Thread: BDSM and Beta Quadra

TIM
    IEI FE subtype
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default BDSM and Beta Quadra

Given how our Quadra is known for sadomasochistic tones in their interactions (play fight, quarrels, strong emotions and contrasts etc)

Do you think BDSM is most common amongst Betas?

Feel free to share anything related

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

There is already at least one previous thread on which Quadra likes BDSM.

I think the previous consensus was Delta.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    There is already at least one previous thread on which Quadra likes BDSM.

I think the previous consensus was Delta.

Lol really?
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Paradoxica View Post
    Given how our Quadra is known for sadomasochistic tones in their interactions (play fight, quarrels, strong emotions and contrasts etc)

Do you think BDSM is most common amongst Betas?

Feel free to share anything related

This is pretty commonplace ime

I think this is the thread that @Adamstrange was referring to.

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...SM#post1423834
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm quite sure that ILI's and SEE's have it going on... or whatever stanlekubrickesque they do together.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    IEI FE subtype
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hahaha fair enough, I know a lot of SEEs with submissive tendencies

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't know if being into BDSM is more likely to be influenced by type.

I do think any type can be into BDSM.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I will say that the idea that betas are more sexually promiscuous than other quadras is silly. Probably just more into shock tactics lol.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ave View Post
    Probably just more into shock tactics lol.

I think ExE and IxIs tend to talk about it more ime. But even that is debatable.

TIM
    SCS EII, so4w5 461
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am a definite beta NF and loathe at the idea of BDSM, but I also am victim of sexual abuse, which factors in.
    I am in my head; not society.

Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (+ my own incarnation of a Zelda concept).

My thoughts align w action to succeed what needs (at least in my dreamed ideal, they do)…

Dragons:

Babies, click them to make them grow up into Kara’s Dragon Museum

My favorite adult Museum Exhibits

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find it interesting that @Paradoxica went from what type am I to BDSM in one post lol.

TIM
    IEI FE subtype
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by D E M O N View Post
    I find it interesting that @Paradoxica went from what type am I to BDSM in one post lol.
    LMAO Why not haha

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sexual playfight is all well since it can be rationalized by the NFs as what’s fun and needed to jolt them out of physical stupor. Proper bdsm is one step further and would require ‘official’ establishment of a place in a chain of command, let’s call it, that the NFs, at least somewhat id​eologized in some way and respondant to their quadra complex, would hesitate to incorporate. But, as I said, it’s only one step further. I find the extreme homoerotism of the quadra more interesting than leather and studs. The physicality of the STs precipitates it. I once met a pair of SLE-IEI female friends. The SLE disparaged her friend in public in appropriate type fashion (the IEI stuck around, where would she go?) and minutes later started touching her or play-biting her. According to the IEI it got more pronounced when they were alone and yet they were straight for all they knew. The IEI complained about her friend bothering her with these touches but I get the impression she never relaxed into them, probably because she didn’t know what would happen if she did. Eventually the IEI got tired of the subpar treatment she got and they drifted apart. Simultaneously I was having the exact same experience with an SLE female friend. Se and Ni make beta alike a brothel where anything goes rather than just bdsm.
    Sicuramente cercherai il significato di questo.

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s the beta rationals who could be into it as process types. Beta irrationals prefer a natural form of aggression without extra trappings.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusal View Post
    Sexual playfight is all well since it can be rationalized by the NFs as what’s fun and needed to jolt them out of physical stupor. Proper bdsm is one step further and would require ‘official’ establishment of a place in a chain of command, let’s call it, that the NFs, at least somewhat id​eologized in some way and respondant to their quadra complex, would hesitate to incorporate.

I probably should have marked this constructive instead of liking it. This has been so true to my experience. Rough play fighting, yes. But leather straps, whips, candle wax, and pet names? I'll pass.

