View Poll Results: What type do you think I am?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE

0 0%
  • SEI

3 17.65%
  • LII

0 0%
  • ESE

0 0%
  • SLE

0 0%
  • IEI

8 47.06%
  • EIE

0 0%
  • LSI

0 0%
  • ILI

1 5.88%
  • SEE

0 0%
  • ESI

0 0%
  • LIE

0 0%
  • IEE

0 0%
  • SLI

0 0%
  • EII

5 29.41%
  • LSE

0 0%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Videotype Me!!!

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking Videotype Me!!!

finis
    Last edited by Animal; 08-04-2013 at 12:49 AM.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i never watch these videos all the way through but i did lol. you have an endearing way about you and i'm curious what people are like in the flesh and how the socionics stuff plays out because i've never met anyone here either.

as for my eii vote, i narrowed it down to eii/iei rather than starting from scratch and between the two you remind me more of people i've typed eii in a very vague way. its just an impression, nothing definitive.

i don't really care for that painting either.

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks lungs! Yeah, it's interesting how different people are from what you'd glean from their writing styles. Probably my biggest obstacle in thinking EII for me is that I could swear my duals are SLEs, lol. I'll keep my mouth shut until a few more people have watched and voiced their thoughts, though.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baby View Post
    God, I feel bad for making glam out to be kind of mean. She was much nicer than I make her out to be in these videos, lol.
    lol now i'm nervous to watch

and why is everyone hating on my painting

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glam View Post
    lol now i'm nervous to watch

and why is everyone hating on my painting
    I feel bad now. I was trying to use the painting as maybe and illustration of some Socionics dynamics stuff (but it's probably just personal preference). Actually now that I look at the painting while actually listening to some jazz, I don't hate it as much.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i will blame too much Fe.

i like your avatars better glam.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

nooo Auvi, i would love to go to DC and meet up w/you again (and April!)

please don't feel bad, i didn't think you presented me as being mean - also it's good that you expressed your real feelings about the painting - i prefer hearing honest opinions from people (even if i don't agree!) but yes, i guess i wasn't a fan of a lot of that visual art; i found a lot of it cheap and gimmicky and soulless, and/or just plain ugly - including a lot of what i typed as Beta.

about your type: i truly didn't mean to imply "gtfo of my quadra" when i asked you about the possibility of EII it was basically like you said; i noticed the differences between us, in terms of communication style, art preferences, etc., and i was being reminded of other EII males i have typed in the past - so i had to wonder about it... i just hope i didn't offend you by questioning your self-typing. i didn't think it would bother you, so i went ahead and asked. (fwiw personally i am not bothered by people questioning my self-typing, but then again it's a rare occurrence)

oh: lol @ that last part when you were talking about spoken Socionics: "was that English...?" hahaha.. i guess i don't notice it because i regularly talk about socionics IRL, though in public sometimes it does cross my mind that bystanders might be thinking "wtf is she talking about...?"

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISXp???

> INFx

edit: Si-ISFp > Ni-INFp

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Baby, I <3 you!! you're hilarious! And you have such a diplomatic way of putting things... I am so impressed..

Yeah, EII works for you. It's funny, you have the EXACT same mannerisms/facial expressions/method of talking as someone else I know irl and was trying to type. EII works for him too I guess (I was thinking either delta or gamma for him). You also seem a bit like Anderson Cooper, in how you talk and present things... He makes more eye contact with the camera, but he's a professional TV figure. Your eye contact style is EXACTLY like that other guy i know, and also the way you make the little tight lipped smile sometimes while you're talking

LOL and i feel the same exact way as you about visual art (and that painting sorry glammy). I appreciate and enjoy the performing arts a lot more. Oh and LOL @ that whole hkkmr fast talking bit! I was CRACKING up. I kind of got that he's outgoing from my interactions with hkkmr (we've chatted some) and he also looks like someone I know who is very outgoing so that could be why i made that association.

man, i wish i came to the meet... sounds like you guys had a blast! Was a bad weekend for me (was working all day saturday). I'll try to plan for next time...
    Last edited by Suz; 05-05-2012 at 12:41 PM.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks lungs! Yeah, it's interesting how different people are from what you'd glean from their writing styles. Probably my biggest obstacle in thinking EII for me is that I could swear my duals are SLEs, lol. I'll keep my mouth shut until a few more people have watched and voiced their thoughts, though.
    Maybe you're mixing up SLEs and LSEs just like you had a different mental conception of what an IEI vs EII is like. There's also the thing where conflictors can get attracted to each other initially.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anderson Cooper looks ISTj to me, but that's another debate altogether.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Here's the painting I was talking about in the second video.
    Bwhahaha, what the heck is that - I mean is that a monkey or an elephant? I can't tell.

TIM
    Ti(NeSi)Fe
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Radio.
    Si-Fe or otherwise Ni-Fe.

I can see definitely see the Fe, and it matches what you say about yourself too.
    The communication style and want for feedback cues/etc. Fi doesn't seem probable; it's all external ethical dynamics.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
    I agree with Radio.

I can see definitely see the Fe, and it matches what you say about yourself too.
    The communication style and want for feedback cues/etc. Fi doesn't seem probable; it's all external ethical dynamics.
    But you seem to be completely disregarding the interpersonal dynamics that occurred between a known IEI (Glam) and Baby as well as his interactions with a known EII (April). I guess SEI is a possibility, i wont discount that, but IEI is obviously out.

One thing that really sticks out to me is how Baby said something like "I pay attention to how the painting makes me feel." That does sound very much like Si, but can also be Fi mixed in there. Another thing that really sticks out to me is how he noted the "gap" between how glam and he were relating. That's Fi, imo.

dont forget delta NFs are also good at Fe!

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Anderson Cooper looks ISTj to me, but that's another debate altogether.
    OMG he is so not!!

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    OMG he is so not!!
    Not my identical at any rate.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Baby, check out this video of Leonard Cohen... I get sort of a similar demeanor from him as I got from you...

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what i've read from your post on the forum, i can't see an issue with iei. I have the MOST trouble typing identicals tbh, i think it's because like you I base INFp's on myself - thats all i've got. If you're sure which type's your dual or your which is your conflictor that would clear things up immenseley, these relations are very strong & hard to mistake.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're so much fun to listen to! Usually these videos I can make it through a minute or two, and get bored, but I watched both parts, the whole thing. You're very pleasant and entertaining, and it was interesting to hear about the meetup and your impressions. I don't know what to say about your type right now. The thing you said about having a primal image in mind reminded me of what Jung wrote about Ni and archetypal images. I wouldn't type off of that, just found it interesting. As for the painting, I thought it was an advertisement for "Rapt at Rappaport's." Bright, bold, but not interesting or intriguing. Understanding that it was the artist's visual impression of a piece of music makes it more interesting, but on its own, it's really not to me.

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glam View Post
    nooo Auvi, i would love to go to DC and meet up w/you again (and April!)

please don't feel bad, i didn't think you presented me as being mean - also it's good that you expressed your real feelings about the painting - i prefer hearing honest opinions from people (even if i don't agree!) but yes, i guess i wasn't a fan of a lot of that visual art; i found a lot of it cheap and gimmicky and soulless, and/or just plain ugly - including a lot of what i typed as Beta.

about your type: i truly didn't mean to imply "gtfo of my quadra" when i asked you about the possibility of EII it was basically like you said; i noticed the differences between us, in terms of communication style, art preferences, etc., and i was being reminded of other EII males i have typed in the past - so i had to wonder about it... i just hope i didn't offend you by questioning your self-typing. i didn't think it would bother you, so i went ahead and asked. (fwiw personally i am not bothered by people questioning my self-typing, but then again it's a rare occurrence)

oh: lol @ that last part when you were talking about spoken Socionics: "was that English...?" hahaha.. i guess i don't notice it because i regularly talk about socionics IRL, though in public sometimes it does cross my mind that bystanders might be thinking "wtf is she talking about...?"
    Aw, thanks glam! As I said at dinner that day, "I am who I am and I get along with who I get along with." So, if some random Russian typology system doesn't work out, fuck it, lol. I definitely was not offended by your questioning my type. From the dynamics between us, it was certainly understandable. I definitely appreciated the candid feedback. The "GTFO of my quadra" thing was just me being an ass, lol. I actually felt similarly about most of that art. I didn't have very strong opinions one way or the other. It all just seemed sort of "there." If I were to describe you, I'd probably say you were mysterious, and that you had a very grounded presence. I bet some of those bystanders probably thought you were talking about some sinister human engineering project!

Definitely hit me up if you're in D.C. again!

ISXp???

> INFx

edit: Si-ISFp > Ni-INFp
    Interesting. i did consider SEI for a bit, but Gilly laughed at me.

Baby, I <3 you!! you're hilarious! And you have such a diplomatic way of putting things... I am so impressed..

Yeah, EII works for you. It's funny, you have the EXACT same mannerisms/facial expressions/method of talking as someone else I know irl and was trying to type. EII works for him too I guess (I was thinking either delta or gamma for him). You also seem a bit like Anderson Cooper, in how you talk and present things... He makes more eye contact with the camera, but he's a professional TV figure. Your eye contact style is EXACTLY like that other guy i know, and also the way you make the little tight lipped smile sometimes while you're talking

LOL and i feel the same exact way as you about visual art (and that painting sorry glammy). I appreciate and enjoy the performing arts a lot more. Oh and LOL @ that whole hkkmr fast talking bit! I was CRACKING up. I kind of got that he's outgoing from my interactions with hkkmr (we've chatted some) and he also looks like someone I know who is very outgoing so that could be why i made that association.

man, i wish i came to the meet... sounds like you guys had a blast! Was a bad weekend for me (was working all day saturday). I'll try to plan for next time...
    Aw, that's really sweet,WA! Very interesting thoughts. Interesting you thought I was similar to someone from Delta or Gamma. I usually get one of the Merry quadras. I can sort of see the Anderson Cooper thing. He has a similar goofiness about him, lol. hkkmr was definitely not what I'd expected. Imagine reading his posts with the voice of Karl Pilkington in your head. That's how I always heard his voice, lol. We should definitely meet up sometime! I actually get along with IEEs really well. One of my best friends is one I think... he reminds me of Josh Hutcherson <-- is that guy IEE?

Of the two Delta NFs, I think IEE might be a better fit than EII, actually. I dunno, though. I never really considered myself an extrovert. Although, I do have anxiety and that might obscure my type a bit.

Maybe you're mixing up SLEs and LSEs just like you had a different mental conception of what an IEI vs EII is like. There's also the thing where conflictors can get attracted to each other initially.
    That's a possibility. I typed my brother as SLE, so it would be hilarious if I just spun everything around and Si is what I think is Se and all that, lol. Here is an example of the sort of person I think of as my dual. What type is she?:

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
    I agree with Radio.

Interesting that I'm getting Si-Fe. Never considered being a sensory type before, so this is interesting! I definitely thought I exuded some Fe in these videos. If that's not Fe, I kind of don't know what is, lol. If you click on the video and watch it on Youtube, you can find Maritsa's videos as one of the recommendations, I think. She seems a lot more serious and less emotionally effusive than I see myself. She's more like how I imagine EIIs.

But you seem to be completely disregarding the interpersonal dynamics that occurred between a known IEI (Glam) and Baby as well as his interactions with a known EII (April). I guess SEI is a possibility, i wont discount that, but IEI is obviously out.

One thing that really sticks out to me is how Baby said something like "I pay attention to how the painting makes me feel." That does sound very much like Si, but can also be Fi mixed in there. Another thing that really sticks out to me is how he noted the "gap" between how glam and he were relating. That's Fi, imo.

dont forget delta NFs are also good at Fe!
    Of course, there's another possibility: everyone else is wrong about their type. Sorry folks! You're all wrong!

Baby, check out this video of Leonard Cohen... I get sort of a similar demeanor from him as I got from you...
    I always thought Leonard Cohen was INTp or INFp... LOL, my Socionics is a travesty.

Quote Originally Posted by Diam0nd View Post
    From what i've read from your post on the forum, i can't see an issue with iei. I have the MOST trouble typing identicals tbh, i think it's because like you I base INFp's on myself - thats all i've got. If you're sure which type's your dual or your which is your conflictor that would clear things up immenseley, these relations are very strong & hard to mistake.
    Yeah, I was always kind of confused about the EII typings because they seem much more serious than I see myself. Definitely check out the video I posted to WorkaholicsAnon with Nadia G. She reminds me of girls in the past who I've typed as SLE. If that's an LSE, that is... surprising, lol

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    You're so much fun to listen to! Usually these videos I can make it through a minute or two, and get bored, but I watched both parts, the whole thing. You're very pleasant and entertaining, and it was interesting to hear about the meetup and your impressions. I don't know what to say about your type right now. The thing you said about having a primal image in mind reminded me of what Jung wrote about Ni and archetypal images. I wouldn't type off of that, just found it interesting. As for the painting, I thought it was an advertisement for "Rapt at Rappaport's." Bright, bold, but not interesting or intriguing. Understanding that it was the artist's visual impression of a piece of music makes it more interesting, but on its own, it's really not to me.
    Aw, thanks so much squark! I think it definitely helped to have something to talk about in the video. The main problem I find with most videos of this kind are that people are kind of fishing around for what to talk about and there's a lot of "dead air." Glad you liked the video. Very interesting comment about Jung's version of Ni. It's been years since I read his stuff, but I remember thinking his descriptions fit me pretty well. Yeah, I thought the painting would work well as a marquee or a sign for a club or restaurant.
    Last edited by Animal; 05-05-2012 at 04:56 PM.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nadia G. seems like an unproblematic Se-ESTp fwiw.

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nadia G. seems like an unproblematic Se-ESTp fwiw.
    Ah k. Out of curiosity, what made you think Si > Ni?

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah k. Out of curiosity, what made you think Si > Ni?
    You VI'd a bit like an Si-ISTp friend so I thought ISXp, but maybe it's just the IP-ness that sticks out.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nadia G is Se/Ni peak. Beta extravert works.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You VI'd a bit like an Si-ISTp friend so I thought ISXp, but maybe it's just the IP-ness that sticks out.
    Ah k, interesting. Yeah, sometimes I have trouble differentiating what would be Si and Ip-temperament.

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Almost 400 views and only three people have voted, and one of them is Maritsa (no offense, Maritsa -- you seem like a very sweet person, but your typings are very bizarre, lol). I'd definitely love to hear more from some of the Betas as well as the Deltas, about whether you can see me in your quadra.

Here are my results from that test with the V.I. thing:

Your Sociotype: IEI-3Fe (INFp)

1. SEI (ISFp): 85% as likely as IEI.
    2. EIE (ENFj): 82% as likely as IEI.
    3. ESE (ESFj): 81% as likely as IEI.

Oh fuck no to ESE.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Baby
    I finally got to watch your videos. I don't know what all to say. I enjoyed them. I like hearing about people's experiences and their thoughts on not just the happenings but also of the individuals they were with. I liked that you gave more than a "so-and-so was kewl" and then nothing more.

I recall a number of people thought you were FiNe years ago. Didn't you once type as FiNe?
    I don't type people anymore so can't help you there. But I'm sure you know that most Detans would accept you in Delta quadra. Well, the ones who've been around long enough to have a sense of who you are.

I do have a question. You said you felt more like an identical to April. How did you notice glam and hkkmr reacting to April?
    I'm asking because she seems to be the type of person that would be fun to hang out with, perhaps regardless of type. If they responded favorably to her, then I'd hesitate to read much into your favorable response to her. But if they felt just as distanced with her as with you (that gap), then it might say something.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I typed you SEI or SLI by the way; definitely Ip temp.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    @Baby
    I finally got to watch your videos. I don't know what all to say. I enjoyed them. I like hearing about people's experiences and their thoughts on not just the happenings but also of the individuals they were with. I liked that you gave more than a "so-and-so was kewl" and then nothing more.

I recall a number of people thought you were FiNe years ago. Didn't you once type as FiNe?
    I don't type people anymore so can't help you there. But I'm sure you know that most Detans would accept you in Delta quadra. Well, the ones who've been around long enough to have a sense of who you are.

I do have a question. You said you felt more like an identical to April. How did you notice glam and hkkmr reacting to April?
    I'm asking because she seems to be the type of person that would be fun to hang out with, perhaps regardless of type. If they responded favorably to her, then I'd hesitate to read much into your favorable response to her. But if they felt just as distanced with her as with you (that gap), then it might say something.
    Thanks, ann! Interesting question. I think we all got along quite well, although we were together only a short time. You're right in that April is probably the sort of person who would get along with just about anyone. I didn't notice any sort of "supervision" going on between her and hkkmr, although hkkmr did seem a little nervous around her. Like he had to be very gentle around her, and was almost over-apologetic. I think that may have been preconceived notions about how supervision was supposed to play out, however, because I saw no reason for him to be so cautious. With glam, she seemed pretty comfortable, but I didn't get to observe their interaction all that much. I think April would probably be the best person to ask about this part, though. I know she doesn't post much on the forum, but maybe she'll make a rare appearance and share her thoughts.

I do vaguely remember emmigrating to Delta quadra for a bit, lol. I think I probably identified as half the Socion at one point or another. At this point, I'm actually not as much concerned about pegging myself as a specific type, so much as clarifying some of the things about Socionics I've never really understood, lol. I still don't understand most of the information elements or the quadra values or the dichotomies. I find them so poorly defined and vague as to be virtually meaningless. What is Fe to one person is Fi to another, etc. Straight theoretical discussions where people detail the differences between these things are very hard for me to see in terms of actual reality, so I think the best way is to see if people can pick out the elements and quadra values in my own behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    I typed you SEI or SLI by the way; definitely Ip temp.
    Thanks Maritsa!

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Def. ethical type. Introvert. I think xEI-Fe. Probably IEI-Fe. I know a guy who is like a clone of you and is a wonderful pianist (irrelevant) but I don't know his type for certain. =P I don't see EII, really. You have a way about you in how you convey a message that is expansive emotionally and colorful in a creative Fe kind of way. I can see you really enveloping an SLE with that relaxed but vibrant emotional warmth in a soothing way. On a perhaps sillier note, you kind of remind me of Al from Fullmetal Alchemist who I have down as IEI-Fe with his brother as his SLE-Ti dual.

It's fiction, I know, but I believe many times fictional characters are designed with a socionic type in mind in the Jungian collective unconscious way where we have a subconscious sense of people in terms of types and for some reason find these incarnate in some visual form, to sound kinda mystical about it.

I can kinda see why EII might be considered based on the idea that EIIs are just really good people and Beta irrationals are hell raiser types but that's not always or even often the case (but they can be like that in the name of good =P). You also, fwiw, make me think of B&D going off of VI (I don't know how he talks about stuff, but you two have a visual similarity I guess).

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wookie View Post
    Def. ethical type. Introvert. I think xEI-Fe. Probably IEI-Fe. I know a guy who is like a clone of you and is a wonderful pianist (irrelevant) but I don't know his type for certain. =P I don't see EII, really. You have a way about you in how you convey a message that is expansive emotionally and colorful in a creative Fe kind of way. I can see you really enveloping an SLE with that relaxed but vibrant emotional warmth in a soothing way. On a perhaps sillier note, you kind of remind me of Al from Fullmetal Alchemist who I have down as IEI-Fe with his brother as his SLE-Ti dual.

It's fiction, I know, but I believe many times fictional characters are designed with a socionic type in mind in the Jungian collective unconscious way where we have a subconscious sense of people in terms of types and for some reason find these incarnate in some visual form, to sound kinda mystical about it.

I can kinda see why EII might be considered based on the idea that EIIs are just really good people and Beta irrationals are hell raiser types but that's not always or even often the case (but they can be like that in the name of good =P). You also, fwiw, make me think of B&D going off of VI (I don't know how he talks about stuff, but you two have a visual similarity I guess).
    Thanks so much, wookie! I've never actually watched Fullmetal Alchemist, but not I'm curious to check it out. I actually think fictional characters are oftentimes very "pure" representations of the Socionic types, which makes them somewhat easier to type than real people (whose behavior is much more variable and ambiguous). Like Bart Simpson as a stereotypical SLE. Also, we get to observe the motivations/backstory that we don't usually get with people we meet.

lol, yeah I don't understand where the Beta = Evil idea came from... well, except for ******... and Stalin... and crazedrat. I'm actually rather flattered that people think I might be Delta because, yeah, they do come across as really good people. Has BulletsandDoves ever posted a picture? I don't know what he looks like, actually.

Speaking of piano, I used to play until about this time last year when mine broke (it was electric) and I've been too broke to replace it. I miss it.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Almost 400 views and only three people have voted... I'd definitely love to hear more from some of the Betas as well as the Deltas, about whether you can see me in your quadra.
    sooo i have to ask - based on your impressions of me and the "gap" between us, and of April (who you thought could be your identical), where do you see me type- and quadra-wise?

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your vids are in dire need of a de-esser, so much sillibance scraping my ears

I get IXFp. You come off as E9-ish too.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Auvi,

I like your videos. I remembered reading your posts in the past and you always strike me as an interesting person with a good sense of humour. Your videos just cemented the impression I had of you so far. When I was watching your videos, the image of John Cusack actually crossed my mind. Anyway, I voted for Fe-INFp. You seem like a Ti/Fe subtype, and I am pretty certain that you are an Ethical type. You appeared like a pretty chilled and easy-going person as compared to an INFj.

TIM
    INFj sub (Fi+Ne)/2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your painting have something kandinsky-esque, if you permit I inflate your ego.

Here is an example of the sort of person I think of as my dual. What type is she?:
    incredible, not that its especially my dual too, but I get often looks from these kind of girl (speaking about the personnality of course)...
    "The final delusion is the belief that one has lost all delusion."

-- Maurice Chapelain

you remind me of this french singer who could fit EII

check it from 2:02

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

there is a long video and plenty of posts so why arent there more votes? i want to see statistics.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I'm a misanthrope, not a curmudgeon. *shakes fist

As far as outgoing, I am pretty outgoing but I have my shy moments too. I tend to be more outgoing when I feel comfortable and rested.

Everyone was great , it was a fun time I can't wait to go back.

I think EII works for Baby from my interaction on the forum as well as IRL. I would say some of the same things about the missing of emotional/feeling queues from him since I wasn't really able to discern his thoughts and such.

In that sense I think me and glam were communicating a bit differently then Baby.

I also think that Baby goes through things in a rational fashion, from a basis from understanding/knowledge vs perceiving and taking satisfaction in just that. I won't go too much into that, but this video is a very rational and even analytical imo. Going quite in depth into the communication issues and sense of difference between each other.

Note that in my write up I completely avoid such topics and instead concentrate on what is preferable to me. Hookers and food and pulp fiction.

I must say I was pretty cruel to the artists, but I still appreciated their works. My favorite work was probably the one outside by Ai Wei Wei 12 Zodiacs, he's the guy that helped design the Bird's Nest in Beijing.

Ah Rapt at Rappaports, it's a interesting picture because when I saw it, I enjoyed it, I didn't really know what it's about. It's dynamic, a bit incomprehensible and yet it invoked a lot of thoughts in me, which I don't know if I had them or if I only have them in the analysis.

What Stuart Davis did in this period is cubist landscape, and Rapt is a landscape. Take a look at another work, Report from Rockport.

Take a look form his previous works and other works.

Now, I didn't know what Rapt at Rappaport had in it when I saw it, but the emotion it conveyed to me I do remember, and that was a sense of fun, improvisation and a good time was being had.

And this is the same as Jazz, which is not imo sophisticated(I think this terms was used in the video). Jazz is underground bars during prohibition, hookers, alchohol, vice and sin(everything I like) . There's also the sense of improvisation despite the countless hours of practice and dedication to the art, for the audience it's on the spot and down and dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry van Dyke on Jazz
    it is not music at all. It’s merely an irritation of the nerves of hearing, a sensual teasing of the strings of physical passion.
    The picture and jazz is kinda of the same, it's a tease, to bigger movements which would unfold in the future.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    Baby! <3 I really wish I could have met you all! I feel like such a d bag for not going.

As for your type, I could see you as my identical & have always been able to relate to your post. Heck, You're probably one of my favorite forum members. I was thinking the other day that you could possibly be an example of an IEI enneagram 9, which could make you come off as more Delta like. Most IEI's tend to be 4's & come off as more sullen & mysterious, which is why when you see IEI's of other enneagram types, it always seem a bit different. For example, I thought Bullets&Doves (who is IEI enneagram 6) was EIE for the longest time because his manner is just so different to my own, but I later realize that he came off that way simply because his enneagram typing is different.

Of course, EII is a possibility as well. I'd have to actually have more interaction to decide on that one. If you are a Delta NF type, I actually think IEE would probably be a better fit for you.

btw that painting is also not to my taste. I'm also not sure if art is always type related. My own style tends to be a lot more flowing and detailed.
    Starfall, you echoed a lot of my own thoughts there...

I'm not as versed in enneagram but I was going to say enneagram 9's might be hard to type just because they are so great at getting along with people of all types, and that might be why it might be so challenging to type you, Baby. I do agree that i've found IEI 9's to be very nice people (isn't that redbaron's type too? i could be mistaken).

The one thing that really sticks in my mind still though that supports Si-valuing to me is what Baby said about how he judges a painting by how it makes him feel. That just sounds like THE definition of Si to me. If people really think Baby is Fe-creative, I vote SEI > IEI.

I did also consider the possibility that Baby might be IEE... i was thinking whether to mention that or not, but looks like you also had that thought Starfall. I dont think that's out of the question.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer View Post
    you remind me of this french singer who could fit EII

check it from 2:02
    interesting how this guy strikes me as IXFp as well

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast