Results 1 to 30 of 30

Thread: Lets make money with Socionics

  1. #1
    Destroypuppy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Montreal
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    290
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up Lets make money with Socionics.

    Hello all!

    Here are some ideas,
    Dating system.
    Self-help books for each type.
    Dual seeker MK2000. Like a big laser gun that beeps when pointing to your dual.

    Got more ideas?

    Socionics are not known here in Montreal and I think there is lot of money to be made.
    Maybe a book in french?
    For Quebec to enjoy.

    Who's with me?

  2. #2
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 6 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,596
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    that would be unethical.

  3. #3
    Neural wonderchild Aivonaima's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    TIM
    IEI-Fe e4 458 Sx
    Posts
    272
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hello there, LIE.
    "Use every ounce of potential you have, raise revolution against what people expect of you, and tell the world this is not a rehearsal. This is the real me. And listen up, ‘cause it could be the most honest incarnation yet."

  4. #4
    redbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,321
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm with you! Let's do it!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

  5. #5
    So fluffeh. Cuddly McFluffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    2,780
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Destroypuppy View Post
    Hello all!

    Here are some ideas,
    Dating system.
    Self-help books for each type.
    Dual seeker MK2000. Like a big laser gun that beeps when pointing to your dual.

    Got more ideas?

    Socionics are not known here in Montreal and I think there is lot of money to be made.
    Maybe a book in french?
    For Quebec to enjoy.

    Who's with me?
    I don't think typing is nearly reliable enough for that kind of marketing. What do you do if masses of people take that self-help or (worse) dating advice, only to find out they or someone else was mis-typed?
    Johari/Nohari

    "Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

    Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

  6. #6
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 6 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,596
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    so you're a hit with the Fe creatives so far. maybe this thread would go better in alpha.

  7. #7
    redbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,321
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    lol sometimes I think I could sell anything. as long as I believe in it.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

  8. #8
    ■■■■■■ Radio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,574
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hello pretend LIE trying hard to come off as Gamma

  9. #9
    Anglas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lithuania
    TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Posts
    1,354
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ask ESC to help you he's another gamma fellow

  10. #10
    Cat Lady aixelsyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    488
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think someone tried the dating site idea. I'm pretty sure it failed.
    Life's a bitch and she's got me pussy whipped.

  11. #11
    Arete GuavaDrunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Now in stores near you.
    TIM
    EIE 9w8-5-4 s?
    Posts
    1,524
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm not with you. Those products seem like shortcuts to avoid having to work out each new acquaintance's idiosyncrasties and relating to them as people. It's the kind of stuff that becomes helpful after you stop *needing* it.
    Reason is a whore.

  12. #12
    Cat Lady aixelsyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    488
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think the trick is marketing. So how would you, OP, market these products? Telemarketing, pamphlets, e-mail, direct mail?
    Life's a bitch and she's got me pussy whipped.

  13. #13
    Glorious Member mu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mind
    Posts
    7,966
    Mentioned
    568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Go to ukraine, learn russian/socionics, come back and try to do counselling. Nothing wrong with that imo.

  14. #14
    redbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,321
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GuavaDrunk View Post
    I'm not with you. Those products seem like shortcuts to avoid having to work out each new acquaintance's idiosyncrasties and relating to them as people. It's the kind of stuff that becomes helpful after you stop *needing* it.
    we're not saying the products are necessarily good, just that maybe people would buy them anyway. lol j/k.

    Wait, what's wrong with shortcuts?
    IEI-Fe 4w3

  15. #15
    Arete GuavaDrunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Now in stores near you.
    TIM
    EIE 9w8-5-4 s?
    Posts
    1,524
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    we're not saying the products are necessarily good, just that maybe people would buy them anyway. lol j/k.

    Wait, what's wrong with shortcuts?
    Ha, good albeit technical point re: goodness vs buying.

    I personally dislike shortcuts that seem to avoid gaining a more useful/valuable skill, doing the work for that skill. Sometimes the value is in the journey.

    Not to say I've never used them or always care, but the principle irks.

    Granted not everyone you'll meet is particularly interesting or even interesting at all, it seems like excessive effort to attempt to relate to all those people directly etc, but nontheless they should be treated like humans not collections of symptoms. And some facades can hide surprising things, so an open mind is a useful thing to have on stand-by. I think such a mindset would be *trickier* to maintain if one relies on, essentially, a diagnostic guide-book.

    It's all well and good to mentally categorise people you observe, but when interacting with them I try to keep an open-minded attitude, to not arrogantly assume that I already know all they can offer me (which I do when I assume they're boring after 5 minutes for eg, which incidentally also diminishes the potential for changing this image of them) and these products seem like a good way to slide down that slope. Who am I to decide who someone else is?

    This relates to a personal goal of being myself more open with people, hence my seriousness on the topic. Again not saying I always care about or live up to that standard. Sometimes you just have the one evening and need to weed out the most interesting dates ya know? But I like it as a general attitude.

    Anyway, even superficial relating or networking seems to work better with a little of yourself sprinkled in the sales pitch. People like it when you at least appear invested.
    Reason is a whore.

  16. #16
    Destroypuppy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Montreal
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    290
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think a personalized dating service would be good.
    You'd have to meet with specialists to find your type, and then database, matches, etc...

    Or else, I want to make a fool proof system to find the type of people, then maybe write a cheesy pick up book to find your ideal mate.

  17. #17
    Gravolez's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Sofia, Bulgaria
    TIM
    Te-ILI; 5w6 sx/sp
    Posts
    219
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Just because you think you are LIE doesn't make your ideas any good.

  18. #18
    ILE - ENTp 1981slater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Spain
    TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Posts
    4,866
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    When I started to read about personality types, I found very funny that, after typing the people I know, most of their jobs coincided with the name of their types (LSI-Inspector, LSE-Director, SLI-Craftsman, IEE-Psychologist, SEE-Seller, ESI-Guardian, LII-Scientist, SEI-Artist, etc).
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

    To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

  19. #19
    Destroypuppy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Montreal
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    290
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The hater is right. I am IEE.

  20. #20
    Robot Assassin Pa3s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Germany
    TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Posts
    3,648
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Go home pls
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

  21. #21
    ഗന᎕ᒹ ±ᗉᚔXᙂഗ woofwoofl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Southern Arizona
    TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Posts
    1,905
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    crazyass Ne-ILE



    find Yaaroslav and spearhead the revolution





    ave socionika!

  22. #22
    Snomunegot munenori2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Posts
    7,739
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Let's make socionics with money.

  23. #23
    High Priestess glam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,388
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    Let's make socionics with money.
    in Soviet Russia we can do it!

  24. #24
    The Soul Happy-er JWC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,808
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Destroypuppy View Post
    The hater is right. I am IEE.
    Haters gonna hate
    Easy Day

  25. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,967
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Socionics is something learned for entertainment which people apply silently in closed quarters. Oh, and the 16 types are too generic to be of any use by themselves. If you start talking about them in public, people will think you have mental problems. (I know)

  26. #26
    Yaaroslav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Kiev UA
    TIM
    INTJ
    Posts
    321
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If we solve the problem of convergence - we can to make money with socionics!
    Let me explain my busines-plan: I want to create the social network which provide contacts for its members according to the socionic compatibility. Espacially - quadras relations. Each member of this social network will receive "information goods" which described by 8 socionic aspects. This type of services is the most important for thouse who are the socionic minorities.
    This network will earn money for providing services of typing and entering to the network.
    Let me introduce myself of the real succes and the potential of this busines:
    I have the database of few hundred members. I have been connected several teens of them(according to the most socionic compatibility. There were: Duality, Identity, mirror, activation). The reaction of most of these connections(datings) from my members was something like "WoW!"
    You may see some of the real facts of working knowledge which confirms that - everything what do I say - is the totally thuth. Some of my videoworks like: "Yesenin's just for lols", "Duals ENFJ and ISTJ", "Mirror: Anastasiya INFP and ENFJ(Yavorovsky)", and ets.
    I can say: I have been made a moral good for them. But I can do more. If there were at least one accurate typist in the world who find me with the similar database we could do 4 times more moral goods fo society
    Why 4 times not 2?
    I can explain using the mathematical theorem:
    How many segments can be connected by a set of n points? (The maximum number of segments. No any three points lie on a straight line. Segments may overlap)
    Answer: n*(n-1)/2
    This formula means that there is a quadratic dependence between the number of network members and their relationships. So that means that the profit of the socionic investment would be increasing in quadratic dependence, and that means that the socionics is the highly profitable branch for investments. It is just required much more resourses for initial investment.
    Socionic network would be the stronger corcopation than the Facebook, Google, or Youtube. It has the hicgher profit potention than everything of that.
    DO YOU CONSIDER: YOU CAN NOT MISTAKE?
    (You words - doesn't matter. The matter is - your deeds)
    Anyone who would dare argue with me should be able to pass the test on the basis of Socionics. Otherwise, he will be recognized as a boor.
    Remember: NO CONVERGENCE - NO SCIENCE!

