0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Type LAB

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type LAB

gentlemen, place your bets. ladies can play too.

LII is not an option cause i say so.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Roll with gamma you socionics expert.

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like you. So....SLI WHOO.
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTp, only because INTj was not an option.
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi lab how's it going

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTj, these cats are definitely Se-creative!
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Lab, if you say you're a simple person and like simplicity, then why do you post multiple pictures of yourself in the Unofficial picture thread, from similar angle yet different shirts? Why not post just one picture.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Lab, if you say you're a simple person and like simplicity, then why do you post multiple pictures of yourself in the Unofficial picture thread, from similar angle yet different shirts? Why not post just one picture.
    yeah motherfucker. you aint gotta lie to kick it

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's be duals.
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33
    i hadn't thought of that, maritsa. your wit has outshone mine once again.

Quote Originally Posted by fenryrr View Post
    Let's be duals.
    i'd like that. SLX it is then.

Banned
    TIM
    ISTP Se-LSI 6w5cp sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where's the "god-mode" option, where you can be all of the types at the same time? (I've always wanted to incorporate all of the types in myself, and use them like using tools. Example - like when I need to sell, I would take out ESTp.)

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jet city woman View Post
    Where's the "god-mode" option, where you can be all of the types at the same time?
    Don't go there. Trust me.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just for kicks, what does everyone think of the possibility that i'd be INTp?

i notice there's a shit load of alpha NTs here that i'm not exactly on good terms with:
    Bolt - aggressive disagreement
    hkkmr - feels the need to put me on ignore for saying relatively harmless things
    krig - disagreement on most theoretical issues; dubs me ISTj for being an intellectual bully or something
    tcaudilllg - complete inability communicate; disagreement on theory; no respect
    trevor - he's sort of a cute side kick to me but i'm having a hard time respecting him
    slater - no respect; he's not the worst to talk to but his typings and theories are atrocious
    yaaroslav - bllaaargh moving on
    sergei ganin - don't even get me started

people i like on the forum:
    Radio, Pa3s, Kassie, Fenryr; FDG, gnarles, woofl all Te/Fi types; 4 of which gammas

(ok, i also like Glam, rubicon and Direktor Kam; and probably a bunch of others i'm forgetting)

in MBTI i am unambiguously INTP. socionics basically wrongly describes my J/P ness if i am INTj.

most importantly, it would resolve the contradiction between the fact that people see Se in me with the fact that from my personal life i see tons of indication that Si and Se just aren't my strong functions.

i don't think i am an INTp but it certainly is interesting how well the case could be made.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, I don't know why I have dismissed that thought before. Maybe because you seem to be a convincing Ti-user. However, ILIs have (just as SLIs) Ti as their demonstrative function. It might not be valued, but the person can make good use of it if it's necessary. I always thought that intertype relationships should be treated as important indicators of your type, it's still the core of socionics. The only problem is, that you'd have to be pretty sure of everyone else's type and know enough people to a sufficient extent to make a reasonable statement about your relation to them. However, I think this list you've got there might still be a worth a thought. How about the few alpha SFs we have?
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labster View Post
    Sure, said in the beginning. Join the club.

i notice there's a shit load of alpha NTs here that i'm not exactly on good terms with:
    That's because he is alpha.

hkkmr - feels the need to put me on ignore for saying relatively harmless things
    He tried to end me same way once. Besides I don't know why people put me on ignore as well, I say harmless things all the time.

krig - disagreement on most theoretical issues; dubs me ISTj for being an intellectual bully or something
    He typed me LSI as well. Heck, nearly every alpha types me beta. So far I've come up with an absurd test, it is foolproof. Everyone who is going to type me beta is alpha actually.

trevor - he's sort of a cute side kick to me but i'm having a hard time respecting him
    slater - no respect; he's not the worst to talk to but his typings and theories are atrocious
    You sure spend a lot of time swimming in abstractions instead of concrete things - that's a nail in the coffin for ILI.

But but but but science.

Who the heck is that?

Radio, Pa3s, Kassie, Fenryr; FDG, gnarles, woofl all Te/Fi types; 4 of which gammas
    Second nail in the coffin for ILI.

in MBTI i am unambiguously INTP. socionics basically wrongly describes my J/P ness if i am INTj.
    Third nail in the coffin for ILI. I don't know whether you prefer a coffin over a cross though.

i don't think i am an INTp but it certainly is interesting how well the case could be made.
    ILI it is.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pa3s
    Actually, I don't know why I have dismissed that thought before. Maybe because you seem to be a convincing Ti-user. However, ILIs have (just as SLIs) Ti as their demonstrative function. It might not be valued, but the person can make good use of it if it's necessary.
    there's also the issue whether what people see as "Ti" in me isn't just simply NiTe. there isn't really an explicit rule book on how to tell the two apart, you know.

How about the few alpha SFs we have?
    like i said, i like rubicon and kam. i can't think of a lot of others right now so try suggesting me some names.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Oh, yes. Kam is ISFp, I forgot. And I don't even know who Rubicon is... I guess you know more alpha SFs on here than me. Cracka comes to mind as ESFj, and MountainDude. But I guess I know what you think of him.
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

there's also the issue whether what people see as "Ti" in me isn't just simply NiTe. there isn't really an explicit rule book on how to tell the two apart, you know.
    like i said, i like rubicon and kam. i can't think of a lot of others right now so try suggesting me some names.
    If there's no explicit method to tell apart ILI from LII, there is no explicit method on how to tell apart ESE from SEE, SLE from LSE, LSI from SLI, SEI from ESI and so on. That means, when typing yourself and others you're going to fail miserably. It further means you don't know whom you actually get along with which is hilarious for this Bolt you speak of is going to be LIE for instance. Thing is, you don't know that and you're not certain at all, so that not very impressive list of people you scribbled down is completely useless when it comes to typing oneself but feel free to engage in an already lost battle on your part.

And what does this like and dislike have to do with anything - I mean, is that a fact you're stating?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FFS absurd will you please stop littering my thread

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

FFS absurd will you please stop littering my thread
    You wanted me to latch onto you in chatbox. I'm really sorry, not.

Banned
    TIM
    ISTP Se-LSI 6w5cp sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True, there's not, but I don't see why it makes sense that Ti=NiTe. In observation, it's two different animals entirely. (The functions are in-and-of-themselves I think, and aren't meant to be mixed together in that way. The definitions are set, and to mix the Ni definition with the Te defintion does not make the Ti definition, nor does it in observation.)

True. I think the same thing about my type.... there's an explanation for it, but it still bugs me, and I consider it incorrect lol.
    Last edited by jet city woman; 05-26-2012 at 03:47 PM.

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, what do you think about being a dynamic type versus a static? What about the other dichotomies?
    You probably know way more than me about this stuff, haha, but I'm trying!

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i could see myself being dynamic under a certain interpretation of it. namely that when i hear a person describing some kind of model, in my head i'm already taking the model apart into the process by which people came to believe how the model is constituted. i'm always thinking "what makes them think that"? and the answer is some kind of operational or epistemic process.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

when you thought about ILI before what exactly made you switch back to LII?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

meeting people that i had a strong reaction to and being unable to see them as the types they should be if i was INTp based on those feelings.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think the important thing is that the negative relations with alpha NTs here are more like a form of banter to me than real conflicts. and most positive relations i have on this forum are also a little bit on the shallow side. with certain people in real life that has been different. and it's those relations that point towards Alpha NT.

i don't really recommend anyone to take the possibility of me being INTp very seriously. i've been down this road a lot of times and the result is always i end up deciding it was a silly idea.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I'm not sure why lab bothers me, but I don't really want to deal with it. I don't think he's a bad guy or anything and enjoy his posts. I just don't enjoy his chats/heckling of me and others.

I ignore him in chat for my own sanity and to keep my frustration levels down, but I wouldn't ignore lab on the forum or anything.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

another thing: i won't name anyone specifically but the people i get along worst with are probably those that i sort of instinctively prefer to avoid most of the time. and it's those that are often gamma SFs.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

well its a typing for me to pretend you have thats even better than lsi. but since you're talking, whats your take on Fi? i have an idea based on other posts about your take on Ne and Se and Fe.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well...

when i'm in the chat room, i sort of prefer it when people throw comments "out there" without focusing much on who says what. when somebody then comes out of the blue and says something like "what do YOU think about that, lab" it catches me by surprise, the emphasis on me, or that person or who ever. it's not always negative but it doesn't feel "native" to me. i think that's an indication of lacking Fi values. but at times the fact that i'm not used to it can feel good exactly for that reason.

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like lab, he's cool.
    ἀταραξία

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

(ok, i also like Glam, rubicon and Direktor Kam; and probably a bunch of others i'm forgetting)

most importantly, it would resolve the contradiction between the fact that people see Se in me with the fact that from my personal life i see tons of indication that Si and Se just aren't my strong functions.

stuff like this is why i voted ILI in the poll. glad to see i'm not crazy

Creepy-male

Can I get a vote off the shit list island? Maybe to a purgatory of sorts at least? I'm still deciding between LII, ILE, IEE, LSI, and IEI

I still don't know a good way to distinguish INTp's and INTj's, I personally don't find the Se vs Si thing to be useful. Ti and Te may be a good start to determining the differences.

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well fuck you too IAH
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz View Post
    Can I get a vote off the shit list island? Maybe to a purgatory of sorts at least? I'm still deciding between LII, ILE, IEE, LSI, and IEI

I still don't know a good way to distinguish INTp's and INTj's, I personally don't find the Se vs Si thing to be useful. Ti and Te may be a good start to determining the differences.
    sorry but you're just not important enough to me to even be mentioned.

well fuck you too IAH
    ditto.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Lab, lab, lab. I feel bad because I'm not dedicating enough attention to this thread.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh.

Creepy-male

sorry but you're just not important enough to me to even be mentioned.
    Ok that's fair enough

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hey, blabcoat, I heard there's a gamma party nearby. It's called "tag - you're it."

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Lab, lab, lab. I feel bad because I'm not dedicating enough attention to this thread.
    Oh crap, this is really serious. You have to post here more often.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

go away absurd.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast