4 Thread(s)

Default discuss

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I like reading some of the remarks not all the obscene ones. I think the ones that say "xx was here" is creepy.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

lol.

in hs somebody wrote in the bathroom that i would fuck anything that moved and i wouldn't scribble it out because of pride but it really hurt my feelings.

true confessions

i think maybe theres a point to the picture but there are other kinds of art that aren't designed for acclaim that are cooler (imo) than toilet scribbles. like, the way someone walks. but then there's the whole "everything is art" thing and i don't know how i feel about that.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i think i decided everything is art. some people just slyly take advantage.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I always forget to make my thread titles eye-catching.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i wouldn't be surprised if the person who wrote that was some kind of NF type.

in my opinion, the fact that it was created for "critical acclaim and financial awards" doesn't necessarily make something impure art. brilliant and beautiful art has arisen from people who were heavily motivated by acquiring fame, money, sex, etc.

people can define for themselves what "pure" art is, since one's reaction to art is a very personal thing. for myself: i know that i would not hang toilet scribble on my wall

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One particular stall in my life: the left wall said, "look right" and the right wall said, "look left."

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I once wrote, "I poop, therefore I am" on the wall, next to the toilet paper. Someone later put a smile face next to it; I was pleased with myself. Very pleased.

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    I have a massive urge to add a badly scribbled "F" before "art" in this picture/bathroom wall.

Creepy-bg

I love bathroom graffiti, my favorite being the cryptic or creepy stuff.

as far as it being art, yeah it is to me, or it can be. even though i'm not thrilled or going study it's merit, even somebody scrawling "SHIT" on the wall with a handful of their own personal shit, is a sort of art to me. (hah, to tell the truth, while it would disgust me on some level seeing it, i would tell my friends if i saw something like that and get a conversation going on possible statements the person was trying to make )

i don't judge art on it's purity. if it conveys and causes examination of an idea or emotion or whatever, it's art. the media or enviorment it's done in is just part of piece (of course it can be an important part and play a large roll in conveying the message).

ehh i'm stoned and babbling. im gunna stop going back to edit this post now
    Last edited by bg; 05-02-2012 at 02:19 AM.