Thread: Typing exercise

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default Typing exercise

I think Maritsa's presence has positively affected the "team spirit" of this forum. People that wouldn't otherwise have interacted much or necessarily liked each other have talked & can have a way to feel they have something in common. Maritsa has become an inside joke of a sort, and that kind of things make people feel closer to each other and trust each other more. "The greatest happiness for the greatest number of people""

So, which one of the following are you doing in the above?

• (static) perceives outward sensory data projected by objects. Unless objects change their appearance significantly, the impression will not change.
    • (dynamic) perceives internal reactions to sensory data. Each perception of the same thing can be different depending on the observer's changing internal state.

• (static) perceives inherent potential in objects. Objects don't tend to change their nature much over time, though new circumstances can reveal hitherto unnoticed aspects of that potentiality.
    • (dynamic) perceives internal reactions to external potentiality. Today the possibilities might seem inviting and favorable, but tomorrow they might produce a sense of foreboding or despondency.

• (static) perceives logical interrelations between objects, which by definition belong to a certain class or location, unless the point of reference is changed.
    • (dynamic) perceives what those objects are doing and what is being done with them. One and the same object can be used effectively or ineffectively.

• (static) perceives connections of a subjective, emotional nature that exist between objects. These feelings arise gradually and change little until a significant disruption occurs.
    • (dynamic) perceives how objects are interacting on an emotional level. One and the same object can interact very different with a stable set of other objects depending on a variety of factors.

-
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    I think Maritsa's presence has positively affected the "team spirit" of this forum. People that wouldn't otherwise have interacted much or necessarily liked each other have talked & can have a way to feel they have something in common. Maritsa has become an inside joke of a sort, and that kind of things make people feel closer to each other and trust each other more. "The greatest happiness for the greatest number of people"
    okemon: We have this, but we don't have an emoticon for rolling on the floor laughing.

We have this, but we don't have an emoticon for rolling on the floor laughing.

WE HAVE THIS *pauses for dramatic effect* but we don't have an emoticon for rolling on the floor laughing.

EDIT: On a serious note, didn't we used to have that emoticon? I swear we did.
    Easy Day

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    okemon: We have this, but we don't have an emoticon for rolling on the floor laughing.

We have this, but we don't have an emoticon for rolling on the floor laughing.

WE HAVE THIS but we don't have an emoticon for rolling on the floor laughing.

P.S. On a serious note, didn't we used to have that emoticon? I swear we did.

Say it with class.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

People, seriousness, please
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maritsa, do you ever seriously sit down and wonder why you get in so many arguments with people on here?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    Maritsa, do you ever seriously sit down and wonder why you get in so many arguments with people on here?
    Yes.
    Because I stick to my rules, my passions in my way; because I don't care so much about what's happening externally as I am about keeping true to the logical consistencies I have about how the external should be; my self and the world around me are at odds.
    -

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes.
    Because I stick to my rules, my passions in my way; because I don't care so much about what's happening externally as I am about keeping true to the logical consistencies I have about how the external should be; my self and the world around me are at odds.
    This is only part of the issue as I see it.

The main issue is that you have tremendous difficulty with understanding the finer points of what those on here are actually saying, instead favoring to implant your own opinions of what you *think* they're saying based on your own pre-existing biases, thus skewing the outside party's intended meaning. I've run into this many times in my interaction with you online.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

This is only part of the issue as I see it.

The main issue is that you have tremendous difficulty with understanding the finer points of what those on here are actually saying, instead favoring to implant your own opinions of what you *think* they're saying based on your own pre-existing biases, thus skewing the outside party's intended meaning. I've run into this many times in my interaction with you online.
    That's because I don't see things as they really are (Se polr). I do pay attention to people, but again, I've formulated a strict method and I'm going to follow that regardless of what people say or thing.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 05-14-2012 at 03:33 AM.
    -

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's because I don't see things as they really are (Se polr).
    Nobody can. It is impossible for anybody to see things as they really are. This is the nature of perception, there will always be filters through which outside information is understood. All people deal with this.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Nobody can. It is impossible for anybody to see things as they really are. This is the nature of perception, there will always be filters through which outside information is understood. All people deal with this.
    So if no one can see reality and they all look at things from their own filter then no one, including myself, can understand the finer points right?

I don't understand their meaning and they don't understand mine. So how is it to be judged which is right or wrong? Which is good or bad? Who is majority and who is not? Who we should listen to or not?

I get into it with ppl because simply, I exercise my passion to type and it doesn't coincide with personal beliefs.
    -

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So if no one can see reality and they all look at things from their own filter then no one, including myself, can understand the finer points right?
    Some people, more than others, are very much aware of the limits of their own awareness/understand, as well as the cognitive/emotional biases they hold, and account for that ignorance accordingly.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Some people, more than others, are very much aware of the limits of their own awareness/understand, as well as the cognitive/emotional biases they hold, and account for that ignorance accordingly.
    Yes they are and I'm not, which goes back to Se PoLR as opposed to Se/Si; Se sees things as they are and Si perceives their reaction to what's happening and reacts, sometimes too aggressively.

I get into it with ppl because simply, I exercise my passion to type and it doesn't coincide with personal beliefs.

I simply don't have good perception of myself, how I come off to others. How I can use what I have to get ppl to like me, to get people to adore me, to get people to do shit for me. How or what I can do to manipulate people.
    -

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats to @Agarina for causing it, though.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes they are and I'm not, which goes back to Se PoLR as opposed to Se/Si; Se sees things as they are and Si perceives their reaction to what's happening and reacts, sometimes too aggressively.
    I don't think it's fair to pass this off on Se PoLR. If anything, being IJ is a much more likely reason, but that's still not an excuse to perpetuate it.

And that's totally fine. Have opinions, opinions and passions are wonderful things. But if you do, you have to make sure that you're actually understanding what it is other people say. Self-betterment, no?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I don't think it's fair to pass this off on Se PoLR. If anything, being IJ is a much more likely reason, but that's still not an excuse to perpetuate it.
    Oh it's fair; it's not common because it is uncommon.
    -

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh it's fair; it's not common because it is uncommon.
    oh okay

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

PPl who are very well aware of how they come off to others can "tailor" themselves, coming off softly, and delicately in what they say and even change what they mean to agree with you; I don't. I'll give it to you even if it hurt your ass; don't care because as long as I am following my morals of myself, which is to be honest I don't care about what that makes me look like and if I can't dress it with words that are a bit less harsh well than know that I'm just being direct, blunt, to the point, and honest. You can read how this SEE does it all:

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ghlight=evelyn

"This was hidden beneath a carefully managed and presented exterior of self-conscious
    ‘softness’. "

I'm not going to dress it up because I'm not a cake designer; I get to the cake. Skip the frosting. I don't do self conscious 'softness' thing. AND I DON'T PLAY POLITICIAN WITH PEOPLE EITHER, which is being diplomatic and peaceful and getting people to get along, etc. I say and speak my mind regardless of how it effects people, but on the same hand, I'm not out to hurt people.
    -

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PPl who are very well aware of how they come off to others can "tailor" themselves, coming off softly, and delicately in what they say and even change what they mean to agree with you; I don't. I'll give it to you even if it hurt your ass; don't care because as long as I am following my morals of myself, which is to be honest I don't care about what that makes me look like and if I can't dress it with words that are a bit less harsh well than know that I'm just being direct, blunt, to the point, and honest.
    Again, I don't have an issue with bluntness so long as it's intelligent and relevant to the thing you're responding to.

Furthermore, I don't get why you see Socionics as a moral issue.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Again, I don't have an issue with bluntness so long as it's intelligent and relevant to the thing you're responding to.

Furthermore, I don't get why you see Socionics as a moral issue.
    I added more things to my post.
    -

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I added more things to my post.
    Cool, but my original post still stands.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Let's go over post in the op

(dynamic) perceives internal reactions to sensory data. Each perception of the same thing can be different depending on the observer's changing internal state.

This, because the person is perceiving the way other people are reacting when talking about me.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

And, you too Galen
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Now, all of you can go kiss my rear end.
    -

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now, all of you can go kiss my rear end.
    I would if I had any idea what it is you said or how it's at all relevant to what we're talking about.

Congrats on post 11,111 tho

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

[Agarina looks perceives data] I [subjective nature represented by "I"] think Maritsa's presence has positively affected the "team spirit" of this forum [affected the team spirit of the forum is she sees how the others are interacting with me on an emotional level]. People [people is other objects] that wouldn't otherwise have interacted much or necessarily liked each other have talked & can [perceives again] have a way to feel they have something in common [Fe again because they feel -emotions are expressed in their external sense]. Maritsa has become an inside joke of a sort [perception] and that kind of things make people feel [Fe feel perceives emotional reaction of object] closer to each other and trust each other more. "The greatest happiness for the greatest number of people"" [concludes with what was perceived emotionally by what she saw/perceived]

-

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of the things you're failing to catch onto is that most of what Agarina wrote was from the possible viewpoints of others, rather than strictly from herself. Which is something that Delta NFs do...that,s one way in which Delta Ne works with Delta Fi.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    One of the things you're failing to catch onto is that most of what Agarina wrote was from the possible viewpoints of others, rather than strictly from herself. Which is something that Delta NFs do...that,s one way in which Delta Ne works with Delta Fi.

That's what I wrote in one of the posts below and if you had any vision and ability to process things you'd see that...do you want me to post that so you can see?

Post #21
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...l=1#post871676

And Si coupled with Fe emphasizes the viewpoints of others and not only of themselves. Delta NF's don't observe things going on with other people in emotional sense; she did that.

You can either be like me and start from a base that is unperceived and then perceive them or you can perceive them first than judge them; in her case, she perceives them and then judges them. This is why I'm such a hard ass to you because you would rather me not judge before I perceive which I do and you should like that.
    -

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's what I wrote in one of the posts below and if you had any vision and ability to process things you'd see that...do you want me to post that so you can see?

Post #21
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...l=1#post871676

And Si coupled with Fe emphasizes the viewpoints of others and not only of themselves. Delta NF's don't observe things going on with other people in emotional sense; she did that.

You can either be like me and start from a base that is unperceived and then perceive them or you can perceive them first than judge them; in her case, she perceives them and then judges them.
    What you wrote in red in that linked post is wrong.
    ----

delta NFs are very much interested in what's going on psychologically and emotionally within a person's psyche. Ne helps them step out of their own viewpoint, and into the shoes of others. So in the case of FiNe, they may initially start out with their own values/judgments, but their Ne opens their minds up further towards recognizing and observing that other people have their own values/judgments...and then stepping into those people's shoes, to get their viewpoints, as needed.

In the context of what she wrote, there were already plenty of writings about what infps thought were going on. Agarina has shown a full ability to comprehend the written word..and meanings from it. So it,s not a huge step to have included those observations others had written about, in that paragraph you're trying to type.

Having included other people's viewpoints does not mean that she used Fe to get those views.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

What you wrote in red in that linked post is wrong.
    ----

delta NFs are very much interested in what's going on psychologically and emotionally within a person's psyche. Ne helps them step out of their own viewpoint, and into the shoes of others. So in the case of FiNe, they may initially start out with their own values/judgments, but their Ne opens their minds up further towards recognizing and observing that other people have their own values/judgments...and then stepping into those people's shoes, to get their viewpoints, as needed.

In the context of what she wrote, there were already plenty of writings about what infps thought were going on. Agarina has shown a full ability to comprehend the written word..and meanings from it. So it,s not a huge step to have included those observations others had written about, in that paragraph you're trying to type.

Having included other people's viewpoints does not mean that she used Fe to get those views.
    Ann, I'm not going to answer you any more. If you can't see that what she's doing is perceiving the emotional environment created by me in that post than you've got to reevaluate your understanding of Fe.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Maritsa has affected the team spirt.

The object has changed the emotional atmosphere.

People that wouldn't have interacted with her are because their feelings have changed.

Maritsa's become an inside joke.

More observation of the emotional atmosphere.

Because of this emotional atmosphere that Maritsa's created, people can TRUST [Ti valuing] each other.

Perceives what causes trust or Fe between people.
    -

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ann, I'm not going to answer you any more. If you can't see that what she's doing is perceiving the emotional environment created by me in that post than you've got to reevaluate your understanding of Fe.
    More like you need to reevaluate your understanding of what she wrote.

So many people have criticized you for not grasping what they wrote, nor their meanings. And still, you don't bother to reevaluate your comprehensions of them...not even for a moment. Another sign of your very weak N.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Where is Fi? The interest in what's going on psychologically and emotionally with A person?

"Maritsa I know you're hurt, but I feel that you should try to calm down. To release these pent up emotions so you can feel better."

She's perceiving thing from an emotional point of view; what she's perceiving is other people's emotions and not that of her own.

"I empathize with your pain, with her pain, I feel for her."
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

More like you need to reevaluate your understanding of what she wrote.

So many people have criticized you for not grasping what they wrote, nor their meanings. And still, you don't bother to reevaluate your comprehensions of them...not even for a moment. Another sign of your very weak N.
    MY STONG NE IS IN MY ABILITY TO THINK ABSTRACTLY; to take her comment and to make a novel new connection between ideas.

Have you ever F**** seen anyone else do this on the forum?
    -

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

MY STONG NE IS IN MY ABILITY TO THINK ABSTRACTLY; to take her comment and to make a novel new connection between ideas.

Have you ever F**** seen anyone else do this on the forum?
    Chillax, Maritsa you should go smoke a bowl of weed and get stoned enough to see yourself for who you really are, lol. I think you give socionics too much credit, it's just a theory that attempts to explain how we interact with the outside world. That's all, it delves little into who you actually are as a person. Socionics tries to explain what the shell of the egg is like, but it mostly ignores the yolk. I think you're a good person deep inside, but you've developed some horrible habits and coping mechanisms throughout the years.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Raver View Post
    Chillax, Maritsa you should go smoke a bowl of weed and get stoned enough to see yourself for who you really are, lol. I think you give socionics too much credit, it's just a theory that attempts to explain how we interact with the outside world. That's all, it delves little into who you actually are as a person. Socionics is like the shell of the egg, but it mostly ignores what's inside. I think you're a good person deep inside, but you've developed some horrible habits and coping mechanisms throughout the years.
    Thanks. I've been pushed too far this week with medical issues and I'm really not feeling good today. There's that Fi (concentrating on my feelings) Darn it; I need some serious Te.
    -

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where is Fi? The interest in what's going on psychologically and emotionally with A person?

