Thread: Artists are SEI or ESI?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Artists are SEI or ESI?

When I first joined this forum and said I'm an artist, people seemed to think that narrowed my type down, which surprised me. What surprised me even more is that some seemed to think they could pinpoint it, based on that, as either SEI or ESI.

Why?

What stereotype is this based on, and how true is the stereotype to irl experience or observations?

How is being artistic related to type, if it is at all??

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Alpha NT 5w4 so/sx
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They were wrong.
    OPERATION POOPLAIR

Now conscripting, for more information come here: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...48#post1003048

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NTR. Most people here know that. The ones who say otherwise...ignore them.

source: being an artist, father having been an LSE artist, SLE art professor, and being aware of many other artists from irl interaction and from studying them.
    Life's a bitch and she's got me pussy whipped.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand it's not type-related. I myself am likely some sort of ST and am an artist, and of course I know many NF artists, and there are bound to be many many of all types.

I am curious about the stereotype behind it -- why anyone would jump to ISFx in particular.

And while I don't think BEING an artist is type-related, I would bet that style, theme, and other choices are very much type-related. Perhaps Se types prefer bolder colors or "harsher" (to Si-valuers) color combinations or themes, while Si types prefer more softness and flow? Or perhaps these are stereotypes as well; I really don't know. I am very much still learning, myself

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, the answer is simple...art (visual art) is typically thought as being sensory because it's looking at stuff and it's thought of as emotional, expressive so it must be related to being strong in socionics ethics. Nevermind art that is based off of symbolism, is industrial in nature, or very intellectual.

I don't really pay attention to the rationale behind the stereotypes, but think about it a bit and it's obvious where people are getting this horse shit from, not that I mean to be condescending, but well, whatever. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Life's a bitch and she's got me pussy whipped.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anna1921 View Post
    I understand it's not type-related. I myself am likely some sort of ST and am an artist, and of course I know many NF artists, and there are bound to be many many of all types.

I am curious about the stereotype behind it -- why anyone would jump to ISFx in particular.

And while I don't think BEING an artist is type-related, I would bet that style, theme, and other choices are very much type-related. Perhaps Se types prefer bolder colors or "harsher" (to Si-valuers) color combinations or themes, while Si types prefer more softness and flow? Or perhaps these are stereotypes as well; I really don't know. I am very much still learning, myself
    There's an interesting thread on socionix about this. Check it out.

http://forum.socionix.com/topic/3114-socionics-and-art/

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the artists I know are: LSI, SLE, IEI, SEI, SLI, SLI, LSE.

So, um, that's a lot of S-types I guess!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know people who are artistic who are those types, but I know people who are artistic who are neither of those types as well. I think there's probably a light trend toward SF types and art, but only a light trend. There are people of every type who are artistic.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.