EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default Evelyn

Type Evelyn, a patient:

" Clinical vignette: Evelyn

She was overwhelmed by the relational chaos that she frequently found herself in with
    both women and men, which she couldn’t understand. She was fearful, seemed
    na¨ıve and much younger than her age. She had tried therapy before but had not
    managed to establish a sustained relationship with a therapist. Evelyn would
    frequently not turn up for sessions, call to try to cancel or change the date and
    time, arrive late and often in a very angry mood, or try to end her therapy.
    In spite of this, Evelyn did persevere and after about a year we settled into a
    rhythm of three sessions per week. Later, when we were able to think about
    this together, it seemed that Evelyn hated the ‘shape’ of what felt to her like a
    too rigid and imposed frame. We also came to understand that this to-ing and
    fro-ing represented something of her desperate confusion about both longing
    for, yet fearing, emotional contact. It was also a reflection of her preoccupation
    with the question of ‘space’, there was either too much or not enough for her to
    feel safe. Throughout the whole analysis the theme of spatial safety and finding6 Amanda Dowd
    a rhythm between us of what felt like ‘just that side of too close’ and ‘just this
    side of too far apart’ was a constant preoccupation.
    The image that emerged over time was of a woman in constant mental agony
    as Evelyn could not understand how relationships or life ‘worked’. This was
    hidden beneath a carefully managed and presented exterior of self-conscious
    ‘softness’. So insistent was her bodily presentation whether in a collapsed or
    highly charged affective state that for a long time I failed to appreciate how
    un-embodied she actually was. The over-soft presentation also camouflaged the
    hateful, hard and cruel belief system that she lived within as well as hiding her
    agonizing uncertainties about self—her doubts about being a person at all. This
    confused her as it did others in her life, and generated intense shame.
    Evelyn did eventually manage to make periodic use of me as a present and
    thoughtful mother and firm enough and ordered father in the transference.
    During these times the pattern of both the family abuse and chaos and other
    traumatic incidents in her life could be recognized to a degree, the pain of
    recognition felt, and a more thinkable narrative of herself and her family history
    could be constructed in both drawings and language—Evelyn often drew herself
    as a very small child in a huge empty space. Evelyn did marry and this marriage
    brought a degree of financial and emotional stability that was new to her; it
    was relieving because she began to feel safe in a way previously not experienced
    but at the same time she often felt the marriage to be unbearably constricting.
    After a time, acting out within the marriage in terms of dangerous liaisons
    and explosions of anger began to mirror the acting out in the transference. At
    reasonably regular intervals we entered a period of turbulence characterized
    either by Evelyn telling me that she had visited another therapist and they had
    told her this or that, or by eruptions of rage because I so obviously ‘didn’t get it’
    or by a particular usage of her considerable intelligence to ‘grill’ or interrogate
    me when she felt that I had failed her by ‘missing’ something."
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE

confirmed

what type do you think she is ,maritsa?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I just want people to be able to tell me what characteristics stand out about Evelyn
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

are you going to leave this forum if they let you down ?

Marxist Ne’er-do-well Red Villain's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-SLI/ xNTJ
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SXE
    "We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.".

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where did you come across this description?
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tell me about her childhood.
    IEE-Ne

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

where did you copy paste that from maritsa

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I copied it from the Journal of Psychology website.
    -

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Insecure attachment, not sure of pattern. probably high number of risk factors whilst growing up. Lot's of clinical stuff I don't know about. If there is anything in here which is type related (let alone type dependent) it is so tied up with her overall situation that it would be impossible to untangle from this vignette,
    IEE-Ne