Thread: ESFj's view of information elements

Creepy-Snaps

Default ESFj's view of information elements

I thought of an idea that could be fun and helpful. I wanted to give my perspective of the information elements... it makes sense to me, if we're on a socionics forum, why not share our understanding, which might help other people grow and better understand others?

I've been studying socionics for almost 2 years now. People skills disclaimer: By no means do I understand everything, nor do my views represent the views of all ESE's. This is not intended to say that one view of the world is right or wrong, since every IE is important at some point in life. I believe this could be of value, even to those people whose views aren't normally compatible with mine: for example, perhaps an INTp could find my description of my POLR to help his understanding of his leading function.

That being said, I'm bound to offend some people regardless. Obviously some people will understand, others won't, but I do know a couple of the rare male ESE's on this forum have PM'd me before, saying they agree with what I say. Regardless if anyone agrees with any of my viewpoints, I hope you can respect that I'm confident enough to say what I think, and be confident enough to open myself up again for criticism.

Without further ado:

Fe: My leading function. What I do almost effortlessly, without even noticing it. I pay attention to people's moods, and the overall emotion of groups of people. I find happiness is a key element in life, and I view the energy level of somebody being important to the quality of their life. I believe if everyone is positive, motivated, and energized, society will be extremely productive, and content, and the world will be a much better place. My views of the world tend to revolve around protecting people's emotional states, and condemning those who are negative or attack somebody else. Before learning to be patient with what I say, I tended to easily offend people by commenting on their behavior, correcting them when it's unwarranted: I don't care if I offend someone in the moment, or if they dislike me: I'd rather be the martyr who is loathed, if I can help change others' behavior to be more positive and overall help other people move forward in life.

Si: An understanding of the physical states... I use this to support the mood of people. I'll be creative in designing atmosphere which are conducive to positive, emotional growth. I pay attention to things like the lighting in a room, how the weather affects people, how physically tired someone is and how it can negatively affect mood, the air quality, smells, textures, tone of voice, etc. I have extremely good hearing as well as a photographic memory. Si comes with a strong attention to detail: how different colors can affect people's moods, how one thing leads to another: I love strategy games, chess, checkers, etc.

Te: I view Te as an understanding of what is necessary to be done... the ability to do things efficiently, by eliminating the unnecessary. In my life, this function is a general weakness, and comes as an inability to differentiate what is important to do or not. I tend to want to get everything done! Write a thank-you note to this person, leave a present at this person's desk to cheer them up, wish this person a happy birthday, and... oh wait, where did the time go? I feel I get more accomplished than most people, but sometimes I feel like I'm not getting the most important things done really. There's always something more to do, and something more to get done! Maybe that's Ej temperament, and I push myself to continue to do more, and don't feel I need much rest. (One reason I haven't been posting on this forum lately, as I'm more focused on my real life) I don't really differentiate what's important or not, and I can remember only a handful of times where I go to bed at night feeling I got everything done that I wanted to. I appreciate the people with Ti ego in my life, that can help me develop a system for being productive, and help me improve my time management skills.

Ni: It's 7:41... I need to be at work by 8:30 A.M. I'm just stepping out of the shower... am I running late? I don't know. I just look at the time, try to figure out if I have time or not to do everything, and almost feel blank, nothing comes to mind... so I focus in the moment again: I'll dress, finish grabbing/cooking breakfast, grab my phone charger and put it in my laptop bag, make sure I have my book which I read a few minutes before work, make sure I put my belt on, make sure my tie matches my shirt, see where my coat is, grab an energy drink, tie my shoes, make sure to put on some vaseline on my hands after the shower so my hands don't dry out, make sure all the lights in my apartment are turned off, make sure the burner is turned off if I finished cooking, make sure the computer is turned off so it doesn't use extra energy while I'm gone, make sure I have my sunglasses so it's not too bright when I step outside, and...... OH CRAP I'M RUNNING LATE AGAIN!

I view Ni as the flow of time. Outside of time management, I have a few Beta friends that seem to use Ni as the 'right timing' to introduce new things in a person's life. Just as Si is about physical comfort, people with strong Ni seem to be aware of psychological comfort: after a person attends an exciting event, Ni, maybe they're ready to make some active changes in order to reach their goal, Se. People with Ni tend to be more 'fluid' as a I like to call it, less pushy. An ENFj friends talks about how they can ease someone into trying new things.

With Ni POLR, I sometimes seem to be unaware of this psychological timing, or just don't care for it. I can come across abrasive sometimes, or pushy. Sometimes I don't care if a person has gone through an emotional divorce, or they're upset because so-and-so family member passed away, if they need to hear something of value which can help them grow, then it's better to tell them now. Why wait? I can come across impulsive and impatient at times, which is something I need to make a conscious effort with, when dealing with people. Sometimes I view Ni as laziness... waiting around for the best timing... well nothing's ever going to be perfect, why not just act now, so you can move on to doing more things, helping more people? Maybe it's my Ej temperament. If I offend someone, at times I don't mind, I'd rather challenge them to be stronger.

Ti: My suggestive function, I normally find sort of boring, but end up finding the most value in. People with strong Ti help me with time management and clarity of thought, and sticking to my principles. AND... they appreciate my sense of humor the most, it seems. In terms of time management, there is an INTj at work whom I sit next to, that helps me avoid meaningless tasks: one time I wanted to jump on a conference call, for which I wasn't a part of the activity or the team on the call, just to have fun and listen to/ talk with more people, and the INTj scolded me and said I should focus on my work. Lol, but I end up appreciating that, so I don't waste my time. I have another friend with Ti ego that suggests how I can best use my evenings to build my business, and I greatly appreciate that as well. Ti offers the insight/organization I need, whether it's organizing folders for work, organizing stuff around the house, or organizing my schedule, I greatly value Ti to assist me in doing what I value most.

Ne: I'm still not completely sure how to describe Ne. I appreciate the light-heartedness in Ne ego, and the ability to understand multiple perspectives. In seems to work with My Si, as I like using different ideas that can help people grow steadily / easily. I tend to view Se/Ni as a more take-charge, more impactful way to make changes in life, and Si/Ne as a more subtle, easier way to navigate/grow through life. Si/Ne is doing different graceful dives into the pool of life, and Se/Ni is doing a big ol' cannonball to make the biggest splash at the opportune time! Of course change is brought about when we're outside our comfort zones, but I feel steady, constant, CONSISTENT change is sometimes more beneficial than periodic, gigantic changes.

Fi: I don't care what people feel about certain things lol. Fi is my ignoring function... I don't really care how someone feels about me, if I say something offensive, I don't care who likes who. I never really even paid attention to the drama of high school, it was never really important to me. I never care about others liking me, which can make me come across like a jerk sometimes, while at other times helps spur great confidence in me, and in taking action. I enjoy public speaking and being able to send a message, and was never really too afraid what others thought of me.

In terms of disputes/conflict, I find taking sides based upon who you like as abandoning your principles... I value objective ethics more! If you're boyfriend/girlfriend gets caught stealing something, do you support them, or do you ditch them because they hurt someone? Do you value Fi, who you like, or the objective ethics of the situation? Neither is more or less important, it's just what you personally value. I'd rather stick with my objective principles, and change my circle of friends if need be. I'm not at all a fan of being friends with a family member, just because they're in my family. If we don't believe in the same values, I don't care. To capture Fe+Ti and Si+Ne: I think sticking to objective, ethical principles is crucial to creating a consistent system in life to effect steady, constant, consistent beneficial change.

Se: I find violence humorous. Lol. That probably sounds horrible. I have an ESTp friend that always tries to out-do everyone else, and be the best dressed, most impactful, most respected person in any group he's a part of: he purposefully does stuff over-the-top, just to be the biggest and the best. He cracks me up.

At work, this poor guy who's not very popular, bless his heart, gets picked on: people will say, in one quick, 2-second sentence, "Hey Rick, say something if you don't want staples shot at you!" and them IMMEDIATELY start firing off staples before giving him a chance to respond. Haha. And all of a sudden this guy, who was peacefully checking his email, has like 5 people shooting staples at him. It's funny.

