I have decided to perform a few correlational studies into socionics, the first of which will be a general investigation into inter-rater reliability. This is in part a response to Niffweeds analysis of his "me too" and more specifically a study into what traits are observed and typings given in the absence of the "me too" variables.
I am collecting a wide source of anonymous autobiographical and biographical material which will be issued to each of the coders. The coders will be given time to study the material and given a questionnaire. Whilst the content of this questionnaire is still to be finalised, it will be something along the lines as follows
1. Which IM do you think is most likely the individuals base function
2. How confident are you of this (scale 1-5)
3. Which temperament do you think is most likely
4. How confident are you of this (scale 1-5)
5. What quadra do you think is most likely.
6. How confident are you of this (scale 1-5)
7. What type do you think is most likely
8. How confident are you of this (scale 1-5)
- repeated for each set of sample data
9. How would you rate you own knowledge and understanding of socionic theory (scale 1-5)
10. How would you rate your own ability to code a persons type from the information (scale 1-5)
11. Please add any further information you wish to use to qualify your answers
All data will be treated in strict confidence and the results will be published without usernames. Once the data has been published, the original data tying it to the raters usernames will be destroyd. However there will be an additional question on the questionnaire which wil include the names of those who have agreed to take part.
a. How would you assess coder A's ability to rate their own aptitude in coding anothers type (1-5, Don't know)
b. How would you assess coder B's ability to rate their own aptitude in coding anothers type (1-5, Don't know)
This information will be published seperately. I will do a statistical analysis and I would also like a volunteer do do an independent analysis, however apart from the data from the last question, all data will be published in full (minus user names)
As such I am looking for volunteers to code the information, the more the merrier. You don't need to be an expert, as this is not the point of the study, but you should be able to honestly assess yourself.
I am also looking for someone to do an independent statistical analysis, this person will receive the raw data, minus the user names. This person must agree to keep all information confidential apart from that which has been stated.
Please pm me if you are interested in either of these roles. The list of coders/participants will be finalised by Monday 7th May and instructions sent shortly after.
I also welcome suggestions with regards to the design of this study e.g. how much information you require to type someone, format, question wording etc.
All participants have the right to withdraw at anytime (as such all data submitted will be destroyed) and there will also be a debrief.
If this study is a success I have a number of experimental studies that I would like to follow up with.
Thank you for reading and I hope to hear back from as many of you as possible.