Default If you are anti-gay, you do not understand Christianity

Agree?

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed. Also reflects a shoddy understanding of the Bible, more than anything. So when the Bible is used as a basis (and the real only basis) for being anti-gay, it asks for many facepalms.

And I'll be fair to admit I listened to other people and their interpretation of the Bible when I was a religious extremist back in the day, but it doesn't excuse my own idiocy.
    Last edited by aixelsyd; 05-12-2012 at 08:09 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    ISTP Se-LSI 6w5cp sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True, if your views are those of following "Christian" beliefs. True Christianity based on biblical scripture is not anti-gay, with the proper message taken. Unfortunately, alot (perhaps most) "Christians" listen to what others tell them to believe vs. reading and trying to understand the Bible.
    But, you can be anti-gay without your ideas being linked to "Christianity" at all, although I find it highly unlikely in this country. In this case, "Christianity" would have nothing to do with an anti-gay stance.
    Last edited by jet city woman; 05-12-2012 at 08:45 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nope

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope.

+ who even cares religion is a horrible disease that needs to be gotten rid of.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Biblical story of Sodom is misinterpreted for starters.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Anti-gay, yes. Anti-gay people, no.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

End of the road
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.timschraeder.com/2010/06/...-at-gay-pride/

Agreed, this is how it should be like
    Beta NF - E-(6w5), 9w1, 4w5 sp/sx

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I saw you joining that Gay/Straight alliance group on facebook tcaud. I thought that was so cute. =)

Even though your mind can be crazier than Lindsay Lohan with vodka and cocaine, you have a heart of pure gold.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is maybe getting a little old, but..

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    I think a better way to phrase this is that believing homosexuality is wrong is not at all in conflict with the Bible. Treating someone badly because they are homosexual is completely in conflict with it, as we're told to love people regardless of how we feel about their beliefs or actions.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    religion is a horrible disease that needs to be gotten rid of.
    To destroy religion*, you must destroy faith.

To destroy faith, you must destroy humankind.

*and all its equivalents
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa3s View Post
    To destroy religion*, you must destroy faith.

To destroy faith, you must destroy humankind.

*and all its equivalents
    I think we're at a point where there is no cultural necessity for a centralized religion. I think it's fine to have faith, in fact it's more than fine; it's human. It bothers me when this faith is assumed to hold equal importance for every individual. I don't think that's true. It may be useful for some people but not necessarily for everyone. Whatever floats your boat. The idea of a "universal" God and the homogeneity of belief might have historically had a major part in tying together individuals/groups under a common umbrella, but like I said, we're past the point culturally where -- at least in more educated regions of the world -- religion is not the primary factor in deciding which social group we belong to.

If there's a need for a substitute then maybe we need to reach out to a more personal God, a deity that speaks to your sense of right and wrong, and doesn't impose that onto others, a deity that recognizes the subjectivity of interpretation, who doesn't assume that norms would never change, who doesn't assume knowledge of science (later to be proven wrong). And which may take take you to your own personal heaven.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The conflict preventers will always promote religion. They couldn't bear the grief otherwise.

Fortunately, Jesus was a decently smart dude. And quite manipulative.

The key is to recognize that sin isn't a problem, because Jesus has already given his life. Thus, all sin in nullified. So homosexuality is a sin. Who cares now that Jesus is dead, and arisen?

The problem is pride, particularly the pride of positivist extremists (i.e. fundies). These people cannot bear association with sin, and as such, they condemn those who commit sin. But because Jesus has already redeemed man, sin is irrelevant. There is only the individual nature of the person, which is to play out in concert with other such natures. The tale of human history, in other words.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you braid your hair, or eat shellfish, or wear clothes of mixtures of two types of fabric, you are also sinning according to the Bible. Just stop worrying about what other people are doing that might or might not be a sin. Live your own life and stop fretting about other people's lives so much. Even if God does view it as a sin, it isn't your job to judge and punish for it. MOVE ON. LIVE YOUR OWN LIFE.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    Agree?
    Absolutely not, There are plenty of religions that condemn homosexuality, not just Christianity as well as plenty of people who condemn homosexuality with no religious background at all.
    Easy Day

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

as well as plenty of people who condemn homosexuality with no religious background at all.
    I think that's an important fact for people to remember. I think the gay rights movement can kinda treat religious people unfairly sometimes. I remember one time I had this assholeish athiest kid say to my face that he thought homosexuality was a mental disease and that "Many professional psychologists agreed with him." I mean he seriously said that to my face, in real life. .

Religious nutjobs are an easy target because they tend to have the IQ of a gnat, but there are plenty of anti-gay people that actually have high intelligence levels.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agarina View Post
    This is maybe getting a little old, but..

Hahaha I like this a lot. Brilliant!

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    I think that's an important fact for people to remember. I think the gay rights movement can kinda treat religious people unfairly sometimes. I remember one time I had this assholeish athiest kid say to my face that he thought homosexuality was a mental disease and that "Many professional psychologists agreed with him." I mean he seriously said that to my face, in real life. .

