Iron man, SLE
    Hulk, SLI
    Natasha LIE
    Fury LSE
    Hawkeye ESI
    Thor SLE
    Captain America LSI
    Loki EIE

What do you think? The only ones I'm really confident in are Loki and Iron man.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno, I really liked the idea of Stark being SEE and the Hulk being ILI, Traditionally the concept of the Hulk is a somewhat Fe oriented thing but in this movie I think it was fairly evident that he was extremely detached from his emotional world. As for Stark I view his technical prowess as a less important observation with regards to typing him than the fact that he completely creates his own authority. He's very obviously decided that the only things important to him are the things that he decides are important to him. In that sense I think while he does get involved in some special occasions he also seems fairly emotionally not involved in them and does things like react emotionally contradictory to the situations he's involved in.

I've played with the idea of making them an alpha dual pair, ESE and LII since Stark in the movie is constantly trying to obtain some level of physical comfort in the form of fine food or fine things but I really don't see much Fe coming out of that man. For what it's worth Potts might be IEI, probably some introverted type but I haven't given it much thought.

As for the two of them, they have to be duals. I refuse to live in a world were they are not duals their relationship may have been the most awesome part of that movie and they only got like three scenes together.
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stark is SLE. Hulk is ILI. I actually thought about ILI for him too. That would make them semi-duals. close enough. lol
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    Stark is SLE. Hulk is ILI. I actually thought about ILI for him too. That would make them semi-duals. close enough. lol
    Yeah, true story. Ok I'm happy then.
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Potts is ESI, I think. Maybe even EII. That isn't duality with Stark.

Hulk ili, but probably played by a SxI actor.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stray View Post
    Potts is ESI, I think. Maybe even EII. That isn't duality with Stark.

Hulk ili, but probably played by a SxI actor.
    Right, I forgot to amend that to not duality now that I accept stark as SLE. I mean both of those make their relationship make more sense I think so kudos.
    Easy Day

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stark is definitely SLE. My SLE friend is utterly convinced they are identicals. I haven't seen Avengers though
    The end is nigh

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Iron man - ILE
    Hulk - SLI
    Natasha - LIE
    Fury - LSE
    Hawkeye - LSI
    Thor - SLE
    Captain America - ESI
    Loki - IEI

I agree with most of your typings redbaron, but to me Iron man is ILE as they come and Captain America is ESI, their conflictor relationship is quite clear.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Raver View Post
    I agree with most of your typings redbaron, but to me Iron man is ILE as they come and Captain America is ESI, their conflictor relationship is quite clear.
    I can see ILE for him too. Either way, Potts is kind of supervising. It might make more sense if she's EII. She's more "martyr" like and somewhat tolerant in how she disapproves.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I can see ILE for him too. Either way, Potts is kind of supervising. It might make more sense if she's EII. She's more "martyr" like and somewhat tolerant in how she disapproves.
    Yeah I can see EII for Potts as it did seem like she supervised him a lot in the first Iron Man. However, ESE is also possible as well as I can see activity relations working in a similar fashion.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I just got back from the theater. That was a good movie. And here are my fresh thoughts on typings.

Iron Man: SEE He has a very forceful personality and a carefree spirit. Unlike SLEs, Stark is likeable. Even though he's so pushy. His attitude reminds me of woofl and another SEE guy I know. He can be serious, but not as quickly as a logical type would.

Hulk: SSM Stupid sensory monster. Why are you trying to type The Hulk?

Natasha: LIE She's logical. I thought her career choice made her more likely to be an irrational, but I don't think any of those types fit her. Intuitive makes sense. LIE is fine with me.

Fury LIE I know he looks LSE, but he pulls some small lies that I think would bother an LSE more than an LIE. And is there any reason for him to be a sensor?

Hawkeye ESI I didn't get to see much of his personality, but he's an introvert. And his relationship to Natasha really felt like duality.

Thor PIE He sorta reminded me of Boromir. I don't really see why he can't be SLE, but he's an alien, so he gets his own typology.

Captain America LSE He's the one I could best relate to. Maybe because he was old-fashioned, but it seemed whatever he did was what I would do in that situation. Besides, isn't he the leader? LSIs aren't leaders.

Loki EIE Who am I to disagree with Captain America?

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Iron man LSE
    Hulk SLI
    Natasha SEE
    Fury SLI
    Hawkeye SLI
    Thor protecting people, looks like SLE but acts like EII
    Captain America SLE - they have no problem in taking up a leadership position and getting the job done.
    Loki ILE
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    IFury SLI
    Well, at least one of those makes sense. Who thinks Fury could be SLI-Te?

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    Stark is definitely SLE. My SLE friend is utterly convinced they are identicals. I haven't seen Avengers though
    I agree that Stark is probably SLE, but on an unrelated note I had an SLE friend who moved to cali to get into movies. He's been in one so far on netflix called the Christmans Bunny for like a scene, which I thought was hilarious but anyway he was convinced he and Doctor House were identical. On the one hand I see the comparison in attitude and somewhat in thinking style and perhaps even some kind of innate logical prowess both types have but Dr. House is really probably not SLE.

I never really had the heart to kill that dream though.
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Well, at least one of those makes sense. Who thinks Fury could be SLI-Te?
    I def. think Fury could be delta ST.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Iron Man ILE
    Pepper Potts SEI
    Hulk LII
    Natasha SEE
    Hawkeye SLI
    Fury LSE
    Marie Hill SLI
    Captain America ESI
    Loki EIE
    Phil Coulson ILI

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    I agree that Stark is probably SLE, but on an unrelated note I had an SLE friend who moved to cali to get into movies. He's been in one so far on netflix called the Christmans Bunny for like a scene, which I thought was hilarious but anyway he was convinced he and Doctor House were identical. On the one hand I see the comparison in attitude and somewhat in thinking style and perhaps even some kind of innate logical prowess both types have but Dr. House is really probably not SLE.
    House and Tony Stark are identicals imo. Imo neither Tony or House are SLE's, they don't have the bravado, they never even pretends to be a brave people and Captain America's criticism of Tony was on point as far as Tony is always looking to save his own ass, which is what House does a lot of the time as well.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    House and Tony Stark are identicals imo. Imo neither Tony or House are SLE's, they don't have the bravado, they never even pretends to be a brave people and Captain America's criticism of Tony was on point as far as Tony is always looking to save his own ass, which is what House does a lot of the time as well.
    oh it wasn't brave to grab the torpedo and take it through the hole in the universe? (or whatever that was) Knowing that you might not make it back?
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

oh it wasn't brave to grab the torpedo and take it through the hole in the universe? (or whatever that was) Knowing that you might not make it back?
    Yes, sure that was brave. But it's nothing that Tony would ever try to communicate with others and that's kinda of socionics. Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist.

Also in the Iron Man movies, he's described as having OCD issues with physical contact with stuff.

Creepy-female

I haven't seen The Avengers but this showed up on my Facebook and I'm pretty fuckin annoyed.

What If The Male Avengers Posed Like The Female One?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, sure that was brave. But it's nothing that Tony would ever try to communicate with others and that's kinda of socionics. Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist.

Also in the Iron Man movies, he's described as having OCD issues with physical contact with stuff.
    I haven't seen the Iron Man movies so... okay.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I discussed the characters with Brilliand. I asked what type Iron Man was. He said, "Well, he's a genius inventor who made his own metal suit..." And we all know what type that is. I guess Iron Man isn't SEE after all. Brilliand also thinks Hulk is the same type as Bruce Banner, who is LII, and that when he "Hulks out" he just becomes able to fight with Se and actually win even though he doesn't know how.

I move we start trying for a consensus.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I discussed the characters with Brilliand. I asked what type Iron Man was. He said, "Well, he's a genius inventor who made his own metal suit..." And we all know what type that is. I guess Iron Man isn't SEE after all. Brilliand also thinks Hulk is the same type as Bruce Banner, who is LII, and that when he "Hulks out" he just becomes able to fight with Se and actually win even though he doesn't know how.

I move we start trying for a consensus.
    LOL Okay ILE for Iron Man. (dang, maybe I'm SEI after all, j/k...)
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

LOL Okay ILE for Iron Man. (dang, maybe I'm SEI after all, j/k...)
    Need to start a illusionary relations anonymous support group for all the addicts imo.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

So far...

Iron man: ILE
    Banner: Introverted thinker?
    Natasha: LIE (SEE?)
    Fury: Te ego
    Hawkeye: ESI/LSI/SLI
    Thor: SLE
    Captain America: LSI/LSE/ESI
    Loki EIE

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't take Fury seriously as Te ego. Not a realistic one at least. Sam Jackson gets in the way.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need to start a illusionary relations anonymous support group for all the addicts imo.
    and by the way, for some reason, I hadn't realized that he invented that suit. Although I guess I knew that he had invented the energy source building or whatever that place was that he lives at the top of. haha
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and by the way, for some reason, I hadn't realized that he invented that suit. Although I guess I knew that he had invented the energy source building or whatever that place was that he lives at the top of. haha
    There are multiple stories on how Stark invents the suit, but all of them amount to him being a prodigy inventor type. In the movies, the power source is from his dad's ideas though. The suit was a way to escape captivity. While in some comics, Stark is born diseased or crippled, and he invents a suit to compensate.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are multiple stories on how Stark invents the suit, but all of them amount to him being a prodigy inventor type. In the movies, the power source is from his dad's ideas though. The suit was a way to escape captivity. While in some comics, Stark is born diseased or crippled, and he invents a suit to compensate.
    oh interesting! I need to read up a bit on some of these back stories...
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ironman - SLE - Very Beta. A IEI would find his forceful personally more endearing than a SEI
    Bruce Banner - *LI - not sure if S or N, but the character itself seems more N, though the actor more S.
    Captain America - LSE - Has the stoicism that reminds me of Delta.
    Nick Fury - L*E - It could go either way, but his lack of analogy, in favor of archetypal statements makes me think decisive quadra. so LIE if i had to choose
    Thor - Honestly, i think he's supposed to be SLE, but he does have alot of Ne+Fi in his conversation with Loki.
    Loki - I don't see the Fe. I see the Ti. LSI, though the real character would seem to be more LII in nature.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Most of those are good, Pookie, but I disagree on Iron Man. Maritsa gets a lot of flak for typing guys as LSE just because she's attracted to them, but you're doing the same in typing Iron Man SLE just because IEIs like him.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most of those are good, Pookie, but I disagree on Iron Man. Maritsa gets a lot of flak for typing guys as LSE just because she's attracted to them, but you're doing the same in typing Iron Man SLE just because IEIs like him.
    Well, it's because of what i like about the character. Though, i didn't put too much effort in explaining my thoughts.

The thing that i feel is shared with both SEE's and ILE's is this link of premise to conclusion chain-link jumps(my way of describing it), that i feel is most accurately described in Gulenko's cognitive styles as Causal-Deterministic thinking. But i don't see this with Ironman's character. I see a circumspect sort of knowledge in the area's he studies(like learning the information he was given in the night before meeting up with the rest of the Avengers), that is indicative of Holographic-Panoramic thinking. The way it is expressed as well, The notion of "this" is always dealing with concrete information, and not in the world of potential or possibility. I feel this is a Se slant. And the way that it's put together is very analytical, without overtly expressing the facts. And that is a very *LE way of favoring Ti over Te.

Another tangent in my head, is that Si seems like a domain he takes care of all by himself, and not something that he's ever shown interest in others for bringing. Whilst, the moments of Ni from Scarlett in the Ironman films, seems to impress the hell out of him, and he still seems endeared to her in this film, where she totally makes use of Ni in just about every interrogation scene she has a part in.

And well, Fi is(to me) clearly Ironman POLR - as Fi is what captain america focused on, that inadvertantly incited the sacrificial moment where ironman takes the nuke through the portal.

All that comes together IMO as Se>Ne / Ti>Fi / Holographic Panoramic thinking>Causal Deterministic / Beta>other quadra's - And the sum of that combination leads to one result - SLE. Which just so happens to work with my original inclination, IEI's would prefer Ironman's style more than an SEI.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Please quit using all those apostrophes! It's driving me nuts!

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

clearly I need to see the Ironman films. Sounds like Natasha is LIE...
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

A lot of the movie is the contrast between Stark and Captain America.

Like when they get to the ship, he's all up in the computer systems and hacking while Captain decides to take a more physical route and snoop around.

Also Stark is very good at assessing the potential of people and situations, as he sussed out things long before he put them into play. Like the Hulk, he was basically egging the Hulk on and knew he would show up as the green monster during the event. He also hired himself a new scientists.

And he's also explaining things in a way to be totally over the top of everyone's head.

Quote Originally Posted by After dying
    Tony Stark: You ever try Shawarma? There's a shawarma joint about two blocks from here. I don't what it is, but I want to try it.
    I really don't think self-sacrifice to save millions of people is type related.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i made plans to go see this on friday.

ugh.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My wild guesses:

Iron Man LIE
    Captain America LSE
    Superman LSE
    Spiderman LII
    Wolverine SLI
    The Punisher SLI
    Hulk ESE
    Bill Clinton SLE
    Ronald Reagan EIE
    Michio Kaku ILE
    Leila Lopes (Miss Universe 2011) IEI
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had thought Tony Stark in the Iron Man movie was ILE at the time I saw it and I even posted something about this but I can't find it. I don't know if I'd still agree with myself (others in the thread thought SLI for the character) and I can't remember the character very well anymore. I think I saw Pepper Potts as ESI and there being a continual issue regarding quadra values. But I don't know if I'd still see this.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I liked the movie and I'm not going to type anybody, but I will say that I wouldn't have minded if they didn't include Thor in it. Loki I didn't particularly mind. Stark pretty good, Hulk alright, Captain America liked him less than I thought I would, the hawk guy sort of a middling non entity. Most of the people in SHIELD I liked, but I think that's because in super hero movies I tend to enjoy the non super heros that are competent a lot more than the main super awesome powerful people. It's something about their vulnerability in the face of implacable foes. I mean I don't really like to watch a group of more or less invulnerable people fighting stuff. That's kind of why I hate the Hulk.

The Black Widow I thought was probably the most interesting character in the movie, if only because she's more or less just an exceptionally talented martial artist that's intelligent and subtly manipulative. Her scene with Loki was probably my favorite in the entire film, as well as her fight scenes in Russia and against that other dude.

It sounds like I'm saying the movie was a lot worse than I thought it was, but I guess it's just that I enjoyed it overall more than I did for any of the individual characters for the most part.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast