Thread: IEI E4 are "Positivists," SEI E9 are "Negativists"- huh?

Perpetual Confusion Machine PistolShrimp's Avatar
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default IEI E4 are "Positivists," SEI E9 are "Negativists"- huh?

I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding these enneatypes or the Positivist/Negativist dichotomy, but something seems off here. How can the brooding, melancholy E4 be the most likely enneatype for the "Positivist" IEI? How can the head-in-the-clouds, silver-lining seeing E9 be the most likely enneatype for the "Negativist" SEI?

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

my understanding of positive/negativist is that positivists focus on what is present and negativists focus on what isn't present. more like positive/negative images in photography than like optimism and pessimism. its more of a mental thing than an emotional thing.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So it should be "presentist/absentist"?

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PistolShrimp View Post
    I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding these enneatypes or the Positivist/Negativist dichotomy, but something seems off here. How can the brooding, melancholy E4 be the most likely enneatype for the "Positivist" IEI? How can the head-in-the-clouds, silver-lining seeing E9 be the most likely enneatype for the "Negativist" SEI?
    I've seen IEI positivist in action so I can sort of try and explain. They're looking to be inspired, energized and as introverts have a hard time generating that inspiration and energy. This is why their duals who are very energetic but a bit cynical provides, so they're always looking for this emotional high but when they can't find it, they sink into melancholy.

SEI's are a bit different, they do a lot of menial tasks to cover up their anxiety and smooth over discomfort, it's like a salve for their worries, E9 sort of behavior. They seem cheerful, laid back and friendly but there is a undercurrent of anxiety which they need someone who is carefree, able to see things in the distance and flexible can navigate in their dual which is ILE.

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by PistolShrimp View Post
    I dont believe it is as direct at that. The primary quality of an E4 in regards to Socionics is the idea of internalized expression. In this regard, Te, and then is going to be the least likely, with opposite spectrum being more likely. That is the cross-point for te Z-axis between Sociotype and Etypes 4w3 and 4w5 .

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's one IEI positivist, I believe:

Positivism is really strong in him.