I find random jokes about punching people in the head funny. In one college town, my ENFj friend was telling me how there's this incredibly steep hill, that drunk people like to walk up at the end of the night, after they leave the bars. I commented it would be fun to take a bucket of soapy water and splash it on the pavement they're walking up, and watch them slip and fall down lol. Maybe that's horrible, but it'd be fun.

In terms of Se motivations, I always find office politics hilarious. Who's trying to sleep with who, who's trying to suck up to so-and-so, who's trying to climb the corporate ladder to get paid more, who's trying to dress well to get more respect, etc... I kind of see those things and just laugh to myself. I used to be a jeans and t-shirt guy in high school, not really concerned with how I come across, before realizing how the objective image you project is important to getting where you want to go, and reaching your goal. I'm aware of it, but never really view it as important, as just creating a positive atmosphere that all people can comfortably have fun in.

Again, I hope this was of some value. I hope this insight/ my perspective can perhaps help people understand male ESE's better, understand socionics better, or hey, maybe you even got some value out of this that I couldn't think of. Regardless, I wanted to share my perspective. How do you view the information elements?
    Last edited by Snaps; 05-17-2012 at 05:09 AM.

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Overall it sounds SEI > ESE.

That said, some of the descriptions are pretty messed up and the rest are severly lacking in content - except for Si and Fe, which are.. okay. Your Te is more like Ti. Ti sounds like bits of Ni and Ti. You said nothing about Ne, but the last sentence points to SEI/SLI in particular, and I'm being a little nitpicky here: wanting a consisntent exposure of Ne or "change" is related to having Ne as a fifth function. Ni is well.. pretty limited. And you do not sound like Ni-polr. ESEs simply will not hurry people to do things and do not like being rushed themselves either. Your concept of the eighth function is pretty funny but far from the truth, although the bits about Se mostly fit.

Did you hit your head or something? Your understanding of the theory became way worse than it used to be.

There is something I don't understand about you though. If your dauls are LII/ILE then these two do not give unsolicited advice or insist on following it (which sounds like Te btw), even though they are pretty good at it. Why do you want to do the opposite? Especially since you seem to have asked for technical help in multiple occasions and you were quite selective about it (like only listening to Krig).

In fact, I'm pretty sure at this point that whatever I advise you will not be considered. I understand not wanting to be influenced but you cannot keep asking for people's input and yet completly disregard what they tell you, and you have done it - yes, consistently.

AAAAAAAAARGGH. This post is way more negative than I hoped. I guess I don't need to tell you to ignore it if you don't like it.
    Last edited by Ryan; 05-17-2012 at 07:15 AM.

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On a semi-unrelated note: You should watch Game of Thrones and tell me who is your favourite character.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

@Mountain Dew..

when you type yourself something do you find yourself seeing all the stuff about yourself that lines up and getting excited because it "makes sense" now? do you get confused and frustrated when you notice things about yourself that don't match? that's what happens to me and its really no good at all. its best for some of us not to think about this stuff too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    On a semi-unrelated note: You should watch Game of Thrones and tell me who is your favourite character.
    what is this?? start a thread please??

Creepy-Snaps

Overall it sounds SEI > ESE.
    This post is way more negative than I hoped. I guess I don't need to tell you to ignore it if you don't like it.
    Hi Ryan! I won't ignore your post, since you were polite with your observations.

Did you hit your head or something? Your understanding of the theory became way worse than it used to be.
    Haha haven't hit my head. But I have taken a bit of a break from socionics, and admit I am rusty. If you don't use it, you lose it. That, and I've average like 4 hours of sleep a night over the past 5 days... been busy, which is excellent, but not necessarily thinking clearly.

There is something I don't understand about you though. If your dauls are LII/ILE then these two do not give unsolicited advice or insist on following it (which sounds like Te btw), even though they are pretty good at it. Why do you want to do the opposite? Especially since you seem to have asked for technical help in multiple occasions and you were quite selective about it (like only listening to Krig).
    This is more or less a learned skill, learning to check the credibility of anyone who gives an opinion. I'm not sure if this is socionics-related. Perhaps Te-related. When I was new, some of my posts from 1.5 years ago, I'd consider everyone's opinion, but now, I find it important to not be influenced by people who don't know what they are talking about, or don't have the fruit on the tree, or what you are striving to get.

In fact, I'm pretty sure at this point that whatever I advise you will not be considered. I understand not wanting to be influenced but you cannot keep asking for people's input and yet completly disregard what they tell you, and you have done it - yes, consistently.
    I apologize for my stubbornness before. I'm sure it must have been frustrating for many forum members here... reading several people-skills books the past couple of months seems to have helped a lot, and I'm continuing to work on my... agreeableness, we'll call it lol.

How have you been, Ryan? What is Game of Thrones? I'm out of the pop-culture loop, with being so busy...

Funny story... I was chatting with a coworker a couple of months ago, and she said she was going to watch Hunger Games... I asked her what that was... she asked if I had been living under a rock lol.

I'm able to laugh at myself now, I've been so focused on being all-business for a while, so serious, not paying attention to other aspects of life.

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    @Mountain Dew..

when you type yourself something do you find yourself seeing all the stuff about yourself that lines up and getting excited because it "makes sense" now? do you get confused and frustrated when you notice things about yourself that don't match? that's what happens to me and its really no good at all. its best for some of us not to think about this stuff too much.
    @lungs,

I use to get a bit frustrated, but don't really think about socionics too much anymore. That's good advice, thank you.

I know I had self-typed LSI, after typing IEE, and I wrote this assuming ESE. I know all the bouncing around is very confusing, but I'm not really trying to self-type anything atm, but just continue focusing on being myself. I think I can get along with everyone regardless of type.

Am I still strongly opinionated in my beliefs? You betcha lol. But what I know to be true is just my perspective, and after reading some of the people-skills books, I'm not trying to force my beliefs on anyone. I just appreciate different people's perspectives now more than ever.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
    This is more or less a learned skill, learning to check the credibility of anyone who gives an opinion. I'm not sure if this is socionics-related. Perhaps Te-related. When I was new, some of my posts from 1.5 years ago, I'd consider everyone's opinion, but now, I find it important to not be influenced by people who don't know what they are talking about, or don't have the fruit on the tree, or what you are striving to get.
    Is this a learned skill that you still struggle with? Or learning that it's ok to do this helped you be more relaxed about? (as in less struggling with looking at how what someone said fit reality)

I ask because http://zhilkin.com/socio/en/ has subjective/objective towards the end. I was curious if either of those options were clearly one over the other for you, or if it's kind of a juggle between the two. (again, it's pure curiosity, not trying to make any point.)
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NI AS TIME IS A METAPHOR AS IN IF SENSING IS 3 SPATIAL DIMENSIONS, INTUITION IS THE FOURTH DIMENSION AKA TIME. IT IS NOT MEANT TO BE TAKEN LITERALLY.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Without further ado:

Fe: My leading function. What I do almost effortlessly, without even noticing it. I pay attention to people's moods, and the overall emotion of groups of people. I find happiness is a key element in life, and I view the energy level of somebody being important to the quality of their life. I believe if everyone is positive, motivated, and energized, society will be extremely productive, and content, and the world will be a much better place. My views of the world tend to revolve around protecting people's emotional states, and condemning those who are negative or attack somebody else. Before learning to be patient with what I say, I tended to easily offend people by commenting on their behavior, correcting them when it's unwarranted: I don't care if I offend someone in the moment, or if they dislike me: I'd rather be the martyr who is loathed, if I can help change others' behavior to be more positive and overall help other people move forward in life.
    I relate to some of this. Not sure it's Fe though.

Te: I view Te as an understanding of what is necessary to be done... the ability to do things efficiently, by eliminating the unnecessary. In my life, this function is a general weakness, and comes as an inability to differentiate what is important to do or not. I tend to want to get everything done! Write a thank-you note to this person, leave a present at this person's desk to cheer them up, wish this person a happy birthday, and... oh wait, where did the time go? I feel I get more accomplished than most people, but sometimes I feel like I'm not getting the most important things done really. There's always something more to do, and something more to get done! Maybe that's Ej temperament, and I push myself to continue to do more, and don't feel I need much rest. (One reason I haven't been posting on this forum lately, as I'm more focused on my real life) I don't really differentiate what's important or not, and I can remember only a handful of times where I go to bed at night feeling I got everything done that I wanted to. I appreciate the people with Ti ego in my life, that can help me develop a system for being productive, and help me improve my time management skills.
    I relate to this as well. Sounds like you value Te though.

Ni: It's 7:41... I need to be at work by 8:30 A.M. I'm just stepping out of the shower... am I running late? I don't know. I just look at the time, try to figure out if I have time or not to do everything, and almost feel blank, nothing comes to mind... so I focus in the moment again: I'll dress, finish grabbing/cooking breakfast, grab my phone charger and put it in my laptop bag, make sure I have my book which I read a few minutes before work, make sure I put my belt on, make sure my tie matches my shirt, see where my coat is, grab an energy drink, tie my shoes, make sure to put on some vaseline on my hands after the shower so my hands don't dry out, make sure all the lights in my apartment are turned off, make sure the burner is turned off if I finished cooking, make sure the computer is turned off so it doesn't use extra energy while I'm gone, make sure I have my sunglasses so it's not too bright when I step outside, and...... OH CRAP I'M RUNNING LATE AGAIN!

I view Ni as the flow of time. Outside of time management, I have a few Beta friends that seem to use Ni as the 'right timing' to introduce new things in a person's life. Just as Si is about physical comfort, people with strong Ni seem to be aware of psychological comfort: after a person attends an exciting event, Ni, maybe they're ready to make some active changes in order to reach their goal, Se. People with Ni tend to be more 'fluid' as a I like to call it, less pushy. An ENFj friends talks about how they can ease someone into trying new things.

With Ni POLR, I sometimes seem to be unaware of this psychological timing, or just don't care for it. I can come across abrasive sometimes, or pushy. Sometimes I don't care if a person has gone through an emotional divorce, or they're upset because so-and-so family member passed away, if they need to hear something of value which can help them grow, then it's better to tell them now. Why wait? I can come across impulsive and impatient at times, which is something I need to make a conscious effort with, when dealing with people. Sometimes I view Ni as laziness... waiting around for the best timing... well nothing's ever going to be perfect, why not just act now, so you can move on to doing more things, helping more people? Maybe it's my Ej temperament. If I offend someone, at times I don't mind, I'd rather challenge them to be stronger.
    I relate a LOT to this. Just unvalued Ni, perhaps?

Ti: My suggestive function, I normally find sort of boring, but end up finding the most value in. People with strong Ti help me with time management and clarity of thought, and sticking to my principles. AND... they appreciate my sense of humor the most, it seems. In terms of time management, there is an INTj at work whom I sit next to, that helps me avoid meaningless tasks: one time I wanted to jump on a conference call, for which I wasn't a part of the activity or the team on the call, just to have fun and listen to/ talk with more people, and the INTj scolded me and said I should focus on my work. Lol, but I end up appreciating that, so I don't waste my time. I have another friend with Ti ego that suggests how I can best use my evenings to build my business, and I greatly appreciate that as well. Ti offers the insight/organization I need, whether it's organizing folders for work, organizing stuff around the house, or organizing my schedule, I greatly value Ti to assist me in doing what I value most.
    Suggestive function is NEVER boring! Should be the most interesting thing. Sounds like you are Ti-POLR or at least Ti-devaluing, not Ti-DS. The things you say you like about Ti, sounds more like Te to me.

Fi: I don't care what people feel about certain things lol. Fi is my ignoring function... I don't really care how someone feels about me, if I say something offensive, I don't care who likes who. I never really even paid attention to the drama of high school, it was never really important to me. I never care about others liking me, which can make me come across like a jerk sometimes, while at other times helps spur great confidence in me, and in taking action. I enjoy public speaking and being able to send a message, and was never really too afraid what others thought of me.
    This actually sounds more like Serious quadra qualities, not Fi-ignoring.

In terms of disputes/conflict, I find taking sides based upon who you like as abandoning your principles... I value objective ethics more! If you're boyfriend/girlfriend gets caught stealing something, do you support them, or do you ditch them because they hurt someone? Do you value Fi, who you like, or the objective ethics of the situation? Neither is more or less important, it's just what you personally value. I'd rather stick with my objective principles, and change my circle of friends if need be. I'm not at all a fan of being friends with a family member, just because they're in my family. If we don't believe in the same values, I don't care. To capture Fe+Ti and Si+Ne: I think sticking to objective, ethical principles is crucial to creating a consistent system in life to effect steady, constant, consistent beneficial change.
    I dont think this goes against Fi at all. This is what Fi-valuing people do, no?

Se: I find violence humorous. Lol. That probably sounds horrible. I have an ESTp friend that always tries to out-do everyone else, and be the best dressed, most impactful, most respected person in any group he's a part of: he purposefully does stuff over-the-top, just to be the biggest and the best. He cracks me up.
    Violence =/= Se.

trying to outdo everyone else could be, though.
    Last edited by Suz; 05-18-2012 at 02:35 PM.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    Is this a learned skill that you still struggle with? Or learning that it's ok to do this helped you be more relaxed about? (as in less struggling with looking at how what someone said fit reality)

I ask because http://zhilkin.com/socio/en/ has subjective/objective towards the end. I was curious if either of those options were clearly one over the other for you, or if it's kind of a juggle between the two. (again, it's pure curiosity, not trying to make any point.)
    Mmm that's interesting. Not sure how I should differentiate. I took a glance at the description there.

I think there are objective laws which hold true, and are interpreted through different shades of reality. I think when it comes to success, it generally requires boldness and strength of will to overcome the present reality you're a part of, and to stick to a goal you're striving for.

I believe I've been blessed with parents who taught me a strong work ethic while I was young, and I would say that's mostly been my view in my life. Not sure if that's what comes naturally to me or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    NI AS TIME IS A METAPHOR AS IN IF SENSING IS 3 SPATIAL DIMENSIONS, INTUITION IS THE FOURTH DIMENSION AKA TIME. IT IS NOT MEANT TO BE TAKEN LITERALLY.
    Thank you for clarifying.

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    I relate to this as well. Sounds like you value Te though
    I think there's value in every function.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for answering.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Creepy-Snaps

You're welcome!

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think there's value in every function.
    As do I, but from the way you described yourself, sounds to me like you love Te and you think Ti is boring, i.e. Te is socionically valued and Ti is socionically unvalued.

I think you should keep LSE on the table.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    As do I, but from the way you described yourself, sounds to me like you love Te and you think Ti is boring, i.e. Te is socionically valued and Ti is socionically unvalued.

I think you should keep LSE on the table.
    Will do, thank you!

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like an SEE instead of an ESE to me.

Fe: My leading function. What I do almost effortlessly, without even noticing it. I pay attention to people's moods, and the overall emotion of groups of people.
    From Wikisocion:
    SEEs are quick to notice confrontational behavior. It is very obvious to an SEE when someone is displaying aggression, even in the most subtle passive-aggressive fashion. Confrontational behavior does not phase the SEE, whether his reaction is to respond with confrontation or hostility himself, creating an outwards appearance of indifference and unimpressiveness, or trying to calm down the offender/make them feel guilty.
    ]I find happiness is a key element in life, and I view the energy level of somebody being important to the quality of their life. I believe if everyone is positive, motivated, and energized, society will be extremely productive, and content, and the world will be a much better place. My views of the world tend to revolve around protecting people's emotional states, and condemning those who are negative or attack somebody else. Before learning to be patient with what I say, I tended to easily offend people by commenting on their behavior, correcting them when it's unwarranted: I don't care if I offend someone in the moment, or if they dislike me: I'd rather be the martyr who is loathed, if I can help change others' behavior to be more positive and overall help other people move forward in life.

Si: An understanding of the physical states... I use this to support the mood of people. I'll be creative in designing atmosphere which are conducive to positive, emotional growth. I pay attention to things like the lighting in a room, how the weather affects people, how physically tired someone is and how it can negatively affect mood, the air quality, smells, textures, tone of voice, etc. I have extremely good hearing as well as a photographic memory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikisocion
    Introverted Ethics
    An SEE usually knows exactly how to make other people feel a certain way. This ability increases its power dramatically the more time he spends with a person. He can offer genuine, believable praise to an individual he wants to reward, and likewise can make a person very upset and/or ashamed in themselves. However, if an offender changes their ways in favor of the SEEs point of view, the SEE will be quick to reward the offender with praise, and appreciation, treating them like a good friend. Moral ground to an SEE completely depends on the situation and is anything but set in stone (hence the creative function).

"Fake niceness" rarely fools an SEE. The SEE can easily tell whether a person is being genuine or just selfishly trying to fulfill their own needs.
    Introverted Sensing
    Knows exactly what is needed for an attractive, comforatable environment and is very good at evaluating this in present environments. If the SEE is "stuck" in a social environment he does not prefer, he can appear to enjoy it and get along with others well for a while, but he will soon become bored and feel a constant nagging in the back of his head to "get the f*** out of here!" In such a situation, he will look for the first excuse possible to exit the situation elegantly and preserve the good will of others towards him.
    Si comes with a strong attention to detail: how different colors can affect people's moods, how one thing leads to another: I love strategy games, chess, checkers, etc.
    Territory and conquer games are very

Te:
    I view Te as an understanding of what is necessary to be done... the ability to do things efficiently, by eliminating the unnecessary. In my life, this function is a general weakness, and comes as an inability to differentiate what is important to do or not. I tend to want to get everything done! Write a thank-you note to this person, leave a present at this person's desk to cheer them up, wish this person a happy birthday, and... oh wait, where did the time go? I feel I get more accomplished than most people, but sometimes I feel like I'm not getting the most important things done really. There's always something more to do, and something more to get done! Maybe that's Ej temperament, and I push myself to continue to do more, and don't feel I need much rest. (One reason I haven't been posting on this forum lately, as I'm more focused on my real life) I don't really differentiate what's important or not, and I can remember only a handful of times where I go to bed at night feeling I got everything done that I wanted to. I appreciate the people with Ti ego in my life, that can help me develop a system for being productive, and help me improve my time management skills.
    Lol, you listed all of the problems you have with Te in your life, then said you appreciate people with Ti ego!? Sounds like you would appreciate somebody with Te ego...
    Extraverted Logic

The SEE likes to constantly be doing things, but not if they don't apply to the long term perspective. If it is suggested that something needs to be done to make a situation better, the SEE can implement such suggestion with boundless faith, energy, and enthusiasm if the suggestion comes from a trusted source. Their dual, the ILI, provides much-needed nourishment in this area of knowledge as the ILI strives to make practical, logical understanding of an unfolding situation. SEE gladly considers suggestions or modifications to the methods he proposes to for achieving his goals, especially if such advice comes from a trusted source.

It sounds like you don't dislike Ni at all, which would mean that it probably isn't your Polr. In fact, it sounds like you want somebody to assist you in this area.

Sometimes I don't care if a person has gone through an emotional divorce, or they're upset because so-and-so family member passed away, if they need to hear something of value which can help them grow, then it's better to tell them now. Why wait? I can come across impulsive and impatient at times,
    This impulsive:
    Being as the SEE is more of a day-to-day, moment to moment type of person, they can suffer great difficulty regarding the long term consequences of their actions. People who they respect as having a firm grasp of the unfolding of events are considered very helpful to the SEE. When the SEE brings such a person into their fold, much trouble and wasted time and energy can be avoided due to such foresight, as opposed to the SEEs usual "try everything and see what works" method of solving problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sociotype.com
    They are inclined to make impulsive decisions, based on immediate and short-term considerations, which the SEEs nevertheless hopes will have a positive result in the context of their long-term goals. They expect assistance from others in that regard, and are disappointed if they do not receive it.
    Ti isn't really about time management, and the clarity of thought could be:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sociotype
    SEEs often have rapid-fire and uncontrolled thinking processes. They are not naturally reflective or contemplative of what they experience, and may regularly fail to consider the consequences or implications of their actions. They may have difficulty concentrating on their mental trains of thought and tend to be inclined to make hasty and impassioned conclusions about the state of their affairs. They can exhibit a tendency to conceptualize their world in overly simplistic terms, without recognizing the degree of intricacy and complexity of the situations around them. In general, they welcome the perspectives of others who can reason with a slower thinking process and help them to carefully mentalize the world around them.
    Also, I find that I appreciate SEE humor the most, because generally conflictors are attracted to each other at first. ESFps are hilarious to me, but I know that as soon as I try to become closer to them problems begin to develop. I think that conflictors are attracted to each others humor at first because it generally makes it look like the Super-Ego functions are being made fun of, which is psychologically pleasing because subconsciously they don't value these and dislike them.

In terms of time management, there is an INTj at work whom I sit next to, that helps me avoid meaningless tasks: one time I wanted to jump on a conference call, for which I wasn't a part of the activity or the team on the call, just to have fun and listen to/ talk with more people, and the INTj scolded me and said I should focus on my work.
    The overall tone I am picking up is that you don't really value Ti. Even though you say you appreciated this particular instance of scolding, it seems like for the most part you don't want this. THE SUGGESTIVE FUNCTION SHOULD NEVER BE BORING.

Ne: I'm still not completely sure how to describe Ne. I appreciate the light-heartedness in Ne ego, and the ability to understand multiple perspectives. In seems to work with My Si, as I like using different ideas that can help people grow steadily / easily. I tend to view Se/Ni as a more take-charge, more impactful way to make changes in life, and Si/Ne as a more subtle, easier way to navigate/grow through life. Si/Ne is doing different graceful dives into the pool of life, and Se/Ni is doing a big ol' cannonball to make the biggest splash at the opportune time! Of course change is brought about when we're outside our comfort zones, but I feel steady, constant, CONSISTENT change is sometimes more beneficial than periodic, gigantic changes.
    Steady, consistent change, could easily be Ni because Ni observes the long term flow of time.

Objective principles are about Fi, because Fi is a static function which means it focuses on the unchanging laws.

At work, this poor guy who's not very popular, bless his heart, gets picked on: people will say, in one quick, 2-second sentence, "Hey Rick, say something if you don't want staples shot at you!" and them IMMEDIATELY start firing off staples before giving him a chance to respond. Haha. And all of a sudden this guy, who was peacefully checking his email, has like 5 people shooting staples at him. It's funny.
    How in the hell is that funny? I don't know any ESFj who would consider that funny...

I used to be a jeans and t-shirt guy in high school, not really concerned with how I come across, before realizing how the objective image you project is important to getting where you want to go, and reaching your goal. I'm aware of it, but never really view it as important, as just creating a positive atmosphere that all people can comfortably have fun in.
    Being a jeans and t-shirt guy is definitely more of an ESFp thing than an ESFj thing. ESFjs, for example:
    Quote Originally Posted by socionics.com
    ESFjs take very good care of their appearance. They always show good taste in clothes, making sure that everything is in harmony and that colours are perfectly matched. When choosing clothes ESFjs always rely on their own taste. They will not purchase a fashionable item if it is not compatible with their own physique. They always wear the right clothes for the occasion.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Dionysus, I could kiss you right now, but maybe you wouldn't like that.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Monkey comes out of the sleeve once again.

End of the road
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MD, u are reallllly confusing me right now. Maybe it would help if you tested intertype relations with people on a forum meet-up, get close with them and then share results
    Beta NF - E-(6w5), 9w1, 4w5 sp/sx

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by Dionysus View Post
    Feedback
    Thank you for the feedback, Dionysus! Very interesting to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Who wouldn't want a kiss from Maritsa?

Quote Originally Posted by Variant View Post
    MD, u are reallllly confusing me right now. Maybe it would help if you tested intertype relations with people on a forum meet-up, get close with them and then share results
    Haha sorry, Variant! A forum meetup would be awesome. I live in southeastern - Pennsylvania right now, not sure if there's anybody near me.