that worked better for me.

Not sure if it's the same.
    I like to have a general idea of what I'm going to do for a paper or something...but..I usually just wing it.

you just have this sort of hesitant and careful way about you and the way you talk emphasizes clarity a lot (to me) in a way that reminds me of minde or slacker or other delta nfs here. maybe if we met irl i'd see you differently and i'm kind of burnt out on typing atm, so whatever. you just give off a very delta nf vibe to me in forum/chat communication.

i know this isn't exactly helpful. just another opinion to give or take.
    Yeah, I do. Someone mentioned to me in the past that because I make sure I understand a question or something before I answer it indicates that I am an introvert. Like, if I'm not 100% sure I understand them correctly, I'll ask them to clarify.
    All input is helpful, kassie!

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    awww good!!

yeah that's true, i avoid tinychat... i'm camera shy... plus i dont like how people can be present unidentified/incognito...
    In the forum chat, you can't access the chat function unless you are logged in and it shows your username (you can't change it for chat), so at least i know who i'm talking to and/or who is present.
    Well, you are always welcome.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think I've ever had a super strong conviction on your typing, but I'm pretty sure I told you once that on cam you reminded me of someone I thought was IEI.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I think some people in this thread don't know what Fen's doing, she's doing a very 9 thing which is that she's trying accommodate all the people that type her one way or another. So when some individual pushes her into typing something, she'll add a X to the end of her typing to placate that individual. She'll do this for a while but it's not imo something that feels good for her imo and over time you'll see that this will have no effect on her.

Imo she does a very thing because she tries to dampen other people's negative emotions by placating them, trying to sooth them and giving them what they want, also she does things to mediate the conflicts and keep people from being angry at each other as well.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about Alpha SF? You could be judicious and merry...?

edit: ah okay Hkkmr that sounds 9ish and possibly Fe creative.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    I don't think I've ever had a super strong conviction on your typing, but I'm pretty sure I told you once that on cam you reminded me of someone I thought was IEI.
    Do you know what about me reminded you of this person?

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    I think some people in this thread don't know what Fen's doing, she's doing a very 9 thing which is that she's trying accommodate all the people that type her one way or another. So when some individual pushes her into typing something, she'll add a X to the end of her typing to placate that individual. She'll do this for a while but it's not imo something that feels good for her imo and over time you'll see that this will have no effect on her.

Imo she does a very thing because she tries to dampen other people's negative emotions by placating them, trying to sooth them and giving them what they want, also she does things to mediate the conflicts and keep people from being angry at each other as well.
    Well, I am simply just not sure of my typing..and since I'm getting really contradictory feedback..some people saying Fe-valuing, others Fi...it's just confusing and I'm open-minded about it, so I am leaving it as IEX for now while I get more input.

I am a very accommodating person though..

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    What about Alpha SF? You could be judicious and merry...?

edit: ah okay Hkkmr that sounds 9ish and possibly Fe creative.
    Why SF, if I may ask?

Sometimes I wonder if being E9 could be confusing if I'm IEE or something...I dunno. Because maybe my Fe-seeming stuff is really just me being E9.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like to have a general idea of what I'm going to do for a paper or something...but..I usually just wing it.
    This is my style too.

Well, you are always welcome.
    Awee thanks!!!

Perpetual Confusion Machine PistolShrimp's Avatar
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like Ashton said, figuring out if you're Se or Si-seeking could be the key piece of the puzzle here, though I'm not entirely sure how to do that aside from talking to IEIs and IEEs about what they seek in their relationships.

I live in a state of relative inertia and indecision, a sort of mental quagmire, and Se is like a metaphorical kick in the ass that pushes me out of the muck. Se for me usually equates to something along the lines of "Here's what we need to do to get shit done." It can be quite brusque, but sometimes that's what it takes to get me moving. Does any of this resonate with you?

My impression of you is Delta > Beta from your posts/video, but I don't really know you well enough to be confident in that typing. It's just a hunch.

Marxist Ne’er-do-well Red Villain's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-SLI/ xNTJ
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm defaulting to my initial instinct. IEI > IEE
    "We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.".

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PistolShrimp View Post
    Like Ashton said, figuring out if you're Se or Si-seeking could be the key piece of the puzzle here, though I'm not entirely sure how to do that aside from talking to IEIs and IEEs about what they seek in their relationships.

I live in a state of relative inertia and indecision, a sort of mental quagmire, and Se is like a metaphorical kick in the ass that pushes me out of the muck. Se for me usually equates to something along the lines of "Here's what we need to do to get shit done." It can be quite brusque, but sometimes that's what it takes to get me moving. Does any of this resonate with you?

My impression of you is Delta > Beta from your posts/video, but I don't really know you well enough to be confident in that typing. It's just a hunch.
    Sometimes I need someone to push me to do stuff and all, yeah. Otherwise, it won't get done.

Quote Originally Posted by RobVillain View Post
    I'm defaulting to my initial instinct. IEI > IEE
    Heh, alright...

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have issues with indecision and all that too. But I need to be led rather than pushed.

I should add, not only do I need to be led rather than pushed, I rage against being pushed. Fastest way to get me to dig my heels in on something is to try to push me to do it.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
    I have issues with indecision and all that too. But I need to be led rather than pushed.
    I prefer to be led. I don't like being bossed around.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post

Awesome.
    Haha, your title thingy under your name.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slacker, tell her to come to her senses.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't know about any of the Fe/Fi stuff sorry, but I do know this: You are a sweet girl with a big heart who is great at caring and looking out for others. I value you most of all for your compassion and friendship.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't feel like I know her well enough to say for sure what she is. I think she needs to take her time and figure it out for herself though, rather than letting herself be too influenced by what other people want her to be. I'm afraid people sometimes type by what they want people to be rather than what they think they are.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast