Thread: Your reaction to other people hating on your dual?

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Your reaction to other people hating on your dual?

I've noticed personally that when people are hating on ESTps I struggle to understand why they feel so averse. I know various famous SLE's that have gotten really bad press & people hating on them, whereas I'll be the one who takes the underdogs side. Like when other people get their panties in a bunch about supposedly harmful/ rude/ immoral actions taken by my dual - I often think those things are, cool/ "baddass", funny, moral, right on, etc....

When a dual of yours is in other peoples wrong books, both in real life and in the media spotlight - Have you found yourself getting sympathetic or taking their side ?

TIM
    IEI 4-6-9 apparently
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I try to explain how they're actually a really nice person, just misunderstood... poor SLEs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Agee The Great View Post
    Nobody here...besides me, seems to know what SLE is except for maybe Maritsa.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diam0nd View Post
    When a dual of yours is in other peoples wrong books, both in real life and in the media spotlight - Have you found yourself getting sympathetic or taking their side ?
    *looks at sig* Nope... Can't say that I have ever felt that way. Ever.
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't think of too many media examples but with people in my own life who get slighted or looked down upon whether PoLR related or not, I struggle to see what most others see as being damnable. I'm inclined to support them if our relationship permits that, defend them, or else roll my eyes and wonder what the hell people are getting so worked up about.
    Life's a bitch and she's got me pussy whipped.

Creepy-pokeball

My supposed dual can take care of themself, lol.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some of my "duals" are real assholes. I don't feel bad for them.

Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depending on how apt of a criticism it is, I may agree.
    @diamond fwiw most of the SLE's I've known have been very congenial and well-meaning people who I have no real problems with.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The stereotypical SEI is nice, avoidant and peaceful, so if someone has a problem with them, I get very angry - I get angry by injustice, so there it is. I find hard to protect them from mockery/irony, though, if they take themselves too seriously I can't do anything about the offender :|.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I think they're being misinterpreted I will probably stand up for them and try to explain their point of view to others, but this applies to any other type just as well as LSE. I'm of course more likely to find myself feeling sympathy towards a dual (because I communicate better with them and hence trust them/see "real value" behind their actions more easily), but I won't defend anyone just because they're in my quadra. A nazi LSE that beats up beta kids won't get much sympathy from me, but a SLE that works hard to make the world a better place to live for everyone will be respected etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    Ti-LSI, 6w5, ISTJ
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I only defend them if I felt the criticisms were unjustified.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I would encourage him to not pay attention to them and not worry about them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've heard people talk about my ESE friend before, and while agreeing with their observations, have simultaneously shrugged it off. So what if he's "not very deep" or "doesn't have a lot to say"?
    IJ temperament
    LII ()
    LII-Ne
    H-LII
    Ni-LII
    iei-LII

Enneagram: 5(w4?)

Haikus
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

As much as I want to be loved and appreciated and respected, I learned that a lot of people are going to dislike me, and even wished I was dead. Liking another person feels rare, and loving another even rarer. So I guess I wouldn't really care. honestly people can hate who they want to hate. as long as they don't try to hurt me or my loved ones I don't really care. You're allowed to have whatever feelings you have, but i will not tolerate being bullied or mistreated. xD

thankfully most people are just incredibly neutral towards me.

TIM
    6 sp
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Together, we will throw shit bombs on their houses.

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    As much as I want to be loved and appreciated and respected, I learned that a lot of people are going to dislike me, and even wished I was dead. Liking another person feels rare, and loving another even rarer. So I guess I wouldn't really care. honestly people can hate who they want to hate. as long as they don't try to hurt me or my loved ones I don't really care. You're allowed to have whatever feelings you have, but i will not tolerate being bullied or mistreated. xD

thankfully most people are just incredibly neutral towards me.
    Death is a weird wish. Some people need to check themselves before the lame themselves. Anyways, would you settle for amiable over neutral?

Haikus
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Anyways, would you settle for amiable over neutral?
    Well I know YOU are amiable with me, cutie.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tend to speak up for my duals, even those who can speak for themselves. I'm likely to start an argument with the instigator about good versus evil (or something else vaguely relevant) and let my dual walk away as he or she pleases. Unless it's true, in which case it's totally acceptable and I will agree.

ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

often my interpretation of people's negative reactions to SLEs is that they just didn't want to hear the truth also i think SLEs often openly do what others try to hide..

some really can be intolerant jerks though.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm not 100% sure but it was usually the person I thought is my dual saying things in defence of me when I did say something out of the line, that is, called a horse a horse. Upon noticing it is genuine, I did the same in return when person in question was in jam due to not saying something out of line of course - different other things. Whatever it takes.

Anyhow, I did actually appreciate it, after some time. This person said "don't", and I was okay with it.

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly, I rarely hear people talk shit about most of the SLEs I know that isn't just pettiness or adolescent jealousy. They tend to be social butterflies: very popular, outgoing, charming, and very decent people. I used to know a few way back in high school who had fallen through the cracks, however, and basically delinquents and social outcasts. Some of them were assholes, but one was actually one of my closest friends. He just had a lot of crap going on, and had kind of given up on making his life something other than a nihilistic experiment in untempered hedonism. He did eventually get his shit together and made his way through community college and earned an associates in something or other. (I didn't help. It was all on his steam, and I'm actually pretty proud of him, considering what he was like in high school.) The shit that got talked about him was just cruel bullshit, like kicking the dog while he's already down.

Also I think having an SLE for a younger brother made me kind of more willing to give SLEs the benefit of the doubt. Sometimes he'd do or say stuff that was just absolutely horrible and I'd call him out on it, even as I understood it. Of course, sometimes they do some indefensible shit that even I am not about to waste my time trying to understand.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whenever anyone hates on anyone else and i feel they are speaking from bias, i defend them of course at the opportune time. if that doesn't come soon enough i will give the evil eye.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington View Post
    whenever anyone hates on anyone else and i feel they are speaking from bias, i defend them of course at the opportune time. if that doesn't come soon enough i will give the evil eye.
    aren't you an old time user? didn't you type yourself INFj previously? what is the evil eye?

TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    635 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

uh oh

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ms Kensington!!! Holy cow! How long has it been? My favorite INTj! How are you?
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is from way way before I had ever heard about Socionics, but my EIE dad absolutely could not stand three people in my life, and I just could not understand how he saw them the way he did. He read all sorts of things into them - dishonesty, meanness, that kind of thing. I didn't see where it was coming from and just kept trying to figure out how we could have such different views of people. So I was just puzzled. I didn't do anything.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

what is essential is invisible to the eye fox's Avatar
    TIM
    Seer
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

I don't notice people hating on my dual a wholeee lot, but when they do hate on a dual that I personally know, I just try to explain to them that they're really good awesome people underneath their exterior.
    Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    betas should be kept in zoos for children to stare and throw pop corn at.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm having troubles understanding why people would hate SEIs.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a feel a sense of relief from knowing that i appreciate something that is in low demand. kind of like striking a nice bargain.

TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    635 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labster View Post
    a feel a sense of relief from knowing that i appreciate something that is in low demand. kind of like striking a nice bargain.
    hahaha

Creepy-male

I get annoyed when people hate on an actual person, when someone hates on a particular type I just think they're an idiot. I don't think the point of typology is to give you ammunition to rant about stuff, and if it is -- well then its a very complex way to express your frustration with things.

TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    635 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

i dont have a lot of dual experience but lab's post did remind me of this extj girl i knew in college. a lot of people didn't like her because she was so talkative and opinionated and brash. i didn't really feel the need to stand up for her though because she quickly brushed off any comments and seemed pretty oblivious about it. which was part of her charm because it made her cluelessly honest.

it was kind of like "they don't know what they're missing, hehe at them" and it felt like i was in on a really good secret.