But, as I said, it’s only one step further. I find the extreme homoerotism of the quadra more interesting than leather and studs. The physicality of the STs precipitates it. I once met a pair of SLE-IEI female friends. The SLE disparaged her friend in public in appropriate type fashion (the IEI stuck around, where would she go?) and minutes later started touching her or play-biting her. According to the IEI it got more pronounced when they were alone and yet they were straight for all they knew. The IEI complained about her friend bothering her with these touches but I get the impression she never relaxed into them, probably because she didn’t know what would happen if she did. Eventually the IEI got tired of the subpar treatment she got and they drifted apart. Simultaneously I was having the exact same experience with an SLE female friend. Se and Ni make beta alike a brothel where anything goes rather than just bdsm.
    This is interesting. I think Beta is an extremely sexual and sensual quadra even though it rejects Si, which I have always associated with sex and pleasure. Gestures of affection are extreme almost to the point of becoming violence.

Beta NFs want to be grabbed and taken and STs want to grab and take. If that makes sense.

I think even in seemingly platonic circumstances this can seem sexual. But I think culturally, at least where I live, its more acceptable for women to give other women physical affection than men doing so.

Even so, I have had very similar experiences to this IEI you mention.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I definitely prefer aggressive style but it's more of a verbal thing with me and I might not necessarily want to do most of the things we talk about. I said this before but I really do think Beta quadra is the one that might talk very roughly but in private just want you to be nice and normal, and Delta puts on this air of nice normal Christian but in reality wants somebody to beat them until their boobies are red while they hang upside down in the basement with a ball gag in their mouth. I think that's how it usually goes- but the Betas who are what-you-see-is-what-you-get and the Deltas who really are that prude-ish and vanilla make it seem like the stereotype of Beta = corrupt perverts and Delta = morally virtuous as having more truth than it really does. Cuz I think in reality it's kind of the opposite of what people think, or people want to blame Betas for their own personal fuck-ups in life?

I don't think I'd ever be into being whipped or treated too roughly. A few years ago as a dark fantasy (not *my* fantasy just a fantasy- I have 4D Ni after all so my fantasies become the universes fantasies mwa ha ha ha ) I wanted to write a story about a IEI woman who was into her fingers being broken during sex lol - but I mean it's not like I would enjoy that in real life I was just being weird or something. I've noticed a lot of Delta people often misunderstand me and think of some of the crap I talk about is what I actually want to do in reality- probably a projection because they are the ones most likely to actually do that weird creepy shit lol.

I like when a guy just kinda approaches me even if it's awkward or not Te pretty bowed. Even if I wasn't interested back that much I would appreciate the confidence or something. I mean yeah I understand these days guys are worried about losing their jobs and certain Te authority types making a scapegoat out of sex for power but then again I feel any guy I am dating or am with should have the insight to realize that I'm not the type of person to snitch to the sex police over the littlest thing. But I mean it's like- I am pretty shy and soft naturally or something so I would need somebody more forward and 'aggressive' to balance me out or nothing is going to happen anyway probably lol.

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    Beta irrationals prefer a natural form of aggression without extra trappings.
    Wow, Northstar, you're able to articulate what I feel extremely well. This is totally what I was going to comment.
    I'd totally engage in BDSM play if its what my partner wanted, but it's just another sort of game to me. Fun, but ultimately not the main thing I'm after. I like the way that my duals just sort of "embody" aggression in a really casual way. They don't have to do anything more than be themselves and that'll do it for me
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ave View Post
    I will say that the idea that betas are more sexually promiscuous than other quadras is silly. Probably just more into shock tactics lol.
    I'm certainly not promiscuous; probably demisexual to some extent. I'm incredibly picky with who I let into my life very far, and prospective partners need to have a very specific spark that I find hard to describe in order for me to be interested. That being said, I'll flirt and talk about sex with people almost immediately after meeting them as long as they appear comfortable with it, so I might come off as somewhat promiscuous to someone who hasn't known me for long
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like to think about sex way more than actually have sex. I have always thought this was a victim thing.

TIM
    ILI-HC
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tbh it's a mixed thing for me. Yeah BDSM and being Dom and stuff is fine and even the adrenaline is great, but I shit you not, I also find that, at the same night, we are also cuddling together talking about intimate things even if outside that context I am distant.
    Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Bvd?
    Personal Website: https://sites.google.com/view/the-qams-diaries/the-qams-diaries