Nala - SEE-Fi
    Scar - EIE-Ni 8w7 so/sx
    Mufasa - LSE-Te 8w9 so/sp
    Timon - ILE-Ne 7w6 sp/sx
    Pumba - SEI-Si
    Rafiki - ESI-Se 1w2 sx/sp
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There isn't much I can say about the topic I haven't already said lol

I am tempted to agree with 6w7 sx/so for Simba, although I don't know if there's enough evidence either way between w7/w5 wing and sx/so or sx/sp.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't seen this in like 20 years.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only real opinion I had was Timon and Pumbaa and I agree with you. How do you figure ESI for Rafiki, though?

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Gosh my favourite 16types topic.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    There isn't much I can say about the topic I haven't already said lol

I am tempted to agree with 6w7 sx/so for Simba, although I don't know if there's enough evidence either way between w7/w5 wing and sx/so or sx/sp.
    Mmmm...I think a w5 sx/sp would have embarked on a personal sojourn rather than diving into years of more primitive living and escapist mentality.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FoxOnStilts View Post
    The only real opinion I had was Timon and Pumbaa and I agree with you. How do you figure ESI for Rafiki, though?
    Well I would think the obvious typing would be EII-Ne, but he's too physically virile, too in-your-face and more Ni/Se voodoo symbol magicy than an EII would be IMO.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you guys seriously watch and re-watch this shit at your age? What other cartoons are post-adolescent Americans fond of? Do you have kids?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Mmmm...I think a w5 sx/sp would have embarked on a personal sojourn rather than diving into years of more primitive living and escapist mentality.
    Yeah, this makes sense re: w5 vs w7. I wouldn't count out sx/sp though just in terms of his raw energy levels; I don't see him as having the same level of sx/so unrestraint. I'm not totally willing to rewatch it under a more detached eye though at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkster View Post
    Do you guys seriously watch and re-watch this shit at your age? What other cartoons are post-adolescent Americans fond of? Do you have kids?
    PARKSTER'S MAD

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    Yeah, this makes sense re: w5 vs w7. I wouldn't count out sx/sp though just in terms of his raw energy levels; I don't see him as having the same level of sx/so unrestraint. I'm not totally willing to rewatch it under a more detached eye though at this point.
    Hm...I dunno. He has a kind of reckless abandon that I see as more sp-last, what with the whole foolish trip to the hyena den, and the whole melding with Timon and Pumba's way of life...I guess it could just be him being a 6, but the general tenor of the story has a lot of so-related implications and overall I think it fits better. I considered so/sx too.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was just bored before my late shift and my girlfriend was at work...I wanted something fun to watch. YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm...I dunno. He has a kind of reckless abandon that I see as more sp-last, what with the whole foolish trip to the hyena den, and the whole melding with Timon and Pumba's way of life...I guess it could just be him being a 6, but the general tenor of the story has a lot of so-related implications and overall I think it fits better. I considered so/sx too.
    I get what you're saying about the elephant graveyard, although that could just be a function of him being counterphobic more than anything. I interpret his years spent with Timon/Pumbaa as him simply trying to run away from his own guilt by immersing himself in a world where he isn't constantly bombarded by it; not so much reckless abandon as simply acting out of fear and guilt. I highly doubt he's so/sx though, my take on the story is Simba as an individual finding and seeking out his own place in the universe, which just so happens to be a position of great strength and power. In this way the So aspects seem more inconsequential than pivotal to the story. I could be biased though, given my seeing the story through an So-last lens and finding the pieces I want to find within it. Plus he's portrayed as such a super interpersonal and charismatic character throughout.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well yeah he was running from fear, but he ran TO Timon and Pumba. I don't think a w5 would have taken to naturally to an escapist lifestyle and would probably spend time obsessing and strategizing. Also an so-last wouldn't be so easily "swept up" in their little social dynamics.

Its pretty impossible to really type him, he's fictional, but from what cues we are given I think w7 clearly fits better and sp-last is more likely.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well yeah he was running from fear, but he ran TO Timon and Pumba. I don't think a w5 would have taken to naturally to an escapist lifestyle and would probably spend time obsessing and strategizing. Also an so-last wouldn't be so easily "swept up" in their little social dynamics.

Its pretty impossible to really type him, he's fictional, but from what cues we are given I think w7 clearly fits better and sp-last is more likely.
    I feel that were I less attached to my own personal experiences with the film I would agree much more readily. But I figure that since there's so much about his character, or any of their characters for that matter, that isn't explicitly expressed on screen, there's a lot of blank spaces that can be filled in however you want.

FWIW I never really got any real sense of strong social dynamics between the three of them. I had always seen it as just the three of them palling around for a while? Timon and Pumbaa are def. Alpha irrational though.
    Last edited by Galen; 04-20-2012 at 11:32 PM.

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like Mulan, too! And How to Train Your Dragon is one of my favorites. I really felt like I ~*~connected~*~ with Toothless. <3

I use the kid as an excuse to watch and play and talk pokemon all the time though. She's a pichu, but I get to be a zorua. :3

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

haha dolphin is nala. <3

Yeah I can't really understand or relate to Galen's strong emotional attachments over the Lion King. I thought it was a good movie but it didn't really do anything for me. My cup of tea is the campy Tamara/Buffy/Xena-ish romps through the park. So hey, there might be some natural Beta/Delta conflict there.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its pretty impossible to really type him, he's fictional...
    As if non-fictional characters were more "consistent" and easier to type... I mean just look at all the crazy shit people we know of (from historical figures and rockstars to random people we know personally) pull off, and think of how diametrically opposing and inconsistent some of their motives and actions are, especially when you observe them through a timeline. Think of life changing events and how they make people reinvent themselves and the way they look at and approach things. That being said I feel as if there's no point in fixating a single socionics type to any person ("characters" being subject to discussion, as their consistency can be kept under certain limits), unless you develop a system of broad-ranged and all-encompassing definitions covering all aspects of the evolution of the human psyche, including all possible variation patterns, clearly defined "static" qualities, and changes over time.

Punk
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who has already seen Lion King in 3D? Is it worth to see? Are there any differences between new and the old version?
    Last edited by mu4; 04-25-2012 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Do not link spam, next edit will be banned and deleted.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WintersR View Post
    Who has already seen Lion King in 3D? Is it worth to see? Are there any differences between new and the old version?
    I forced myself to not see it. When a film that wasn't shot with any 3d technology to begin with is 3d-ified, the result is far from what you'd expect from something called 3D. It's more like cardboard cut-outs flying around on screen. Plus 3D films in general just make my eyes tired.

Not that you could even see it anymore in the first place, wasn't that run only for two weeks or so?

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

3d hardly ever works for me. it just looks blurry and gives me a headache