"Maritsa I know you're hurt, but I feel that you should try to calm down. To release these pent up emotions so you can feel better."

She's perceiving thing from an emotional point of view; what she's perceiving is other people's emotions and not that of her own.
    She's "perceiving" (aka reading) what other people wrote. And included their writings with her own.

Anytime someone talks of Fi...you turn it to yourself...as if YOU are Fi. If they aren't thinking of Maritsa, and Maritsa's feelings, then you label them not Fi. Yet you don,t give a shit about anyone else's feelings or thoughts.

So let,s look at that paragraph again:
    I think Maritsa's presence has positively affected the "team spirit" of this forum. People that wouldn't otherwise have interacted much or necessarily liked each other have talked & can have a way to feel they have something in common. Maritsa has become an inside joke of a sort, and that kind of things make people feel closer to each other and trust each other more. "The greatest happiness for the greatest number of people"
    Team Spirit was in quotations. Team spirit is often associated with Fe. And plenty of Fe people wrote their views on what they thought was going on. Those views they wrote included concepts of groups..or people doing things because other people were doing them or approved of them, etc. These writings is where I believe that Agarina obtained the concept of group/team spirit.

Her next sentence talks about people interacting based on a commonality. Where individual fields of interest/emotions connect with another's. Connecting with someone else via a common field of interest is something that Delta NFs regularly focus on.

Then she added on more Fi when she talked about people feeling closer to each other (relational closeness/distance) and trusting each other more...because the other person is 'similar' to themself.

In the paragraph, she placed how individuals feel about you (their own Fi) and how those personal feelings helped them connect with and trust those who felt the same way about you as the crux, the catalyst, for people's Fi connecting them together.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

(static) perceives inherent potential in objects. Objects don't tend to change their nature much over time, though new circumstances can reveal hitherto unnoticed aspects of that potentiality.

I just revealed the aspects of combining the static/dynamic elements with a direct quote from a member; I have the tools and the insight to bring these things together; these two separate ideas which haven't been done before; in doing so I've revealed to you the potential of typing on writing material. A new possibility.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

She's "perceiving" (aka reading) what other people wrote. And included their writings with her own.

Anytime someone talks of Fi...you turn it to yourself...as if YOU are Fi. If they aren't thinking of Maritsa, and Maritsa's feelings, then you label them not Fi. Yet you don,t give a shit about anyone else's feelings or thoughts.

So let,s look at that paragraph again:
    Team Spirit was in quotations. Team spirit is often associated with Fe. And plenty of Fe people wrote their views on what they thought was going on. Those views they wrote included concepts of groups..or people doing things because other people were doing them or approved of them, etc. These writings is where I believe that Agarina obtained the concept of group/team spirit.

Her next sentence talks about people interacting based on a commonality. Where individual fields of interest/emotions connect with another's. Connecting with someone else via a common field of interest is something that Delta NFs regularly focus on.

Then she added on more Fi when she talked about people feeling closer to each other (relational closeness/distance) and trusting each other more...because the other person is 'similar' to themself.

In the paragraph, she placed how individuals feel about you (their own Fi) and how those personal feelings helped them connect with and trust those who felt the same way about you as the crux, the catalyst, for people's Fi connecting them together.
    I'm mailing you an effing microscope ok. Feeling Introvert; Feeling introvert; "my feeling" "I feel" Feeling introvert; my feeling; "I feel" Your atmosphere flows into me where it's processed through my static perception of what I feel about what's going on. The feeling of proximity, closeness is what draws me to her; she gets mad...I see that as a static image (a mad person) I reach out out of the image created in my head to "help her deal with her feelings" idealizing a better situation for her wanting to help her come to terms with it and deal with it and release emotional tension.
    -

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm mailing you an effing microscope ok. Feeling Introvert; Feeling introvert; "my feeling" "I feel" Feeling introvert; my feeling; "I feel" Your atmosphere flows into me where it's processed through my static perception of what I feel about what's going on.
    Here you are ignoring the relational ethics component of Fi.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Here you are ignoring the relational ethics component of Fi.

I really feel sorry for you. Is that rational ethical enough for you?

Or

"You're a terrible human being" Is that rational ethical enough for you?

Or

"you bug the living daylights out of me." Is that rational ethical enough?
    -

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast