Thread: Recognizing and identifying ESEs-ESFjs: traits, style, appearance and observations

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Recognizing and identifying ESEs-ESFjs: traits, style, appearance and observations

What do I look out for?

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IME Meaningless conversations with thin analysis, platitudes, constant smile, cheeriness. Generally very light-hearted.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    6 sp
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing i've noticed is that ESEs tend to love making all sorts of wacky faces when posing for pictures.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

really? i thought that they are pretty much politically correct about that stuff but maybe you mean wacky-faces-meant-to-be-kind-of-funny-and-will-totally-not-make-you-look-ugly-or-retared-or-a-pariah-in-general

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer View Post
    really? i thought that they are pretty much politically correct about that stuff but maybe you mean wacky-faces-meant-to-be-kind-of-funny-and-will-totally-not-make-you-look-ugly-or-retared-or-a-pariah-in-general
    Speaking from experience, it depends on the ESE. I don't think we bother much with political correctness around my house (in fact, I find it stupid). My mother does or says things that will shock me at times, but she doesn't mean anything malicious by it.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They'll usually try to mother you (the female ones, at least). Like I know a ESE girl who holds these parties at her elaborate apartment and despite the fact that she has like five to ten snack choices laid out once I saw that she was making something on the spot for a guest that was allergic to everything else...?? The male ones will try to take care of you in little ways too. Once I couchsurfed with an ESE man after getting my purse stolen and he spent the whole time buying me nice groceries and feeding me, then engaging in Fe-type gossip about the pedophile that lived on his street...

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ESEs are weird, that's how you identify them.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you read them like a book? Are their emotions visible even to a blind man? ESE.
    Easy Day

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kim Appleby:

Lena Meyer-Landrut:

Michael Palin:

Agnetha Fältskog (ABBA):

Some ESFJ-man on youtube:

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they always over-buy at the grocery store.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

They try to be funny in a sarcastic way
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lena Meyer Landrut is IEE.

Marxist Ne’er-do-well Red Villain's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-SLI/ xNTJ
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Check your local children's soccer field or minivan dealership.
    "We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.".

Creepy-male

I think Nomenclature should respond to this thread

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    Lena Meyer Landrut is IEE.
    That would be the most Fe oriented IEE ever, lol. Did you watch the video in my post? I think she gives a very ESE impression, her face is constantly expressing changing emotions, it's really fascinating.

At 3:35-3:50 she gets pressured about meeting the songwriters, then it looks like she is holding her breath or something and she looks up, then she changes to a more arrogant expression and responds that she "hasn't had time. I'm talking to you so I can't talk to them". Then nails the interviewer with her eyes and laughs nervously.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESFj are Extraverted Rationals, so they generally project this sort of social dominance and authority. Not in a slick sort of Se way, which comes across as tactical or "outside of the system." EJ's are very much inside of the system and working to make it "better," whereas Se dominants operate inside of the social system when it clearly benefits their goals. By the "system" I mean the established implicit contracts and feelings of rapport that give people a sense of arrangement and connected operations. The system is of particular importance to extraverted rationals, as it is the source of their information about the objective world. EXTj's are oriented towards the procedural and categorical manifestations of the system, and EXFj's oriented towards the behavioral and aesthetic manifestations. ESFj's want to establish feelings of rapport and agreement, or even agreement to disagree. What's important is the maintenance of the system of human decision making and harmonious operations, despite acknowledged differences. ESFj's have a strong physical presence, they are "robust" in this way (being sensors), unlike the airiness of intuitives. Being around an EXFj, one has the feeling of being "sucked into" an evolving web of implicit contracts. It's very give and take, one person being expected to fulfill a role and the other reciprocating in kind. The purpose is to establish new systems of rapport. In more intimate situations, the ESFj will reveal a whimsical world view and desire for simple living that contrasts with their usual energy and directiveness.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay. I like how Archon's description ties in with the theory directly.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nowisthetime View Post
    That would be the most Fe oriented IEE ever, lol. Did you watch the video in my post? I think she gives a very ESE impression, her face is constantly expressing changing emotions, it's really fascinating.

At 3:35-3:50 she gets pressured about meeting the songwriters, then it looks like she is holding her breath or something and she looks up, then she changes to a more arrogant expression and responds that she "hasn't had time. I'm talking to you so I can't talk to them". Then nails the interviewer with her eyes and laughs nervously.
    delta NFs (particularly IEEs) have strong Fe.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aerorobyn View Post

this. the Fe rolls off them right away. they are extremely comfortable in their own skin. mi casa su casa. their radiant smile is the giveaway.

the absence of Fi type of manipulation that you find with IEE's and SEE's (who have the Fe in the 8th).

they have a lighter feel than EIE's. EIE's can be more brooding, complex.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    this. the Fe rolls off them right away. they are extremely comfortable in their own skin. mi casa su casa. their radiant smile is the giveaway.

the absence of Fi type of manipulation that you find with IEE's and SEE's (who have the Fe in the 8th).

they have a lighter feel than EIE's. EIE's can be more brooding, complex.
    Hm... the one I live with feels quite manipulative and prone to "guilting".

Quote Originally Posted by lemontrees View Post
    They'll usually try to mother you (the female ones, at least). Like I know a ESE girl who holds these parties at her elaborate apartment and despite the fact that she has like five to ten snack choices laid out once I saw that she was making something on the spot for a guest that was allergic to everything else...?? The male ones will try to take care of you in little ways too. Once I couchsurfed with an ESE man after getting my purse stolen and he spent the whole time buying me nice groceries and feeding me, then engaging in Fe-type gossip about the pedophile that lived on his street...
    Haha... reminds me of our Easter cookout. We had, like, five different kinds of meat, not counting the smoked sausage that was most likely served as well. It felt like we were at a medieval feast.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All ethicals can be prone to guilting. Maybe SF's in particular.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ne dominants would come across as that way, operating under, despite, or against the extraverted rational "system." Pi-doms have less of a day to day, "petty" involvement: They'll avoid the demands of the system as much as possible, but infrequently something about the system will strike them as so untrue to subjective experience, that they will gather allies and make large strides against it. The extraverted rational system has a tendency to build on itself and create new demands and values that no longer have a relation to life as it is experienced by the individual directly.
    The end is nigh