Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

why? why do you love it?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Creepy-pokeball

Because everyone can see some sort of universal pattern, and it is also so explicitly set together that it shows how all of these seemingly random ideas relate. Usually, thesesorts of ideas are encountered bit by bit, instead as a whole. It also explains things taken for granted that we usually do not perceive. For example, it connects the three spectrums of testosterone together -- the daily cycle, the yearly cycle, and the lifespan stages of development.

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's pretty cool Jadae. Didn't know about that.
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae View Post
    Because everyone can see some sort of universal pattern, and it is also so explicitly set together that it shows how all of these seemingly random ideas relate. Usually, thesesorts of ideas are encountered bit by bit, instead as a whole. It also explains things taken for granted that we usually do not perceive. For example, it connects the three spectrums of testosterone together -- the daily cycle, the yearly cycle, and the lifespan stages of development.
    You like the object because of how well it performs?
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I love charts. But that one's not very good.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    I love charts. But that one's not very good.
    Why do you think that?
    -

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Why do you think that?
    Primarily because people sleep at different times. It doesn't fit.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

But this is one way in which you devalue and value ; you're looking at something specific that doesn't fit into that chart, while the chart explains things in a general or "rough" explanation, hence those who value are likely to find it interesting; they can take a chart like this and apply it to a general not specific cases.
    -

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

But this is one way in which you devalue and value ; you're looking at something specific that doesn't fit into that chart, while the chart explains things in a general or "rough" explanation, hence those who value are likely to find it interesting; they can take a chart like this and apply it to a general not specific cases.
    I'm not valuing Se. I'm valuing Te. This chart doesn't fit my schedule. It doesn't fit me. It is wrong. If it is wrong, it is bad.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it is wrong, it is bad.
    Dangerous words to live by

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I'm not valuing Se. I'm valuing Te. This chart doesn't fit my schedule. It doesn't fit me. It is wrong. If it is wrong, it is bad.
    First of all Te doesn't make hard and fast rules like that that are based on static information like a chart. Te judges how well something works and Te with Ne valuing looks at the general way in which something can be applied to the outer workings of things. Te judges the mechanics (dyamics) of what is observed in the HOWs "t shows how all of these seemingly random ideas relate"; Ne valuing sees the novel and new connection between ideas, hence "it connects the three spectrums of testosterone together"

Sorry, my dear; you're not my dual
    -

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

First of all Te doesn't make hard and fast rules like that that are based on static information like a chart. Te judges how well something works and Te with Ne valuing looks at the general way in which something can be applied to the outer workings of things. Te judges the mechanics (dyamics) of what is observed in the HOWs "t shows how all of these seemingly random ideas relate"; Ne valuing sees the novel and new connection between ideas, hence "it connects the three spectrums of testosterone together"

Sorry, my dear; you're not my dual
    Maritsa, if it's wrong it doesn't work!

Sorry, confused female, I'm your dual whether you like it or not. Unless you've been masquerading as EII this whole time and are actually something entirely different. I suppose that's possible.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Maritsa, if it's wrong it doesn't work!

Sorry, confused female, I'm your dual whether you like it or not. Unless you've been masquerading as EII this whole time and are actually something entirely different. I suppose that's possible.
    You're not correct, a lot of things are in theory that can work for the majority of people. For example, it works in my case; something which you do not realize because you think it doesn't work; you've already judged the item without sufficient general consideration.

You're not my dual.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

All LSE love charts because they help describe the external activity of events. Jedi, I'm putting your ass on ignore. I'm tired of dealing with you.
    -

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I gotta say... rings true for me...

No matter how much i try to work out in the morning, my body just insists on my workouts being in the late afternoon/early evening, coinciding with greatest muscular strenth and cardiovascular efficiency. I also do feel most alert at 10am. I also have a hard time waking up before 7:30a - 8a which is around when melatonin secretion apparently stops (there is also a cortisol spike that happens ~8am, which is not indicated on the chart).
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You're not correct, a lot of things are in theory that can work for the majority of people. For example, it works in my case; something which you do not realize because you think it doesn't work; you've already judged the item without sufficient general consideration.

You're not my dual.
    I'm a j. We judge. I like to decide whether or not something has value quickly so I won't waste time with dumb stuff. Don't SEEs tend to be more open-minded?

You're my dual!

Actually, the dichotomy I'm most confused with of your typing for me is the F. How on Earth do you type me as a feeler? I am blunt, rough, and completely out-of-touch with others' feelings.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People sleeping at different times doesn't mean those things arent happening in the background. People also exercise at different times, not necessarily when muscle strength and efficiency are peak. Times that people do these things do depend heavily on artificially institute constraints based on work times, etc. It's entirely possible that people are injuring themselves and becoming unhealthy by forcing their bodies to do certain things that the circadian biological clock isn't totally supportive of. Like working night shifts, for example.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5:00 AM is the time for highest melatonin levels, so it's the best time to practice lucid dreaming or OBEs. That could be added to the chart.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Miso Soup View Post
    5:00 AM is the time for highest melatonin levels, so it's the best time to practice lucid dreaming or OBEs. That could be added to the chart.
    What is the difference between "could" and "should"?
    -

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well... maybe abbie just needed a little dose of instead of the criticism you offered to her lack of (LSEs do have weak btw)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    Well... maybe abbie just needed a little dose of instead of the criticism you offered to her lack of (LSEs do have weak btw)
    No, they have mobilizing ; their activities with regards to this function exceed those of base types when around types. But that doesn't really matter; what matters is the Te; he's LSE because he picks charts that help explain external activities of events in an efficient way.
    -

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

speaking of which i'm going to bed to enjoy my melatonin secretion... which began about 2 hrs ago apparently..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ahh, should implies that it is either necessary or important to be done. Could implies that it's a possibility, but it wouldn't matter too much if it didn't happen.
    ie:
    Should - eat food and drink water every day
    Could - also eat candy

Why do you ask? Is this a sneaky way of verifying my type?

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, they have mobilizing ; their activities with regards to this function exceed those of base types when around types. But that doesn't really matter; what matters is the Te; he's LSE because he picks charts that help explain external activities of events in an efficient way.
    I'm talking about abbie..

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The same as the difference between "can't" and "mayn't." But in the reverse.

If a 6'5" football player asks whether he can take your purse, I'm pretty sure the answer is "yes." Or do you know judo?

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    I'm talking about abbie..
    Where'd the like button go?!

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

ahh, should implies that it is either necessary or important to be done. Could implies that it's a possibility, but it wouldn't matter too much if it didn't happen.
    ie:
    Should - eat food and drink water every day
    Could - also eat candy

Why do you ask? Is this a sneaky way of verifying my type?
    LOL; you're smart for realizing what I do. *Good reading into my intentions*

So you think that what you said isn't necessary to be added to the chart? Why not if it makes something work better?
    -

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where's the like button go?!
    Oh, i had that issue too a couple times tonight! just refresh... i think shortly after you post, the like buttons disappear even on other people's posts...

Summoning hkkmr!!

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Since we're on the topic of charts...here, Maritsa. This is what I do for fun.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Since we're on the topic of charts...here, Maritsa. This is what I do for fun.
    What do those charts do? What are their purpose?
    -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL; you're smart for realizing what I do. *Good reading into my intentions*

So you think that what you said isn't necessary to be added to the chart? Why not if it makes something work better?
    Hmm, well, looking closer at it now, it looks like there's no reason why it shouldn't be on the chart. There's space, and it fits the theme of the chart perfectly. Though I wouldn't add the bit about lucid dreaming and OBEs, because the rest of the chart doesn't mention the effects or usefulness of those biological happenings.

So I change my former "could" to "should."

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Hmm, well, looking closer at it now, it looks like there's no reason why it shouldn't be on the chart. There's space, and it fits the theme of the chart perfectly. Though I wouldn't add the bit about lucid dreaming and OBEs, because the rest of the chart doesn't mention the effects or usefulness of those biological happenings.

So I change my former "could" to "should."

That shows you how an EII helps the LSE see ;

we don't demand things of our dual, "you have to"
    We help our duals see the picture by raising questions and provoking rational thought.

We expect LSE to take actions based on what makes sense as of course we are unable to push or effectively make our will on people.
    -

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

What do those charts do? What are their purpose?
    I make them for my kinship on lotro. I'm the self-appointed secretary. I spend I long time writing down the race, level, crafting vocation, and fighting class of every character. Then I minimize the game and input the information into Excel and tell it what charts to give me, which I arrange in Paint and upload to imageshack.

The charts are useful for those who wish to make alts by showing what classes or crafts the kinship needs more of, what combinations people like the most, and how they can be unique. I think the large middle chart holds the most interest because it shows the slope of how many characters of various levels we have as well as the imbalance amongst classes.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I make them for my kinship on lotro. I'm the self-appointed secretary. I spend I long time writing down the race, level, crafting vocation, and fighting class of every character. Then I minimize the game and input the information into Excel and tell it what charts to give me, which I arrange in Paint and upload to imageshack.

The charts are useful for those who wish to make alts by showing what classes or crafts the kinship needs more of, what combinations people like the most, and how they can be unique. I think the large middle chart holds the most interest because it shows the slope of how many characters of various levels we have as well as the imbalance amongst classes.
    *confused*
    -

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

*confused*
    Not familiar with gaming terms? Here's simple English.

I make charts for fun. It is a lot of work. People like my charts. They tell them about themselves. Now people know how to be different.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Not familiar with gaming terms? Here's simple English.

I make charts for fun. It is a lot of work. People like my charts. They tell them about themselves. Now people know how to be different.
    What is the purpose? What is it to accomplish? Like, does it help determine who wins the most and who the next winner will be?
    -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That shows you how an EII helps the LSE see ;

we don't demand things of our dual, "you have to"
    We help our duals see the picture by raising questions and provoking rational thought.

We expect LSE to take actions based on what makes sense as of course we are unable to push or effectively make our will on people.
    I see! I can definitely think of a couple instances where XIIs I know have done that exact thing. In fact, it's a behavior I associate so strongly with them, I can even realize my mistakes by having imaginary conversations with them in my head.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

What is the purpose? What is it to accomplish? Like, does it help determine who wins the most and who the next winner will be?
    It gives order and understanding. Asking who the next winner will be shows that you know nothing about the game. It focuses on teamwork to defeat NPCs (computer characters.) There is very little pvp (players fighting each other). If someone wonders whether we have enough armor smiths, they just look at the chart. The alternatives are for them to ask everyone who logs on for a few days or go through the whole list of people looking for the information. I already did that for them.

I have a simpler chart that just lists different peoples' crafting levels. So people will know who to ask if they need something specific made for them.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

You're grasping at straws Maritsa, Abbie did a pretty good job demonstrating her leading several times.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast