Thread: SLI-ILE Semi-Duality Relations (ISTp and ENTp)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default SLI-ILE Semi-Duality Relations (ISTp and ENTp)

SLI here. He's my best friend because he's nice, fun and easy to talk with - very smart - but sometimes he gets on my nerves. He:

- was invited to my mum's funeral, but couldn't come because "he had to study". He spent that day reading manga at home.
    - mocks/scoffs at anything he doesn't understand: "dude, no wonder you oversleep when you're up all night [ignoring the fact that I'm depressed and have trouble sleeping, which he should know]"; "*scoff*, why do people always write R.I.P. on YouTube videos of dead people who are moderately interesting?"
    - is really set in his ways. Seems to think his opinions, logic and reasoning are perfect. Most people are stupid.
    - is terrified of the thought that others might think he's wrong/ignorant about something. Is very quick to point out, "I know that", even when it's not even remotely implied that one is trying to teach him something - just pointing out facts to steer the conversation.

Again, he's a good friend despite these, really, small nitpicks. I just need a break from his very opinionated chattering sometimes. Our relationship seems to perfectly fit Wikisocion's semi-duality description.

Any points of view on the matter?

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like an ILE I know and your friend also sounds like someone I would intensely dislike. Other thoughts are that it may have less to do with semi-duality than it does the kind of guy he is as ILEs aren't always like that, of course. Also, there's a chance he had no intention of going the funeral and made up some excuse.

TIM
    6 sp
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Billions View Post
    - was invited to my mum's funeral, but couldn't come because "he had to study". He spent that day reading manga at home.
    Some people aren't good at handling stuff like that. Try not to hold that against him. I'm the same way, and I might be kind of upset if a good friend assumed I didn't care because I didn't go to the funeral. I can hardly bring myself to go visit my own family in the hospital, so I can only imagine how uncomfortable I would feel having to go to the funeral of somebody I didn't know all that well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks! Well, I think he can just be awfully socially oblivious. Most of the time, there's no harm in that, and he's not the scumbag I realize I might make him out to be. For example, regarding the funeral, I think he was just overwhelmed and didn't know how to act or what to say, so he went into his shell and hoped the problem would go away by itself. While it's limited to what degree a "type" really can describe a person, it would be fun to hear about similar experiences!

EDIT: Wrote this before I saw Aerorobyn's reply. Thank you, too! I was angry with him for weeks after the incident and didn't see him as a good friend, because what are friends for if not for support under those circumstances, even if it feels difficult? That subsided a bit after I started considering the viewpoint you've just described.

TIM
    6 sp
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks! Well, I think he can just be awfully socially oblivious. Most of the time, there's no harm in that, and he's not the scumbag I realize I might make him out to be. For example, regarding the funeral, I think he was just overwhelmed and didn't know how to act or what to say, so he went into his shell and hoped the problem would go away by itself. While it's limited to what degree a "type" really can describe a person, it would be fun to hear about similar experiences!
    I'm sure that's what it is - not knowing what to say or do. That's why I avoid those situations, but it comes with the cost of having your family think of you as selfish and uncaring.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

baahahaha jesus christ

Anyways, most of ILEs being assholes is unintentional, no matter how brutal it is to be on the receiving end of it. I just laugh at their jokes when I catch them and try to make them smile and shit haha...

Find more friends and get back to him when you're less sick of the bullshit and kinda miss the dude
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does he try to grind your gear aswell? lol

umm I don't think he's being an ass intentionally, I think it's a case of vulnerable which you value being SLI.

Perpetual Confusion Machine PistolShrimp's Avatar
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My ILE guy is no good with funerals or emotional hard times either; his reaction is to make inappropriate jokes to distract himself. I think it's the -PoLR, like Diam0nd said. He needs someone to help make him comfortable with the situation using their .

Marxist Ne’er-do-well Red Villain's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-SLI/ xNTJ
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or a lobotomy.
    "We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.".

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you sure he's really ILE and not just *a dick*?

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI here. He's my best friend because he's nice, fun and easy to talk with - very smart - but sometimes he gets on my nerves. He:

1. was invited to my mum's funeral, but couldn't come because "he had to study". He spent that day reading manga at home.
    2. mocks/scoffs at anything he doesn't understand: "dude, no wonder you oversleep when you're up all night [ignoring the fact that I'm depressed and have trouble sleeping, which he should know]"; "*scoff*, why do people always write R.I.P. on YouTube videos of dead people who are moderately interesting?"
    3. is really set in his ways. Seems to think his opinions, logic and reasoning are perfect. Most people are stupid.
    4. is terrified of the thought that others might think he's wrong/ignorant about something. Is very quick to point out, "I know that", even when it's not even remotely implied that one is trying to teach him something - just pointing out facts to steer the conversation.

Again, he's a good friend despite these, really, small nitpicks. I just need a break from his very opinionated chattering sometimes. Our relationship seems to perfectly fit Wikisocion's semi-duality description.

Any points of view on the matter?
    1. A funeral is about as uncomfortable as it gets to an ILE. Asking him to go to your mom's funeral probably made him feel really awkward. Something along the line of a close firend admitting deep romantic love for you.
    2. He probably knows about the whole depression-stuff, but doesn't know how to go about it, so he finds it easier to joke around and pretend you never gave him the burden of your mental health, because it is a burden to him.
    3. You can always prove him wrong with empirical facts. Probably not statistics (because they can be interpreted in a lot of ways). The "errors" are almost always in the assumptions.
    4. When Te-people is "pointing out facts to steer the conversation", it is often experienced as someone thinking of you as less intelligent while trying to teach you elementary things that you already know in a real dumbed down way. Like they're educating a stupid child.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

ILE x SLI interview. semi-duality really comes through in their conversation:

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

These relations seem to work well except for one big source of mutual irritation: ENTps tend to like everybody else revolving around them while ISTps like to defeat people who lay claim to thrones. The ISTp occasionally tries to bring the other down to earth and the ENTp sees the attempt as an assault. If there's disharmony between these two types, it seems to revolve around this central theme.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Me and my ILE friend are in agreement that most ppl are stupid. That include us sometimes.
    "All nations will place their hope in him."
    (Mt 12:21)

TIM
    ILe-nE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    These relations seem to work well except for one big source of mutual irritation: ENTps tend to like everybody else revolving around them while ISTps like to defeat people who lay claim to thrones. The ISTp occasionally tries to bring the other down to earth and the ENTp sees the attempt as an assault. If there's disharmony between these two types, it seems to revolve around this central theme.

a.k.a. I/O

My Sli dad almost kill me when i listen to this song. What make worse, my EIE brother use me as his scapegoat

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

There tends to be ethical problemos that arises from both parties. Uncomfortable ethical information and miscommunication. Otherwise it can be OK.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org