Religious nutjobs are an easy target because they tend to have the IQ of a gnat, but there are plenty of anti-gay people that actually have high intelligence levels.
    I mean I think that's part of living in Michigan. I was doing a Haunted Hay Ride once, as an actor, and one of the kids says: "You're into theatre? Do you know any of those homos? I hate homos. Cept lesbians."

I mean outside of specific niches I feel like it's a fairly intolerant state regardless of intelligence.
    Easy Day

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Christianity replaces the tedious and combersome laws of the old testiment. The whole message and clear glass view of Christianity and my view of it is this:

God loves you
    You should love God
    You should love your neighbor like you want to be loved.

I want my gay neighbors to love me as a Christian or any other human. It's interesting when you look at people through a clear glass with very little clutter of laws and other things that you want to make to suppress their civil rights isn't it?

I honestly don't think that these extreme so called Christian Fundamentalists realize that when they advocate an amendment to the First Const. banning gay marriage that what they are really asking for in return is that it would be okay for someone else to make limitations on their own freedom; how about something like "take my kids away if I don't meet your expectations of me."

My opinion; keep wiping the fog off your window and maybe that will help you think better.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Agree?
    I agree; if you're anti-gay not only do you not understand Christianity, but you're not Christian. You can start towing your bible around, thump your feet, shout and declare your Christianity to the world. YOU ARE NOT CHRISTIAN.

Do you like black people? OOOOOhhhh tricky huh? Well, you better start thinking about that, girlfriend.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 05-13-2012 at 08:06 AM.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The end is nigh

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I quite liked the ad campaign the parishes of Helsinki had a few years ago here

"Jesus digs you unconditionally"

("Jesse" is a slang nickname for jesus, but i couldn't think of an English equilevant)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    I agree; if you're anti-gay not only do you not understand Christianity, but you're not Christian. You can start towing your bible around, thump your feet, shout and declare your Christianity to the world. YOU ARE NOT CHRISTIAN.
    Do you even know what a Christian is? If you aren't a Christian, you shouldn't claim to know more about it than the Christians do. God designed marriage to be between a man and a woman. Changing God's design is wrong. And what would throwing a Bible accomplish?

Do you like black people? OOOOOhhhh tricky huh? Well, you better start thinking about that, girlfriend.
    Why wouldn't I like black people? They're rare around these parts and I can't help but look with fascination when I see someone truly black, but it's nothing I have to think about. They're just as likely to be good or bad as anyone else.

Yes, I'm racist. But we're all still the human race. It's those orcs I'm prejudiced against.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't know whether someone finds this interesting or not, but here goes nothing.

There are nine outer behaviours which one might call "sins". Those behaviours are not exactly sins is what I mean.

Who is Not in the Kingdom - and Never Was, hence Shall not Inherit the Kingdom literally means not-right with the self as in un-righteous and of course, it was misinterpreted to mean "moral" like most things in the Bible.

St. Paul used the word Thanatos to refer to those people, people manifesting those nine outer behaviours.

Furthermore Seven Deadly Sins don't mean what you think they mean.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Christianity replaces the tedious and combersome laws of the old testiment.
    You need spellcheck.

The New Testament does not replace the Old Testament. It continues the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Furthermore Seven Deadly Sins don't mean what you think they mean.
    I think they mean "seven things you should avoid." Am I close?

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think they mean "seven things you should avoid." Am I close?
    Nope. I'm going to mention a couple only.

Greed - A person can have many material things and not be greedy. It boils down to the way a person wants, nothing is ever enough, nothing satisfies.

And,

Lust - this one is the most misunderstood and distorted actually. In Timothy, Paul states that anyone preventing the natural union of male and female, or preaching against it, is a demon. He says the same thing about people preaching against the consumption of animal meat.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paul, who was named Saul, was an ass.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well yes, I'm not exactly the biggest fan of him, although, Paul was a Hellenic Jew, well versed in literature so he knew and could distinguish Thanatos from Zoos.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You need spellcheck.

That was a mistake, it didn't replace it because Jesus said that not one word of the old Test. should be changed; however, he did add two new things that is that you should love God and that you should love your neighbors as you would want to be loved.

So, how can anyone stand to shout mean things at gay people with their anti-gay rights slogans and still say they love them? Isn't this sinister?
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Do you even know what a Christian is? If you aren't a Christian, you shouldn't claim to know more about it than the Christians do. God designed marriage to be between a man and a woman. Changing God's design is wrong. And what would throwing a Bible accomplish?
    That's really a pathetic argument, isn't it. You change God's design every day with your interest in technological equipment, like using a fridge.

The Bible doesn't mention the internet, abortions, etc...stop using them, please.

Jesus Christ doesn't mention homosexuality. How come when Christians are justifying anti-homosexuality or ANY prejudice, they don't quote what Jesus said? Isn't Jesus the word of Christianity?

Why wouldn't I like black people? They're rare around these parts and I can't help but look with fascination when I see someone truly black, but it's nothing I have to think about. They're just as likely to be good or bad as anyone else.

Yes, I'm racist. But we're all still the human race. It's those orcs I'm prejudiced against.
    Christians, at one point or another, have made every excuse in the world to hate one people or another; so I guess now it's the gay people's turn? Oh, I'm sure if Christians had crosses, they would crucify gay people and burn people in the name of God all over again. This is really a behavior fitting of a Christian, isn't it?

Amongst all this hate, I'm really surprised that Christians don't do one thing that Jesus did which was to love and take care of the POOR, in fact, conservative Christians have had very little inanition but to elect those candidates who were against supporting the poor with their anti Social agenda as we can see with the Republican party, yet again.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 05-13-2012 at 02:24 PM.
    -

Creepy-pokeball

What if I'm pro-human and I dont care about Christianity.

Oh what if games. Arent they fun?!

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This picture is not criticism. I thought it was just fairly amusing.

If I want to get academic on the term Christian, I usually define that a Christian is a person who signs everything in Nicene Creed.
    I also understand when some outcasts express their beliefs to be Christian, but I usually refer to many of these beliefs to be Christian-based, such as .

Maritsa and DA, you are both Christians and Jesus wouldn't want you to denounce the Christianity of your sisters in faith. You only have different stance on what Bible the (and the culture around?) it says about it.

I am very familiar with the common arguments and I can't really tell which way things should be. I simply want gay marriage to be okay with the most of people.
    But I'm not a Christian so I haven't really thought in all the ways the New Testament updates the Old Testament. I simply just think it's a bit bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by God through the Old Testament to New Testament
    Here, Eve and Adam people have a life.

Oh how could you eat that apple? I gave you EVERYTHING. Well I didn't trust you anyways cos I should have known. Oh wait I did since I'm omniscient.Well, here have some blood from between your legs, woman. And man you must toil in the fields until industrial revolution. Unless you are just wealthy land owner. Oh, and so must your descendants. Which is all of humanity.
    And so shall my reign with wrath for few thousand years. Here have some boils, floods, death and vermin.

And then I put send figurehead side to Earth. You know the hippie who got his place because he's my son with good PR skills?
    He can make some nicer rules, but I don't want to seem soft. You know with the "good cop bad cop" thing going on there.

I guess the humanity owes me for eating from my special tree. I'll guess I'll kill my avatar,respawn it, let him say goodbye and then beam him back up. That seems like a fair amount of payment for their inherited debt.
    I would just be real happy for many if the society would let priests decide their own stance on it and individual priests could wed people if they saw it fit with the teachings of Bible. But I don't really care because I the following do not concern me:
    -marriage
    -Christianity

But I don't have any single strong view on what would Jesus do or say.

I'm just real happy that Christianity alienates more and more people as people can't marry their preferred gender.
    Last edited by Aquagraph; 05-13-2012 at 02:41 PM.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You know who made the internet? Some pro gay, atheist. So stop using it if you are a so called Christian who wants to fallow the word of God/Jesus and want to follow his design.
    -

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Upgrade? 2.0? What do you think that changes?

You know who made the internet? Some pro gay, atheist. So stop using it if you are a so called Christian who wants to fallow the word of God/Jesus and want to follow his design.
    Umm, can we have someone else to be the counter debate to Abbie on the pro gay marriage side? Maybe someone who actually contributes credibility than sucks it off?
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

Creepy-pokeball

Upgrade? 2.0? What do you think that changes?

Umm, can we have someone else to be the counter debate to Abbie on the pro gay marriage side? Maybe someone who actually contributes credibility than sucks it off?
    I did. It's called the "Get a life, not someone else's" argument, lol.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First of all, God didn't design shit. Before Judaism came around, people sanctified their affection by humping in a cave for a few weeks on end. WE decided there should be rings and legal contracts and tax breaks involved. So break that shit off.

I WAS a Christian, raised by a priest, surrounded and consumed by Christianity for the first 12 years of my life, from a family that has been Christian for as long as the damn Pope's family, and I can tell you for sure: if you reject ANYONE on the FACE of this planet, and would turn your back before turning the other cheek, you are no damn Christian.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-pokeball

I think I lost faith when I saw Jesus on the side of a Harley in church in Sturgis, SD when I was 5, lol. At around 10 or so, I thought the idea of a God watching you was perverted, lol. Fuck that.

Do the math.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

So, how can anyone stand to shout mean things at gay people with their anti-gay rights slogans and still say they love them? Isn't this sinister?
    Shouting at gays is rude. Just inform them that they're sinning and get on with life.

I figure since there's no such thing as gay marriage (I don't care what politics say. It's impossible.), gay sex is the same thing as sex out of wedlock. And that's bad.

conservative Christians have had very little inanition but to elect those candidates who were against supporting the poor with their anti Social agenda as we can see with the Republican party, yet again.
    You bet I'm against the government supporting the poor! That just encourages people not to bother trying. If people actually need help, there are plenty of helpful people and organizations not associated with the government that can assist them.

That's really a pathetic argument, isn't it. You change God's design every day with your interest in technological equipment, like using a fridge.
    No. God designed us to be creative and productive and take care of our bodies. Someone created the refrigerator as a machine that will do the job of preserving food so we don't end up eating stuff that has gone bad. By "God's design" I don't mean how the world should be, but how it should work.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think he was a .

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast