Thread: Derail - Why Is America So Intent Upon Ugliness?

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Derail - Why Is America So Intent Upon Ugliness?

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    I'm not a 3, I'm a 5. But my tritype is 3-5-8.
    Nah, you're a 3.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Holy shit

It all makes sense now

hkkmr is a 3w2 sp/sx

Game Over
    exactomundo. i've been billing for 3w2 from the start.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Nah, you're a 3.
    3's and 5's imo have similar drives. But when I get too much attention I go away, positive or negative.

I won't say I don't have 3ness since I would pick that as a tritype but I've always kept my self in isolation and liked people who were ok with that.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    3's and 5's imo have similar drives. But when I get too much attention I go away, positive or negative.
    Don't worry, you're just humble.

I won't say I don't have 3ness since I would pick that as a tritype but I've always kept my self in isolation and liked people who were ok with that.
    Interesting. Me too.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Don't worry, you're just humble.

Interesting. Me too.
    Imo E type is somewhat confusing and not as definite.

The tri-type of 3-5-8 is pretty good description of me.

If I am a 3 then sp/sx would be better instinct.
    If I am a 5 then sx/sp would be better instinct.

I'm pretty sure I'm a 8 last of 358 combinations, so it would be 538 or 358.

I don't think I'm really sp primary, because many of the things sp embody or is described is simply not me. I do like sp/sx women tho.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about sp doesn't fit?

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I prefer to all my best thinking outside, or in a bar, or in conversation with someone(generally just one person). I really hate being at home and such because I'm just playing a video game or reading something and it's a huge waste of time.

I'm not someone that would be happy working from home, I prefer the office environment even if I don't really talk to anyone in the office. Being at home is just stagnant and something I enjoy but I don't like being cooped up inside. I do like my home to be pleasant and attractive, but I spend minimal time doing this.

I'm not soc I don't think but I generally go out at least 3-4 nights a week, I used to do this 5-6 nights a week and was never home. My soc/sx friend goes out 7 nights a week and it's impossible for me to maintain that level of social life.

Quote Originally Posted by sx/sp
    This is perhaps the most internally conflicted of the stackings, and potentially the most inconsistent in behavior. This may occur as a blockage of the sexual instinct which can be redirected as a more generally brooding and troubled personality. They may isolate themselves for long periods of time before reemerging. They live according to a strictly personal outlook and are not particularly concerned with the approval of others outside of their immediate concern. They seem to be searching for something, the missing piece. If they find a soulmate they will unite without fanfare, forming a secret bond, dealing with formalities as an afterthought. Powerful sexual impulses facing inner resistance may manifest symbolically in the psyche, giving way to soulful interpretations of the unconscious. Under periods of stress severe sexual tensions may manifest as erratic, impulsively destructive behavior. Can seem restless, torn between the comforts of a stable home life and the urge to wander. May be prone to self-medicating.

This is a very good way to describe me vs sp/sx descriptions.

Creepy-female

Hk it never occurred to me that you're a 5. It doesn't really make sense. 3 seems like a much better typing, and I don't even know what enneagram you are (you might not be a 3, but definitely not a 5, IMHO).

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    Hk it never occurred to me that you're a 5. It doesn't really make sense. 3 seems like a much better typing, and I don't even know what enneagram you are (you might not be a 3, but definitely not a 5, IMHO).
    That's interesting, since I think 5 is how I see myself. I've spent most of my life developing my skills in various things, like computers, etc, in order to be able to do things as good as possible. I think 5/3 are very similar and one of the things where I think I most differ from a 3 is this.

Quote Originally Posted by 5's
    For better or worse, the areas that Fives explore do not depend on social validation; indeed, if others agree with their ideas too readily, Fives tend to fear that their ideas might be too conventional.

I don't know if it's natural or just my fear of intimacy/abandonment, but I tend to rub people the wrong way with my social interactions and the way I promote my ideas. I generally rely on people coming back to me because they need my expertise.