Thread: Typing by questions

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Typing by questions.

Hi, I am still trying to be certain about my type.

I was reading :
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...853#post857853
    and if I understand right, you can tell what is your type by asking yourself, what function should I be using, what function is my life goal, what function I want others to use.

I need some help from someone who can sum this up for me.

I believe that in the leading function, the first one is what we expect others to be, and the second one the one I am, and the polr would be who I think I am but should be.
    Arg, damn logic. I always need to crosscheck what I read with someone to be sure I got it right.

Isn't that IEE or ILE or something.

*Confusion*

Ps: There is nothing more important in my life right now then finding my type, that I why I douth so much. I wanna be CERTAIN. Maibe because I want to base my life around this.

There must be a type like that.

Confusedpuppy

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you tried this test yet?
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...803#post872803

Try taking it without looking at the right hand side.
    Only pick the ones you feel confident actually apply to how you are...not necessarily how you wish you were. (our environments like school, family, work might pressure us to aim for certain traits that don't come naturally to us. Leaving us to want to be like [trait] but constantly struggling to be that trait, and might influence questions involving "preferences".)
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Destroypuppy View Post
    Ps: There is nothing more important in my life right now then finding my type, that I why I douth so much. I wanna be CERTAIN.
    Seriously? You may want to check your priorities.

Maibe because I want to base my life around this.
    Well, it's your decision, but I wouldn't recommend that. Whether you're ILE and IEE doesn't change much (it doesn't change anything actually). You are what you are and depending on what you look for in your personality you can be classified as one type or another.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm IEE, the only problem, this means i'm looking for a girl like Shrek.
    lol

Green and Hairy?

Maybe that's why my type is more often gay then the others. Looking for a bitter man.

So SLI, are they really like Shrek?

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

SLIs are like pa3s you should heed the words of your dual.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So SLI, are they really like Shrek?
    Yes. All of them.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I liked Shrek!!
    Prickly outside with an ooey gooey center.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indeed, but I believe i'm ILE now.
    So Peacemakers, watch out!

I asked myself, am I more like the Donkey from Shrek or Doc from Back to the Future, and I'm more like Doc.

Also, most people type me as an ILE.
    I look like an intellectual, and I read a lot, but to feed my Intuation Ex, so I can't read something and get all the knowledge, only what i'm looking for.

Anyway, gtg, at my job.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Do you come up with ideas (some even un realistic) where you would want and expect a realist to help you with the sensory aspect of them?

Do you read up on ideas and combine them with other ideas to see if there's a potentiality of another idea resulting from such ideas?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol, its the story of my life.
    But I thought I might have a hard time with logic because of that missing realist person, but it is sensing that are down to earth.
    Well, that's settled. I use logic to feed my intuition and that's why i'm not good with school, I can't study something unless i'm interested in it.
    I tried to study hard math at cegep, but failed, even tho I tried so hard to understand it, but without the interest, I'd get sleepy or play the not-study game.

So, hidden agenda: to be loved! (makes sense)
    So, girl of my dreams: SEI, The lazy hedonist. Love it. Lets watch tv for the rest of our lives.
    So, now I need to find a real SEI in real life, or to know witch of my ex gf were SEI, so I can IV them.
    And now, for the grand finale! (read really fast the next phrase, you can imagine the Doc's voice also)
    I get a lot of people interested in socionics and start somekind of a cult were there are meetings and seminars and get to match people and study types and get to meet SEI so I can be chosen by the one that wants me the most so I can feel like the chosen one, and then get married and have kids and play video games with them.
    *inhale*
    So who is with me! Lets spread the knowledge!
    Knowledge is power!

One thing I want to do, is the type the astrological signs! I can't believe i'm the first to think about that, since my interest in socionics is the same as in astrology, but now astrology is just a way to introduce socionics for me.
    But I found myself talking about astrological signs and compatibly between them, but I'd like to help people get interested in socionics by crossing the two. So that if you had a lot of astrological knowledge, you could use it for socionics.

Astrology has 12 types, we got 16.

I'm pretty sure that the person who made astrology was seeing resemblance between people, and tried to regroup them into 12 groups.
    This means that astrological signs were made based on socionic types.

Now what types were the inspiration for each astrological sign?

I guess Aquarius is for ILE, future oriented, a little geeky, but still sociable. Love what's new. Maybe include IEE with that.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Destroypuppy
    I'm pretty sure that the person who made astrology was seeing resemblance between people, and tried to regroup them into 12 groups.
    in Augustas name I curse you

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who is Augusta?

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps do a search of the forum for "astrology", particularly posts by rmcnew...though he did change his name a lot towards the astrology portion of his posts, so don't specify "rmcnew". These would have been around the time when he was still owner of this forum, i think, just before selling it.

Edited to add: Augusta is the shortened name of the lady who created socionics. Her name is mentioned in nearly every intro to socionics page you might find.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh!, thanks.

TIM
    No. E9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

One thing I want to do, is the type the astrological signs! I can't believe i'm the first to think about that, since my interest in socionics is the same as in astrology, but now astrology is just a way to introduce socionics for me.
    But I found myself talking about astrological signs and compatibly between them, but I'd like to help people get interested in socionics by crossing the two. So that if you had a lot of astrological knowledge, you could use it for socionics.

Astrology has 12 types, we got 16.

Now what types were the inspiration for each astrological sign?

I guess Aquarius is for ILE, future oriented, a little geeky, but still sociable. Love what's new. Maybe include IEE with that.

I don't think astrology began by the observation of people, but by the symbology of planets.

The links between astrology and socionics are interesting to me, but don't get me started on sun sign astrology...

I think potentially it's a good idea to examine natal chart using points-based system to ascribe most likely socionics types, and work from there.