Ti(NeSi)Fe
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Dipping My Feet

Hello.

Nice to meet you. I'm Valkyrie.

I am a writer, artist, web designer and (aspiring) physiognomist. I don't adhere to Isabel's model but I consider myself Ti(Ne) from Jung's literature. I am here to investigate and seek to understand the socionics perspective on both psychology and visual identification. Though I admit I'm a bit wary. I hear there's some sort of scary induction ritual..

I like vanilla ice cream and Blaise Pascal. <3

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

hi

TIM
    Ti(NeSi)Fe
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi!

Nice mangekyo you have there.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Why did I thought about Susanne Gekoloid after opening this thread?

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

hello, i like your name and avatar and your apparent familiarity with jung. wellcomeee.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    hello, i like your name and avatar and your apparent familiarity with jung. wellcomeee.
    This and your introduction thread wasn't unimaginative like "Hi", "Hello" or like that.

Feel free to answer any of these questions. They're not primarily for typing but everything you'll say will be used against you. It's primarily curiosity.

Have you lurked much?

How do you feel about about VI (visual identification) and it's accuracy? Why the interest?

How did you come up with the profile name and the thread name? Please try to convey me some train of thought or thing you got inspired by.

Do you like Bukowski? What other artists and authors you like?

What do you write?
    Last edited by Aquagraph; 05-06-2012 at 06:19 PM.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    Ti(NeSi)Fe
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    Thanks. I like your avatar as well. Marcel Mariën it seems. This is the first time I come across his work. Quite erotic.
    I have studied Jung a bit. I own a copy of Psychological Types, though I admit I haven't read it all from head to tail just yet. ^-^;

TIM
    Ti(NeSi)Fe
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    This and your introduction thread wasn't unimaginative like "Hi", "Hello" or like that.
    Feel free to answer any of these questions. They're not primarily for typing but everything you'll say will be used against you. It's primarily curiosity.

Have you lurked much?
    Probably not enough. Maybe a week or so. Mostly viewing Maritsa's posts, and such.
    I'm undecided on what I think of them though. But somehow I don't think she's as crazy as others make her out to be.

How did you come up with the profile name and the thread name? Please try to convey me some train of thought or thing you got inspired by.
    Valkyrie is a name I once gave to ...a compartmentalization of myself. I went through a phase/experiment of separating my psyche into distinct persona to try to understand my mind. They began to feel real and their relationship dynamics rather complicated. Among those created, Valkyrie was a voice of creativity, risk and free spirit.

The thread name is quite basic.
    Shortened version of "Dipping my feet in the water" or "testing the waters". Nothing too profound there.

Do you like Bukowski? What other artists and authors you like?
    There are few artists or authors whose work I don't appreciate in some form, but one that really made my heart yearn when I first found him was Zdzislaw Beksinski. But I admit I am not the best historian, or know too many artist names. I specialize, and so I know few people's work but in great depth.

What do you write?
    I am hoping to finish a novel I'm working on. It takes place in the year 1,048 of the biblical 6,000 year calendar. The story is very spiritual but quite irreligious, taking instead a more pessimistic perspective on Jehovah and presenting the heavenly controversy through the eyes of a human girl: Everleigh.

But I've completely stopped writing it atm, to continue writing about and researching people-reading.
    Last edited by Valkyrie; 05-06-2012 at 08:44 PM.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
    I have studied Jung a bit. I own a copy of Psychological Types, though I admit I haven't read it all from head to tail just yet. ^-^;
    Yeah... tbh it doesn't get interesting till Chp. 10. Most of the time, I'm totally unfamiliar with the literature he references, and it seems only vaguely relevant to his typology.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dip your feet in vanilla ice cream and let me lick it out for you.

Hello and welcome.

Don't take what we say here very seriously.

Enjoy your stay.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Valkyrie is a name I once gave to ...a compartmentalization of myself. I went through a phase/experiment of separating my psyche into distinct persona to try to understand my mind. They began to feel real and their relationship dynamics rather complicated. Among those created, Valkyrie was a voice of creativity, risk and free spirit.
    Now I am interested. Please, do share about this, if appropriate.
    I specialize, and so I know few people's work but in great depth.
    This might be type related.

I am hoping to finish a novel I'm working on. It takes place in the year 1,048 of the biblical 6,000 year calendar. The story is very spiritual but quite irreligious, taking instead a more pessimistic perspective on Jehovah and presenting the heavenly controversy through the eyes of a human girl: Everleigh.
    Interesting. I might read between the lines that you are spiritual but avoid the frames that the religion is by definition. Did I misread?

I suggest don't reply to Parkster. It only excites him.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    Ti(NeSi)Fe
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like how many members here write their type out functionally too. <3
    I'm not alone. ^_^

Now I am interested. Please, do share about this, if appropriate.
    I've kept journals since I was in middle school and I would give names to different thought processes I felt/identified in me and write about them. They were silly names. But when I eventually came across Jung's work those processes I had noticed all along matched strikingly well with that model. I realized I had been describing my cognitive processes as personifications. Heh, so I kept it going, with this new understanding. Valkyrie was first called Mage and was a magician girl that looked something like this: http://elsevilla.deviantart.com/art/...stock-96010674 Err... my psyche contains male as well as female personas. But that's all you're getting out of me! (;

Interesting. I might read between the lines that you are spiritual but avoid the frames that the religion is by definition. Did I misread?
    Yep. Well, y'see, I was once a very adamant christian and spent a lot of time reading scripture. I enjoyed reading Genesis with a Hebrew concordance word for word so I understood it well. And though I'm presently agnostic/atheist I like biblical tales and find the struggles depicted in it archetypal of many human conflicts. I would say I'm not the most spiritual person, but I do think that a modern spirituality can be created even without religion - and such a thing would be beneficial.

Heh, I bet I sound like an NiFe so far. =P
    I'll keep an eye out for Parkster.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Hello, welcome to the16types, there are no induction rituals, unless you count posting dinner pictures and sharing your deepest secrets with strangers.

/wave

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'll keep an eye out for Parkster.
    There's a one Galen on here - watch out for him as well. Non sequitur, I mean, comprende?

TIM
    Ti(NeSi)Fe
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Parkster - You deleted your post but I just wanted to say I'll definitely draw my own conclusions. :3
    I just thought that maybe Aquagraph and you were buddies sharing an inside joke of some sort. 0:

@hkkmr - Nu-uuuh, last time I shared secrets with strangers they lit torches and chased me out of the palace with pitch forks!
    Or maybe that was a dream... I confused the two. >>

@Absurd - o.o

Thanks for all the welcomes. I'll go explore the site more now. ^^

End of the road
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of all avatars you had to pick, you had to pick that one. She's a total hottie
    Beta NF - E-(6w5), 9w1, 4w5 sp/sx

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Valkyrie: I felt like what I said might be superfluous or taken the wrong way, but I'm glad that was not the case. S'all good.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.