Thread: type my partner

TIM
    Se+Ti+Ti
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default type my partner

hey, thanks for the help in the other thread of mine. It actually helped me reanalyse things at a deeper level and see more clearly what I'm like.

Now I'm wondering what type my partner might be, if anyone's up for more typing fun! =P The things I'm seeing from my ILE viewpoint (just whatever randomly pops into my head right now):

Possible strong Ti, because when he explains something to me, we are just completely in sync, he talks about Ti systems very easily. Also, he expects people's behaviour to be consistent in a Ti way. I don't expect that from people and I kind of don't care for his attitude either. Luckily he doesn't criticize my behaviour in terms of consistency, but readily does so about others.

Possible strong Te, he's full of factual information on so many topics or if he doesn't know something he's going to look it up right away and use it easily. However, I've yet to hear him discuss anything about efficiency. He just does things efficiently and that's it.

Not necessarily related to Te, but he also very much likes to boast about how he did this or that better than other people in his environment, e.g. work environment or how he's earning more money than friends and so on. He generally has a big ego, or makes it appear so. Sure, he has a basis for it as he's very intelligent but I don't understand why the need to openly boast about it. ok, ok I have that tendency myself but I will usually only think such things instead of saying it out loud, he's far more confident about this open boasting.

Obviously weak Fe and weak Fi, but when he steps on people's toes he knows perfectly well that it may happen and doesn't appear to give a shit about it, because, in his opinion, people are either stupid or intelligent. I don't care about that distinction very much. He isn't amoral in general, but he has done or considered doing some things that are definitely amoral/illegal.

Some more Fe/Fi: he has a hard time talking about personal stuff, prefers to just listen when others talk about such topics then he tries to give help to others. He will refrain from emotional expression in public places, at home it's fine though. His reason for that is to not appear vulnerable/weak.

He doesn't have focus on Si most of the time, when working hard (which happens often) he will easily ignore comfort, food, sleep until he crashes into bed or gets very moody because of suppressed hunger... I sometimes remind him to eat, when my Si comes out . Btw, he easily appreciates aesthetic details, though he does not require them; he's very good with clothing (conservative but it's still nice), and we like the same restaurants/food and so on. When I'm unsure about some practical issue in terms of Si, he will help me readily.

I don't know about Ne, because he doesn't often share his ideas with me, but then he has moments where he suddenly starts talking about something and we discuss it and it's really fun, we may not agree or not agree right away but that never causes any conflict. It seems like he can get stuck on a specific viewpoint of how things are and then I suggest how it could be otherwise and he may dismiss it first, so we debate about it but it's not any discomfort, because he's open to it, just wants to evaluate it first. Other than when he's in the mood, I don't share a lot of my Ne stuff with him, because my experience is that he'd just listen to me but not say anything..no debate either. Overall he's definitely open to some Ne but not in a scattered way at all.

Otherwise he's very much of a realist, but that's quite an advantage, I rely on him at times to make sure I don't go too far from reality and he easily helps me with many practical issues, really useful to me. I'm not going to say that he's 100% realist, he sometimes surprises me with some ideas that are really not proven or anything, but I very much like it when he talks like that, it's just not often.

I'm undecided: would this be leading or creative Ti if it's even Ti-valuing; could be leading Ti because he needs to evaluate everything first, but Te for him isn't the ignoring function. just no. Ti is also not ignoring function.

ps: pic posting is not an option now, sorry

TIM
    Se+Ti+Ti
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no typing without VI? or have I managed to overload those short attention spans again? I tried to keep it short as much as I could.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLE.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    Se+Ti+Ti
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    SLE.
    thanks, can you tell me what makes you sure he's Se leading?

one thing for sure, he's more Se than me and I'm more Ne than him but I dunno more than that for sure.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ambivalent existence View Post
    Possible strong Ti, because when he explains something to me, we are just completely in sync, he talks about Ti systems very easily. Also, he expects people's behaviour to be consistent in a Ti way. I don't expect that from people and I kind of don't care for his attitude either. Luckily he doesn't criticize my behaviour in terms of consistency, but readily does so about others.

Possible strong Te, he's full of factual information on so many topics or if he doesn't know something he's going to look it up right away and use it easily. However, I've yet to hear him discuss anything about efficiency. He just does things efficiently and that's it.

Not necessarily related to Te, but he also very much likes to boast about how he did this or that better than other people in his environment, e.g. work environment or how he's earning more money than friends and so on. He generally has a big ego, or makes it appear so. Sure, he has a basis for it as he's very intelligent but I don't understand why the need to openly boast about it. ok, ok I have that tendency myself but I will usually only think such things instead of saying it out loud, he's far more confident about this open boasting.

Obviously weak Fe and weak Fi, but when he steps on people's toes he knows perfectly well that it may happen and doesn't appear to give a shit about it, because, in his opinion, people are either stupid or intelligent. I don't care about that distinction very much. He isn't amoral in general, but he has done or considered doing some things that are definitely amoral/illegal.

Some more Fe/Fi: he has a hard time talking about personal stuff, prefers to just listen when others talk about such topics then he tries to give help to others. He will refrain from emotional expression in public places, at home it's fine though. His reason for that is to not appear vulnerable/weak.

He doesn't have focus on Si most of the time, when working hard (which happens often) he will easily ignore comfort, food, sleep until he crashes into bed or gets very moody because of suppressed hunger... I sometimes remind him to eat, when my Si comes out . Btw, he easily appreciates aesthetic details, though he does not require them; he's very good with clothing (conservative but it's still nice), and we like the same restaurants/food and so on. When I'm unsure about some practical issue in terms of Si, he will help me readily.

I don't know about Ne, because he doesn't often share his ideas with me, but then he has moments where he suddenly starts talking about something and we discuss it and it's really fun, we may not agree or not agree right away but that never causes any conflict. It seems like he can get stuck on a specific viewpoint of how things are and then I suggest how it could be otherwise and he may dismiss it first, so we debate about it but it's not any discomfort, because he's open to it, just wants to evaluate it first. Other than when he's in the mood, I don't share a lot of my Ne stuff with him, because my experience is that he'd just listen to me but not say anything..no debate either. Overall he's definitely open to some Ne but not in a scattered way at all.

Otherwise he's very much of a realist, but that's quite an advantage, I rely on him at times to make sure I don't go too far from reality and he easily helps me with many practical issues, really useful to me. I'm not going to say that he's 100% realist, he sometimes surprises me with some ideas that are really not proven or anything, but I very much like it when he talks like that, it's just not often.

I'm undecided: would this be leading or creative Ti if it's even Ti-valuing; could be leading Ti because he needs to evaluate everything first, but Te for him isn't the ignoring function. just no. Ti is also not ignoring function.

ps: pic posting is not an option now, sorry
    I bolded the things that strike me as ESTp, not necessarily Se specifically. It's harder for me to concretely point out how ONE element is being expressed because I feel like in the real world, they're always combined differently in different types and so the best way to type someone is to look at the whole person. So I just created a sort of snapshot of him based on your description here and also the way that the two of you interact, and I do think he's SLE, although obviously I'm not 100% sure or anything. Blaze (ILE) was married to an SLE for 15 years. They're divorced now but still get along okay. If he's SLE, you're lookalikes, not a horrible pairing or anything. Not the best or the worst.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like SLE to me too. Demonstrative Te, ignored Si.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    Se+Ti+Ti
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you all, yes, I was suspecting SLE, but good to have confirmation from the experts

I guess SLE-Ti specifically

The thing about being look-alikes, I feel like our communication when discussing things is way too smooth to be just look-alikes. Sure, I did say that I sometimes wished he'd not get stuck at one viewpoint, but the important thing is that that is only temporarily, and he does tend to evaluate things correctly in the end. Also, in a strange way I feel like I'm more myself when we're talking in a Se way. I feel the same when talking with other SLE's or SEE's. I feel like I understand them much better than any other type (with the exception of Fe egos), plus I like it that their Se somehow makes me really energized and feel more alive...just fun!! weird eh?

Quote Originally Posted by ambivalent existence View Post

The thing about being look-alikes, I feel like our communication when discussing things is way too smooth to be just look-alikes. Sure, I did say that I sometimes wished he'd not get stuck at one viewpoint, but the important thing is that that is only temporarily, and he does tend to evaluate things correctly in the end. Also, in a strange way I feel like I'm more myself when we're talking in a Se way. I feel the same when talking with other SLE's or SEE's. I feel like I understand them much better than any other type (with the exception of Fe egos), plus I like it that their Se somehow makes me really energized and feel more alive...just fun!! weird eh?
    it is said around here that people who use this word a lot are actually feeling types.

TIM
    Se+Ti+Ti
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer View Post
    it is said around here that people who use this word a lot are actually feeling types.

lol nah