Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: VI yo, i'm new here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default [VI] yo, i'm new here

YO, I found out this forum about 1 year ago but I wasn't enough interested in socionics. Now I have some time and photos (some of them are when i was 16 or 18 and older) now i have 21 years old. If you can please help me to find out my socionics type .

Unfortunatelly I don't have any videos, only photos. I will try to make one as soon as possible.

If you have some questions, ask me, I will try to answer.

cya

P.S. - If there are any mistakes I can only apologise, english isn't my main language.
    Last edited by cps; 05-28-2012 at 06:31 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I get feeler type.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

first impression was ESI...

welcome to the forum!
    Last edited by glam; 05-07-2012 at 02:31 AM.

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two completely different types ran through my head... ILE because you remind me a little of Aquagraph, and SLI because in some pictures you remind my of American football player Tom Brady for some reason. But I'm terrible at this.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LII? I see some resemblance to myself and a few other LIIs.

Looks like you're into some sports - talk about them, your history, and why did you get into it. Do you compete or is it just a hobby?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, talking about sports... this is a very long subject cause I tried some of them so maybe I will start from the beginning.

I trained swimming for about 9 years, my mom sent me to the swimming club when I was 7 years old. I don't have any achivements in this area cause I didn't really liked this sport and my coach was focused on better swimmers so I had to learn by just observing them. The only time I was competiting was only in primary school, but I was always racing with my friends from the swimming club who were better. Then I become a lifeguard cause I wanted to get some profit but then I realized that this work isn't for me. Now when my little sister won some medals in swimming I am thinking about returning to this sport and get some medals as well.

I was taught also by my dad how to ski, but my dad isn't that so good but isn't bad as well. I am skiing for about 6-7 years and I think that i am pretty good at it (mostly I learned by observing ppl how they balanced their body) but it makes me bored (maybe because I usually ski alone cause no1 in my family isn't good enough to ski with me on more difficult routes) and now I want to learn snowboarding. I have never competeted.

I also know how to sail cause my mom went for sailing courses so I wanted to try it as well. I tried to competete in this area 3 times but I didn't have good crew so we didn't stand on podium. Sailing is now for me just a hobby.

Now I am training taekwondo for about 2 months (I trained in my hometown for about half a year but I had to stop cause of school exams) and I am thinking about tournaments. In the near future I want to learn box and maybe judo or jiu-jitsu and start in MMA but this is long way to this and I want to focus on taekwondo.

You may asking why I want to train martial arts, it's because I want to be stronger, feel stronger and be seen as strong but still I don't want to use this power to bully some1 but to protect myself and ppl who are in danger. I want to be independent, independent in any possible way. Also a good physical activity makes me calmer and I am not analyzing that much when I am tired. Also my mom said that I am less aggresive (during discussions).

Summarizing I never had problems with sports, maybe only with teamsports like soccer or basketball.
    Last edited by cps; 05-05-2012 at 10:02 AM.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cps View Post
    Summarizing I never had problems with sports, maybe only with teamsports like soccer or basketball.
    I'm not interested in those two as well, pretty boring actually.

TIM
    Ti(NeSi)Fe
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My estimate would be: FeSi
    Only based on these pictures.
    I'm new to socionics, but I believe that would be Ethical Sensory Extrovert (ESE)?

Originally from black hole, currently residing in Jupiter
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely an extrovert.
    Sincerely Yours,

Beyond the clouds. Beyond the sun.

The Rebel without a cause.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure you're SLE-Ti, welcome.. your English is very good btw!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SLE is a good typing; so is LSI
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe/Ti extrovert.
    EXTp in particular.

ESTp > ENTp

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You remind me of an ILE I know...
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLE is my deduction.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    SLE is a good typing; so is LSI
    What happened to feeler type?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good question

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hmm, you remind me of someone, but I'm not sure yet.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I don't know

Let's see;

Sensory, thinker

ISTj
    ISTp
    ESTp
    ESTj - this is the least likely in my opinion.

xSTx
    -

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    I don't know
    SLI?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can always ask me some extra questions. Maybe this will help?

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay.

You got typed SLE/LSI by most as opposed to ILE/LII because you talked about wanting to be strong and independent. And because you're into sports. You can comment further on it if you want. For me, that's not enough to type you SLE.

The thing I agree with is the fact that you're most likely a Ti/Fe valuer. Analysis is something thinking types are known for, especially Ti types. Aggressiveness probably means that you're not soft spoken (lack of Fi and strong Ti)? You should expand on that as well.

Other than that, I guess you can share your other interests. What you're studying (if you're in college), what you are good at, etc.

You should post in other threads as well when you got time so people can see different sides of you. Share your opinions and whatnot.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

He came to tinychat. We threw some black triangles around and I don't think he even saw them.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got any examples?

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The Life of Ryan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you could change 3 things about the country you live in, what would they be?[
    There is only one thing that I would change and it is a mentality of people. I often meet people who say that they want something but they don't achive it and complain about their actual situation and then do nothing with this (IMO) or doing it with wrong methods. I just can't stand when people complain and do nothing, a little bit of faith in own force and hardwork would change much.

What subjects do you like studying and what aspects of those subjects attract you?
    Well now I am studying at the Polytechnic electronics and telecommunications, but it isn't something I am interested in it. Mostly I am interested in psychology, because I am trying to understand peoples motives, minds. In most cases I get this knowledge from the internet, sometimes talking with others.

If you have to work in a group towards a project (say, building a deck in someone's backyard), what position do you usually find yourself in? What do you usually end up being responsible for?
    I am really good at planning and foresighting what should be done. I love to give commands, but in most cases people won't listen to me (maybe because they are lazy and I want to do things perfectly or maybe because of my childlish appearance, I really don't know). Usually I want to take most responsible work and I always do it perfectly. When I do something I give of myself 150%.

Aggressiveness probably means that you're not soft spoken (lack of Fi and strong Ti)? You should expand on that as well.
    Yeap, that's right. Usually I am irritating when someone doesn't understand my point of view and criticize me for that. Poeple who are close to me know that I am honest person and I won't hide anything that I have on my mind but when I talk with strangers in most cases I have to bite my tongue to not say something harmfull.

You should post in other threads as well when you got time so people can see different sides of you. Share your opinions and whatnot.
    Well maybe, but I don't like talking about things that I don't have enough knowledge or share unnecessary information about me.
    Last edited by cps; 05-06-2012 at 12:49 PM.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Okay.

You got typed SLE/LSI by most as opposed to ILE/LII because you talked about wanting to be strong and independent. And because you're into sports..
    Yes it's very little to go on but It wasn't just that, that made me think SLE-..it's the way he talks about those things. Plus, he makes the same facial expressions & styles himself as duals I've observed.. the way he smiles, his hair everything... although I could see a case for ILE.

Yeap, that's right. Usually I am irritating when someone doesn't understand my point of view and criticize me for that. Poeple who are close to me know that I am honest person and I won't hide anything that I have on my mind but when I talk with strangers in most cases I have to bite my tongue to not say something harmfull..
    ok if this doesn't point to creative, what does?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post

Well maybe, but I don't like talking about things that I don't have enough knowledge or share unnecessary information about me.
    ^ i more likely in the super-ego...

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diam0nd View Post
    Yes it's very little to go on but It wasn't just that, that made me think SLE-..it's the way he talks about those things. Plus, he makes the same facial expressions & styles himself as duals I've observed.. the way he smiles, his hair everything... although I could see a case for ILE.
    Probably a Ti thing because these are pretty much my default expressions.

ok if this doesn't point to creative, what does?
    Ti ego, not necessarily Ti creative.

No. Irrelevant.

Furthermore the following quotes point to Ne ego, and especially LII.
    Quote Originally Posted by cps
    Usually I want to take most responsible work and I always do it perfectly.
    Quote Originally Posted by cps
    I am really good at planning and foresighting what should be done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hum, I'm not sure so I will just explain why I don't like to talk about myself. In most cases when I was an open and talkative (sometimes I talk too much and better would be for me to cut my toungue out) after some time people (not all of course) used information about me against me. It is a type of defence until I don't know well someone or I have some information about this person.

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's the smart thing to do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be honest I am thinking about SLE - ILE > LII

damn it, I have to sleep with this options, best solutions comes up during sleep or right after awakening

umm, and what about LIE?

TIM
    Se+Ti+Ti
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be honest I am thinking about SLE - ILE > LII

damn it, I have to sleep with this options, best solutions comes up during sleep or right after awakening

umm, and what about LIE?
    interesting how you bring up these four types and in this order too. I was doing the same when trying to type myself recently.

what makes you think you could be LIE?

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hum, I'm not sure so I will just explain why I don't like to talk about myself. In most cases when I was an open and talkative (sometimes I talk too much and better would be for me to cut my toungue out) after some time people (not all of course) used information about me against me. It is a type of defence until I don't know well someone or I have some information about this person.
    Sounds like you value which avoids danger and mistakes, by learning from experience. Avoiding negative consequences from your words/ actions onto others is and in a valued block... (i think)

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think SLE or ILE work best. Choosing between the two, here's a very generalized/stereotypical question: would you prefer spending more time on intellectual stimulation (playing with ideas), or physical/interpersonal activities (playing with things/people)?

If you're thinking Gamma, I would look into SEE > LIE. You seem much more open and emotionally warmer in these photos than LIEs, who (to me at least) seem rather reserved and more controlled.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what makes you think you could be LIE?
    Not sure but IMO LIE is a type who is a kind of expert in some area of knowledge and acumulate information to do things fast and easy. Always when I am preparing for something I usually acumulate knowledge of this area to do things fast and improve methods. Also I am good at making someone laugh and I am pretty good at controlling facial expressions as well as tone of voice (but sometimes people tell me that I am too loud LOL). But this type I think is one of those who cares too much about money and I am a person who doesn't care at all untill I need it for some purpose (well yeah I never had problems with money).

Sounds like you value which avoids danger and mistakes, by learning from experience.
    Yeah, that's right I always try to learn from my and others mistakes but usually people don't see this thinking that I don't care about future and cause of that I am irresponsible. I am not always avoiding danger but in most cases it is planned somewhere in my mind. I am not scared about future cause I always know what will happen or at least I have an idea what to do during dangerous situation.

would you prefer spending more time on intellectual stimulation (playing with ideas), or physical/interpersonal activities (playing with things/people)?
    Hard question but I see myself mostly thinking about something and generating solutions/plans for me and others or talking about future. What can I say is that I love to discuss because it is always a possibility to learn something new. Sometimes I like to beat up people in discussions but that only happens if people are narrow minded, insult me or talk absolutely stupid things.

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure but IMO LIE is a type who is a kind of expert in some area of knowledge and acumulate information to do things fast and easy. Always when I am preparing for something I usually acumulate knowledge of this area to do things fast and improve methods. Also I am good at making someone laugh and I am pretty good at controlling facial expressions as well as tone of voice (but sometimes people tell me that I am too loud LOL). But this type I think is one of those who cares too much about money and I am a person who doesn't care at all untill I need it for some purpose (well yeah I never had problems with money).

Yeah, that's right I always try to learn from my and others mistakes but usually people don't see this thinking that I don't care about future and cause of that I am irresponsible. I am not always avoiding danger but in most cases it is planned somewhere in my mind. I am not scared about future cause I always know what will happen or at least I have an idea what to do during dangerous situation.

Hard question but I see myself mostly thinking about something and generating solutions/plans for me and others or talking about future. What can I say is that I love to discuss because it is always a possibility to learn something new. Sometimes I like to beat up people in discussions but that only happens if people are narrow minded, insult me or talk absolutely stupid things.
    From what you say here, and especially the bolded bits, I would say ILE > SLE > LIE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

time to look for some SEI's and IEI's

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am probably one of those (probably the latter), but duality doesn't work over the internet. Yeah, best way to go about is just to "try on" a type for a while, and observe your interactions and see the type of people you're drawn to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am observing your topic, but I don't have clear answer for your type. The only thing that I can say that you remind me one of my friends from highschool with who I was spending most of the time. After that period of time we stoped talking but I think that there is no problem in renewing contact.

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, from your pics, I think think we would get along pretty well. You remind me of a friend that I typed as ILE who I always had a lot of fun with. He had tons of energy and was great at telling jokes. We also lost touch because he was incredibly brainy, and went off to Germany to study Aerospace Engineering or something similarly mind-boggling.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Through VI, I thought SEE or ESE. I think he is strong in Fe and Se for sure. Not sure about anything else.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast