Thread: Similar types

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Similar types

This is a relevant thing to discuss imo, because it deals with mistakes often made when typing people.
    I've come to the conclusion that not only Quasi-Identicals can be very similar, but also other types:

- types with the same Creative Function (thus also with same PoLR)
    - types with the same Leading Function
    - types with the same Hidden Agenda function
    - types who share either Introversion or Extroversion and same second and fourth dychotomies but different third dychotomies (ESFj/ESTJ; ISFJ/ISTJ etc.)

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    thanks lungs, I'll take a look.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't agree with Krig's list. Mirror is not the most common mistyping. How many people here were/are mistyped as their Mirror?

IMO:
    "Mistyping" is relative so I'm using the types people are between as per common consensus.

1. Benefit
    e.g. Ashton (SLE - LIE), FDG (SLE - LIE), polikujm (EII - ILI), bg (SEI - EII), Gilly (ILE - EIE), hitta (LII -IEI), invisiblejim (LSI - ILI), pa3s (LII - SLI), scarlettlux (EIE - SEE), workaholicsanon (ESE - IEE), Allie (IEI - ESI), munenori (EII - SEI), Khola (IEE - ESE), etc.

2. Kindred/Business
    e.g. lungs (EII - ESI), labcoat (LII - LSI), guavadrunk (SEI - IEI), pistolshrimp (SEI - IEI), cpig (SLI - ILI), robvillain (SLI - ILI), agarina (ESI - EII), aquagraph (SLE - ILE), expat (LIE - LSE), taknamay (EII - LII)

3. Quasi-identical
    e.g. esc (LII - ILI), aestrivex (LII - ILI), parkster (SLI - LSI), jessica (SLI - LSI), etc

4. Mirror
    e.g. scarlettlux (IEI - EIE), newbornstar (IEI - EIE), lungs (EII - IEE), etc

5. Illusory/Semi-dual
    e.g. dolphin (SEE - IEI), khamelion (SEE - IEI), Khola (SEI - IEE), UDP (LSE - LII), etc

And then not so common:

6. Activation
    7. Supervision
    8. Extinguishment
    9. Superego
    10. Conflict/Duality (with the exception of implied's type being between ILI and SEE, wtf)

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Air View Post
    This is a relevant thing to discuss imo, because it deals with mistakes often made when typing people.
    I've come to the conclusion that not only Quasi-Identicals can be very similar, but also other types:

- types with the same Creative Function (thus also with same PoLR)
    - types with the same Leading Function
    - types with the same Hidden Agenda function
    - types who share either Introversion or Extroversion and same second and fourth dychotomies but different third dychotomies (ESFj/ESTJ; ISFJ/ISTJ etc.)
    Not that I'm nitpicking, but I just wanted to point out that your first, third, and forth on the list are basically saying the same thing. Same creative function (2) means same polr (4), same hidden agenda (6), (and same demonstrative (8)).

Also, your second and fourth on the list have the similarities of same leading function (1) means same role (3), (and same ds (5), and same ignoring (7)).

Though I do realize that your fourth on the list uses the mbti like label rather than the alternative socionics labels:
    ESFj/ESTj = XeSi, XSE
    ISFj/ISTj = XiSe, XSI

If you play around with each of these labeling types, you can find other types of similarities between types.
    For example, extroverted ethical types (EXFy (esfj, enfj, esfp, enfp)) all have 4D Fe (either as leading function or as demonstrative function) and as such, would showcase Fe more than other types do. (they also all have 3D Fi, 2D Te, and 1D Ti)

These similarities was one of the reasons why I preferred to type by waiting to see which elements/functions made themselves most obvious, and then gradually figuring out the type from there, (but quite often not going much further than the most obvious element/function shown).
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Boredom:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...QNVZBb0E#gid=0

I tested out my earlier hypothesis and it turns out I wasn't too off.
    Out of a pool of roughly 100 people:

20 - Kindred
    20 - Mirror
    16 - Benefit
    15 - Business
    15 - Quasi-identical
    06 - Activation
    04 - Dual
    04 - Extinguishment
    04 - Semi-dual
    01 - Illusory
    01 - Supervision
    00 - Superego
    00 - Conflict

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

its cool to see something done with the spreadsheet.

funny how common benefit is.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Each type have 4 most similar types:
    3 types having 1 different and 3 same dychotomies
    1 mirror
    (at least such is for image method)

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Boredom:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...QNVZBb0E#gid=0

I tested out my earlier hypothesis and it turns out I wasn't too off.
    Out of a pool of roughly 100 people:

20 - Kindred
    20 - Mirror
    16 - Benefit
    15 - Business
    15 - Quasi-identical
    06 - Activation
    04 - Dual
    04 - Extinguishment
    04 - Semi-dual
    01 - Illusory
    01 - Supervision
    00 - Superego
    00 - Conflict
    Nice. Looks like I came pretty close with my updated list later on in the other thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    I've given up trying to come up with a formula for it, because I realized I was basically trying to logically justify my intuitive conclusions, which made it kind of pointless. So taking the above formula as a basic starting point, and modifying it somewhat to bring it in line with my intuitive perception of the frequency of these mistypings, I've arrived at the following list.

In order from most frequent mistyping to least frequent mistyping:

1. Mirror and Quasi-Identity.
    2. Benefit, Kindred, and Look-a-Like.
    3. Extinguishment.
    4. Activity.
    5. Super-Ego.
    6. Mirage and Semi-Duality.
    7. Supervision.
    8. Duality.
    9. Conflict.

This is what I'm currently using. I generally regard anything at Super-Ego and below to be a fairly unlikely mistyping, with Conflict being almost impossible for anyone with even a basic understanding of socionics and human nature. The top couple of places I consider understandable mistakes even for highly experienced socionists, especially if they're not intimately familiar with the subject being diagnosed.
    Looks like I over-estimated Quasi-Identical, under-estimated Kindred, and the line for "fairly unlikely" should have been two places higher, at Extinguishment. Plus Super-Ego and Dual were flip-flopped and a couple of other things in the less likely range were a bit off.

Actually, looking at the differences between the two lists, it looks like the only error I made was slightly underestimating how well people can perceive quadra values. Types like Quasi-Identical, Extinguishment, and Super-Ego, with no valued elements in common, were higher on my list than they should have been, and types like Duality, Semi-Duality, and Kindred were lower on my list than they should have been.
    Quaero Veritas.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Note: I miscounted nanashi's type-relation as Mirror (LIE - ILI) when it should have been Illusory (IEE - ILI) so that's -1 for the former and +1 for the latter. It doesn't change much, except bring Mirror down to #2.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

One does or is concerned more about something than the other;

Take ESTj/ESFj

Both are sensory types and tend to follow their feelings, looking like they are spontaneous or impulsive; they see something and their senses can not be contained and they say "ooh that looks nice, I'm going to get it."

LSE can put things they HAVE TO DO ahead of things they want or stuff that they want; they can put their responsibilities ahead of their feelings, and their sensations; they can lose that too;
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html