Thread: When are you wrong?

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default When are you wrong?

How often are you wrong and on what things are you wrong more often?

What about the things you are very often correct about?

How do you know you are right?

[edit: thanks anndelise ]
    Last edited by Aquagraph; 04-25-2012 at 04:15 PM.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm never wrong, but if I really trust you I'll tell you I'm lying.
    Easy Day

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You would be wrong to trust me!
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Right about: things that need to get done by or on certain time; people; right about finance; right about what's going to happen or what will happen;

Wrong: that I'm useless, I often downplay or criticize my own will; wrong about excessive excitement about ideas that may not be too useful.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Right about: things that need to get done by or on certain time; people; right about finance; right about what's going to happen or what will happen;

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    I wait for the future to see if the results I was pushing came to fruition. When they do, I declare them to be right.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wait for the future to see if the results I was pushing came to fruition. When they do, I declare them to be right.
    And how does this apply in your typings?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

And how does this apply in your typings?
    I've screamed, begged, argued, rolled over, threw them a donut, anything to try to convince them that they are that type and to very little result as I have ZERO will over anything. Then in a few month/year (s) they come back and tell me I'm right.

I take out that brick block and bang my head on it. Mostly because I think "why did I try so hard to try to get through, when I know so very well that I can't."
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-27-2012 at 02:35 PM.
    -

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then in a few month/year (s) they come back and tell me I'm right.
    Name five forum members that have acted so.

This shouldn't pose a problem since you are one of the most eager typers and your post count is over ten thousand.

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm wrong more often than I am right.
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(adding in: How do you know when you're right?)

Mostly I deal with brainstorming...and experimenting...rather than "truth".
    In these cases, rather than making an assertion, I usually say "maybe..." or "what if..." or "what would happen if..."
    With these, I look for feedback. Feedback in brainstorming lets me know which directions to brainstorm towards. Feedback in experimenting lets me know what works, what didn't, and eventually leads to ideas of why something worked/didn't work, and maybe even what to try next.

I quite often get technical terms wrong. Probably because I might remember the idea behind the term, but not the term itself. But I also often get confused by how people use some terms/phrases.

I have found that it's easier, and leads to less fighting, if I say something like "a book I read said...." if that is the case. This way, I am not stuck arguing for what someone else said, but still able to use that info that I read as an idea...rather than as a "truth". Unfortunately, this was a hard lesson to learn , and I might still fall back on repeating info from a book, without stating it's not my own idea, particularly if I'm focusing on what's being said now...in the moment...rather than having time/space to add descriptions and edit.

I don't tend to make judgments easily, usually spending a lot of time on the fence about something...seeing it through multiple lenses. So if I did make a judgment about something, and later get feedback about whatever it was I had judged, then I'm likely to go back onto the fence, or alter my judgment to accommodate the new info.

I would say that I look for feedback via personal experiences (mine or others') to let me know if I'm on the right/wrong track.

(note: it's quite possible that what I wrote here...is wrong.. in one or more ways. )
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

being wrong requires that you first take a stance on an issue. a lot of times the wrongness results from the overconfidence in insisting to have an opinion when you're better off admitting you just don't know. of course taking this too far leads to analytical paralysis, so in the end it's still a balancing act.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This shouldn't pose a problem since you are one of the most eager typers and your post count is over ten thousand.
    Take into account that she deleted nearly half her posts.

As for the questions

1) Have to check it,

2) Same as above,

3) When I know I'm right, I am right.
    Last edited by Absurd; 04-25-2012 at 04:45 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm wrong all the time. I feel I both can and can't have any opinions. As soon as I have an opinion I begin to feel it's wrong, but on the other end of this I can actually be kind of insistent. I feel a complete mess in this realm and I feel bad about it too. It's not just about what you say but about how you say it and the way that you're thinking about it. Sometimes you can feel one thing, but be thinking about it another way and they don't line up so you don't speak from one place. This makes it far more likely that you will be "wrong" even if a single statement you made is in one sense or another, correct (if it can be).

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I rarely assert an opinion about something or say out loud to someone that I think this or that is right or wrong. Because I know there's always two sides and rarely do I have all the information.

If, however, I KNOW I'm right, I will assert it, maybe. If the other person objects and I still know I'm right, I'll stand my ground and feel the need to defend it. Like this: "trust me, I wouldn't be saying this at all unless I was 100% certain so the fact that you're disbelieving me is ridiculous". lol I dunno. It's rare though. I hardly ever do that.

If I really don't care, but I still know, I won't say anything. Or if I don't want to get into a disagreement over it. I ALWAYS hold my hunches inside. And I sometimes hold my knowledge inside too, even when I know for sure. I keep it and use it when it's needed but otherwise, why bother. Plus, the more knowledge I have that other people don't have, the more power. mwahahaha

I guess I know I'm right if I get my information directly from the source, or from several sources I completely trust. I never take rumors to be true.

I'm OFTEN wrong with dates, names, places, details. But sometimes I get them right. Sometimes I get them *almost* right. But it's funny, like for example, finding a place... if I've been there once before, I can sort of feel my way there. "this looks right" and then I turn and voila! But I might not remember that he told me it was on the west side of the street, for example.

I think life experience has taught me not to assume that I'm right when it comes to people, their motivations, their feelings. I mean, I'm usually right, but things are often more complicated than they seem, overall.

Did any of that make sense?
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The key to being always right is to be highly self absorbed. But then admitting you are wrong makes you always right.
    Last edited by rat1; 04-25-2012 at 07:45 PM.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not often wrong about people, but I sometimes get information confused, like I'll read three sources about one subject and get facts mixed up.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I tend to be right about factual evidence and I have good spatial awareness. It's like the opposite people think sometimes. lol it annoys me because people tend to think I'm a non-logical guy but really all of my problems have been social, I feel like I'm mildly autistic somewhat.

However, I realized that I actually am a bad judge of character. For example I will think somebody is boring then end up liking them. Or I will think somebody is really cool and then hate their guts. I think I got interested in socionics to give me better Fi or something. I don't really like psychoanalyzing everybody or being insightful about people's 'inner natures' like most people are. I realize that most people only like doing this because they get off on trying to troll others and seeing all the ways they can get a rise out of people but I never enjoyed doing this unless it was other gay people and pretending that I could change them. I felt guilty about this though. It was fun to see them get so seriously upset while I stood there and smirked but I also felt immature. I can't help it, I'm sensitive. =p When I kick the baby kitten in the face my instinctive reaction isn't 'fuck yeah man im so bad-ass' its 'That was kind of crappy of me.'

Creepy-pokeball

When I take a left.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fenryrr View Post
    I'm wrong more often than I am right.
    Wrong.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Silence, to me, confirms the success of my goal. Checkmate.

Maybe I shouldn't take too much pride in outwitting someone who said that she, quote: "failed" her IQ test.

Thank you for your insightful posts although I didn't have any initial interest in this topic.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Factual stuff, I only say when I know I'm right, or I just looked it up to prove a point, so I'm usually right (unless I'm obviously bullshitting).

Emotional stuff, I tend to feel like I'm wrong for feeling a certain way, until I'm right.
    I hate wading through emotions, I feel like with certain circumstances or people I'm dead on
    and with others very close to me, I'm more confused at how to feel until I realize it's okay to be confused.

I get way more stressed over emotional matters than physical ones. my final is tomorrow, i've barely studied but i know i'll probably pull and all nighter to review it all.
    when i just had a fight with a SO i can't concentrate on anything else without a quesy feeling in the pit of my stomach.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread wasn't interesting per se but I wanted to trap to marista verbally and I think I did it pretty well.

Tyrant with a side of bacon
    TIM
    ENTJ, LIE, 8w9
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm generally right when it comes to career or work-related matters/decisions.
    I'm generally wrong when it comes to life & personal matters/decisions.

I feel sorry for my closest and longest term friends. They have always watched me run right to the fire despite whatever advice or even interventions they have provided for my hard-headed, totally ignoring benefit.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Finale View Post
    I'm generally right when it comes to career or work-related matters/decisions.
    I'm generally wrong when it comes to life & personal matters/decisions.

I feel sorry for my closest and longest term friends. They have always watched me run right to the fire despite whatever advice or even interventions they have provided for my hard-headed, totally ignoring benefit.
    You're generally a general, generally generalising LIE of generalist stock, generally speaking. What general advice can you give me for I crave generalisations?

TIM
    ENTJ, LIE, 8w9
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    You're generally a general, generally generalising LIE of generalist stock, generally speaking. What general advice can you give me for I crave generalisations?
    Really sorry to hear there was never anyone there to lavish you as a young boy with love and attention.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Really sorry to hear there was never anyone there to lavish you as a young boy with love and attention.
    Really sorry to say I'm not your quadra nor ever have been. Nah, I'm not sorry at all, just wanted to make it known. Now fuck off as I am fucking off yer premises.

TIM
    ENTJ, LIE, 8w9
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Really sorry to say I'm not your quadra nor ever have been. Nah, I'm not sorry at all, just wanted to make it known. Now fuck off as I am fucking off yer premises.
    In or not in my quadra, I'm hoping that maybe someday you will share the experiences of community college life. It's one thing I've always been curious about.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[edit: thanks anndelise ]
    If I know a fact, I know a fact - I know its source, and I don't remember the last time I bobbled one. If I don't know something or am unsure, I usually don't posture.

If it's a concept, then I try to argue it on that basis.
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

In or not in my quadra, I'm hoping that maybe someday you will share the experiences of community college life. It's one thing I've always been curious about.
    I never went to community college, it was uni.

What kind of experiences are you interested in for there are two types of people - those who divide people into two types and those who do not. Your "in or not in my quadra" as well as mine is an example of that. Community college is an example of that although you couldn't have known so I'm just going to laugh it off this time. Your typing of yourself is an example of that and last but not least you typing of, say, your wife, girlfriend, dad, mum, etc., is as well.
    Last edited by Absurd; 05-03-2012 at 06:31 AM.

TIM
    me>> Augusta whore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread wasn't interesting per se but I wanted to trap to marista verbally and I think I did it pretty well.
    I think people have said often to her that she was right all along in a joking sarcastic manner because many people have gotten tired to try to prove her. And have accepted her insanity.

So imo what we learn here is that insanity too when strong willed will get what it wants.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im wrong when i agree with maritsa
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    Te-ILI; 5w6 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    im wrong when i agree with maritsa
    So do other people who agree with her on wrong things like half her typings. Most notably potential competitors for cock are typed SEE and potential providers of said cock are typed delta ST.
    People who neither care for a cock nor can provide one are left to bear the weight of their own typing.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

When I'm right, ahem.

And I hate the part when your sausage falls deep into the mustard jar, I can't get it out.

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

I'm uncertain how to answer the questions in the OP without sounding vague, because I think it depends on the context. I'm often right about the stuff I am knowledgeable in, and where I'm not I will refrain from making any tentative predictions. I've been accused of being a smart ass and a know-it-all, which is upsetting since I don't see myself as conceited. I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong or just saying I do not know.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm always right. When I'm wrong, its because you misunderstood and it was just a theory and I was thinking out loud.
    Perfect<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>Loops and Tings

Ambivert / Aggressor / Trailblazer / Nomad / Alpha Caretaker / Free Spirit / Kevlar Speed Demon / Ninja

TIM
    me>> Augusta whore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if im wrong or somebody else seems to be wrong it just isnt a big surprise