  27. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,967
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yaaroslav View Post
    If we solve the problem of convergence - we can to make money with socionics!
    Let me explain my busines-plan: I want to create the social network which provide contacts for its members according to the socionic compatibility. Espacially - quadras relations. Each member of this social network will receive "information goods" which described by 8 socionic aspects. This type of services is the most important for thouse who are the socionic minorities.
    This network will earn money for providing services of typing and entering to the network.
    Let me introduce myself of the real succes and the potential of this busines:
    I have the database of few hundred members. I have been connected several teens of them(according to the most socionic compatibility. There were: Duality, Identity, mirror, activation). The reaction of most of these connections(datings) from my members was something like "WoW!"
    You may see some of the real facts of working knowledge which confirms that - everything what do I say - is the totally thuth. Some of my videoworks like: "Yesenin's just for lols", "Duals ENFJ and ISTJ", "Mirror: Anastasiya INFP and ENFJ(Yavorovsky)", and ets.
    I can say: I have been made a moral good for them. But I can do more. If there were at least one accurate typist in the world who find me with the similar database we could do 4 times more moral goods fo society
    Why 4 times not 2?
    I can explain using the mathematical theorem:
    How many segments can be connected by a set of n points? (The maximum number of segments. No any three points lie on a straight line. Segments may overlap)
    Answer: n*(n-1)/2
    This formula means that there is a quadratic dependence between the number of network members and their relationships. So that means that the profit of the socionic investment would be increasing in quadratic dependence, and that means that the socionics is the highly profitable branch for investments. It is just required much more resourses for initial investment.
    Socionic network would be the stronger corcopation than the Facebook, Google, or Youtube. It has the hicgher profit potention than everything of that.
    Yaaroslav MBTI already offers this service. Plus you're confusing IM types with EM types.

  28. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default


  29. #29
    Yaaroslav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Kiev UA
    TIM
    INTJ
    Posts
    321
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    Yaaroslav MBTI already offers this service. Plus you're confusing IM types with EM types.
    No MBTI didn't offers this service because they didn't solved the problem of convergence also. Where did I confused IM types nad EM types?
    DO YOU CONSIDER: YOU CAN NOT MISTAKE?
    (You words - doesn't matter. The matter is - your deeds)
    Anyone who would dare argue with me should be able to pass the test on the basis of Socionics. Otherwise, he will be recognized as a boor.
    Remember: NO CONVERGENCE - NO SCIENCE!

  30. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,967
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yaaroslav View Post
    No MBTI didn't offers this service because they didn't solved the problem of convergence also. Where did I confused IM types nad EM types?
    Well for one thing there are a lot of instinctual pressures which push people to find each other. It's only we LIIs who miss out on these. I see a smattering of opportunities around socionics, but none really huge because mankind has evolved to cope with not knowing it (values politics, for example, does a lot to smooth over the type relations). We could probably use socionics itself to point out certain types (or social groups) which can make use of socionics, and use socionics-based innovation to peel them away from more mainstream offerings. But that doesn't mean the other groups are going to follow. In my experience, only people who "go against the grain" tend to show a lot of interest in socionics/MBTI. People who are fine with conventional worldviews don't need it, and are often afraid of being associated with it. It is exactly the rebelliousness of type enthusiasts that makes it so hard to get them to spend money for type-related services. These are people who would be fine living in a commune... they are here for the community and they aren't about to spend money for something that they can get for free. What they really enjoy is adding a socionics "touch" to popular culture... as the lack of interest in my socionics-oriented game ideas demonstrates, they aren't really interested in socionics-centric product. They do like information though and will entertain compendiums of well researched, well argued type analyses.

    You talk of "information goods". I'm not sure how it works in the East, but in the West people are encouraged to cope with undualized life by mastering their weak functions through the "heart". Conservatives in particular link their suggestive and role functions to God. "What God told them to do", "what God called for them to do". So God has pretty much taken over the market on duality. Your idea of linking up types has potential, but how are you going to get ESEs involved? Now about the EM thing: people naturally direct their attention to content for their valued EM functions. That is the force which underlies the markets, not IM types. The IM types are just a hurdle that must be passed before offering a successful product: if any IE-based criticism sticks, the product will fail because the community of people interested in its market will agree, through word of mouth, not to get behind it. Products usually fail because there were serious criticisms to be leveled against it from the beginning, but the creator had irrational hope that people would get behind it, not because of what the product itself offered but what the mentality of its rationalized acceptance promised. Resistance to the influence of contrary partners is a particularly strong driver of market arrogance, the idea that if only this one product succeeded the whole world could finally be made whole, the people turning their back on the devil posed by the pathological thinking of those other people.

    So much impetus is already created by instinct, it's hard for socionics-based approaches to compete.
    Last edited by tcaudilllg; 05-31-2012 at 03:06 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •