Thread: the shrine of each quadra

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default the shrine of each quadra

Last edited by Vois; 06-06-2014 at 06:38 AM.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Find me the quarta that has a shrine to Clausewitz, Machivelli, Adam Smith, Von Humboldt, Aristotle, Luther, and Johanthan Say. I'd be happy there. I also like Tolkien, the book of hours, and a few others.

THIS WOULD BE OUR SONG!

Then after that, we go and listen to this.

Last edited by Saberstorm; 04-23-2012 at 07:09 AM.

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I keep hearing comparisons between Unitarian Universalism and Delta, but there's probably a big cultural element playing a part too.

Alpha can get My Little Pony: FIM
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all of the mass effect universe is one big beta party.

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Disney is a military industrial complex which designs social programming.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Romantic movement consists almost entirely of Betas.

Generally if you hang out with theater people for long enough (especially musical theater, I think), you'll find lots of betas. Director = SLE ("I like telling people what to do."), Stage Manager = LSI ("grumblegrumble why do I hang out with all these crazy people oh wait it's because they bring excitement and drama which I desperately\secretly crave without being able to create it for myself"), Actor = EIE ("I HAVE SO MANY FEELINGS TOO MANY FOR REAL LIFE SO I'M GOING TO EXPEND THEM ALL ON STAGE!!!!"), Writer = IEI ("I shall create a fantasy land because I'm not so much into the real world!")

Yay!
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The things that often get promoted in each quadra, that seem to kind of "make or break" you as one of them, are ridiculous. Like Betas boil down to being blowhards and fags who can't wipe their own asses. That's their shrine. Deltas give me a creepy Mormon vibe..mixed with the Disney thing. Gamma is "materialistic", I guess. With Alpha, you can switch out Delta's Disney infantilism with My Little Pony. I don't know how the more individualistic people keep a straight face. Quadra values must be the dumbest thing about socionics.

TIM
    Fi/Te 6 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stray View Post
    I don't know how the more individualistic people keep a straight face.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stray View Post
    The things that often get promoted in each quadra, that seem to kind of "make or break" you as one of them, are ridiculous. Like Betas boil down to being blowhards and fags who can't wipe their own asses. That's their shrine. Deltas give me a creepy Mormon vibe..mixed with the Disney thing. Gamma is "materialistic", I guess. With Alpha, you can switch out Delta's Disney infantilism with My Little Pony. I don't know how the more individualistic people keep a straight face. Quadra values must be the dumbest thing about socionics.
    I'm pretty materialistic - doesn't make me gamma. Don't watch Disney - I leave things that are behind me behind me. I'm not a puff as well - so that rules out beta. My Little Pony gives me the creeps - alpha out of the way.

As long those are quadra values or whatever it is called, I'm homeless.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally think quadra values make a lot of sense, but not as in "hurr, every Alpha worships ugly cartoon horses, derp" but more like similar goals in life, compatible philosophies and just a compareable mindset even though the individual types within the quadra are pretty different from each other.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    Generally if you hang out with theater people for long enough (especially musical theater, I think), you'll find lots of betas.
    That's what I call a nightmare come true. I'm afraid to open my fridge now.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Alpha NT 5w4 so/sx
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So far this thread is atrocious and not what I was expecting. Make the "shrines" more abstract and less emotionally charged. Shrines should be places isolated from irrelevant things: Islands of collected symbols and metaphors, housing general themes. In other words, these shrines should not be existing places or things with a label already attached, but should be composed of neutral objects, whose proximation constitutes a new idea that parallels quadra values. At least that would be interesting.
    OPERATION POOPLAIR

Now conscripting, for more information come here: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...48#post1003048

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quadra capitals of the world:

Alpha: Masdar City

Beta: Welthauptstadt Germania

Gamma: Manhatten

Delta: Welwyn Garden City

– Arthur Schopenhauer

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    all of the mass effect universe is one big beta party.
    SPOILERS!

Not really. Most of the people I know who play this (my self included) play for the story telling about the bonds between the characters and don't give a fuck about the giant impending doom of the plot. So yeah, beta elements, but certainly not the only elements present or the only reasons that people play the game.

Hell I played the first one trying to romance Tali the entire game only to find out I couldn't, then tried to romance Jack in the second since I was playing a paragon and the whole good guy fixing a broken woman was something I wanted to see played out only to find out that right when Jack wanted to consummate the relationship that Tali was back and I couldn't turn my back on my first love. That's just a loyalty thing, so I broke it off with Jack, went with Tali and then I quit playing ME3 as soon as I saw the photo of Tali's face.

In my opinion I beat the game and from what I've heard I think my ending was much more satisfying.

EDIT: I almost quit when they killed Mordin. He's the epitome of a scientist salarian and you just don't fuck with that. You just don't.
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa3s View Post
    Quadra capitals of the world:

Delta: Welwyn Garden City

I never thought I'd see Welwyn Garden City mentioned on this forum. Fairly good call, not really my kind of town, but definately more Delta in design and founding ideology... Do you know it well?

I've always considered Milton Keynes (another English new town) to be oscillating between Alpha and Delta.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milton_Keynes

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milton_...id_road_system
    IEE-Ne

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by somavision View Post
    I never thought I'd see Welwyn Garden City mentioned on this forum. Fairly good call, not really my kind of town, but definately more Delta in design and founding ideology... Do you know it well?

I've always considered Milton Keynes (another English new town) to be oscillating between Alpha and Delta.
    Thanks, I chose it mostly because it's a good example for the garden city movement which has some delta flavour to it, imho. I heard of Ebenezer Howard and his ideas at several occasions, but I don't know much about the individual cities themselves, besides the general philosophy. That includes Milton Keynes, even if I remember the name.
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's really pretty! I love how green everything is! And how the roads aren't all straight. They are curvy and meet at non-conventional places. I feel like if I went there, every street would be a verdant adventure!
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by woofwoofl View Post
    Delta:
    What are those curves for on the bottom? I don't think Delta would make that. Looks pointless.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, I chose it mostly because it's a good example for the garden city movement which has some delta flavour to it, imho. I heard of Ebenezer Howard and his ideas at several occasions, but I don't know much about the individual cities themselves, besides the general philosophy. That includes Milton Keynes, even if I remember the name.
    Ah ok, I was just wondering as I live about 10km from WGC. Interesting, Howard is something of a local legend as both his Garden Cities are fairly nearby to me, I didn't really know that he was well known outside the area.
    IEE-Ne

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by somavision View Post
    Interesting, Howard is something of a local legend as both his Garden Cities are fairly nearby to me, I didn't really know that he was well known outside the area.
    It's worth mentioning that I study city planning. And since I found Howard and Garden Cities pretty interesting, it got stuck in my head and appeared in some of my papers for college.
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Mentioned
    568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

The shrine to Alpha Quadra is Central park, it represents equal access, free to enter and leave. It was built to combine the modern with the ageless and a monument to, democracy, modernity and nature.

It's a place of leisure, gathering, meetings and greetings, where people of all race/creed/politics/religions are allowed and welcomed.

Creepy-bg

It's worth mentioning that I study city planning. And since I found Howard and Garden Cities pretty interesting, it got stuck in my head and appeared in some of my papers for college.
    we have a perpetually unfinished arcology a bit outside of the city... I considered going there to help build/learn once, but you have to pay for it there was a time when i thought it looked really neat, but i have to say looking at pictures of it now that it's kind of archetectual rapish feeling lol. I like the look of that garden city much better (although you really couldn't do that here in the desert without it being super non-self-contained)

https://www.google.com/search?q=arcosanti&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=PAuXT7mg KYqO2w3LmLDg&biw=1333&bih=654&sei=QQuXT6S2Cqe62gWaqKT_DQ

http://www.arcosanti.org/

I
    have fantasies of founding a hobbitlike city using one of their construction techniques, make a pile of dirt, cover it with cement, dig out dirt, dome! then maybe throw some dirt on the dome and plant grass.... repeat until hobbit city is complete

Mentioned
    568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by woofwoofl View Post
    Alpha:

Beta:

Gamma:

Delta:
    I don't think Rizzi is Alpha, as his overall work lacks a underlying structure and logic that is imo characteristic of Alpha Ti Valuing. It's possible but I don't see it.

I think Calatrava is a better example of a Alpha architect/artist.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah that explains it then.
    IEE-Ne