Thread: the emperor has no clothes

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default the emperor has no clothes

ive noticed this motif lately in my life. like for example on the forum i don't really bother much arguing with people who already aren't taken seriously because its whatever and i don't feel like i have a job to do by calling them out. and what frustrates me more is when i feel like somebody SHOULD be taken issue with and other people just dont see the problem.

sometimes i'm a poor debater because i feel like what i'm seeing is just so obvious. so i fall back on silly arguments or emotional appeals because, duh, i'm already right, and the other person must KNOW this, since its TRUE, so its just a matter of getting them to admit it lol.

does anybody else relate to this? type related? ways to improve on this? please discuss.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like to have fun goading the Emperor every once and a while. I mean... He's naked and that's funny.
    Easy Day

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    like for example on the forum i don't really bother much arguing with people who already aren't taken seriously because its whatever and i don't feel like i have a job to do by calling them out. and what frustrates me more is when i feel like somebody SHOULD be taken issue with and other people just dont see the problem.
    For me it is not the fact they aren't taken seriously by majority rule that makes me to not bother nor engage with such people. Sole fact I know their opinion clashes with mine when I know I'm right and they still seem to argue despite evidence to the contrary, just to save their sorry arses, is what actually prompts me to not take them seriously. That doesn't stop me from pointing out how and where they're wrong as long as long I had a good day.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't like to argue.

but if I know I'm right and it matters somehow, I'll might say "I know I'm right" and walk away. No debate necessary. But usually I won't bother, and instead say nothing and walk away. But walking away is usually the next thing that happens. (or getting out of the thread, if it's here or on fb)

No, I take that back. I never say "I know I'm right". That's what I'm thinking. But I rarely say it out loud. I think I probably *communicate* that by walking away and refusing to debate the issue further. Or by putting the overall emotional atmosphere ahead of the issue at hand and just dropping it so we can move along with life.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are not right.

If you need to point something out then it's mostly likely in your imagination. Otherwise you would have accepted it and moved on.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    You are not right.

If you need to point something out then it's mostly likely in your imagination. Otherwise you would have accepted it and moved on.
    every time you feel the need to point out a wrong, it means that you are wrong? am i understanding you right? i'm sure there are times when i'm wrong but this rule seems so arbitrary.

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does it?

What does publicizing a supposedly wrong act serve? Right. Validation. It means that you are not sure of your righteousness, and if you are not sure then you certainly don't know all the implications of said wrong. Your truth may as well been false.

What is left in your hand is nothing but a self-fulfilling prophecy.