Thread: EIEs/ENFjs, what does Ti suggestive mean to you?

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default EIEs/ENFjs, what does Ti suggestive mean to you?

?

Creepy-pokeball

lol.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae View Post
    lol.
    Because there is only like 1 EIE around here?

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It means to me I just love, I don't know, nothing comes to my mind.

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by Ozz View Post
    Because there is only like 1 EIE around here?
    Im on his ignore and I make up a decent portion of the current ENFj contribution.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae View Post
    Im on his ignore and I make up a decent portion of the current ENFj contribution.
    Isn't that pitiful.

Creepy-pokeball

Sup, tin foil man?

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice thread you got here. Real cute. Don't worry, NewBornStar might help you out, depending on his current self-typing.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's so much more complicated than the model suggests... there's a reason we need the help of duals regarding this function. But for each type, the reason is different.

EIEs talk often about the need for strength... but they rarely discuss WHY it is needed.

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    It's so much more complicated than the model suggests... there's a reason we need the help of duals regarding this function. But for each type, the reason is different.

EIEs talk often about the need for strength... but they rarely discuss WHY it is needed.
    /bait /bait /bait /bait /bait

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(Note for the record, I waver in myself typing...)

Suggestive Ti has two elements to it. One is we are fascinated by the knowledge of other people and wish to encourage others to elaborate on their expertise. To this end we enjoy massaging explanations from people. In effect, we interview people.

The other aspect is we are often uncertain about our own positions and are eager to find clarification by conferring with others. You can see suggestive Ti in the need for EIEs to change their type. They are dual seeking (that is to say they are Ti seeking) during the self-typing thread, as the wish others to become the providers of an external source of Ti. They want the forum to be their Ti for the brief period of the retyping.
    They are kind of like talk show hosts who want to interview an expert. Then they want the expert to provide them with “consultation.”
    Put another way, the hypochondriac goes to the doctor to dual seek Ti.

I am too busy to put up a dozen “type me” threads, but I would if I had the time. That is part of my dual seeking.

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saberstorm, thank you for taking the time to reply.

I read what you're saying about the dual seeking. I've seen EIEs quiz Discojoe for hours on the video chats. He never loses his patience with them. I've noted that EIEs often ask the obvious of me in my conversations with them... my ex-gf did this with me all the time.

But why? Why do they have so little confidence in their reasoning ability that they must rely on someone else to be their brain?

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is not a lack of confidence in their reasoning ability. They desire others to participate in their thoughts. They also want to be with other people.

However their real motive is more complex. The Fe subtype (which is me, if I do not change my type again...) seeks to encourage others to psychologically invest in the issue at hand, by baiting others commit and establish intellectual clarity. In turn, the Fe-EIE wants to create excitement in the newly "invested" person, and to then motivate them to act on the issue. They deeply want to do things together with others, and they will often play a submissive role in order to create a group project, a project that they triggered through their questioning.

In a more mature form, the Fe-EIE can play the role of Socrates - using a "knowing" ignorance to encourage others to explain and elaborate on their thoughts. This is not from a lack of knowing on the EIEs part. They use dialogue as a teaching tool, asking others questions to trigger "teachable moments" for the EIE to illuminate certain ideas. The ENFj is a common "college professor" personality, who on the one hand seeks classroom engagement, and then uses skillful questions to force the students to clarify positions that the professor is a certified expert in.

They can also use it to be like Hegel - creating a blending, yeilding social "zietgeist" that they trigger and manipulate.

In other words, their motive is Fe, not the Ti itself.

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    There is not a lack of confidence in their reasoning ability. They desire others to participate in their thoughts. They also want to be with other people.

However their real motive is more complex. The Fe subtype (which is me, if I do not change my type again...) seeks to encourage others to psychologically invest in the issue at hand, by baiting others commit and establish intellectual clarity. In turn, the Fe-EIE wants to create excitement in the newly "invested" person, and to then motivate them to act on the issue. They deeply want to do things together with others, and they will often play a submissive role in order to create a group project, a project that they triggered through their questioning.

In a more mature form, the Fe-EIE can play the role of Socrates - using a "knowing" ignorance to encourage others to explain and elaborate on their thoughts. This is not from a lack of knowing on the EIEs part. They use dialogue as a teaching tool, asking others questions to trigger "teachable moments" for the EIE to illuminate certain ideas. The ENFj is a common "college professor" personality, who on the one hand seeks classroom engagement, and then uses skillful questions to force the students to clarify positions that the professor is a certified expert in.

They can also use it to be like Hegel - creating a blending, yeilding social "zietgeist" that they trigger and manipulate.

In other words, their motive is Fe, not the Ti itself.
    Interesting.

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    Saberstorm, thank you for taking the time to reply.

I read what you're saying about the dual seeking. I've seen EIEs quiz Discojoe for hours on the video chats. He never loses his patience with them. I've noted that EIEs often ask the obvious of me in my conversations with them... my ex-gf did this with me all the time.

But why? Why do they have so little confidence in their reasoning ability that they must rely on someone else to be their brain?
    YOUR logic is awful. First, DJ is very volatile and intentionally attention seeking. Next, I highly doubt he is an ISTj. Last, the state of his mental health does not qualify him as any sort of normative example.

ENFj's are not inherently lacking confidence in Ti, or even Te really. There are many prime examples of ENFj's is very distinct fields. Ti is merely connective. All primary ST qualities have some sort of tether for NF's to bring them down from where they are internally. Whether or not it is accepted is another issue. It has jack shit to do with confidence. Not that I would talk to DJ, because I personally think he is dangerous, but I would bait him for fun. That is really his only purpose here, and that is the only thing he knows to do here, too. It certainly has jack to do with Ti.

Also, I'm not sure your personal relation really qualify for anything substantial. You really cannot even connect properly online, which really should raise personal red flags.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've known many ISTjs. I do think he is an ISTj.

Saber that is very enlightening. So ENFJs so emphasize Fe that when their emotionality becomes -- or is -- overbearing they will choose to disbelieve in that which does not conform to their emotion. Fe filters Ti. Does Ti filter Fe, I wonder...? Yeah, yeah I guess it does.

So here's the pattern I'm seeing: the suggestive is filtered by the base, but the base is never filtered by the suggestive. However, a dual can explain why their base IE doesn't necessarily require filtration in a specific circumstance.

However I'm seeing a political element in this as well, because Ti should never yield its state to public opinion. That's bad for science because religion will always have an advantage when it comes to Fe.
    Last edited by tcaudilllg; 04-20-2012 at 06:24 PM.

Creepy-pokeball

Ever thought that maybe you have a fixation on things that are not healthy?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Ti suggestive means enjoying letting others speak their mind even if you have additions. It likes and allows the Ti type to make their analysis, when the Ti is insistent on keeping to their analysis, with respect.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    Ti suggestive means enjoying letting others speak their mind even if you have additions. It likes and allows the Ti type to make their analysis, when the Ti is insistent on keeping to their analysis, with respect.

I know this is an old post, but I came here to give my perspective and I couldn't really say it better than this.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    ILI-HC
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find it Ti suggestive that I like and get along with people who are 'experts', letting them speak and adding into the conversation as some sort of talk show dynamic.

As for myself, it means that I value things like 'intellect' and 'models'-'systems' etc. but I have a hard time applying them to myself or keeping things consistent. In a way, I am fine being contradictory myself and two opposite things make sense to me until a Ti type clears the issue more.
    Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Bvd?
    Personal Website: https://sites.google.com/view/the-qams-diaries/the-qams-diaries